PDA

View Full Version : Video Games...Discuss Them

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127

Dukefrukem
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
i appreciate that they tried to create a more authentic feel with all the ethnic radio stations in GTAIV but yeah, the ones in Vice City were more entertaining. The loop was very short even on the music radios, the ones i've listened (mostly the instrumental ones) got repetitive quickly.

guy recreates Wipeout with a RC car and cardboard http://www.geek.com/articles/games/wipeout-recreated-with-an-rc-car-and-lots-of-cardboard-2010084/

Agreed. Nothin like listening to a flock of sea gulls when you're runnin pedestrians over.

Dukefrukem
08-05-2010, 12:59 PM
AA2

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/warner-bros/batman/arkham2/bat600.jpg

Skitch
08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
:eek:

*runs to check mailbox*

Dukefrukem
08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
:eek:

*runs to check mailbox*

also,

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/warner-bros/batman/arkham2/bat1-1280.jpg

Catwoman? (suggests Co-op????) And Two Face?

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/warner-bros/batman/arkham2/bat2-1280.jpg

number8
08-05-2010, 03:29 PM
So Arkham City is the official title, huh.

Skitch
08-05-2010, 03:47 PM
So Arkham City is the official title, huh.

Yeah, what's the story there? Odd title.

Btw, half done on hard, enjoying it even more.

Morris Schæffer
08-05-2010, 03:50 PM
This is going to be brilliant!

In other news, when everything comes together like it should, GTA IV multiplayer can really be a total blast! :)

number8
08-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, what's the story there? Odd title.

Well, the idea is that Joker takes over Gotham and is turning the entire city into an asylum. But I think they're just trying to make it obvious that it's a sequel.

number8
08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Ahh, nevermind. Here is the explanation. Gotham turned one of its city blocks into the new Arkham.

According to the developer, Arkham City "builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security 'home' for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds."

As expected, the sequel's set inside the now "heavily fortified" walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, the developer's said, and a brand-new story that "draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, " is promised.

number8
08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Honestly, that is genius. You appease the thirst to see Batman in his natural Gotham City elements, but you also keep the game as limited and contained and ultimately story driven as before, instead of morphing it into a GTA sandbox style. Great compromise.

Dukefrukem
08-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Honestly, that is genius. You appease the thirst to see Batman in his natural Gotham City elements, but you also keep the game as limited and contained and ultimately story driven as before, instead of morphing it into a GTA sandbox style. Great compromise.

Exactly! This game might rival COD sales... that's how epic its going to be.

Sycophant
08-05-2010, 04:35 PM
$ALE$!

shaun
08-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Outside The Lines has a pretty good write-up on the history of the Madden franchise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100805%2Fmadden

Spaceman Spiff
08-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Anyone here played Alan Wake? I love the Silent Hill games for which it has been compared quite a bit too, but the more-TV like presentation I'm getting from the few reviews I've read are kinda turning me off. I'll probably get it anyway as I've just finished Dragon Age and don't have a whole lot to play at the moment, but feedback is most welcome.

Dukefrukem
08-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Anyone here played Alan Wake? I love the Silent Hill games for which it has been compared quite a bit too, but the more-TV like presentation I'm getting from the few reviews I've read are kinda turning me off. I'll probably get it anyway as I've just finished Dragon Age and don't have a whole lot to play at the moment, but feedback is most welcome.

I beat it. It's good at times and slow and repetitive at others. It's got a well written story, great voice acting, satisfying ending... weak/easy bosses. Overall, It recommend it. Esp if you like horror/thriller games. My disappointments come with what was scrapped from the game.

Morris Schæffer
08-06-2010, 10:53 AM

This is what actually caught my attention. Struck me as a cool idea, like playing through episodes of Lost. I will get AW eventually when the price comes down a bit more.

bac0n
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
I finished Red Dead Redemption last night. Man, what an amazing game. I don't think a game has sucked me in as much, nor have I enjoyed playing a game as much as RDR, in a long, long time. Years even. Maybe even as far back as SSX3. :eek:

Anyway. Back to Modnation it is for me. Wheeee!!!!!

Spaceman Spiff
08-06-2010, 05:29 PM
This is what actually caught my attention. Struck me as a cool idea, like playing through episodes of Lost. I will get AW eventually when the price comes down a bit more.

Yeah, it strikes me a very lame idea. I don't like Lost, or shows of that ilk, and I'll always prefer my horror/suspense to feel natural than artificial (strange argument for a video game, perhaps but there you go).

And duke, when you say good story, do you mean a genuinely good story, or a good story for gaming standards. Can't remember the last time a game came out with a genuinely well-written story with well-written characters. The Witcher maybe? And even that game had some clunky moments.

Dukefrukem
08-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah, it strikes me a very lame idea. I don't like Lost, or shows of that ilk, and I'll always prefer my horror/suspense to feel natural than artificial (strange argument for a video game, perhaps but there you go).

And duke, when you say good story, do you mean a genuinely good story, or a good story for gaming standards. Can't remember the last time a game came out with a genuinely well-written story with well-written characters. The Witcher maybe? And even that game had some clunky moments.

Touche.

Yes great story for a video game standards. I would also agree with you on the Witcher being an excellent story. I would also put Uncharted 2 in that category.

KK2.0
08-06-2010, 07:33 PM
I guess the tv-show gimmick is more a presentation style choice, that doesn't actually interfere in the narrative. I don't have a 360 and only watched Alan Wake videos, but it looks like something i would enjoy.

The main hurdle with videogame stories is that unlike movies and books, you can interfere in the world, and the most sucessful game stories imo aren't about plot but how sucessful you sink the player in the environment, Half Life, ICO and many others are thin on dialogue or in the case of Uncharted, doesn't try anything a movie hasn't done before, but the way they make you feel in their world is what truly shines.

Heavy Rain actually focused in this aspect only, the "game" is basically a huge series of connected cutscenes, but i enjoyed the fact that they tried to add player interference as frequent as possible and you can't go back in your decisions, certain scenes work better than others, but overall i enjoyed the ride a lot.

Morris Schæffer
08-07-2010, 10:06 AM
An IGN article on Batman: AC

Yesterday, our prayers were answered; the Dark Knight is coming back next year (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1110595p1.html). Yes, fall 2011 will bring us Batman: Arkham City (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/055/055050.html), the follow-up to the award-winning Batman: Arkham Asylum from 2009. It's a sequel we've been frothing at the mouth for since the game's debut trailer, but there's one major problem: we didn't know that much about it.

Thankfully, that's about to change. Yesterday's announcement came with art depicting Catwoman and Batman in all sorts of trouble. The news that accompanies those images can't be far behind. However, it's not here yet, and rather than sit and stew in our own dismay, IGN's gathering the comic book geek power of Hilary Goldstein and Greg Miller to talk about what the new art might means, where they think the game is going, and how hot Catwoman is.

Grab your cowl and read this…

Watch us break down the Arkham City teaser trailer. (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/055/055050.html)

Greg Miller: So, Hil, Batman: Arkham City. Hell yes.

Hilary Goldstein: About time! I remember when the trailer came out a while back, we wondered what it meant to see the Arkham sign inside of Gotham proper. Now we know.

Greg Miller: Uh, do we? What the hell is going on? Did Arkham relocate and explode? Did a section of Gotham get so nuts they quartered it off?

Hilary Goldstein: Now we know, Greg.

Greg Miller: We know nothing! To me, Arkham's "move" doesn't look planned. In the video, it's a makeshift wall around what used to be a thriving city. In the artwork, it's smoking like a bomb went off.

Hilary Goldstein: But now we can make wild assumptions. Even with the trailer, I'd say that it looked like Arkham had to be relocated in Gotham City. So maybe something happens to Arkham, they have to set up a temporary version in the city. And that could lead to some stuff taking place even outside Arkham. This will be awesome!

Greg Miller: So, do you see it being a massive free-roaming thing? The walled off area in the video looks rather large. Can you go anywhere at any time? Will it be a large area that's slowly opening to you like the first game?

Hilary Goldstein: I imagine it will use that same sort of Metroid-style system where as you get upgrades you can access different areas. What's really interesting is that if Arkham is now in part of Gotham, there are opportunities for even more cool Easter Eggs. Could Crime Alley be inside this new Arkham?

Greg Miller: Meh. I was already there in the first game. I'm more interested in getting into the Penguin's club and brawling in the streets. How do you think Catwoman fits into this thing? Lots of people are saying co-op...

Hilary Goldstein: Ugh. I mean, I am glad to see Catwoman in the game -- and it would have been a real force to get her into the first game since it was all in Arkham -- but co-op? Yech. Why can't people be satisfied with a good single-player experience? I think co-op completely destroys the story for games. You just can't enjoy the story the same way with someone else nudging you along. And the first game was all about atmosphere. That gets ruined if I have to hear some idiot going "Oh man, turn Catwoman to the left. Oh yeah, baby."

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/111/1110981/batman-arkham-city-20100806042519611-000.jpgWhat's the future of Detective Mode?

