PDA

View Full Version : B-Movies Revisited!!!

Kurosawa Fan
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM
In honor of one of the best B-movies any of us had seen, I'm resurrecting this thread. For those who don't know, I had a thread at the old site where people gave me suggestions of terrible (but hilarious) B-movies to watch. My friends and I get together for a night of drinking and bad movies, and we hadn't been able to get together in a while but that all changed last night.

We were inspired by the clips of Samurai Cop that were posted here last week, and that was the first of two films we watched. Sweet Jesus was that glorious. It's definitely among the best we've seen. It was so good it inspired us to make time to get together more often. That sword fight at the end was a thing of beauty, as was Frank, Samurai's partner. I'm convinced he was the inspiration for Dean Lerner from Garth Merenghi.

There were too many memorable scenes to count, but there were two things that had us rolling from start to finish. The first were the sets. That hospital where the burn victim was kept was too funny for words. The reception desk was basically a school teachers desk with a cork bulletin board behind it. And there was a dental office next to the room where the burn victim was being held. The police station was just as funny.

The second was the wig. Our hero, Samurai, had a long surfer hairdo. Apparently 25% of the film was done later in reshoots, after our "hero" had cut his hair. They solved this problem by buying what is obviously a womans wig for him to wear. They did nothing to solve this. It was complete with curls and bangs. The transitions, often happening within the same scene, were comedy gold. At one point during a particularly exciting fight, it falls off for a few seconds. We kept rewinding it and playing it in slow motion. My stomach hurt when this film was over.

The second film was unfortunately a pretty big disappointment, and I'm sure Davis will be let down by this one. We watched Feeders after Samurai Cop, and while it had it's moments, it was far too dull. There were too many stretches where nothing was happening. When the two friends hole up in an abandoned house after the alien invasion, they literally search the house for 15 minutes, and during that 15 minutes they do nothing more than look around. I almost started nodding off. It still had some highlights. We had fun watching the twins switch places. You could tell by the tube socks. One second they'd be white, the next they'd have large blue stripes at the top. And Donna, Ranger Rick's foxy daughter... what a performance. How she hasn't landed more roles is beyond me. I'm still puzzled as to what happened to her friend after killing two aliens. We kept waiting for her to factor into the film at some point, but she never shows up again.

Oh, and the hole in the roof, which seems to have been done with MS Paint, was one of the most memorable special (and by special, I mean short bus) effects I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Still, in the end it was a disappointment. We decided to send it back without watching Feeders 2, which was on the same disc. Still, it was a fantastic night.

So, I still have a large list of recommendations, but I'm looking for something akin to Samurai Cop. The two best films we've seen have been cheesy action films. That seems to gel the best with us. The horror films (Troll 2 and Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 aside) seem to usually disappoint. Does anyone have any more suggestions?

Russ
02-02-2008, 04:14 PM
So glad you liked Samurai Cop! That wig is hilarious.

Be sure and try The Thing With Two Heads (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWHNA_j7h5A)

As a matter of fact, why not double your fun?

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6582/twoheadedns9.jpg

There are some other really bad action howlers that I'm trying to recall...will post them when I think of the titles.

MadMan
02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
I love B-movies and cult films. They're simply a special brand of cinema that must be seen by all. If anything to give you an appreciation for better, more well made cinema :lol:

Teecee
02-27-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm not an expert, but I have to put a good word in for "3 Mighty Men", AKA "Turkish Spider-Man". It's almsot beyond words.

D_Davis
02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Feeders, a disappointment?

Outrageous!

:lol:

Just wait until the day Saurians is released on DVD.

You just don't have any idea how bad a movie can get...none.

Derek
02-27-2008, 07:23 PM
I agree with KF that there are simply too many hilarious scenes and goofs to keep track off in Samurai Cop. Anyone looking for hilariously bad movie, look no farther because this one manages to fail epically in every facet of filmmaking and succeed on every level one could hope for in a bad movie. I'd even give it a small edge over Troll 2 for more consistently delivering the goods...though unfortunately those goods do include an uncomfortably revolting sex scene with Robert Z'Dar. :) But really, this film has it all:

Bad hair: Check
Bad tan: Check
Bad 8-bit score: Check
Wooden delivery: Check
Hilariously bad choreography: Check
Robert Z'Dar's weird giant chin and enormous head confounding me every time it appears on-screen: Check
Every woman in the film getting naked even though one is the wife of a cop who's being assassinated at home so we'll have the goons rip her shirt off for no reason before killing her because why have a woman in the film if she's not showing her breasts: Check
Offensive, inappropriate and unnecessary remarks about the black cop not needing to worry about getting his ass fried by the Lieutenant because it's already black and the comment being so awesome that it merits a high-five because it comes from Joe Marshall, Samurai Cop: Check
Offensive, inappropriate and unnecessary remarks and obsession with the size of the black cop's genitalia: Check
A truly classic bad movie that must be seen to be believed: Check

rocus
02-27-2008, 08:05 PM
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6582/twoheadedns9.jpg

I actually met Rosey Grier. I didn't have a lot of time to talk to him, and we mostly discussed football. I regret not bringing up this movie.

D_Davis
03-01-2008, 09:22 PM
RIP John Polonia

One of the indie greats has passed.

Today we will be watching Splatter Farm and Splatter Beach in remembrance.

http://d2dvd.blogspot.com/2008/02/john-polonia.html

I have just been informed via email from John Oak Dalton that John Polonia (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0689788/), one half of the indie filmmaking duo The Polonia Bros. has died due to an aneurysm. He was 39.

John and his twin brother Mark are guys that have helped define the indie filmmaking movement for the past 20 or so years. They were genre movie fans who didn't let the fact that they lived no where near Hollywood deter them from making movies and getting them distributed around the world. John isn't a household name, but I bet one or two of his movies have crossed your eye at the local video store.

Here's John Oak Dalton's tribute to the man he collaborated with:

For those of you who didn't hear the sad news, John Polonia died suddenly in his home this morning of a heart aneurysm. He was 39 and leaves a wife and young son.

John was an incredibly funny person who enjoyed home and family life and could talk movies with a great fervor. He turned this love of movies into a memorable filmmaking career.

John was a good friend to me and a lot of other filmmakers. He was a great lover of cinema and had a vast collection of movies stored on the shelves of his home and in his brain. He had a dream to make movies and lived that dream every single day since his teenage years. I spoke with him a few weeks ago about a new project I would rewrite over one of his scripts and he was as excited about these upcoming prospects as he was about every project.

