PDA

View Full Version : Mix Tapes

quido8_5
04-30-2014, 10:15 PM
All right, I recognize the anachronistic description, but I think most of us are of the age where we can remember (if not listening to the radio, waiting for the perfect cue to record Lithium) a time when mixes were a meaningful exchange of ideas through music. Given the advent of technology, mixes have taken on a kind-of cloyingly cute place in society- rendering tweets rather than substance.

I say, "fuck that." I'm starting this thread more out of desperation than anything else: I think so many folks on Match Cut can create a mix that actually means something and I want to hear them. It's a selfish endeavor made no less selfish by the fact that I'm starting off with a mix I made. Take it with a grain of salt, it was made for an audience (sadly) and panders a bit. Still, I'll stand by it. Criticisms welcome. One thing I will say: Davis, Boner, Idioteque... you need to post a mix.

Here's mine: http://open.spotify.com/user/its_smurph_time/playlist/7oJzfEaFUpAXAmTcH3Jkrf

If the link doesn't work, please let me know so that I minimize the amount to which I look like a horse's ass.

D_Davis
04-30-2014, 11:01 PM
I love making mix tapes. :)

I'm not a deejay or anything (Qrazy makes cool deejay mixes), but I can make a cool mix tape. I'll put something together on put it on soundclous.

I can't listen to yours because I don't do Spotify. :(

I'm one of those weirdos who still purchases music.

quido8_5
05-01-2014, 01:59 AM
I'm excited to see it! Also, if Qrazy wants to throw down then that is more than welcome. It's sad that you haven't given Spotify a spin, though, because it's a useful platform. I still buy music (I need to buy more, but I don't make enough to buy more) and that's a little bit behind the spirit of this thread. If you wanna' create a playlist and upload it to Vimeo or whatever, I am down to chase whatever rabbit hole is necessary. I'm ready to hear some good music and if that means Soundcloud or posting playlists or good-old-fashioned CD's- I'm down.

MadMan
05-04-2014, 07:45 PM
I enjoy creating mix CDs all the time from my ever growing collection.

Thirdmango
05-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Yeah I too consistently make mixes and try to make sure they meld in and out of each song really well. My most popular one was I made a "Hobo Mix" at one point that a lot of people burned for each other.