Greg Miller: True, but I think the folks at Rocksteady know what they're doing. Now, I've been burned by saying that before -- Bryan Singer with Superman Returns, Sam Raimi with Spider-Man 3, etc. -- but I think it'll hold true here. If Catwoman means co-op, I have to imagine it's like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves co-op. You have an awesome single-player story and then specific, out-of-canon co-op quests.

Hilary Goldstein: I hope that is it. I mean, the combat rooms and stuff in Batman: Arkham Asylum weren't bad, but there's definitely a lot more bonus missions that could be added. Hopefully Catwoman isn't some awkward clone of Batman but is actually nimble. OK, so -- Robin? Think he will show? I wouldn't be opposed to Nightwing either.

Greg Miller: Hmm. Putting me on the spot. Earlier this year, that IMDB listing (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1075790p1.html) slipped and made it seem like Robin would be in the game. That's where the co-op talk got kicked up. I say it's 50-50. If he does show up, it'll be in a non-playable role. Maybe something like Oracle in the first game. There's such a devotion to this universe and so much was crammed into that first title that I find it hard to believe Robin and Nightwing won't make some kind of appearance -- even if it's just a bio or suit in the Batcave. Do you think they'll make the cut? Would you be fine with them appearing in co-op as well -- again, like Uncharted 2 where you have several people to be.

Hilary Goldstein: I think Nightwing makes sense as a combat option for an arena mode. Maybe even as an exclusive (like how the Joker was only on PS3 at launch). I'd be fine with that. I think Robin could be really interesting as part of the gameplay in Arkham City. Like if he were a smart AI-controlled character who could gain access to areas Batman couldn't or was able to back you up in combat. Again, not co-op -- but as an AI character as integral to Batman's success as he is in the comics. Unless they use Jason Todd as Robin. Then I'd like to be able to bash his head in with a crowbar and blow him up.

Greg Miller: I like that idea for Robin -- as long as the AI isn't stupid as hell. Now, what do you think of the fact that the released artwork is black and white? Could game be black and white like Batman Black and White? Some people are talking about it being a replacement for Detective Mode. Do you think it's just a cool look for the debut art?

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/111/1110981/batman-arkham-city-20100806042520657-000.jpgWill Catwoman be an unlock like the Joker?

Hilary Goldstein: I think it probably will fit into the gameplay in some way. And I hope it is part of the new Detective Mode. Why not make the art style at least look unique and cool in a mode, rather than the whole wireframe thing of Batman: AA? They could also be taking a page from Splinter Cell: Conviction (that's an Xbox 360 game, Greg). When Batman is in the shadows, the game loses its color so you know you're hidden. Such a brilliant way to handle stealth -- I hope they are "inspired" by it.

Greg Miller: Oh, I've heard of the Sexbox 360, Hill don't you worry. Speaking of which, how about Catwoman in that chain bondage? ME-OW!

Hilary Goldstein: I hope the gameplay is just like that crappy EA Catwoman game.

Greg Miller: Well, now you've broken my heart. What about the role of the other villains? Joker was in the trailer, but Two-Face is the one on the poster behind Batman in the Game Informer art we have.

Hilary Goldstein: Oh yeah, there are so many cool Batman villains were didn't really see in the first game. Two-Face is probably both the best and worst Batman villain, depending on how he's handled. I mean, I've seen him really be this tortured man who basically is Batman gone wrong. And then I see other times where he is just so frigging dumb and corny and lame. Do you have, like, three villains you really want to see?

Greg Miller: Two of the ones I want have all but been shown (Mr. Freeze and Two-Face), and I'd like to see the Penguin show up as just a reformed crook running a club. Still, give me Talia al Ghul. Let her bounce off of the Catwoman/Batman relationship. Introduce Damian so that the third game can be him teaming with Jason Todd to take down Bats, Robin and Nightwing. Go all the way down the comic book rabbit hole, Rocksteady!

Hilary Goldstein: I'm not sure you are aware, Greg, but I'm a pretty massive Batman fanboy. I've read something like 200 Batman graphic novels. And I have to say, Ra's al Ghul can be the absolute best Batman villain when done right. (Read Birth of the Demon, Son of the Demon, and Bride of the Demon.) But for him to work, he has to be the main orchestrator; he can't be a bit-player. So unless he is the kingpin of this, leave him out. But Talia is juuuuuust fine to include.

Greg Miller: Exactly. And she's hot. Drug Batman again and let her have her way with him. Again. Game of the Year.

Hilary Goldstein: Oh, and can we have Bat-Mite in the game? Just kidding, Bat-Mite is so friggin' stupid.

Greg Miller: Oh, dear lord, no. Please no. Outside of wanting more ladies in leather suits and no goddamn joke characters, what do you want to see on the gadget front this time around? Do you want the same stable of items? You want to drive the Batmobile this time?

Hilary Goldstein: Yeah, if they can make it fun to control, I am down for the Batmobile being part of the equation. They got a lot of Batman's key gear last time. I just hope I don't start at zero again. I hate games where it's like, every time they have to find a way to make you have no gadgets and work up. Start with Batman's usual assortment and then improve and add from there.

I do kind of hope there is a surfing contest so I can use that shark repellent exclusive pre-order bonus from Gamestop.

Greg Miller: Hmm. I'm betting you're starting at near-zero again. That's how the Metroid-style you want works. I bet you get a batarang and grappling hook to start with. From there, I'm sure they'll have a bunch of crazy crap I can't even think of.

Hilary Goldstein: And maybe like an explosive Boy Wonder to throw at walls?

Greg Miller: Or a real one. Have Batman just strapping exploding capes to the street kids he finds in the quarantine area.

Hilary Goldstein: One last question for you Greg. We've talked about Batman allies and villains. But what about other DC guest stars. Should we be expecting any guest appearances from other DC Comics characters?

Greg Miller: No. It breaks the game if you do. Batman's world is so dark and hopeless to an extent. If Superman or Flash pops up with their bright colors, why don't they just solve the problem Batman's facing in the blink of an eye? This has to be a "man versus the freaks" type of thing. If it wasn't, they'd call it a JLA game, it would be set in space, and it would probably suck.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/111/1110981/batman-arkham-city-20100806042517783-000.jpgBring on the bad guys in Arkham City.

Hilary Goldstein: True enough. Though everyone reading this just screamed out, "The Dark Knight Returns," which really should be the next game Rocksteady makes.

Greg Miller: No. Make a Superman game that doesn't suck, Rocksteady.

Hilary Goldstein: How to make a great Superman game is a topic for another time, Gregerino. I'd say that means we're just about done here.

Greg Miller: OK. Back to my cryo-sleep until they release DC Universe Online.

Scar
08-07-2010, 01:00 PM
I finished Red Dead Redemption last night. Man, what an amazing game. I don't think a game has sucked me in as much, nor have I enjoyed playing a game as much as RDR, in a long, long time. Years even. Maybe even as far back as SSX3. :eek:

Anyway. Back to Modnation it is for me. Wheeee!!!!!

I love dropping charging grizzly bears with the Buffalo Gun, w/o using Dead Eye.

Also, if you kill the entire heard of buffalo, you get the manifest destiny trophy, as well as a bunch of hides, meat, and horns to sell!

Scar
08-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Just beat God of War 3. Don't know if I'll go back through it. I think I've had my fill of Kratos after three games.

Here's an FYI for the finale:

Once your vision is COMPLETELY obscured by blood, stop punching. Don't waste five minutes like some of us.

Scar
08-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Or not.

Morris Schæffer
08-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Started Mirror's Edge and, well, I guess it accomplishes what it sets out to do which is give me a rush. It's quite an experience.

Any thoughts on this one?

Dukefrukem
08-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Started Mirror's Edge and, well, I guess it accomplishes what it sets out to do which is give me a rush. It's quite an experience.

Any thoughts on this one?

A failed attempt at a new franchise.

Sycophant
08-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Screw that marketing lingo. Morris is talking about the game itself.

It's a game that has a better sense of movement than any 3D game I think I've experienced. Its levels are perhaps just a bit imperfect, and the sheer amount of times you have to die because cops are constantly shooting you is a little, perhaps, ill-conceived. But the time trials mode is where the game really sings. In that area, I think it is, in fact, a great game.

Morris Schæffer
08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Screw that marketing lingo. Morris is talking about the game itself.

It's a game that has a better sense of movement than any 3D game I think I've experienced. Its levels are perhaps just a bit imperfect, and the sheer amount of times you have to die because cops are constantly shooting you is a little, perhaps, ill-conceived. But the time trials mode is where the game really sings. In that area, I think it is, in fact, a great game.

I can see how attempting to set a new record could be tons of fun so I will certainly try that.

Ezee E
08-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Started Alan Wake. Digging it, although I hope the villains get a little tougher. Same with the puzzles.

Lucky
08-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Monster Hunter 3 is very fun so far. Can't wait to get to a boss.

Sycophant
08-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Just started up Nier today. It's pretty neat so far.

