PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Hollow (Season 1)

EyesWideOpen
10-02-2013, 12:03 AM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc261/gothamcentral79/SLEEPY-HOLLOW-TV-Series-600x425_zpsb68c1fa7.jpg (http://s213.photobucket.com/user/gothamcentral79/media/SLEEPY-HOLLOW-TV-Series-600x425_zpsb68c1fa7.jpg.html)

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this. I thought the first episode was a good start but the last two have been really great. The two leads are fantastic and have great chemistry. Also quite good character designs especially in episode 2 and 3. My only real negative would be the supporting cast hasn't really been given much to do. They announced John Noble is joining the cast and I'm super excited for that. He was robbed with no emmy nominations for his role on Fringe.

[ETM]
10-02-2013, 09:09 PM
I quit at about the half hour mark in episode 3... I really like the two leads, and it's shot well, but it reached a level of stupid I can't stand anymore.

Mara
10-03-2013, 02:28 PM
;496266']I quit at about the half hour mark in episode 3... I really like the two leads, and it's shot well, but it reached a level of stupid I can't stand anymore.

Good to know. I was trying to decide if I should bother catching up.

EyesWideOpen
10-03-2013, 11:17 PM
This show will end up like Fringe. A show I enjoy from the beginning and talk up and everyone laughs at me and then 3 seasons in everyone will join the bandwagon.

Irish
10-04-2013, 06:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/o8SGLcD.jpg

This dude was nicely creepy. The show has some good production design here and there. The monsters have been interesting the last two weeks.

;496266']I quit at about the half hour mark in episode 3... I really like the two leads, and it's shot well, but it reached a level of stupid I can't stand anymore.

:lol: I know exactly what you mean. I feel odd tuning into this show because it's totally brainless. The two leads make it work for me, though. Without them, I wouldn't bother.

Raiders
10-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Last night's episode was so odd. There just isn't anything on TV as mindlessly entertaining and charming as this show. Even when I am just kind of scratching my head, I appreciate that I really can't pin down what is going to happen next. When Crane stumbled upon the still existing lost colony of Roanoke by discovering some secret pathway across the water into a dense little island of trees, and where apparently the denizens have been living in some kind of limbo for 400 years with no explanation of their daily activities, I realized I could not stop watching.

Irish
10-15-2013, 08:28 PM
When Crane stumbled upon the still existing lost colony of Roanoke by discovering some secret pathway across the water into a dense little island of trees, and where apparently the denizens have been living in some kind of limbo for 400 years with no explanation of their daily activities, I realized I could not stop watching.

:lol: I loved that. It was just so random. Also: The village elder who tells them exactly what they need to do (when, how, exactly, does he know?). And how their solution at the end makes no goddamn sense whatsoever, but it doesn't really matter.

I was oddly disappointed to learn the show isn't coming back until November because of baseball. So last night will have to tide us over for a bit.

PS: Follow @sleepywriters on twitter. It's the writing staff & a lot of fun.

EyesWideOpen
10-19-2014, 01:42 AM
This show will end up like Fringe. A show I enjoy from the beginning and talk up and everyone laughs at me and then 3 seasons in everyone will join the bandwagon.

I didn't even make it through season one before I dropped this. What a ridiculous post.