PDA

View Full Version : Which pro sports team is worse?

Watashi
02-15-2008, 11:09 PM
The Heat
The Dolphins
The Marlins

Man, it must suck to be a sports fan in Florida.

chrisnu
02-15-2008, 11:28 PM
The Heat used to be. Since they traded Shaq, they actually have some hope in the near future.

DavidSeven
02-16-2008, 01:01 AM

In the past two and half years: Two National Championships in Basketball, a National Champion in Football, and an NBA World Championship.

In the past decade: Two World Series victories.

Florida has had more sports success (Pro and College combined) in the past decade than any other state in the country. Their fans aren't getting my sympathy.

Watashi
02-16-2008, 01:09 AM
In the past two and half years: Two National Championships in Basketball, a National Champion in Football, and an NBA World Championship.

In the past decade: Two World Series victories.

Florida has had more sports success (Pro and College combined) in the past decade than any other state in the country. Their fans aren't getting my sympathy.
At least you gained a pitcher this offseason.

Ivan Drago
02-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Neither one of those. The worst franchise in sports is easily the Oakland Raiders.

MadMan
02-16-2008, 02:58 AM
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Memphis Grizzlies
MLB: Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Yes all of those teams have had short life spans. But they've sucked every year of their existance, although the Texans seem to be turning a corner.

Kurosawa Fan
02-16-2008, 04:06 AM
Houston finished .500 in the AFC this season. That's far from sucking, especially when you have to play Indy, Jacksonville, and to a lesser extent, Tennessee twice each. They had a very promising season.

MadMan
02-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Houston finished .500 in the AFC this season. That's far from sucking, especially when you have to play Indy, Jacksonville, and to a lesser extent, Tennessee twice each. They had a very promising season.See the last part of my post. But yeah I think that the Texans with some adjustments and such may have a shot at reaching the playoffs. They may even do it. Right now I'd have to say they're my sleeper team, just like Cleveland was the sleeper team last season. The Browns would have reached the playoffs had they not lost a few cruical games down the stretch.

Lasse
02-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Bayern Münich :frustrated:

Ezee E
02-16-2008, 02:35 PM
The Heat
The Dolphins
The Marlins

How about the Panthers? How are they doing?

Benny Profane
02-16-2008, 03:08 PM
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Memphis Grizzlies
MLB: Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Yes all of those teams have had short life spans. But they've sucked every year of their existance, although the Texans seem to be turning a corner.

The Grizzlies have made the playoffs 3 or 4 times in the past few years, even though they are winless in the playoffs. 0 - 12, I think.

NFL: Bengals
NBA: Hawks
MLB: Royals
NHL: Blackhawks

chrisnu
02-16-2008, 05:38 PM
NBA: Hawks
MLB: Royals
The Hawks may squeak into the playoffs this year, but it's hard to find more irrelevant franchises than these two. The Pirates and Devil Rays come close.

Ezee E
02-16-2008, 06:09 PM
The Clippers, while not as bad as usual, will always be the joke of the NBA to me.

Kurosawa Fan
02-16-2008, 06:17 PM
The Hawks may squeak into the playoffs this year, but it's hard to find more irrelevant franchises than these two. The Pirates and Devil Rays come close.

This was the team I was going to mention. They haven't been terribly relevant since the 70's (a couple postseason appearances in the early 90's, but no victories) and it doesn't look like that will change any time in the near future.

bac0n
02-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't know how they're doing this year, but the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup a few years ago...

Benny Profane
02-16-2008, 07:09 PM
This was the team I was going to mention. They haven't been terribly relevant since the 70's (a couple postseason appearances in the early 90's, but no victories) and it doesn't look like that will change any time in the near future.

They have a pretty nice pitching staff with Snell, Gorzelanny, Morris, and Duke, with Marte and Capps in the pen. They also play in the worst division i baseball. The odds aren't great, but it isn't totally hopeless.

The D-rays may never vault ahead of the Sox or Yanks but they also have some good pieces with Kazmir, Garza, and Shields, as well as some great young hitters.

The Royals are fucking useless.

Kurosawa Fan
02-16-2008, 07:15 PM
They have a pretty nice pitching staff with Snell, Gorzelanny, Morris, and Duke, with Marte and Capps in the pen. They also play in the worst division i baseball. The odds aren't great, but it isn't totally hopeless.

I'll give you Snell and Gorzelanny, but Morris and Duke have proved themselves incapable of even the slightest hint of consistency. Plus, any time one of their players develop, they sell him to the highest bidder. Much like the Marlins, they'll have to hope for the perfect storm of prospects. Unlike the Marlins, it won't happen because they can't get solid vets to play there to help the prospects. They've had 15 straight losing seasons, something no other team can touch right now (the D-Rays are closest with 10), and despite their few prospects I don't see that changing in the next couple seasons.

But in the end it's hard to argue that they're any better or worse than the Royals. They're both pretty useless.

Ashley
02-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't know how they're doing this year, but the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup a few years ago...They won it in 2004, but really haven't done anything since (and never did much before for that matter), and are currently third worst in the league while playing in the NHL's weakest division, so I think they still cound as sucking.

Robby P
02-16-2008, 09:46 PM
If Tampa Bay played in the AL West, they'd probably make the playoffs this year. To compare them to Kansas City and Pittsburgh is a big, big mistake.

Benny Profane
02-16-2008, 10:44 PM
They've had 15 straight losing seasons, something no other team can touch right now (the D-Rays are closest with 10), and despite their few prospects I don't see that changing in the next couple seasons.

Ryan Doumit is the next .400 hitter.

Fezzik
02-17-2008, 12:36 AM
The Heat
The Dolphins
The Marlins

As a native Miamian and a Floridian for almost all of my life, all I can say is *weep.*

In all seriousness, the worst one there is the Marlins, for a very simple reason: The other teams have made strides to get better in the future.

The Marlins, until they get their stadium or get out of town, will always be a slave to Wayne Huizenga. The reason they are always losing money is that they have to RENT Dolphins' Stadium and Wayne gets all the parking and concession money. They need their own stadium if they're going to survive.

As for the Panthers, they're hovering around .500 and slowly getting better. The bigger story surrounding them right now, however, is the fact that Richard Zednik is out of the hospital after his gruesome neck injury and is now back in Florida with his family.

Quite an accomplishment for someone whose carotid artery was very nearly severed (and who lost 5 pints of blood) less than a week ago.

Ashley
02-17-2008, 12:40 AM
As for the Panthers, they're hovering around .500 and slowly getting better. The bigger story surrounding them right now, however, is the fact that Richard Zednik is out of the hospital after his gruesome neck injury and is now back in Florida with his family.

Quite an accomplishment for someone whose carotid artery was very nearly severed (and who lost 5 pints of blood) less than a week ago.
I heard he was out earlier, which is great news. That was terrifying. I still can't believe they made the players finish the game.

rocus
02-18-2008, 02:42 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f0/NewOrleansSaints_1000.png/98px-NewOrleansSaints_1000.png

I love them to death, but 2 playoff victories in 41 years?!:frustrated:

MadMan
02-18-2008, 05:33 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f0/NewOrleansSaints_1000.png/98px-NewOrleansSaints_1000.png

I love them to death, but 2 playoff victories in 41 years?!:frustrated:Hey man take heart. At least your not the Detroit Lions. Oh shit the Texans should be replaced with the Lions on my list. Matt Milon is an inspiration to all who desire a job that you can be absolutely incompetent at and still not get fired.