Watashi
08-11-2010, 06:49 AM
The new Scott Pilgrim game is awesome. Too bad it's not online.

Milky Joe
08-11-2010, 08:18 AM
New game from Shinji Mikami (genius):

3j9sVn3leMw

Holy shit.

Sycophant
08-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I'm all over that. Day one-ing that shit.

Sycophant
08-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Playing Yakuza with yakuza (http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html)

M: Kiryu is the way yakuza used to be. We kept the streets clean. People liked us. We didn't bother ordinary citizens. We respected our bosses. Now, guys like that only exist in video games.
S: I don't know any ex-yakuza running orphanages.
K: There was one a few years ago. A good guy.
M: You sure it wasn't just a tax shelter?
K: Sure it was a tax shelter but he ran it like a legitimate thing. You know.

Acapelli
08-12-2010, 04:21 AM
was surprised how good the kane and lynch 2 demo was

number8
08-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Playing Yakuza with yakuza (http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html)

M: Kiryu is the way yakuza used to be. We kept the streets clean. People liked us. We didn't bother ordinary citizens. We respected our bosses. Now, guys like that only exist in video games.
S: I don't know any ex-yakuza running orphanages.
K: There was one a few years ago. A good guy.
M: You sure it wasn't just a tax shelter?
K: Sure it was a tax shelter but he ran it like a legitimate thing. You know.

I wanted to post this yesterday and forgot. It's a fantastic article.

MacGuffin
08-12-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm stunned at how enjoyable Batman: Arkham Asylum is so far.

MacGuffin
08-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Hmm... (http://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-4-Playstation-3/dp/B003QX4F7C)

Dukefrukem
08-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Hmm... (http://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-4-Playstation-3/dp/B003QX4F7C)

Does mean anything. Amazon had Duke Nukem forever listed up until a few weeks ago.

Sycophant
08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
No, Sega announced Yakuza 4 is coming out next spring a few months ago. Allegedly, it won't have as much cut out.

Dukefrukem
08-12-2010, 08:33 PM
pV_TDxl2UIo

Winston*
08-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Is it actually going to be set in that flying city? If so, neat.

Haven't played Bioshock 2 yet. Is it worth playing? The plot sounded kind of lazy.

D_Davis
08-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Is it actually going to be set in that flying city? If so, neat.

Haven't played Bioshock 2 yet. Is it worth playing? The plot sounded kind of lazy.

I liked it. Fun game.

Dukefrukem
08-13-2010, 12:28 AM

No. If you played the first you played the 2nd.

megladon8
08-13-2010, 03:58 AM
I creamed my pants watching that "Bioshock: Infinite" trailer.

Man oh man. 2012 can't come soon enough for so, so many reasons.

Winston*
08-13-2010, 04:04 AM

Are we still allowed to make 2012 end of the world jokes? Alternatively, are we now allowed to make 2012 end of the world jokes ironically?

EyesWideOpen
08-13-2010, 04:59 AM

I'm with ya.

KK2.0
08-15-2010, 08:42 PM
got Scott Pilgrim and Deathspank, both are great.

i´m surprised how easy SP becomes when playing coop, had several game-overs before the first boss playing solo. At first i was a bit annoyed at how sluggish it felt, but as soon as i started upgrading things got more fluid and fun, but i still getting my ass kicked though (playing on normal).

first Deus Ex gameplay

usOUtOBntB4

megladon8
08-16-2010, 08:14 PM
FRIEND: Hey did you see the trailer for that new "BioShock: Infinite" game?

ME: "BioShock"? More like...SKY-o-Shock!

FRIEND: I see you've been on GiantBomb recently.

ME: :sad:

Dukefrukem
08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
AWESOME teaser; live action!!

lbkXTSs3bvU

D_Davis
08-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Jeff Green is on this week's Giant Bombcast. Awesome.

Dukefrukem
08-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Huge news this morning. It appears the PS3 was finally hacked (took 4 years). $170 gets you a USB stick that blocks incoming updates and allows you to install games to the PS3 hard drive.

crazy crazy crazy news because it requires NO MODDING (http://www.ozmodchips.com/ps-jailbreak-worlds-first-ps3-modchip-plug-and-play-p-68.html). No word yet on Blu-ray rips.

number8
08-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Damn, when that shit starts shipping, you're going to see a lot of people going to Blockbuster to rent games.

Dukefrukem
08-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Damn, when that shit starts shipping, you're going to see a lot of people going to Blockbuster to rent games.

The only limitation is if this device is backing games up to the HDD I assume it will need to read the firmware the games are released on. That would even limit piracy to current firmware games and below. Who knows if they will be able to patch this device to keep up with Sony's updates. In other words, if you buy this tomorrow, there's little chance than any new game would work with it. But maybe people don't care about new games and they'll just work on their backlog.

Milky Joe
08-20-2010, 05:21 AM
1Brbf0H-oxs

Aw, hell yeah.

Henry Gale
08-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Rock Band 3's setlist (which Harmonix didn't confirm (http://vimeo.com/14293335)) is really amazing if you're someone who's enjoyed the games even half as much as I have:

Amy Winehouse – Rehab
Anthrax – Caught in a Mosh
At The Drive-In – One Armed Scissor
Avenged Sevenfold – Beast and the Harlot
B-52s – Rock Lobster
Beach Boys – Good Vibrations
Big Country – In a Big Country
Blondie – Heart of Glass
Bob Marley & The Wailers – Get Up, Stand Up
Bronx, The – False Alarm
Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
Cure, The – Just Like Heaven
David Bowie – Space Oddity
Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water
Def Leppard – Foolin'
Devo – Whip It
Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
Dire Straits – Walk of Life
Doobie Brothers – China Grove
Doors, The – Break On Through
Dover – King George
Echo and the Bunnymen – The Killing Moon
Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright
Faith No More – Midlife Crisis
Filter – Hey Man, Nice Shot
Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
Foreigner – Cold as Ice
Golden Earring – Radar Love
HIM – Killing Loneliness
Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
Hypernova – Viva La Resistance
Ida Maria – Oh My God
INXS - Need You Tonight
J Geils Band - Centerfold
James Brown – I Got You
Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
Jimi Hendrix Experience, The – Crosstown Traffic
Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
John Lennon – Imagine
Juanes – Me Enamora
Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird
Maná – Oye Mi Amor
Marilyn Manson – The Beautiful People
Metric – Combat Baby
Muffs, The – Outer Space
Night Ranger – Sister Christian
Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
Paramore – Misery Business
Phish – Llama
Phoenix – Lasso
Police, The – Don’t Stand So Close to Me
Poni Hoax – Antibodies
Pretty Girls Make Graves – Something Bigger, Something Brighter
Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
Queens of the Stone Age – No One Knows
Rammstein – Du Hast
Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
Raveonettes – Last Dance
Rilo Kiley – Portions of Foxes
Riverboat Gamblers – Don’t Bury Me… I’m Still Not Dead
Roxette – The Look
Slipknot – Before I Forget
Smash Mouth – Walkin on the Sun
Smiths, The – Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One Before
Sounds, The – Living in America
Spacehog – In the Meantime
Steve Miller Band – Fly Like an Eagle
Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
Swingin’ Utters – This Bastard’s Life
Tears for Fears – Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Tegan and Sara – The Con
Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends
Tokio Hotel – Humanoid
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – I Need To Know
T-Rex – 20th Century Boy
Vines, The – Get Free
War – Low Rider
Warren Zevon – Werewolves of London
White Stripes, The – The Hardest Button to Button
Whitesnake – Here I Go Again
Who, The – I Can See For Miles
Yes – Roundabout
Plus, there's the new keyboard charting and peripheral as well as added harmonies like in Beatles: RB. I really can't wait.

Sven
08-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Big Country – In a Big Country
Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
Cure, The – Just Like Heaven
David Bowie – Space Oddity
Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
Dire Straits – Walk of Life
Doobie Brothers – China Grove
Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
J Geils Band - Centerfold
Smash Mouth – Walkin on the Sun
Smiths, The – Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One Before
Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
T-Rex – 20th Century Boy
Warren Zevon – Werewolves of London
Yes – Roundabout

These tracks indicate that the game will be mine. Finally, I can sing some Morrissey! That this track is featured gives me hope that more will be available further down the line.

D_Davis
08-20-2010, 09:47 PM
There is also a new, actually real guitar that can be used for "pro" mode or something. Looks crazy. One of them is actually made by Fender, and it should also work as a wicked-cool MIDI guitar. I may buy one just to use with my synths.

bac0n
08-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Rock Band 3 is totally going on the Christmas List.

Winston*
08-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Infamous' ending was lame. No more cliffhanger endings for video games please.

Entertaining game though, the sky lightning you get late in the game was especially fun.

EyesWideOpen
08-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Infamous' ending was lame. No more cliffhanger endings for video games please.

Entertaining game though, the sky lightning you get late in the game was especially fun.

I made it halfway through that game and then the repetitiveness of it overwhelmed me and I had to stop. It was fun for the first three or four hours though.

