PDA

View Full Version : Winter's Tale (Akiva Goldsman)

TGM
02-15-2014, 05:44 PM
WINTER'S TALE

Director: Akiva Goldsman

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837709/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/winters-tale-movie-trailer-570x294.jpg

Ezee E
02-15-2014, 06:31 PM
#iamnotsorry for anyone that willfully sees this and hates it.

TGM
02-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Sure, it was pretty silly, but I still enjoyed it.

Mal
02-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Just no.

Henry Gale
02-24-2014, 03:06 AM
Kind of eager to see this because of everything I've heard. It can't be not boring. Also it's the next How Did This Get Made episode, and I feel like Mantzoukas will just be completely blown away and June will kinda love it.

Poor Akiva Goldsman though, as awful as it is to assume it's terrible for these reasons, I've heard this film came right after the passing of his wife and he decided to produce, write and direct it as a tribute to her, and for those reasons I feel like he was understandably in a place where he wasn't able to be critical of himself or anything regarding the project in any way, and because of those circumstances it seems like no one else had the heart to say "no" to him at any point in the making of this.

Maybe pure artistic expression and freedom to do so within the Hollywood system, even with the least ideal outcome and reception? I mean, what I've heard of Findlay's death scene, and of course, Will Smith as Lucifer? Hoo boy.

Mal
02-25-2014, 04:23 AM
Henry, it defines 'Next Level Bonkers' and I KNOW June will have some very deep thoughts. Really glad I saw it because the podcast has to be good, but the movie... ugh its crap.

eternity
02-26-2014, 01:55 AM
June isn't on the podcast. I'm DEVASTATED.

Henry Gale
02-26-2014, 03:04 AM
Sigh, saaame. When it was posted late last night I knew I was only going to be able to listen to the first bit of it, but when they said she couldn't participate I let out a "Nnooooooo" more audible than I'd like to admit.

I would've waited an extra week with no episode in its place if it meant her having being able to do it.

wigwam
03-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Really wanted to hear June's thoughts on this too.

Ivan Drago
03-22-2015, 05:54 PM
This movie is everything I thought it would be.