PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day (Ivan Reitman)

eternity
04-24-2014, 08:39 PM
imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2223990/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BluB8LaCEAA7kAZ.jpg

eternity
04-24-2014, 08:40 PM
This movie takes itself WAYYYYYYYYY too seriously.

Mal
04-25-2014, 04:00 AM
This is like a movie about the NFL made by mormons.

Ezee E
04-25-2014, 04:53 AM
Please spoil the ending for me.

Watashi
04-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Please spoil the ending for me.

Cleveland has the #7 pick. They trade it to Seattle for the #1 overall pick for Cleveland's next 3 first round picks. Everyone now thinks Cleveland will take the top QB and sure #1 overall. The GM (Costner) thinks the QB will be a bust and has character issues and ends using the #1 overall pick on a defensive player they could have taken with their original pick. After they pass on the QB, a bunch of other teams also pass on him thinking Cleveland knows something they don't. Cleveland then trade for the #6 pick (which is Houston) by giving them their next 3 2nd round picks. They then take the #6 pick and trade it to Seattle (who really wants the QB) for the #7 and their first round picks back. They take the best RB in the draft with the #7 overall pick.

The movie is very generic and made-for-TVish. It's pretty much a 90 minute lovefest to ESPN.

Stay Puft
04-28-2014, 04:18 AM
The movie is very generic and made-for-TVish.

Yeah, but at the same time it also has a lot of slick editing and split-screen effects which stick out in contrast to its rote and obvious dramatic developments. It's a weird movie. There were a couple scenes that were almost straight out of The Wachowski Starship's playbook for Speed Racer.

I enjoyed it a lot more than No Strings Attached (that one was fucking terrible) but yeah, it's still a well-produced and confident piece of lazy, unimaginative entertainment.

DSNT
09-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Pretty much the only part I liked was the clever split screen effects. Everything else was abysmal and completely unrealistic. All of the trades in the movie would either never happen or would get the GM fired.

The most unrealistic thing: Goodell not getting booed at the draft.

Kurosawa Fan
09-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Pretty much the only part I liked was the clever split screen effects. Everything else was abysmal and completely unrealistic. All of the trades in the movie would either never happen or would get the GM fired.

The most unrealistic thing: Goodell not getting booed at the draft.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, although even the split screen got annoying after awhile. Family drama was pathetic and poorly conceived. The trades were so ridiculous and illogical they made me laugh. Why would Seattle be so desperate to draft a QB they could have had but didn't even want a few hours before that they would give all the picks back, plus a special team wizard? This was just plain baaaaad.

Dukefrukem
09-09-2014, 11:39 AM
I yayed this because it was about sports and I was actually glued to the screen. But I cant disagree with anything you guys said.