And I'm done with Rock Band, I've owned the first three Guitar Heroes, Rock Band 1 & 2 and Rock Band Beatles and I'm over it.

Winston*
08-21-2010, 01:27 AM
I made it halfway through that game and then the repetitiveness of it overwhelmed me and I had to stop. It was fun for the first three or four hours though.

I didn't think it was that repetitive. Some of the later levels are really cool. Stopped doing the side missions fairly early on though.

megladon8
08-21-2010, 01:28 AM
I just never really got into rhythm games much at all. I have "Guitar Hero 3" and honestly, I can only play the same songs so many times before it becomes a bore. I had no desire to beat everything on the highest difficulty or anything.

That being said, I really want to check out "DJ Hero" at some point. But it's more of a "I'd play it at a friend's house" type thing. I wouldn't drop $130 for it.

EyesWideOpen
08-21-2010, 01:29 AM
I just never really got into rhythm games much at all. I have "Guitar Hero 3" and honestly, I can only play the same songs so many times before it becomes a bore. I had no desire to beat everything on the highest difficulty or anything.

That being said, I really want to check out "DJ Hero" at some point. But it's more of a "I'd play it at a friend's house" type thing. I wouldn't drop $130 for it.

It's been on sale pretty much everywhere for under $50 for awhile now. I got a like new copy on ebay with turntable for $30 shipped probably six months ago.

megladon8
08-21-2010, 01:30 AM
It's been on sale pretty much everywhere for under $50 for awhile now. I got a like new copy on ebay with turntable for $30 shipped probably six months ago.

That's the USA.

Ezee E
08-21-2010, 02:55 AM
That's the USA.
NYC isn't too far away.

bac0n
08-21-2010, 11:47 AM
DJ Hero is the most fun I've had playing a rhythm game yet - and I've played Bust-A-Groove!

http://www.emuparadise.org/PSX/Covers/Bust-a-Groove%20%5BU%5D%20%5BSCUS-94263%5D-front.jpg

Dead & Messed Up
08-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Amazing trailer for Metroid: Other M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ruVuOI5Igo)

megladon8
08-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I went out for beers with a couple of friends last night, and one of them started talking about "World of Warcraft" and how much he has played it.

He has eight different characters, and has reached max level with all of them.

On just ONE of them, over an eight month period, he clocked in 1465 hours of gameplay.

This sounded like a helluva lot but didn't really mean much until I compared it to my own gameplay with "Battlefield: Bad Company 2", which is a game I felt like I played a lot...in fact at times I thought I played it way too much. I felt like I sunk an enormous chunk of my life into that game. I played it for a five month period, and ended up clocking a total of 116 hours.

So...I spent 5 months with "BC2" and clocked 116 hours.

He spent 8 months with "WoW" and clocked 1465 hours on just ONE account (of which he has 8).

My god...

megladon8
08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Amazing trailer for Metroid: Other M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ruVuOI5Igo)

Yeah, that was pretty rockin'.

She certainly plays it better than Jessica Simpson would :lol:

bac0n
08-21-2010, 08:46 PM
He spent 8 months with "WoW" and clocked 1465 hours on just ONE account (of which he has 8).

My god...

I'm surprised this fella could peel himself away from the computer long enough to go have a beer. Chances are he was chomping at the bit to get home and get right back at it.

You should watch the documentary Second Skin, which is about a dozen or so people in different situations, most of whose lives have been taken over completely by WoW and other MMOs. We're talking guys who literally wake up, fire up WoW and play for 16-18 hours straight until they can't keep their eyes open any more, pausing only to run to the bathroom or to grab chips & pop to throw down their gullets. They repeat this for days at a time.

It's kinda sad, cuz their obsession has ruined some of their lives, and seeing how much time they spend at it, I can understand how they would rack-up that massive amount of play time.

Scar
08-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Watching it on Netflix streaming right now.

Wow.

number8
08-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Mafia II is going to rape GTA so hard.

Watashi
08-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Anyone play Limbo yet?

I almost want to get a XBox360 just for it.

megladon8
08-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Anyone play Limbo yet?

I almost want to get a XBox360 just for it.

Yeah, played through it 3 times already.

It's quite something.

MacGuffin
08-22-2010, 06:10 PM
nE7wvGDARHU

Dukefrukem
08-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Meh...

Morris Schæffer
08-23-2010, 08:11 PM
I went on a crazy online shopping spree, but I should say that my brother will pay the biggest chunk. We bought:

Metro 2033
Just Cause 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Assassin's Creed 2
Alan Wake

MacGuffin
08-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Meh...

I think it looks amazing.

megladon8
08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I think that looks pretty neat.

D_Davis
08-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Finally finished up the game soundtrack tonight. Man, glad that's done. Not sure when the game will be out, but a soundtrack will soon follow. It mainly features a number of CSG remixes and variations, with a few new original tunes. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

megladon8
08-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Finally finished up the game soundtrack tonight. Man, glad that's done. Not sure when the game will be out, but a soundtrack will soon follow. It mainly features a number of CSG remixes and variations, with a few new original tunes. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

Have you gotten to see or play the game much? Does it seem like something your music will feel organic with?

D_Davis
08-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Have you gotten to see or play the game much? Does it seem like something your music will feel organic with?

I have. It feels OK. Some tracks definitely work better than others. If I was getting paid more, and had more time to focus on it, I'd write an entirely original score.

Morris Schæffer
08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Some surprisingly cold/muted first reviews for Mafia 2.

Dukefrukem
08-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Some surprisingly cold/muted first reviews for Mafia 2.

I played it at PAX and can confirm it is a very cold/muted game.

Morris Schæffer
08-24-2010, 05:05 PM
The secret Goldeneye island:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-6-pop-fiction/702736

Dukefrukem
08-24-2010, 07:11 PM
The secret Goldeneye island:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-6-pop-fiction/702736

Wow. Never heard of that ever. And I played the shit outta that game.

Ezee E
08-24-2010, 08:51 PM
I remember seeing it, but never hearing that you could get there. Never was able to beat all the missions on 00 Agent anyway.

Ivan Drago
08-25-2010, 04:44 AM
Super creepy but interesting Pokemon hack: http://tinycartridge.com/post/866743831/super-creepy-pokemon-hack

Milky Joe
08-25-2010, 05:06 AM
Yeah, pretty sure I surmised as much about that 'secret island' all the way back in 1998.

Getting Mew and Pikablu in the original Red/Blue Pokemon, however... I wasn't quite as sharp with that. Oh the hours I wasted trying to move that goddamn truck.

number8
08-25-2010, 05:50 PM
So this is quickly becoming a hot button issue. What's the consensus here on buying used games?

Scar
08-25-2010, 06:06 PM
So this is quickly becoming a hot button issue. What's the consensus here on buying used games?

I've got no problem with it. I've picked up quite a few from gamestop, as well as traded in several on Amazon.

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 06:06 PM

It's been an issue for years. Publishers have been trying everything they can to kill of the Gamestops of the world, and now they're doing by giving pack-in incentives - like exclusive levels, costumes, etc. - for purchasing new games.

Personally, I'm with Barty on this one. Let the market decide. :)

The music industry, with a charge led by Garth Brooks in the '90s, tried to kill off the sale of used music, and all they did was alienate their audience and look like a bunch douchebags.

bac0n
08-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I paid money for the game. I ought to be able to sell it when I don't want it any more, and likewise, buy games other people don't want. If the video game makers, don't like this, the solution is rather simple - make games that I'm less likely to grow tired of and want to get rid of after a few months.

number8
08-25-2010, 06:17 PM
It's been an issue for years. Publishers have been trying everything they can to kill of the Gamestops of the world, and now they're doing by giving pack-in incentives - like exclusive levels, costumes, etc. - for purchasing new games.

Well, incentives are one thing, but what if they start blocking content? Like needing one-time-use unlock codes for online multiplayer. It would basically create two versions of the games available on the market.

number8
08-25-2010, 06:25 PM
I paid money for the game. I ought to be able to sell it when I don't want it any more, and likewise, buy games other people don't want. If the video game makers, don't like this, the solution is rather simple - make games that I'm less likely to grow tired of and want to get rid of after a few months.

Right, but when you buy used games, 100% of your money would go to the sellers, not the developers. So since you're not giving them money for their games, are the developers obligated to treat you as valued customers?

number8
08-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Also, it's important to note that the video game industry relies solely on game sales, whereas musicians have concert sales and filmmakers have theatrical releases.

kopello
08-25-2010, 06:33 PM
I pretty much buy all my games used, or use Goozex (just started this recently and got Dragon Age Origins in last week). Handing over 60$ for a new game is a lot of money to me and it's not something I do often. I'm not sure of this but I think for Game of the Year Editions of stuff like Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 you get a code to use once to access all of the downloadable stuff that's in the GOTY version.

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 06:43 PM
A dealer/manufacturer of a car gets no money from a used car sold by owner.

The construction company of a house gets no money from the sale of an old house.

When I sold my couch on Craigslist, Macy's didn't get a cut.