I think we are too close to the Polonia Brothers' legacy for it to be properly measured. They first got distribution as teenagers and are noted for having one of the first shot on SVHS features to be accepted at Blockbuster. They produced and directed more than 30 features in 20-some years that were distributed direct to video. They were incredibly prolific and successful together and embraced a large fan base while being courteous to foes. Their role in the rise of VHS rentals, the mom and pop stores, the SOV era, and then the direct-to-video DVD boom, will have to be noted much farther down the timeline to see what they have really meant as people and professionals.

I can say in total honesty I have never met anyone like John. When I first saw "Blood Red Planet" I knew the Brothers were special as very unique filmmakers and I later came to learn they were incredible individuals as well. I hope you will join me in keeping his family in your thoughts during this time, and keeping his memorable legacy at the forefront in the future.

John Oak Dalton

Kurosawa Fan
03-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Wow. Much too young. R.I.P.

D_Davis
03-02-2008, 05:55 PM
http://www.microcinemascene.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/john-polonia-in-memory.jpg

Here is an awesome tribute to Mr. Polonia, written by an internet-friend of mine who happened to be real-life-friends with John Polonia.

http://cinemaslave.wordpress.com/

Boner M
03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Holy moley, you guys weren't kidding about Samurai Cop. Probably even more consistently enjoyable than Troll 2, which is great/awful but can be enjoyed equally in youtube montage form. The set pieces I'd already seen were perfectly hilarious/terrible (bacon grease torture, horny nurse, the car chases, etc) but there's so so many subtle ineptitudes that just push it over the edge. Like the abundance of softcore nudity and sex scenes AND the presence of a post-coital L-shaped sheets scene. Or Frank laughing maniacally after meeting his opponents at a restaurant. Or Frank's joke about climbing under a gate while his partner climbs over - because he's an undercover cop - despite them both being undercover.

Seriously, this is like the so-bad-it's-good inverse of what distinguishes much European art cinema. Like Tati, every frame is loaded with information and layers, only here it's because there's a filmmaking ineptitude everywhere you move your eye. Like Bergman, the faces of the actors become amphitheaters, only with hilariously stilted gestures and woodenness. Like Godard, the line between actors and characters becomes increasingly blurred, but only because the script just can't contain living, breathing human beings - Frank's aforementioned bout of inexplicable maniacal laughter can only be read as a gesture of defiance from actor Mark Frazer against his stifling token black guy role.

This film is a thing of beauty.

MadMan
03-31-2008, 04:51 PM
All of these were seen last Friday night thanks to TCM, as they actually show cult and b-movies on Friday nights as part of their "Underground" series. I was actually amused at how Robert Osbourne has described b-movies in the past with the same amount of enthusiasm for far better cinema. Either they pay him pretty well or he actually enjoys some of these movies. I hope its the latter.

Spider Baby clearly influenced films such as the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Rob Zombie's first two films. The flick is decently creepy in many ways, although it does drag a bit and the budget limits are pretty evident. Still I was fairly entertained, and I really am looking forward to viewing even more of Jack Hill's films. I give this a fairly solid 75, and I have to say that the daughters in this film were fairly freaky and deranged in a The Shining twin girls sort of way.

On the other hand though It Came From Beneath the Sea was disappointing by monster movie standards. The octopus didn't even really look all that great or cool in a cheesy way, and the love triangle between the three leads was painfully weak. I have to say this was pretty damn lame for the most part, although the creature's attack on San Francisco was the main highlight. 41

Due to the lateness of both showings I only caught the first satan flick, The Blood On Satan's Claw(1970). I was surprised to discover that the description for it doesn't even do the film justice. Although this is not a great film by an means there was some really interesting themes raise and even slightly discussed, although the film could have done a better job of exploring them. The atmosphere is extremely thick and very creepy, and the film really dives into the concept of cults while also noting how authoritarian in nature 17th century America truly was. In the end the satanic child devil worshipers aren't really defeated by God so much as a judge going to the extremes and using logic and reason to combat a rather strange and twisted enemy. In the hands of a better director this film could have become a classic, but instead its a notable cult film that does some things really well while retaining too much camp and cheese. 73

I got roughly 35 minutes into The Brotherhood of Satan and then I fell asleep. But what I saw was pretty cheesy and not really all that interesting.

Russ
04-07-2008, 03:04 AM
The Killing Zone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTaSR6ocSLo&eurl=http://z9.invisionfree.com/RT_CD_Refugees/index.php?showtopic=182&st=255&)

:eek:

:lol:

SirNewt
04-07-2008, 04:08 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HKB0CFXTL._SS500_.jpg

an absolute must

All of these were seen last Friday night thanks to TCM, as they actually show cult and b-movies on Friday nights as part of their "Underground" series. I was actually amused at how Robert Osbourne has described b-movies in the past with the same amount of enthusiasm for far better cinema. Either they pay him pretty well or he actually enjoys some of these movies. I hope its the latter.

I can see this. When you've seen so many movies, I think you begin to really just love cinema in any form. Also, you can see things amateurs are doing that are actually better or more interesting than what the pros are doing. Even in a horrid film you can sometimes find interesting camera moves or techniques. Besides, I'd rather watch someone who sucks but has a lot of passion throwing all they have into a stupid little movie than someone's pretentious attempt to make the next film base on, "a compelling true story."

Qrazy
04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I feel like the term B-movie ought to actually be F-movie.

MadMan
04-08-2008, 02:25 AM
I can see this. When you've seen so many movies, I think you begin to really just love cinema in any form. Also, you can see things amateurs are doing that are actually better or more interesting than what the pros are doing. Even in a horrid film you can sometimes find interesting camera moves or techniques. Besides, I'd rather watch someone who sucks but has a lot of passion throwing all they have into a stupid little movie than someone's pretentious attempt to make the next film base on, "a compelling true story."I fully agree with this, and I must note that many directors who made B-films went on to bigger and better things. Ed Wood Jr. may have not had the talent or the funding to make great films but I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy Plan 9 From Outer Space.

I feel like the term B-movie ought to actually be F-movie.Clearly your in the wrong thread :P

Qrazy
04-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Clearly your in the wrong thread :P

Nah, I laughed my fair share at the Samurai Cop and Troll 2 bits, but when critics rate things these films certainly aren't in the B-range. I know the term has history and it's own connotations at this point but still, F movie.

