PDA

View Full Version : 300: Rise of an Empire (Noam Murro)

TGM
03-07-2014, 03:11 AM
300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE

Director: Noam Murro

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253863/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

http://www.chud.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/300-rise-of-an-empire-eva-green-2.jpg

TGM
03-07-2014, 03:17 AM
As expected, a cheap imitation of the first, with no actual understanding of what made that movie good, fun, and enjoyable in the first place. The action scenes confuse Snyder's signature style from the first for mere slow motion, and relies far too heavily on spraying obnoxious and terrible looking cgi blood at the screen at any given opportunity. Not to mention that there's not a single memorable line to be heard this time around. Eva Green's character was pretty cool, but outside of her, this one's pretty much completely pointless. Meh.

Lazlo
03-07-2014, 03:38 PM
I'll echo everything TGM had to say. There is some stunning imagery and some cool looking shots, but gosh, it's just soulless and boring.

I was convinced to see this by the extended IMAX trailer that played before RoboCop a few weeks back and it turns out that was all I really needed to see.

Sxottlan
03-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Variations on a previously stated theme. Real unnecessary and redundant, especially as much of it takes place at the same time as the first film. It's an interesting approach, but feels like they trying to cram darn little content in between the gaps of the first film. Comes across like fan fiction as a result.

Sullivan Stapleton just doesn't have the swagger of Gerard Butler and is a total blank. I was hoping during his comical hate fuck that he'd reveal that girls don't interest him, but that didn't happen.

Mild nay. When there's actual fighting, it's diverting and pretty to look at. If you have a movie about ancient naval combat, chances are I'm gonna like it. Production design is good.

Lazlo
03-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Sullivan Stapleton just doesn't have the swagger of Gerard Butler and is a total blank. I was hoping during his comical hate fuck that he'd reveal that girls don't interest him, but that didn't happen.

Mild nay. When there's actual fighting, it's diverting and pretty to look at. If you have a movie about ancient naval combat, chances are I'm gonna like it. Production design is good.

Yeah, Stapleton was no good. Makes me cringe that he and the guy that played his friend's son are rumored to be cast in the new Star Wars and other high profile movies coming up. They must knock auditions out of the park because I'd be reluctant to show this movie to casting directors.

You're right, though. Production design and costumes are strong. Movie is garbage.

Spinal
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
completely pointless

soulless and boring

Real unnecessary and redundant

Movie is garbage

Bwhahahah

Dukefrukem
07-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Worst movie of the year so far.

megladon8
07-07-2014, 01:06 AM
I haven't seen the movie, but Eva Green has great boobies!

Dukefrukem
07-07-2014, 01:25 AM
I haven't seen the movie, but Eva Green has great boobies!

Yeh, she does look great in that scene. Her character isn't as convincing as her purpose. The movie is really pointless; a poor excuse to produce something with the 300 name to make a quick buck.

Rowland
09-05-2014, 08:42 AM
First yay? This features the year's best sex scene, the best gonzo Eva Green performance, and the best fat man comically erupting into a fireball. The action is good too once you get over how fake the digital bloodletting looks.