When Goodwill sells clothes the original manufacturers don't get more money.

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Right, but when you buy used games, 100% of your money would go to the sellers, not the developers. So since you're not giving them money for their games, are the developers obligated to treat you as valued customers?

It creates secondary markets, which generates jobs, and taxes for communities.

Dukefrukem
08-25-2010, 06:48 PM
I pretty much buy all my games used, or use Goozex (just started this recently and got Dragon Age Origins in last week). Handing over 60$ for a new game is a lot of money to me and it's not something I do often. I'm not sure of this but I think for Game of the Year Editions of stuff like Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 you get a code to use once to access all of the downloadable stuff that's in the GOTY version.

Goozex is fantastic. and we are about to see a wave of bad news for people who buy used video games. EA and Sony are already on board.

number8
08-25-2010, 06:50 PM
D, I don't understand what your point is.

Ivan Drago
08-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah, pretty sure I surmised as much about that 'secret island' all the way back in 1998.

Getting Mew and Pikablu in the original Red/Blue Pokemon, however... I wasn't quite as sharp with that. Oh the hours I wasted trying to move that goddamn truck.

I got Mew no problem in Red/Blue. Oh the advantages of GameShark!

Dukefrukem
08-25-2010, 06:56 PM
I find it hard to imagine another industry that, confronted with a large secondary market eating into its profits, would fail to question the pricing and retention value of its products. I'm no economist, but if your product is fairly expensive for your target audience and offers no value beyond the dozen hours it takes to complete, a strong used market strikes me as the logical conclusion.

But game publishers turn to technology and moralizing to solve their problem, instead of looking into the cause. It's an industry so terrified of lowering prices that they'd rather cut a huge check and force a lower-priced competitor out of the market than fight them on their own terms (see NFL 2K vs. Madden).

The final say; if they start offering subscription fees (Sony) or a $10 use-game activation fee (EA) it will still not cause me to purchase new games. If anything, it will cause me to play less. The worst part; Mulitplayer Codes, "items" for new buyers, all to stop this horrible "piracy" that is used game sales from "pawn shops"

Yet, damn if I can't go into a Gamestop right this second and see a bunch of bonuses the developers who complain about used games throw right at Gamestop. I have this weird dissonance in seeing 'Oh god, they're killing our industry, here, let's give them more stuff!'

Ezee E
08-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I have yet to find a reason to pay $60 for a game when I can get it for $40 and only miss a costume. Now if Call of Duty says you'd have to pay $5-$10 for the multiplayer... I'd probably do it and still save $10

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 07:10 PM
D, I don't understand what your point is.

Developers and publishers main complaint is that they don't get any money from the secondary markets. Their plight is not unique.

Dukefrukem
08-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Developers and publishers main complaint is that they don't get any money from the secondary markets. Their plight is not unique.

It's not. And think about what else it damages in terms of total cost for gaming. If someone has a 360, you'd be paying the publisher for online play the game you just bought on the service you pay Microsoft for, so you can play your games online. All on the Internet connection that you pay another company for so that you can play your games online. Three charges for 1 game.

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Another problem the consumer faces is the lack of returns on games for being unsatisfied with the experience. With almost anything else - clothes, appliances, furniture, even some cars now - if the consumer is not satisfied with their purchase they can return and exchange the product for something else. Sometimes the retailers require a "restocking" fee, but there is almost always a time period given during which the costumer can return a product if it did not meet their standards. However, with games (and music, and DVDs) we cannot.

We are expected to shell out $60 for a product without the peace of mind of getting a quality product. I've purchased PC games before that simply would not run on my rig. I was stuck with the purchase - nothing I could do. I've purchased clothes before that once I got home I realized that I didn't like the way they fit, and I was able to return the item and exchange it for something else or get my money back. But for some reason, games are special.

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Shoot, I can go to a movie theater, pay $10-15, and if half way through the film I hate it, I can demand my money back from the theater. I've done it. However, if I go to Best Buy and buy the same movie on DVD, get home, watch it and hate it, all I can do with an opened movie is exchange it for the same item.

If I buy a game, and play it, and hate the controls, or the game play, I cannot return it and exchange it for a product that I want. Once you buy a game, that's it.

When Gamestop used to offer their 7-day, no questions asked return/exchange policy, I bought a heck of a lot more new games. I'd take chances on games because I knew I wouldn't get shafted. I don't take chances any more and I buy far fewer new games.

Ezee E
08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
I understand it for PC games for how easy it is to burn the games, but X-Box and PS3...

number8
08-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Shoot, I can go to a movie theater, pay $10-15, and if half way through the film I hate it, I can demand my money back from the theater. I've done it. However, if I go to Best Buy and buy the same movie on DVD, get home, watch it and hate it, all I can do with an opened movie is exchange it for the same item.

If I buy a game, and play it, and hate the controls, or the game play, I cannot return it and exchange it for a product that I want. Once you buy a game, that's it.

When Gamestop used to offer their 7-day, no questions asked return/exchange policy, I bought a heck of a lot more new games. I'd take chances on games because I knew I wouldn't get shafted. I don't take chances any more and I buy far fewer new games.

This sounds more like an incentive to rent/borrow games than to buy used. Because to me, if this happens, I don't really make the distinction between spending $60 on a new one or $45 on a used one. I still got gypped.

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 07:48 PM
This sounds more like an incentive to rent/borrow games than to buy used. Because to me, if this happens, I don't really make the distinction between spending $60 on a new one or $45 on a used one. I still got gypped.

Some stores offer an exchange/return policy on used games. They don't offer them on new games because the publishers don't allow retailers to return opened products unless they are "defective." And by "defective" I mean something messed up in the manufacturing process, and not "defective" in terms of a game sucking or being poorly developed/programmed.

Publishers have been trying to kill the rental market as well.

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Here's the deal - the issue is bigger than just the sell of used games.

Dukefrukem
08-25-2010, 07:54 PM
I understand it for PC games for how easy it is to burn the games, but X-Box and PS3...

360 is modded and so is the PS3 (http://psjailbreak.com/).

D_Davis
08-25-2010, 08:01 PM

There is a much bigger problem - the fact that the industry assumes that their customers are all dishonest thieves. That can't end well.

EyesWideOpen
08-26-2010, 12:59 AM
By the next system cycle we are likely to have everything be digital distribution so this problem will be moot. They will force us to buy new.

megladon8
08-26-2010, 01:11 AM
I like buying used games but I refuse to do it at a place like EB Games (Canada's GameStop).

I do it independently only.

Acapelli
08-26-2010, 03:25 AM
everyone with a ps3 get crash team racing RIGHT NOW

best kart racer ever

MacGuffin
08-26-2010, 03:42 AM

best kart racer ever

Is this the PS1 game? If so, yeah, I spent many, many hours playing that.

monolith94
08-26-2010, 03:43 AM
There may come a point in time where it's easier to pirate console games because of the new requirements pc games have where you need to be online so that an online program can authorize your game, whereas most console games don't assume that you're Xbox/Playstation is hooked up to the internet.

Milky Joe
08-26-2010, 03:45 AM

best kart racer ever

Yep... I just bought it for PSX a few weeks ago, actually, having not played it since it came out. I like how it took Diddy Kong Racing as a model... I loved the whole adventure aspect of it, something Mario Kart 64 lacked. Plus, regardless of bits, Playstation graphics > N64 graphics.

number8
08-26-2010, 01:15 PM
This so-called "controversy" over the latest Medal of Honor is proof that many people in this country are just looking for any excuse to stir up fear against Muslims.

IT'S FUCKING MULTIPLAYER. OF COURSE SOMEONE HAS TO PLAY THE TALIBAN. OTHERWISE THE MULTIPLAYER MODE WILL BE STRICTLY FRIENDLY FIRE. YOU STUPID FUCKS.

bac0n
08-26-2010, 01:21 PM

best kart racer ever

HERE COMES TINY!

KK2.0
08-26-2010, 09:45 PM
rented Just Cause 2, it's possibly the most fun i've had with a sandbox game, dunno if i'm going to finish it, but i'm 20 hours in and looking for more. And it didn't even try to add a "film caliber" story or any sort of fluff, in fact, the game focused on the right element imo: it's like playing with action figures in a huge toy world. There are several aspects to it that could be improved, but it already proved itself to be a franchise i'd keep an eye from now on.

This so-called "controversy" over the latest Medal of Honor is proof that many people in this country are just looking for any excuse to stir up fear against Muslims.

IT'S FUCKING MULTIPLAYER. OF COURSE SOMEONE HAS TO PLAY THE TALIBAN. OTHERWISE THE MULTIPLAYER MODE WILL BE STRICTLY FRIENDLY FIRE. YOU STUPID FUCKS.

I thought it actually showed a Taleban character's story in the single player campaign. If that's the case, than EA has bigger balls than i ever thought, but if it's only multiplayer than fuck it.