MadMan
04-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Nah, I laughed my fair share at the Samurai Cop and Troll 2 bits, but when critics rate things these films certainly aren't in the B-range. I know the term has history and it's own connotations at this point but still, F movie.Oh. Touche then and point taken. Although of course B-movie means much different things nowadays then it did back then, although in the old days B-movie still meant less quality as well.

SirNewt
04-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh. Touche then and point taken. Although of course B-movie means much different things nowadays then it did back then, although in the old days B-movie still meant less quality as well.

If you guys like Film Noir (and who doesn't) you should check out a B flick called, 'The Narrow Margin', with Charles McGraw.

KK2.0
04-09-2008, 03:10 AM
I remember enjoying HIGHWAY TO HELL, dunno how good or bad it holds now.

http://www.toastedpixel.com/comic/secretsanta/highwaytohell.jpg

KK2.0
04-09-2008, 03:25 AM
I feel like the term B-movie ought to actually be F-movie.

Agreed but the line between b-flicks and trash were always blurry, maybe the "indie-movie" term became popular to help distinguish them.

dreamdead
04-12-2008, 04:53 AM
Well, Samurai Cop was delightfully painful. Sets and continuity are often at odds, and it appears that the film lacks even the most basic understanding of proper editing. Like the others before me, I am utterly bewildered at the film's almost insistent abuse of softcore sex scenes when they serve no function at all. And the lack of commitment Joe has in his relationship with the female cop is completely bizarre. Is it degenerative to suggest that this film is almost an equal opportunity assaulter in that every race and sex comes off insulted? Is that a compliment? Further, one wishes this level of ineptitude was self-aware on some level, since it's nearly hyperaware in its inanity. But alas, it stops precariously short, which means that the whole thing merely ends up being ass. Entertaining ass, but ass all the same.

Russ
11-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Someone please check this one out and get back to us asap.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8350/rugcopzn0.jpg

Sycophant
11-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Someone please check this one out and get back to us asap.HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

More Minoru Kawasaki! Both this and Executive Koala (which I have been dying to see for YEARS) ar ecoming out tomorrow. OMFG!

Will order as soon as I get home.

The Mike
11-18-2008, 12:16 AM
This thread needs Lady Terminator....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GZW9P2WSL._SS500_.jpg

Dukefrukem
11-18-2008, 02:45 AM
http://hollywoodgothique.com/myPictures/undead.jpg

monolith94
11-18-2008, 02:55 AM
Oh man, these Minoru Kawasaki trailers are making me laugh like the aliens from Galaxy Quest…

Sycophant
12-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Someone please check this one out and get back to us asap.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8350/rugcopzn0.jpg

Not that good. A couple of good cheap jokes (and I'm sure I'd like it just a bit more if I was more familiar with seventies Japanese cop shows), but pretty disappointing. Relatively lifeless for most of the movie. The Calamari Wrestler was better.

Hopefully Executive Koala is better. I'll watch it later this week.

Beau
12-01-2008, 03:53 AM
Samurai Cop looks worthy of my time. Has anybody seen In the Dust of the Stars? I wrote this (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showpost.php?p=14050198&postcount=1705) about it over at Rotten Tomatoes. It's an old East-German DEFA Studios attempt to one-up 2001: A Space Odyssey. Eolomea, another DEFA Studios movie, tried to do the same, except they blatantly ripped-off the stargate sequence. In the Dust of the Stars is funnier and more... unique. There is a naked silhouetted dance in it that surely qualifies as one of the most deliciously random events in cinema history.

Beau
12-01-2008, 03:58 AM
I must note, though, that I don't know if either of those two films really count as b-movies. They do have some of that 'so bad it's good' flavor to them, however. Especially In the Dust.

KK2.0
12-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh boy, that line from Killing Zone is hilarious. i suppose the rest is up to par right?

I guess my suggestion of Highway to Hell don't fit the thread, it's a fun movie but not as outrageous and unforgettable as say, Samurai Cop.

but Rikki Oh is a must-see indeed, K-Fan. I'd say put it high up on the list of priorities and get ready for a bloody good time.

And revisiting Peter Jackson's Braindead is another one of those film experiences everyone should have at least once in their lifetimes. ;)

Kurosawa Fan
12-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I own Rikki Oh, and obviously love it. But thanks for the recommendation.

Derek
12-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Is Rikki Oh the film where the guy gets his head smashed like a watermelon?? If so, I've been meaning to see that since the Kilborn-Daily Show days.

Edit: Yup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Sptdhpa8A&feature=related). :)

Qrazy
12-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Is Rikki Oh the film where the guy gets his head smashed like a watermelon?? If so, I've been meaning to see that since the Kilborn-Daily Show days.

Edit: Yup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Sptdhpa8A&feature=related). :)

It's pretty sweet in parts... fat kid skipping and falling on his face for one... but it's also pretty amazing how awful the effects gradually become (I'm looking at you Super Warden meat grinding scene).

MadMan
12-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Oh boy, that line from Killing Zone is hilarious. i suppose the rest is up to par right?

I guess my suggestion of Highway to Hell don't fit the thread, it's a fun movie but not as outrageous and unforgettable as say, Samurai Cop.

but Rikki Oh is a must-see indeed, K-Fan. I'd say put it high up on the list of priorities and get ready for a bloody good time.

And revisiting Peter Jackson's Braindead is another one of those film experiences everyone should have at least once in their lifetimes. ;)Braindead rocked my face off. Not only hilarious but also the mostly gloriously goriest movie I have ever seen.

Rikki Oh is one film I'm on the look out for. And Duke I only have not viewed Undead out of laziness.

Kurosawa Fan
12-13-2008, 11:32 PM
This thread needs Lady Terminator....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GZW9P2WSL._SS500_.jpg

For the love of all things holy, this was incredible. There was a scene at the morgue that was literally the greatest scene I've ever experienced in a B-movie. Undoubtedly one of the best we've seen, up there with Samurai Cop and Nine Deaths of the Ninja. Brilliant.

The Mike
12-14-2008, 03:40 PM
For the love of all things holy, this was incredible. There was a scene at the morgue that was literally the greatest scene I've ever experienced in a B-movie. Undoubtedly one of the best we've seen, up there with Samurai Cop and Nine Deaths of the Ninja. Brilliant.Glad you dug it man. I'm particularly fond of the first two badly dubbed victims. That whole bit had me rolling.

