PDA

View Full Version : Disney's DuckTales

Lasse
02-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Who else watched this show? I used to love it, I used to tape the episodes and watch them again and again...

Now, 15-20 years later I've acquired all 100 episodes and I'm gonna watch them. Scratch my New Year's resolutions in that off topic thread, this is my new New Year's resolution.

What's your favorite episode? Your favorite characters?

I'm in total nostalgia mode.

Sven
02-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Launchpad and Glumgold are the heart of the show. It is glorious. I have rewatched many of them recently and found them still completely enjoyable. Hope you think so too.

[ETM]
02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I loved the show as a kid and I still love it...

D_Davis
02-13-2008, 11:12 PM
This and Gummi Bears were two of my favorites.

Wryan
02-13-2008, 11:14 PM
I watch all the old theme songs on YouTube for my nostalgia trips. This, Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale (Rescue Rangers), all of em.

I myself need only a giant vault of gold coins in which to swim around to achieve nirvana.

Acapelli
02-13-2008, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dFf-BhUzk

Ezee E
02-13-2008, 11:30 PM
I beat the videogame.

[ETM]
02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
I myself need only a giant vault of gold coins in which to swim around to achieve nirvana.

Only Scrooge can swim in those, however... that's a bummer.

lovejuice
02-14-2008, 12:21 AM
i haven't watched much of the show, but i love the movies. (there are two of them, right?)

Wryan
02-14-2008, 12:22 AM
;35453']Only Scrooge can swim in those, however... that's a bummer.

So I'll wear a Scrooge costume. Don't deny me my dreams.

Sycophant
02-14-2008, 12:22 AM
i haven't watched much of the show, but i love the movies. (there are two of them, right?)Just one theatrical feature, but there were a few feature-length season premieres that originally aired combined and were later split up. Video releases in different parts of the world probably put them all back together for a unified running time.

Mysterious Dude
02-14-2008, 12:23 AM

Wow.

lovejuice
02-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Just one theatrical feature, but there were a few feature-length season premieres that originally aired combined and were later split up. Video releases in different parts of the world probably put them all back together for a unified running time.

i see. i love both of them. the theatrical is the one with the genie and the magic lamp, right? speaking of which, i'm reminded of how much disney's aladdin actually has actually taken after that plot-line.

Ezee E
02-14-2008, 01:36 AM
i see. i love both of them. the theatrical is the one with the genie and the magic lamp, right? speaking of which, i'm reminded of how much disney's aladdin actually has actually taken after that plot-line.
I loved that movie. There needs to be more movies with obstacle courses, and they can't be called Resident Evil. More like The Last Crusade.

Kurosawa Fan
02-14-2008, 03:39 AM
How has Wats not posted in here yet? In fact, how did this thread get made by anyone but Wats?

Sycophant
02-14-2008, 04:20 AM
You know, looking back, DuckTales really was something amazing, with a quality of writing (and animation!) that just isn't found in many kids' shows. In fact, as the years go by, I get more and more ready to consider the possibility that maybe it's superior to my beloved Darkwing Duck.

Wryan
02-14-2008, 04:57 AM
You know, looking back, DuckTales really was something amazing, with a quality of writing (and animation!) that just isn't found in many kids' shows. In fact, as the years go by, I get more and more ready to consider the possibility that maybe it's superior to my beloved Darkwing Duck.

It's a close race. DD has that breakfast gauntlet that makes me pee my pants just thinking about it, especially in that one episode where his daughter does it better than him with all those shortcuts.

MadMan
02-14-2008, 05:09 AM
I love that show. I have found memories of watching it along with the other early 90s cartoons I watched as a kid. Good times. Simple times. I hate growing old.

D_Davis
02-14-2008, 05:15 AM
I still think that Gummi Bears is the best written American kids cartoon that's not Loony Tunes.

Lasse
02-14-2008, 10:55 AM

I'm... terrified.

I beat the videogame.

I hate you. My copy always errored at one point before I beat it. :evil:

Just one theatrical feature, but there were a few feature-length season premieres that originally aired combined and were later split up. Video releases in different parts of the world probably put them all back together for a unified running time.

Yup, there's DuckTales The Movie (1990) and then there's the first five episodes of the show that was released on a video tape as one long feature, at least it was here in Denmark. I remember I had it.

How has Wats not posted in here yet? In fact, how did this thread get made by anyone but Wats?

I don't know. I searched for a DuckTales discussion and I was surprised to see we didn't have one.

Damn right. If I ever get through the DuckTales episodes, then Darkwing Duck is next. I remember loving that one as well, but not much else.

I still think that Gummi Bears is the best written American kids cartoon that's not Loony Tunes.

I may give Gummy Bears a shot after I get through DuckTales and Darkwing Duck. I don't remember much of that show.

Lasse
02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I've watched the first two episodes and they were glorious. I may have to quit my job so I can watch this cartoon full-time.

More later.

D_Davis
02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I may have to quit my job so I can watch this cartoon full-time.

Sounds like a good idea.

D_Davis
02-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Alright Lasse, you've encouraged me to take my own nostalgia trip.

I am downloading 65 episodes of The Real Ghostbusters, another one of my favorites.

I am going to watch a bunch this weekend.

I really liked this show as a kid, and was always shocked by how dark it was. There is actually an episode in the pack I am getting called The Collect Call of Cthulhu. That's crazy! Ghostbusters was probably my first introduction to Cthulhu, now that I think about it.

Sven
02-15-2008, 02:09 AM
I am downloading 65 episodes of The Real Ghostbusters, another one of my favorites.

Despite watching this one on a regular basis, I only remember one episode well, where they are playing a game show in Hell. It was totally bizarre.

Eleven
02-15-2008, 02:32 AM

Every day for at least a year of my childhood had to begin with this.

I went back and watched a few not too long ago, still good and yes, surprisingly creepy and dark. The Boogeyman gave me nightmares anew.

Watashi
03-03-2008, 06:14 AM
How did I just see this thread now?

Stay Puft
03-03-2008, 08:35 AM

Yeah, it was called The Treasure of the Lost Lamp. I watched this movie again a couple months ago. It's still awesome.

Incidentally, a friend and I were talking about the similarities between this and Aladdin. That same night, after having watched the movie, I went to a friend's wedding party. According to friends, I got completely drunk off my ass and started telling people that Aladdin was just a stupid rip off of the Duck Tales movie and I hated it and Duck Tales ruled for life, etc.

Lasse
03-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I've now watched something like 10 or 12 episodes. I can't believe how well this show is holding up. Such quality writing, so many details and so much charm.

Plus, every episode has made me laugh out loud at least once or twice.

Wonderful! :pritch:

EDIT: Oh, and I should be tired of it by now, but I still watch the entire intro every times. Love that song.

Sycophant
03-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Dude, there are times where I watch just the intro. And occasionally burst into singing the theme song during the course of my day. It's awesome.

I long for the days of that kind quality of hand-drawn animation on television.