Scar
08-26-2010, 10:06 PM
That reminds me. After I fly home tomorrow, I'm going to play 'No Russian' again.

number8
08-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I thought it actually showed a Taleban character's story in the single player campaign. If that's the case, than EA has bigger balls than i ever thought, but if it's only multiplayer than fuck it.

No, in single player you mostly play as a Special Op doing missions, while sometimes you switch to an Army Ranger in the middle of huge battles. You can only play as a Taliban in the online mode. Exactly why the controversy is fucking stupid.

Morris Schæffer
08-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I finally went online with CoD: MW2 and it's tremendous fun. Really quite amazed at all the various maps, they're all totally ace!

bac0n
08-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Man, I'm running out of things to do in RDR. I've beat the game, completed all the stranger missions, and have been spending the last couple of times playing just wandering around doing bounty hunter missions. The game, its world, the atmosphere, the feel of the thing has me so hooked, tho, that I just can't put it down. I don't think I've felt this way about a game since, sheesh, SSX3.

Skitch
08-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I really want 100% on Arkham Asylum, but good god are these fighting challenges tough! Also, anyone know where the secret #24 spirit of Arkham is?

Dukefrukem
08-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I really want 100% on Arkham Asylum, but good god are these fighting challenges tough! Also, anyone know where the secret #24 spirit of Arkham is?

That's the hardest part of the game IMO. I tried for a while but gave up.

number8
08-27-2010, 03:06 PM
I got 100% :)

I don't remember which Arkham is where though. Just find the map.

MacGuffin
08-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I stopped playing Arkham Asylum for a while. I was getting terribly bored with the combat and there was too little stealth. Overall, the game was frustratingly easy. I'll probably pick it up again sometime though and finish it, because the art design is incredible—walking into the Batcave in the cove area by the shore is just an incredible video game set piece.

Ivan Drago
08-27-2010, 03:55 PM
I still have my original PS1 copy of Crash Team Racing. That and Mario Kart 64 are my two favorite kart racing games ever.

Skitch
08-27-2010, 04:19 PM
I got 100% :)

I don't remember which Arkham is where though. Just find the map.

I have 100% of the Riddler's things found or solved. But there's an extra Spirit of Arkham that isn't on any map. I'm sure I can find it online, I just was curious what it was.

And as for the last page's conversation of used games...the last new game I bought was Perfect Dark for N64. I'm a gamer, not a millionaire. I'm not stealing or downloading or anything (arguably) illegal. Trying to take used games away from me will kill my gaming. Luckily for me, online seems to be the only place where they can stick it to the gamers, and I hate online play. :)

Scar
08-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Man, I'm running out of things to do in RDR. I've beat the game, completed all the stranger missions, and have been spending the last couple of times playing just wandering around doing bounty hunter missions. The game, its world, the atmosphere, the feel of the thing has me so hooked, tho, that I just can't put it down. I don't think I've felt this way about a game since, sheesh, SSX3.

Kill all the bison for a trophy. Its more appropriate if you use the buffalo gun.

D_Davis
08-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Crash Team and Diddy Kong for me.

Ivan Drago
08-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Crash Team and Diddy Kong for me.

Diddy Kong was fun too! I played it for the first time after Conker's Bad Fur Day came out, and seeing Conker on the character selection screen made me go, "WTF?"

Winston*
08-28-2010, 01:41 AM
The final act of Bioshock 2 was really good, definitely better than final act of the first one.

Sven
08-28-2010, 01:52 AM
The final act of Bioshock 2 was really good, definitely better than final act of the first one.

Good to hear. The last part of BioShock was weak weak weak. Lame story and too easy. Game is good though.

megladon8
08-28-2010, 01:54 AM
I hope "Bioshock: Infinite" will be able to return that sense of wonder and amazement to the franchise.

"Bioshock 2" was good fun but the world was significantly less enthralling.

Which makes sense, and was something I expected.

EyesWideOpen
08-29-2010, 07:50 PM
One thing that sucks about digital distribution is that you can't give things away if you don't like them. I bought Scott Pilgrim for XBLA played for thirty minutes and have no interest in every playing it again. I would love to be able to gift it to someone who might get some enjoyment out of it.

Winston*
08-29-2010, 10:17 PM
One thing that sucks about digital distribution is that you can't give things away if you don't like them. I bought Scott Pilgrim for XBLA played for thirty minutes and have no interest in every playing it again. I would love to be able to gift it to someone who might get some enjoyment out of it.

Are you able to put your XBox account on someone else's X-Box and download it again there? I've done that for PSN games.

I thought the Scott Pilgrim demo was boring. Don't dig that nostalgia gaming.

Milky Joe
08-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Got two games yesterday with in-store credit. Yoshi's Island for SNES and Metroid Prime for Gamecube. Got home, realized I can't play my SNES on the new TV without S-Video cables and that I still don't have a Gamecube memory card (playing it on a Wii). Le sigh.

megladon8
08-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Got two games yesterday with in-store credit. Yoshi's Island for SNES and Metroid Prime for Gamecube. Got home, realized I can't play my SNES on the new TV without S-Video cables and that I still don't have a Gamecube memory card (playing it on a Wii). Le sigh.

Have you never played "Metroid Prime" before?

Prepare to be wow'd. Greatest game ever created, IMO.

Skitch
08-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Prepare to be wow'd. Greatest game ever created, IMO.

While I would disagee with this choice personally, I would never attempt to argue it. A perfectly valid personal opinion. (it would make my top ten all time but not the #1).

Freaking amazing game.

P.S. - I found the 24h Spirit of Arkham.

Dukefrukem
08-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Wouldn't be in my top 50.

megladon8
08-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Wouldn't be in my top 50.

Yeah but we really don't have the same taste in games at all.

Milky Joe
08-30-2010, 01:55 AM
I think I played a demo of it a long while back. But yeah, never had a Gamecube when it came out. I look forward to playing it, though. It seems almost universally praised.

megladon8
08-30-2010, 02:32 AM
I think I played a demo of it a long while back. But yeah, never had a Gamecube when it came out. I look forward to playing it, though. It seems almost universally praised.

It's my #1 game of all time, so yeah, I definitely feel the praise is deserved.

Morris Schæffer
08-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Metroid Prime. Goddamn what an experience. I'm still baffled how any company can create such a sprawling, mesmerizingly interconnected game. And those boss battles, hard fo sure, but benefiting from such terrific design ideas that it's your own damn fault if you bite the bullet.

Morris Schæffer
08-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Valve CEO Gabe Newell on Half-Life the movie:

Valve’s CEO and co-founder, Gabe Newell, has told PC Gamer that the only way there’d be a Half-Life movie would be if Valve made it themselves. He also said they’ve been experimenting with doing just that.
Tom interviewed the living daylights out of Gabe, and came up with the whole history behind the Half-Life movie – it turns out that they were approached by lots of rubbish proposals for movie cash-ins, and felt that the only creative team that could do it justice was Valve itself. Here’s the full quote from Gabe:
“As a WoW player, I would much rather that the WoW team made the movie, right? Than anybody else. I like Sam Raimi, I’ve been a fan ever since Evil Dead came out, but I would rather see Blizzard making the movie. We think that customers are like, ‘OK, we’re kind of sick and tired of the way you guys are slicing and dicing the experience of being a fan of Harry Potter, or Half-Life, or The Incredibles, and you need to fix it.’ And the people that fix it will be rewarded, and the people that don’t will be on the rubbish heap of history, or whatever the phrase is.
“Where we got into this direction was after Half-Life 1 had shipped. There was a whole bunch of meetings with people from Hollywood. Directors down there wanted to make a Half-Life movie and stuff, so they’d bring in a writer or some talent agency would bring in writers, and they would pitch us on their story. And their stories were just so bad. I mean, brutally, the worst. Not understanding what made the game a good game, or what made the property an interesting thing for people to be a fan of.
“That’s when we started saying ‘Wow, the best thing we could ever do is to just not do this as a movie, or we’d have to make it ourselves.’ And I was like, ‘Make it ourselves? Well that’s impossible.’ But the Team Fortress 2 thing, the Meet The Team shorts, is us trying to explore that.”
This is just the tip of the iceberg of stuff Tom uncovered on his trip to see Valve this month. Our Valve Issue is about to hit shelves and appear in our online shop (http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gaming/pc-gamer-magazine-back-issues/) from the 1st of September – subscribers should be expecting it to materialise in their circle of deadly hero power crystals any day now.

Dukefrukem
08-30-2010, 04:56 PM
bad news XBLers... subscription rates are going up... for no apparent reason.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4941690833_982790551c_o.jpg

megladon8
08-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Metroid Prime. Goddamn what an experience. I'm still baffled how any company can create such a sprawling, mesmerizingly interconnected game. And those boss battles, hard fo sure, but benefiting from such terrific design ideas that it's your own damn fault if you bite the bullet.

It's also one of the most atmospheric games ever created.

I'm listening to the OST as we speak. Incredible music, coupled with the stunning visuals. It still looks great today.