And the finale.... :lol:

Russ
01-22-2009, 04:14 PM
My friends and I get together for a night of drinking and bad movies.
Does anyone have any more suggestions?

K-Fan, I have not seen this yet, but you need to gather the guys for a night of...The Room

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6899/roomthepx3.jpg

Apparently, it's being billed as a "comedy" (love the non-attributable quote) only after writer/director/star, Tommy Wiseau (who has a bizarre Cajun-Austrian accent), attended some of the screenings, where fans were laughing uproariously at the film. It's rapidly becoming a must-see camp/cult item along the lines of Samurai Cop and Troll 2. Be sure and check out the comments at Amazon and IMDb. Below are a couple of clips.

You're tearing me apart, Lisa! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc)

Hi, Mark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISXiFJS9D5A)

Kurosawa Fan
01-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, we're waiting for Netflix to carry it. There was an article in EW a few months ago and ever since reading it we've been practically salivating to view it.

MadMan
02-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Well it turns out I may be able to get my hands on the 1970s women in prison movie The Big Doll House. Awesome.

The Mike
02-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Well it turns out I may be able to get my hands on the 1970s women in prison movie The Big Doll House. Awesome.If that one doesn't pan out, or if you need more tough rough chicks in the clink, you can't go wrong with Reform School Girls.

MadMan
04-08-2009, 07:51 PM
If that one doesn't pan out, or if you need more tough rough chicks in the clink, you can't go wrong with Reform School Girls.Heh, will do.

And I present to you my review of the camp B-movie Atomic Age Vampire, viewed on RTN a couple weeks back.

http://www.steve-calvert.co.uk/pub-dom/imgs/atom-age-vampire/atom-age-vampire.jpg

One would be wise to completely file this movie under "Enjoyable Bad Trash." The low grade, Z-budget production values combined with poor acting, laughable dialogue and a title that doesn't make any sense results in a hilariously campy experience. Yet, I couldn't stop watching a movie that is in some ways the poor man's version of Eyes Without a Face, a horror classic released a year earlier. Whether or not this was Hollywood's attempt to rip off the French film is unknown to me. I don't think it even matters.

But what I can state is that "Vampire" has some interesting insights into the nuclear age, along with America's obsession with beauty. Plus the depths one would sink to in a desperate attempt to maintain one's vanity and good looks. The sterotypical mad scientist wrecking havioc plot is here, only he also has a Jekyl and Hyde complex, caused by radiation he has used to play God.

The reason the film ultimately fails though is because it never fully develops its themes, or even passes for a guilty pleasure. While "Vampire" isn't bad enough to screen on Mystery Science Theater 3000, its also not good enough to be considered a favorite or something worthy of revisiting.

Mara
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Back in the late 80's and early 90's I was a big fan of USA Up All Night (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Up_All_Night) where they showed really awful B-movies, heavily edited. It was, at that point, the most prurient stuff I'd ever been exposed to, and consequently my friends and I made a point of having sleepovers to catch it whenever possible.

I know I saw Reform School Girls there, and Cemetary High (which was hilarious.) I was particularly frightened by one horror film where a science teacher goes bonkers and starts killing off his scantily-clothed female students whenever they have sex. He also kills one girl by stomping on her, and then walking off with little fleshy bits on his shoes. Don't remember the name of that one.

I'm pretty sure that's also where I saw Girlfriend from Hell, which was very, very funny. Summary from imdb:

The Devil is a woman! She is on the run and being pursued by God's "chaser", (who is an ex-lover coincidently). The chase drops her in the lap of an ongoing birthday party where shy Maggie is on a blind date with equally shy David. As the Devil inhabits Maggie's body the fun starts. First she proves that there is no one that she cannot offend, most especially her girlfriends when she takes their boyfriends upstairs for some killer (no shit) sex. As the bodys pile up the chaser arrives. Lovers tiff doesn't begin to go into the arguing that ensues as the plot reveals that the devil is pissed because she is jealous of her boyfriends over-enthusiastic flirting. Every woman in the film wants to pound our chaser into pulp as his obnoxiousness escalates. Also not to be messed are the crop of Nuns with rocket launchers and semi-automatic weaponry. Quick trips in and out of deep space, bodies in the bathtub, and restaurants where the food attack the patrons. A must see, must rent, and must own for every happy couple.

Mara
04-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Oooh, also, Necromancer. It's all coming back now.

Wait.

Is that a good thing?

:|

Russ
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Back in the late 80's and early 90's I was a big fan of USA Up All Night (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Up_All_Night) where they showed really awful B-movies, heavily edited.
That was my introduction to The Terror of Tiny Town, to which I am eternally grateful.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7749/drowning2.jpg

Sycophant
04-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh, late nights on USA. I saw a lot of pseudo-softcore porn that was heavily edited to remove the softcore porn bits. ...Being 15 was a very different experience.

I grew to avoid their late night horror ones though, because their mixture of sexuality and graphic violence/horror did nothing to help my already unhealthy views of sex.

Mara
04-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey,KF--

If you're looking for a different sort of B-movie and want to make fun of the costume drama genre that Val & I like so much, you should check out The Lady and the Highwayman. It couldn't be any funnier if it was a deliberate comedy (which it is not-- it takes itself quite seriously.)

My friends and I have a laugh riot with that one. Quote the lines at each other and all that good fun.

MadMan
04-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Oooh, also, Necromancer. It's all coming back now.

Wait.

Is that a good thing?

:|Why the hell not? :lol:

I'm pretty sure that's also where I saw Girlfriend from Hell, which was very, very funny. Summary from imdb:Nuns with rockets and automatic weapons=must see.

Mara
04-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Holy sweet mother of potatoes, Girlfriend from Hell is on YouTube! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTKrKigFLz0)

I love you, internet.

Wow-- I probably saw this 15+ years ago. I wonder if it's as bad as I remember.

Kurosawa Fan
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey,KF--

If you're looking for a different sort of B-movie and want to make fun of the costume drama genre that Val & I like so much, you should check out The Lady and the Highwayman. It couldn't be any funnier if it was a deliberate comedy (which it is not-- it takes itself quite seriously.)

My friends and I have a laugh riot with that one. Quote the lines at each other and all that good fun.

Awesome. Consider it added to the list. Thanks.

