PDA

View Full Version : True Blood (Season 7)

EvilShoe
07-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Anyone else still watching?

It's horrible, and I can't wait for it to end.

Irish
07-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Oh, Shoe. Shoe shoe shoe.

I can only interpret this thread as a cry for help.

EvilShoe
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Please someone stop me from watching Walking Dead till the end.

Irish
07-07-2014, 09:28 PM
This what happens when young men don't have a job.

EvilShoe
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
In all fairness: I started watching True Blood during my university years.

Irish
07-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Frankly, I blame your parents. Shameful.

Lucky
07-08-2014, 01:02 AM
I watch it as background fodder. I can't believe this show used to be must see television for me. Its blatant disregard for its characters this year is sickly vindicating. It has finally thrown in the towel.

EvilShoe
08-18-2014, 11:13 AM
So it ends next week. Thank God.

Kind of dreading the end of the work day, because I know an episode awaits me.

amberlita
08-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I echo both your thoughts. If this hadn't been the final season, I would have just dumped the show. In fact I skipped a lot of episodes in the past couple seasons because it went from guilty pleasure to boring slog. Not sure I could accurately tell you what happened in the last couple seasons.

I can't wait till it's over. I watch half the episodes on fast forward (anything with Andy's daughter, anything with Lafayette, most things with that redheaded lady).

Henry Gale
08-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Genuinely wanted to catch up with Season 7 before this final season.

Then this season has passed by with... let's just say less than enthusiastic reactions online and from everyone I know.

So now I can't wait to just watch these last couple of eps and say farewell to Bon Temps on semi-good terms!

Lucky
08-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Good riddance, Bon Temps. I swear some of that Sookie/Bill dialogue was lifted straight from the Buffy Prom episode.

Henry Gale
08-25-2014, 05:51 PM
I watched it and I am not sad I missed the eighteen episodes before it! (Nor was I all that lost...) The last time I saw it Bill was Billith and haunted by demonic vamp ghosts (or something) while vaguely threatening everyone on Sookie's porch, and this episode he was right back there knocking on her door asking her to kill him. Kind of a seamless transition, really.

As a series finale it was pretty weirdly lightweight, despite all the sentimentality floating about and the amount of time it spends trying to wrap everything it can with a handful of characters. The similarities between this and Entourage finale are kinda staggering. (Both ending with sudden weddings and a Zeppelin song over the credits, time jumps with epic hug-outs, probably more things.)

Eric grooving to the music in the car with the pile of dead Yakuza dudes in the back and Jason saying "prescription" when he meant "perspective" were the two fleeting moments where I was reminded of the goofy charm it used to have a hold on me with.

Was nice to see Jessica was still as gorgeous as ever though. And hey, Ashley Hinshaw! Hope to see you in a better TV role down the line!

[/series]

EvilShoe
08-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Free at last!!!