I loved all those subtle bits of polish the visuals had that took it from being a "really good" looking game to a "pushing-the-boundaries, great" looking game. The way Samus' visor was constantly being affected by the environment around her; the way the x-ray visor showed the bones in her hand moving meticulously as you change or fire your weapon. It's just amazing.

MacGuffin
08-30-2010, 06:21 PM
bad news XBLers... subscription rates are going up... for no apparent reason.

I'm glad I don't subscribe to that shit anymore.

D_Davis
08-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I just turned off my auto-renewal the other day.

EyesWideOpen
08-31-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't understand why anyone would auto-renew on XBL. At least a couple times a year you can find 12 months cards for $30 or less.

megladon8
08-31-2010, 02:33 AM
I used to auto-renew with a 3 month subscription.

I've never seen a deal like that here in Canada, EWO. I would be all over that.

Ezee E
08-31-2010, 03:02 AM
I don't understand why anyone would auto-renew on XBL. At least a couple times a year you can find 12 months cards for $30 or less.
Yeah, never seen that either. At least, not that good of a pricepoint.

EyesWideOpen
08-31-2010, 05:02 AM
Check cheapassgamer on a regular basis if your looking for stuff like that especially around holiday time.

Milky Joe
08-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Boy, that new Metroid game sure looks like a piece of crap.

Dukefrukem
08-31-2010, 12:00 PM
http://gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Componen ts.WeblogFiles/00.00.00.00.06/8883.Tron-Collectors.jpg

megladon8
08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Boy, that new Metroid game sure looks like a piece of crap.

I haven't read a single negative review for it.

Milky Joe
08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Honestly, I'm not surprised.

Milky Joe
09-01-2010, 06:03 AM
http://g4tv.com/videos/48319/Metroid-Other-M-Review/

Sven
09-01-2010, 06:42 AM
http://g4tv.com/videos/48319/Metroid-Other-M-Review/

They really sold me on that story. She makes a good point about Samus being the only previously non-sexualized female video game character, like, ever.

Dukefrukem
09-01-2010, 02:41 PM
R1Hm4K5_Pr0

Morris Schæffer
09-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I oh so proudly present:

Batman: Arkham City

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_batman_arkham_city_images-9889_en.html

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_batman_arkham_city-13634-2101_0020.jpg

Motherfocker!

Morris Schæffer
09-01-2010, 07:08 PM
And in other news, Treasure's Bangaio will come to XBLA:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=262426

EyesWideOpen
09-01-2010, 09:45 PM
They got the Darwyn Cooke Catwoman perfectly, that's exactly how she should look.

number8
09-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, very nice. Oh god, their Harley is beyond hot.

EyesWideOpen
09-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah, very nice. Oh god, their Harley is beyond hot.

I like how they slimmed her down, she was way too muscular in the first game.

D_Davis
09-01-2010, 10:56 PM
And in other news, Treasure's Bangaio will come to XBLA:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=262426

Watched the video on 1Up today.

The original Bangai-O is one of the best games I've ever played. Can't wait for this.

We need more shmups on XBLA. Where the hell are all the Cave games? I hear that DoDonPachi Resurrection is coming sometime. Now that would be amazing.

Milky Joe
09-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Have you played Bangai-O Spirits, Davis? It's like the video-game version of multiple orgasms. Each stage is like a concussive, tightly focused orgasm. It's beautiful.

D_Davis
09-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Have you played Bangai-O Spirits, Davis? It's like the video-game version of multiple orgasms. Each stage is like a concussive, tightly focused orgasm. It's beautiful.

I have, but I couldn't get into it for some reason. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

megladon8
09-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Just for shits and giggles (and since I had been talking about "Metroid Prime" being my favorite game) here is a list of my top 20 games of all time. They're in no real order. Many of the PC games are games I haven't played in 10 years or more, but I sure as hell played them a lot.

"Unreal" has the best video game soundtrack of all time.

Metroid Prime (GC)
Zombies at My Neighbours (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Turok 2: The Seeds of Evil (N64)
Deadly Tide (PC)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC)
The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PC)
Unreal Tournament (PC)
Unreal (PC)
Fallout 3 (360)
SSX Tricky (GC)
The Call of Cthulhu: The Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Gran Turismo (PSX)
StarCraft (PC)
Mega Man X (SNES)
Riven: The Sequel to Myst (PC)

Lasse
09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
A few months ago I got a PS3, and tomorrow I'm hooking it up to the 'net - I need a longer network cable - and I borrowed Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, both of which I can't wait to play...

And still, all I really want to know is, are the original Crash Bandicoot games in the Playstation Store so that I can buy them? I love those games so dearly. :lol:

EDIT: Oh wait, it looks like they are. Yay!

Dukefrukem
09-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Just for shits and giggles (and since I had been talking about "Metroid Prime" being my favorite game) here is a list of my top 20 games of all time. They're in no real order. Many of the PC games are games I haven't played in 10 years or more, but I sure as hell played them a lot.

"Unreal" has the best video game soundtrack of all time.

Metroid Prime (GC)
Zombies at My Neighbours (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Turok 2: The Seeds of Evil (N64)
Deadly Tide (PC)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC)
The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PC)
Unreal Tournament (PC)
Unreal (PC)
Fallout 3 (360)
SSX Tricky (GC)
The Call of Cthulhu: The Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Gran Turismo (PSX)
StarCraft (PC)
Mega Man X (SNES)
Riven: The Sequel to Myst (PC)

Awesome list. The bolded 7 would be on mine. And I love props you gave to SSX, that wouldn't be on my list, but that's a damn fun game that I spent hours with.

Dukefrukem
09-02-2010, 01:58 PM
A few months ago I got a PS3, and tomorrow I'm hooking it up to the 'net - I need a longer network cable - and I borrowed Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, both of which I can't wait to play...

And still, all I really want to know is, are the original Crash Bandicoot games in the Playstation Store so that I can buy them? I love those games so dearly. :lol:

I think the first one is on there.

Add me; PSN; Dukefrukem

Lasse
09-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Add me; PSN; Dukefrukem

Will do, as soon as I get it to work. Seems like my internet provider only lets me have one machine on the connection, so I probably need to get me a wireless router or something.

EDIT: Wow, Arkham Asylum is actually sort of great. I'm going to play the shit out of it this weekend.

Acapelli
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM

crash team racing was just added recently, which was the last crash-related game that naughty dog worked on

scott pilgrim is a lot of fun. hard, but fun

Ivan Drago
09-02-2010, 03:56 PM
My favorites off the top of my head are:

Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)
Paper Mario (N64)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
Twisted Metal: Black (PS2)
The Sims (PC)
Madden NFL 2005 (PS2)
Tecmo Super Bowl III (Genesis)
Mega Man X (SNES)
Spider-Man (PS1)

Morris Schæffer
09-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking of doing a top 40 memorable videogames list. What's weird - or perhaps not - is that I seem to remember the oldies with greater fondness than newer releases. Even brilliant new releases that I've loved playing. But isn't it the same with movies?

number8
09-02-2010, 04:19 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Pulseman_box_art.jpg

Milky Joe
09-02-2010, 06:34 PM
http://www.robotvsbadger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ecco-the-dolphin-megadrive.jpg

D_Davis
09-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Top 20 games, off the top of my head, not really any any order except the top 5:

1. Street Fighter II and IV (and related)
2. Tomb Raider 1
3. Diablo II
4. Half Life II
5. Fallout 3

Secret of Mana
Metroid
Geometry Wars Evolved
DoDonPachi
Guwange
Radiant Silvergun
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Secret of Mana
Torchlight
Systemshock II
Bangai-O
R-Type Delta
Resident Evil IV

bac0n
09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
bac0n's favorite games (so far) by system

Atari 2600
Warlords, Pitfall, Chopper Command

NES
Megaman 2, Tecmo Bowl, Pro-Wrestling

Sega Genesis
Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Super Street Fighter 2, Mutant League Football

Playstation
Crash Team Racing, Fire Prowrestling Z, Tekken (2-3)

N64
Mario Kart 64, Virtual Pro-Wrestling 2, Pokemon Stadium

PS2
GTA3, Karaoke Revolution (1-3), SSX (Tricky, & 3), Godzilla: Save the Earth, RE4, King of Colosseum 2

GameCube
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, X-Men: Legends (1-2), Mario Kart Double Dash

XBox 360
Bioshock, DJ Hero, Left 4 Dead (1-2), GTA4, SF4

PS3
Little Big Planet, Read Dead Redemption, ModNation Racers

Sycophant
09-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Sycophant's favorite games, kind of sort of off the top of my head not in the most strict of orders, surely with glaring omissions:

Shing Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Sin & Punishment
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 2
The Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Super Mario Bros. 3
Bayonetta
Viewtiful Joe
Lemmings
Final Fantasy VI
We <3 Katamari
God Hand
killer7
Shadow of the Colossus
Fantasy Zone
Warcraft 2
Canabalt

Man, I just know I'm missing a lot of good shit. Anyway. I like all those games a lot.

Winston*
09-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Started playing Dragon Age: Origins. Really enjoying it. My elf mage saved a bunch of werewolves from a forrest curse, what did you do today?