Spun Lepton
04-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Riki-Oh is a riot and the bad effects make it all that much funnier. I seriously doubt they were trying to go for ultra-realism with the gore. I mean, Riki punches through people. A guy slices himself open to use his own intestines to strangle Riki. Bad special effects are a minor worry for something this over-the-top and goofy.

I laugh my head off every time that guy falls and slams his face on the board of nails. That mannequin head cracks me up.

Qrazy
04-11-2009, 01:24 AM
Riki-Oh is a riot and the bad effects make it all that much funnier. I seriously doubt they were trying to go for ultra-realism with the gore. I mean, Riki punches through people. A guy slices himself open to use his own intestines to strangle Riki. Bad special effects are a minor worry for something this over-the-top and goofy.

I laugh my head off every time that guy falls and slams his face on the board of nails. That mannequin head cracks me up.

I like when the fat kid is skipping along and falls on his face.

Spun Lepton
04-11-2009, 01:45 AM
I like when the fat kid is skipping along and falls on his face.

I'll have to see it again to recall that bit. It'll be worth it. :)

Qrazy
04-11-2009, 01:53 AM
I'll have to see it again to recall that bit. It'll be worth it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz3Lof0J-IE

4:25

Dubbed unfortunately.

Spun Lepton
04-11-2009, 02:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz3Lof0J-IE

4:25

Dubbed unfortunately.

Heh heh heh!

Russ
11-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Undefeatable (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY)

Oh, sweet Jeebus, yes.

That chick sure does look like David Duchovny in drag from Twin Peaks, doesn't she?

Spun Lepton
11-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Oh, KF. How about a Z-movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079788/)? Worth watching for, yes, yes, I'm going to say it ...

The Greatest Line in Cinematic History

"I could easily kill you now, but .... I'm determined to have your brain!!!!1"

Dead & Messed Up
11-25-2009, 02:27 AM

God, this movie. I remember watching it, stunned by how amazingly bad it was, and a dog was onscreen, and I thought, "That's the only sympathetic character in the film," and it was immediately kicked in half.

BuffaloWilder
11-25-2009, 03:43 AM
For anyone interested, Youtube has - amazingly - uploaded the '76 softcore b-movie classic Mandango onto their movies channel.

And it - is - glorious.

Spun Lepton
11-25-2009, 03:49 AM
God, this movie. I remember watching it, stunned by how amazingly bad it was, and a dog was onscreen, and I thought, "That's the only sympathetic character in the film," and it was immediately kicked in half.

That's what Riki thinks of your "sympathy."

He tied his tendons together to make a fist! Don't question his awesome-itude.

Spun Lepton
11-25-2009, 03:58 AM
For anyone interested, Youtube has - amazingly - uploaded the '76 softcore b-movie classic Mandango onto their movies channel.

And it - is - glorious.

Samuel L. Bronkowitz presents!!

MadMan
11-25-2009, 06:37 AM
Oh and rewatching Plan 9 From Outer Space on Halloween while buzzing off of beer and viewing it with some friends, while we mocked it cheesy hilarious brilliance, was great. Even though its not a good film, I find it hard to hate something made as a labor of love by a guy who never realized the potential within. Perhaps he never really had it to begin with, but yah never know.

Ivan Drago
11-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Hey KF, I don't know if you found this out yet but The Room is finally on Netflix. Just thought I'd let you know since earlier in this thread you said you were waiting for it.

Kurosawa Fan
11-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey KF, I don't know if you found this out yet but The Room is finally on Netflix. Just thought I'd let you know since earlier in this thread you said you were waiting for it.

Sweet. It will be mine.

KK2.0
12-04-2009, 08:04 PM
ok, i'm starting to get pretty hyped for this The Room.

Mara
12-23-2009, 11:24 PM
As Cavedwellers is one of my all-time favorite MST3Ks, I was excited to see that Netflix had the prequel, Ator: The Fighting Eagle.

I'm about 30 minutes in, and it's pretty amusing.

Spun Lepton
12-23-2009, 11:54 PM
As Cavedwellers is one of my all-time favorite MST3Ks, I was excited to see that Netflix had the prequel, Ator: The Fighting Eagle.

I'm about 30 minutes in, and it's pretty amusing.

This episode has one of my all-time favorite MST lines.

"Ow! I fell on my 8-sided die!"

Mara
12-24-2009, 12:56 AM
This episode has one of my all-time favorite MST lines.

"Ow! I fell on my 8-sided die!"

I think you'd like the prequel. There's a part where amazon women capture Ator and then fight each other to see who gets to rape him.

And yeah, I love that episode.

Joel: Hey, why is she limping?
Crow: She was hit in the chest with an arrow!

"Who is this gentle stranger with pecs like melons and knees of fringe?"

Spun Lepton
12-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Now that we're on MST3K, there's only one thing to say.

Mitchell!!

Mara
12-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Mitchell!!

How do you drink your scotch?

By the pint.

MadMan
12-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Holy crap, I forgot to mention that in October I had watched the awesome B-movie classic from Peter Jackson, Bad Taste. Eventually I will pen a write up and post it here, but I found it to be endlessly entertaining, utterly violent, and beyond crazy. There's more spirit and talent involved than some of the souless pieces of shit modern day Hollywood blockbusters.

Spun Lepton
12-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Holy crap, I forgot to mention that in October I had watched the awesome B-movie classic from Peter Jackson, Bad Taste. Eventually I will pen a write up and post it here, but I found it to be endlessly entertaining, utterly violent, and beyond crazy. There's more spirit and talent involved than some of the souless pieces of shit modern day Hollywood blockbusters.

Not a single one of those guns in the movie were real. Whenever they would shoot in the movie, Jackson would just have them shake the gun as if it were firing, then went in and added the muzzle flashes in post. I was pretty surprised he pulled it off as well as he did.

Ivan Drago
12-28-2009, 04:06 AM
ok, i'm starting to get pretty hyped for this The Room.

I have it from Netflix as we speak. Might watch it tonight.

Mara
12-28-2009, 02:05 PM

Please advise if it has ugly naked people. No unintentional humor is worth that.

Spun Lepton
12-28-2009, 08:43 PM

I've enjoyed stubbed toes more than The Room.

Ivan Drago
12-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Please advise if it has ugly naked people. No unintentional humor is worth that.

lol, it actually DOES.

I can't even begin to describe the greatness/badness of this movie. I FED UP WITH THIS WUURLD!

