PDA

View Full Version : Non-Stop (Jaume Collet-Serra)

TGM
02-28-2014, 05:44 PM
NON-STOP

Director: Jaume Collet-Serra

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2024469/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

http://www.chicagonow.com/sarah-takes-on-movies/files/2014/02/non_stop_poster-620x356.jpg

TGM
02-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Classic Neesons. :cool:

eternity
03-12-2014, 06:21 AM
It's like Snakes on a Plane, except the snakes are replaced with NOTHING.

Stay Puft
03-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Meh. Starts out well enough... I like the mood, the way the film slowly brings the viewer into the story by drip feeding info... but by the time the plot is in full swing it just starts getting dumber, and dumber, and dumber, and then there's a really dumb child in peril scene that's like the dumb cherry on top of everything else that's now just stupendously dumb.

Dukefrukem
06-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Meh. Starts out well enough... I like the mood, the way the film slowly brings the viewer into the story by drip feeding info... but by the time the plot is in full swing it just starts getting dumber, and dumber, and dumber, and then there's a really dumb child in peril scene that's like the dumb cherry on top of everything else that's now just stupendously dumb.

I agree with this, but it's still entertaining enough to win me over. I don't care about the dumb stuff. The entire plot reveal is wicked freaking dumb and there's so many questions that need to be answered that aren't.... but it's the Neesons kicking ass (again) and it's on par with a fun Taken-like and Unknown-like experience.

I saw a trailer for the Neesons new movie and it looks to be best yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Ttj9tXzCA

Sxottlan
06-01-2014, 04:57 AM
I liked this. I think Neeson has had a nice second career doing B-movies about world weary men whose lives are turned upside down. Taken, Unknown. In The Grey, he gave such an incredible performance unjustly ignored by the academy. I truly believe he was channeling his grief over the passing of his wife into the role. We're hearing him talk to her in that movie and it's haunting.

I do agree that Non-Stop got a little silly towards the end, but it was gripping and I was glad I couldn't peg what was going on until it was revealed. I also like how the anger of the Neeson character was turned against him.

I'm looking forward to A Walk Among the Tombstones. I hope it's more memorable than Frank's The Lookout.

Dukefrukem
06-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Anyone else think:

It was his own conscious he was battling with to take over the plane? Until he showed someone else on the plane the phone and texts I was sticking with that theory.

Morris Schæffer
06-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Solid movie, but sometimes I wish villains would perpetrate shit because they can, because they're sheer evil.

Dukefrukem
06-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Liam Neeson is 62 today and he continues to look great as an action star.

In comparison, Bruce Willis is 59.

Ezee E
08-10-2014, 11:44 PM
The worst of the Neesons flicks because it gets absolutely boring after the first death.

Although the decision of the pilot to take the plane to 8000 feet out of nowhere is near hysterical.

Dukefrukem
08-11-2014, 12:45 PM
The worst of the Neesons flicks because it gets absolutely boring after the first death.

Although the decision of the pilot to take the plane to 8000 feet out of nowhere is near hysterical.

Unknown is much worse.

TGM
08-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Unknown is much worse.
Agreed.

Grouchy
08-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Yeah, this was bad. Interesting first half, completely nonsensical second half. But Neeson is always great to watch in this type of role.

Anyone else think there was way too much justification of police brutality in the script?

Spinal
07-31-2015, 06:24 PM
I don't really know how to vote on this one, because it's unquestionably, relentlessly stupid. And yet, I was engaged and invested throughout, which is a testament Neeson and Moore. After watching it, I read back through the plot summary on Wikipedia and marveled that they were able to make something remotely watchable out of it.

Dukefrukem
07-31-2015, 07:10 PM
It seems like you answered your own question. Who cares how stupid it is... Were you engaged? "Yes". And did you have fun? "Yes". Boom. "Yay" it.