MadMan
12-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Not a single one of those guns in the movie were real. Whenever they would shoot in the movie, Jackson would just have them shake the gun as if it were firing, then went in and added the muzzle flashes in post. I was pretty surprised he pulled it off as well as he did.I think IMDB.com's triva section mentioned that. Which I think is just flat out awesome. Love the psychotic killer badass commandos in that movie-the two buddies were both hilarious. No matter what anyone says, the ending is just flat out bizzaro.

Kurosawa Fan
01-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I can't even begin to describe the greatness/badness of this movie. I FED UP WITH THIS WUURLD!

There is no greatness to be seen here, not even in a "so bad it's good" type of way. How this became a cult classic in L.A. is beyond me. It's just awful. I mean this without a hint of hyperbole: it's the worst movie I've ever seen. Ever. Not funny, not entertaining. Nothing. It's long, it's dull, it's incomprehensible, it's embarrassing... it's an abomination.

And holy lord those sex scenes were squirm-worthy. I'm going to try my damndest to forget I ever saw this.

D_Davis
01-18-2010, 04:21 PM
And holy lord those sex scenes were squirm-worthy. I'm going to try my damndest to forget I ever saw this.

My new resolution for 2010 is to remind you, everyday, that you saw The Room.

Kurosawa Fan
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM
My new resolution for 2010 is to remind you, everyday, that you saw The Room.

I will kill you.

Ivan Drago
01-20-2010, 05:23 PM
YUUUR TEARING ME APART, KF!

Grouchy
01-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Even though I've only seen YouTube snippets of The Room, they had me laughing my ass off.

"Do you want me to order a pizza?"
"Ah... Whatever".
"I already ordered a pizza".

eternity
01-23-2010, 05:13 PM
"It's not funny, it's ______________________________ _________"

All the blank that KF said is the exact reason why it's funny.

Kurosawa Fan
01-23-2010, 05:26 PM
"It's not funny, it's ______________________________ _________"

All the blank that KF said is the exact reason why it's funny.

No. Samurai Cop is funny. Nine Deaths of the Ninja is funny. Troll 2 is funny. The Room is just awful.

number8
01-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Anyway, I have cancer.

Mara
01-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Even though I've only seen YouTube snippets of The Room, they had me laughing my ass off.

Ah, YouTube clips. This will decide it once and for all.

I made it about 7 seconds. Yeah, I'm not watching that. No sir.

eternity
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Oh, hi Mark.

Qrazy
01-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I haven't seen The Room but I have seen this abridged version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtUzJNSAgE&feature=related) and it was funny.

Russ
01-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Moments in Badness, pt. 1

Y9KyBdPeKHg&NR=1

Kurosawa Fan
01-23-2010, 07:10 PM
I haven't seen The Room but I have seen this abridged version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtUzJNSAgE&feature=related) and it was funny.

That is funny. Slogging through 90 minutes to get to a few highlights was not funny. At all.

Milky Joe
01-24-2010, 04:15 AM
Why would anyone watch the greatness that is The Room at home and not in a theater is beyond me.

Kurosawa Fan
01-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Why would anyone watch the greatness that is The Room at home and not in a theater is beyond me.

Why anyone would start a sentence as a question and finish it as a declarative statement is beyond me.

eternity
01-25-2010, 12:24 AM
The great thing about The Room is that it isn't even funny how bad it is. It is quite literally the worst movie ever made, not in a campy horror way like Troll 2, but in a flat out serious, "dramatic" way. It is impossible to imagine and can really only be seen to be believed.

It is so not funny, it is hilarious.

MadMan
01-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Okay, I'm almost tempted to watch The Room and find it out if its worse than Manos: The Hands of Fate, I Spit On Your Grave, Faces of Death, Jaws 4, and Stepmom. Those are currently my Top 5 Worst Movies of All Time. I thought about doing a thread, but bashing terrible movies is just too damn easy. Fun, but easy.

Ivan Drago
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM

One of my goals in life now is to see The Room in a theater. SPOON!

Qrazy
01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Interview with Tommy Wiseau (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRN9FpMkUbU&NR=1&feature=fvwp).

Kurosawa Fan
01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Interview with Tommy Wiseau (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRN9FpMkUbU&NR=1&feature=fvwp).

There's an interview on the DVD in which he says he wants to make many more movies and take The Room to Broadway.

Qrazy
01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
There's an interview on the DVD in which he says he wants to make many more movies and take The Room to Broadway.

Probably the same interview... that or he says the same thing in all of his interviews. I would not be surprised.

Hi doggy!

Russ
01-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi doggy!
Dude's obsessed with greetings, eh?

Qrazy
01-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Dude's obsessed with greetings, eh?

I think what he's trying to get at is that it reveals something about our collective emotional insecurity. We need others to constantly reaffirm our identity in order to feel alive.

Boner M
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Mark: I used to know a girl, she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it... beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Guerrero Street.
Johnny: Ha ha ha. What a story, Mark.

Sorry KF, I'm a convert.

Kurosawa Fan
02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Sorry KF, I'm a convert.

Damn it Boner, I was counting on you to be on my side of this argument.

Mara
03-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Why did it take 8's website to inform me of the existence of "Hawk: The Slayer"?

I am sooooooo renting that.

Spun Lepton
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
In case you thought it was IMPOSSIBLE for a ... gigantic shark to leap out of the water and take down an airplane cruising at several thousand feet, THINK AGAIN. Some science-person watched MegaShark vs. Giant Octopus and set out to prove that the megashark could, in fact, do this. And they proved it ... WITH SCIENCE.

http://flowingdata.com/2010/02/19/how-a-giant-shark-took-down-an-airplane/

Ivan Drago
03-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Sorry KF, I'm a convert.

He's just a chicken, cheep cheep cheep cheep! ;)

Spinal
03-25-2010, 06:46 AM
I got roped into seeing The Room tonight with friends. I found the experience to be pretty entertaining. The ending is hilarious.

Half his head is splattered across the floor and the first thing they say is "Wake up!" :lol:

Spun Lepton
03-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Checked out a childhood favorite last night: Charles Band's Trancers. I'm glad to say it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Jack Deth (Tim Thomerson) is a "Trooper" in Band's version of a distopic shoulder-padded Blade-Runner-wannabe future. His speciality is hunting down Trancers, people who have been turned into killer drones by the (apparently psychic?) madman named Whistler. At the beginning of the movie, Deth is called to headquarters to view a video that Whistler left for them, telling them that he's sending his consciousness back in time to 1985 to occupy another body there. His goal is to kill some politicians' ancestors, changing the timeline and assuring a touchdown win for the Bad Guy Team. Yes, it's all too convenient for Deth and his crew that Whistler clued them into his plan and left them to ability to follow him, otherwise it might've gone off without a hitch.

Deth's consciousness is sent back to 1985 to occupy an ancestor of his own, somebody who looks remarkably like Tim Thomserson. He meets a very young Helen Hunt, and together they embark upon a blah blah blah ... you can pretty much predict what happens. Band didn't aspire to much.

5/10

MadMan
03-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Sweet, Sweetback's Badass Song is as low budget 70s B-movie film making at its most primative, realistic, and gritty. The movie doesn't display anything particularly groundbreaking in terms of acting or directing, but rather helped to start the wave of awesome blaxplotation films that have become cult classics and inspired others from directors to rappers. Having viewed the movie that covered this one, Badassss! which is one of the more underrated movies of the 2000s, I can properly appreciate the blood, sweet, and tears that went into making this movie. Through his efforts, Melvin Van Peebles helped give birth to modern African-American cinema, who along with Sydney Potier and others helped to usher his people into a new age where they weren't merely used as cheap comedy actors/actresses. And besides there are some moments that are actually truly awesome.

BuffaloWilder
03-30-2010, 03:50 AM
GAcLiXzQeOQ&hl

Ha ha ha.

Russ
04-23-2010, 12:24 AM
GVLA1b_JWqs

Russ
07-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Deafula (1975)

My goodness, where to begin? Yup, you guessed it, this is a vampire movie shot in 1975, in black & white, spoken entirely in sign language. Obviously made at an unfortunate time just before the advent of closed-captioning, this film is every bit as much fun as you might could imagine.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2683/deafula1.jpg

You can tell he's one serious vampire. Look how his eyes bulge and his teeth clench.

Yeah, this one's got it all: Hilarious inept voiceovers (for our non-deaf friends), laughable "special" effects, complete disregard for vampire mythology (vampires transform in broad daylight), troll-like police inspectors ("I'm from England. I know he's a vampire.") and very lax local law enforcement ("Promise not to escape?"), flashback vampire origins that feature a young kid (unconvincingly) making his very playful puppy his first victim, and many more hysterical surprises. The signing during some of the "action" scenes is off-the-chart entertainment. And I love how when some of the characters argue, they simply sign more rigorously. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun of deaf people. Just the awful movie that they made.

And don't get me started on the mute hunchback. How do we know he's mute? Because he's got TIN CAN HANDS. Get it? Bwahahahaha.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1503/deafula2.jpg

Spun Lepton
07-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Deafula (1975)

Where in the HELL did you find this? I must see this. Sounds like perfect for a double-feature with ...

http://blog.largebutfinite.com/wp-content/themes/spotlight-13/images/incubus_shatner.jpg

A witchcraft movie spoken entirely in Esperanto.

Russ
07-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Where in the HELL did you find this?
Oh, you know. Here...there. :cool:

If you're really interested, just pm me.

D_Davis
07-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Incubus is a surprisingly good film. The atmosphere reminded me a great deal of the Hammer film, A Plague of Zombies.

Mara
08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
This (http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/go_fug_yourself/2010/08/fug_the_fromage_the_client_lis t_080310.html#more) write up of Jennifer Love Hewitt's Lifetime Movie The Client List makes me want to see it SO. BAD. It sounds amazing.

MadMan
05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Over the past two months, I've caught two movies that were shown on This! TV, of all places, that are easily B-movie cinema.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/beedubelhue/baseme39.jpg

Don't Look In the Basement must have inspired Edgar Wright's hilarious fake Grindhouse trailer Dont! Mostly in title, but also because it depicts a house where crazy shit happens. Well this movie isn't just awful, its also largely boring-nothing truly happens for large stretches of the movie, and only does the last act feature anything truly significent. Not to mention (spoilers only if you want to see these-but I recommend you pass, heh) the main character only ventures near the basement at the end.

You'd think that a movie with "Basement" in the title would either build up so much suspense at what lies down there that when the female heroine ventures in, it would lead to a shocking powerful discovery. Or she would have nasty misadventures in the basement, or something. I'm apparently putting more thought into this incredibly low budget movie than the creators obviously did. The 70s had some really good low budget horror and Grindhouse style movies. Clearly this is not one of them, and it even has racist undertones, although it doesn't even have the ability to be morally wrong in the same vein as, say, I Spit On Your Grave.

So why did I even bother watching this, sticking with it to the very end? Curiousity, mostly. Not because I wanted to see what was in the basement, but because unlike say, a godawful Michael Bay blockbuster, this one had a certain terrible charm to it. At least this one had reasons for it being terrible-what's Bay excuse for giving us Pearl Harbor? 20

PS: Anyone who's ever seen Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning can note as I did that the picture shown above is eeriely similar to a scene that happens in Part V as well. So not only did the Friday the 13th series rip off Bava, they also stole from a craptastic, underseen 70s movie. Go figure.

http://www.mrbalihai.com/haideaway/d/3161-1/Lady+Frankenstein+_1971_.jpg

Lady Frankenstein, on the other hand, isn't a horror movie so much as it is a soft core porno with Frankenstein's monster in it. Well there's more than one of them, but only one ends up getting his face burned, so his appearance makes the Elephant Man look pretty by comparison. Some have called this movie a feminist take on the Frankenstein sub-genre, but I can't say I agree with them. Only if they think that plenty of nudity and a movie where the main female character is a scheming, evil scentist with no moral qualms is a step forward for the women rights movement, which of course it isn't.

The film, which is a mix of bad and un-intentionally hilarious moments, has Joseph Cotton slumming it up in a bit part, probably due to his career being about dead at this point, and thus he needed money. Although he was in the rather awesome Adominable Dr. Phibes in the 70s, the poor guy clearly didn't do much after Welles' career suffered a similar fall, and he stopped working with him. Its really a shame that a director like QT, who's been known for reviving careers before, wasn't making movies during this period.

What can I say about the rest of the movie? The ending is too abrrupt and non-sensical to have any meaning or impact, although I will admit that the film stubbornly engaging in plenty of Frankenstein movie cliches might be admirable, if only the director had a sense of style and knew how to put a twist on them. Interesting that only three years later Mel Brooks would create his masterful and hilarious spoof, Young Frankenstein, which proved to be truly inventive and showed up the actual Frankenstein movies. 35

Russ
03-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Ok.

You know how, every so often, you stumble on something that you HAVE to share, because of its, y'know, sheer awesomeness?

I've been watching one of those grindhouse trailer compilations, one where I had either seen or heard of every trailer contained within...and then I saw Duke Mitchell's ultra-violent 1974 mob cult classic, Massacre Mafia Style aka The Executioner. After recovering from my bout of speechlessness, the only words I could emit were I MUST SEE THIS FILM and parenthetically, YOU MUST WATCH THIS TRAILER. (NSFW, of course)

Iz9YqMrTBCo&feature=related

Is there a DVD? Yeah, the OOP 2-disc (!) Anchor Bay release, ridiculously offered at collector's prices. And then I learned Duke Mitchell made a sequel. A glorious sequel, entitled, Gone With the Pope (coincedentally, also NSFW):

zQqZKd_72C0

K-Fan, I hope you're paying attention. These shoot to the top of my 'must-see' list.

MadMan
03-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Russ both of those movies look awesome. Gone With The Pope is the one I want to see the most out of the two, however. Kidnapping the Pope=heh + cool.

Oh and on Friday night Phil Brown, host of my local community college channel's "At The Movies With Philm" celebrated 10 years of showing old school B-movies. Horror films, sci-fi pictures, cult classics, etc. He's actually a film professor at the college, and he really knows his stuff. I even interviewed him for Kirkwood's student newspaper when I went there, and he was really cool. Had a huge poster from Romero's The Crazies on the wall of his office. I really wish he was able to broadcast his show out to other states, but he's limited to Eastern Iowa here.

Plus tonight This! TV is airing Ghoulies (1985). Hell yeah I'm tuning in.

Kurosawa Fan
03-26-2012, 12:55 AM
I am definitely paying attention. Though, this is quite a tease if there's no way to acquire the films. Those trailers are great and all, but I need the films in their entirety. That Gone With the Pope trailer is pure gold.

Russ
11-03-2012, 07:18 PM
MANBORG!

Best. Dubbing. EVER.

A-b8LQLiIPI&feature=player_embedded

This is so awesome, I am without speech. Me = speechless.

Irish
11-03-2012, 07:53 PM
:lol: My life goal is now to work the sentence, "That's quite the proposition you have there, Manborg" into everyday conversation.

MadMan
11-13-2012, 05:38 AM
I finally viewed Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991) which I taped off of TCM on DVR. I'm not sure if I can find an image from this movie that doesn't depict its horrific and disturbingly high level of violence and gore. I'm sure that others picked up on this already, but this movie plays out just as a video game would. Ricky gets the shit kicked out of him, literally dies and then gets a second life just in time to defeat the villains thrown at him before he faces off against the big boss at the end. My favorite moment though is the head crushing moment, although seeing Ricky cry out in the rain is utterly hilarious. This movie is cheesy, craptastic, outrageous, and really over the top, and I love it for being so. Somewhere mixed in is this random message about the oppressed prisoners/workers rising up against their corrupt capitalistic masters, but this is not the type of movie that dives into deep social and political issues. Now I'm left to wonder if this movie or Dead/Alive is the more violent 90s movie. I think Dead/Alive featured more blood, but it didn't have enough leg breaking and bodies exploding.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2013, 02:03 AM
oVtyOwcQo-w

Saw this a few weeks ago, and was a little surprised I'd never heard of it before, because the trailer looked pretty decent (considering). It's not good, but it has a weird charm to it. The song above was laughable at first but I woke up the next day humming it, and now I even kinda like it. It's definitely still laughable, though.

The movie has a street gang made up of "ninjas", and coke dealers, and for some strange reason their main nemesis is a group of orphaned roommates with blackbelts who also have a band that plays anti-ninja music (seriously). I'm guessing there was also quite a bit of coke floating around behind the scenes.

Unfortunately it's not a quality movie by any stretch, and the (gore-filled) action is saved almost entirely for the finale. Luckily the amateurish everything lends the movie some much-needed charm. This would've been a perfect movie for the MST3K crew to get a hold of, but you can substitute them with a few friends and do your best.

J2XA5zF6a1g

Russ
05-23-2015, 09:03 PM
I am definitely paying attention. Though, this is quite a tease if there's no way to acquire the films. Those trailers are great and all, but I need the films in their entirety. That Gone With the Pope trailer is pure gold.

I wish K-Fan was still around.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff324/astrojester/MafiaMS_zpsansaqgd4.jpg

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff324/astrojester/Gone_with_the_Pope_Cover_zpscr otjwwp.jpg

I haven't seen Gone With the Pope yet, but sweet mother jesus I have the blu-ray of Massacre Mafia Style and it is glorious. I never realized that the footage from the original trailer was essentially the entire opening of the film.

It's not really safe for work, polite company, or anything else...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz9YqMrTBCo

Spun Lepton
05-23-2015, 10:36 PM
Dang! I forgot all about this thread. I LOVE me some b-movies.

Here are a few I've watched in the last couple of months:

Raw Force
http://letterboxd.com/skreeonk/film/raw-force/

Five Element Ninjas
http://letterboxd.com/skreeonk/film/five-element-ninjas/

Wyrmwood (spoilers)
http://letterboxd.com/skreeonk/film/wyrmwood/

Russ
05-24-2015, 12:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCFABnp0wk

Wut???

...But I believe the love is one continuous str-shr-str-STREAM...which is never ends!!

D_Davis
05-24-2015, 02:14 AM
Five Element Ninjas
http://letterboxd.com/skreeonk/film/five-element-ninjas/

AKA Chinese Super Ninjas.

One of the most insanely entertaining movies ever made.

Spun Lepton
05-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Oh, I may as well also post the NSFW trailer for Raw Force, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_18O15MWXk

D_Davis
05-29-2015, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTJlMtuXnjc

D_Davis
05-29-2015, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0MvW3eh1U

D_Davis
05-29-2015, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhTMFDlI1l8

Spun Lepton
06-05-2015, 10:00 PM
I must find this film.

Spun Lepton
06-07-2015, 06:08 AM
A friend came over tonight and we watched a movie that we had seen together as kids. I recall the theater being pretty full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7rg8C8w5ZY

Yeah, it's not a good movie.

Russ
06-13-2015, 06:30 PM
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff324/astrojester/samurai_cop_by_jeffvictor-d5dibmv_zps93q9d8y6.jpg