Final Fantasy VII is my favourite.

Lasse
09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
crash team racing was just added recently, which was the last crash-related game that naughty dog worked on

I'll be getting that one as well.

In Batman: Arkham Asylum I just came to the Scarecrow bit and the Morgue scene and I can officially say that this game is great!

Scar
09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Final Fantasy VII is my favourite.

The amount of time I logged in that game is insane. Lost track of how many times I beat it, but I did beat all three Weapons.

D_Davis
09-02-2010, 11:06 PM
I loved the hype and culture around FFVII. Man, those were fun times. Living with my band mates, counting down the days on the calendar, and then lining up at like 6 in the morning to get it. Those first couple weeks with the game were amazing. It's not my favorite traditional JRPG (that would probably be Wild Arms), but it is one of my favorite times I've had around a game.

Scar
09-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Sephiroth's music was and still is, bad ass.

Dukefrukem
09-03-2010, 12:28 AM
F it, I'm gonna make a top 20 video game list too.

MacGuffin
09-03-2010, 12:28 AM

Do it.

Spaceman Spiff
09-03-2010, 01:04 AM
I was going to do that too (or at least I said I would), but never got around to it as I can't be bothered to do write-ups. Was going to do an entire thread thingy about it too, but pfeh.

megladon8
09-03-2010, 01:06 AM
I've been pondering doing a list of my top 20 favorite musical scores for video games.

Hint: "Unreal" is #1.

Hint: "Metroid Prime" is #2.

Hint: I like waffles.

Morris Schæffer
09-03-2010, 10:46 AM

I'll read it.

But you maje sure you'll read mine provided I'll do one. :)

Dukefrukem
09-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I shall Morris. I shall.

IouhLjSrYNk

Acapelli
09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
eh, i still don't see myself getting the move anytime soon, but it looks infinitely better than the retarded kinect

there was this giant screen playing a commercial for it near penn station in manhattan and i have to say, it's one of the dumbest looking things i've ever seen. shit is eyetoy level stupid looking

Morris Schæffer
09-03-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_duke_nukem_forever_coming _in_2011-9911_en.html

Eh, it's coming!

Milky Joe
09-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Mega Man Universe (http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/video/gmw/docs/391/561/html/mmu09.flv.html)

megladon8
09-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Mega Man Universe (http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/video/gmw/docs/391/561/html/mmu09.flv.html)

I really don't like that graphical style at all.

Is this a full retail release game, or something that'll be on XBLA/PSN/WiiWare?

EyesWideOpen
09-04-2010, 01:15 AM
I don't know who the audience this Kinect and Move stuff is for. Their obviously going for the non gamer/Wii audience crowd but I don't see those people dropping $150-200 just for peripherals for an existing system. I can almost guarantee both of these will bomb hard.

megladon8
09-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah, at first I was expecting 360 to totally pimp out some kind of "Halo"-related Kinect support.

But no...we get "Kinectanimals" or whatever.

Watashi
09-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Kinectimals is the shit.

Don't ever badmouth it again.

number8
09-04-2010, 01:27 PM
That's exactly the impression I got playing Move.

"This... This is kind of like playing a Wii. No, not kind of. This is exactly what playing a Wii feels like. What the?"

Watashi
09-04-2010, 07:39 PM
What's the buzz on the new Spiderman game that comes out next week?

I've been hoping for a good Spiderman game (though I heard Web of Shadows was decent) for so long.

The concept of this new game looks awesome.

megladon8
09-04-2010, 07:42 PM
What's the buzz on the new Spiderman game that comes out next week?

I've been hoping for a good Spiderman game (though I heard Web of Shadows was decent) for so long.

The concept of this new game looks awesome.

I haven't read any reviews yet.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Like you, I can't wait for a good current-gen Spider-Man game.

I really liked "Ultimate Spider-Man" on the original XBOX.

Watashi
09-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I haven't read any reviews yet.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Like you, I can't wait for a good current-gen Spider-Man game.

I really liked "Ultimate Spider-Man" on the original XBOX.
The voice cast alone has me sold.

Morris Schæffer
09-05-2010, 06:45 AM
I think Mortal Kombat might be well and truly back!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-mortal-kombat/704071

number8
09-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Huh. That actually looks good.

megladon8
09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Those graphics are fantastic.

Scar
09-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Just beat Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran. Oofda.

megladon8
09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Just beat Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran. Oofda.

Yeah, that's not too easy.

I beat that, but I still can't be "Halo 3" on Legendary.

megladon8
09-06-2010, 06:24 PM
3MJbPUzHsgI

Everything you need to know about the Halo universe before "Halo: Reach" comes out - all in 5 minutes!

Morris Schæffer
09-07-2010, 06:33 AM
I gave up on that video when it shifted focus to the internal struggle of the Covenant. Wonderful adversaries, very memorable, but Halo 2 really bored me with its storyline. And I flatout disliked playing with the covenant.

Morris Schæffer
09-07-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm still trying to understand how there have been zero replies to the fact that Duke Nukem Forever is actually coming out in 2011 by Gearbox Software.

IT'S COMING!!!

Stay Puft
09-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Always bet on Duke.

(Gearbox's involvement has been known for quite some time, just not officially announced until this week. There was a nasty bit of legal business with the publisher last year, and the game actually continued development independently during that time by some of the severed 3D Realms staff who refused to let the dream die. Quite an amusing journey this game has had.)

Ivan Drago
09-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I'll believe it when I see it on sale at Best Buy.

Morris Schæffer
09-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Call of Duty: Black Ops voiced by Mr. Ed Harris and Mr. Gary Oldman. David Goyer scripts.

number8
09-07-2010, 12:16 PM
At this point, Duke Nukem Forever can go fuck off.

Dukefrukem
09-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm still trying to understand how there have been zero replies to the fact that Duke Nukem Forever is actually coming out in 2011 by Gearbox Software.

IT'S COMING!!!

Yeh I've been posting pretty ferociously on my gaming forum about this.

It's no coincidence my handle is "Dukefrukem". I will be buying and I will be playing.

megladon8
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
I like what Zero Punctuation said about "Duke Nukem Forever".

There's no way in hell it's going to live up to 12 years of hype. It will be a disappointment, guaranteed.

Dukefrukem
09-07-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't think people are expecting to be amazing by DNF anymore. The joke has lived on and I think people just want to play what was Duke. Give us some campy one liners and let us pee on dead aliens and I'm good to go.

D_Davis
09-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah I don't know anyone who thinks DNF will be amazing because of 12 years of hype. The hype was killed off years ago. Just approach it as yet another game - maybe it will be good, maybe it won't. Don't build up expectations, and then you won't be disappointed if you play it.

Dukefrukem
09-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Couple of bullets about DNF;

1. It was restarted from scratch at least 3 times using different engines. So that dev cycle isn't real.

2. Gearbox, makers of Borderlands and Brothers in Arms, now owns the IP.

3. Members of the team that is finishing Duke Nukem Forever were originally working on it in the late 90's... which is awesome.

4. It will be ported to PS3 and 360, having PC be the major platform, and since Gearbox has already dealt with Steam, the chances of DNF being on steam is high.

5. It may have an AO on steam, and M ratings on PS3 and 360... all rumors currently.

D_Davis
09-07-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't know if they'll end up keeping this, but I loved the idea about the beginning. Originally they had DNF starting off with the final boss fight from the last game, complete with original old-school graphics and sounds. And then as you beat down the boss, the old graphics slowly gave way to new, and same with the sounds. It sounded like a really neat idea - you were basically playing through the graphical evolution of games from the time between DN releases. That's very creative.

Morris Schæffer
09-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Loved Braid?

Here's the first info on Jonathan Blow's new game The Witness:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-07-braid-creator-shows-off-new-game

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/9/9/1/6/9/7/ss_preview_tw_house_interior_3 .jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/9/9/1/6/9/7/ss_preview_tw_sculpors_studio_ v02_color.jpg.jpg?slideshow=tr ue

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/9/9/1/6/9/7/ss_preview_tw_turret_interior1 .jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

A murder mystery perhaps?

bac0n
09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Beat God of War 3 - fun game, but like the other two, glad I borrowed it instead of buying it. Details follow in spoiler tags:

The Good - the epic scale of the God/Titan battles, in particular Kronos and Hades. The parts where you flew up and down the pit from Olympia and Tarturus, especially when you had to dodge the huge lava rocks, were wild, twitchy fun. The Nemean Cestus are fun weapons. The level design and scale of the game is breathtaking.

The Bad - Aphrodite. Lame. Some of the puzzles got to be tiresome.

The Ugly - The gruesome fates of Helios and Hermes. Yikes.

Next up - Batman: AA and Rock Band 2 are in the mail. Gonna pick up where I left off in ModNation Racers in the mean time.

Winston*
09-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Bought the latest Ratchet and Clank game and rented the Quest for Booty mini game to play before hand. These games are fun.

megladon8
09-08-2010, 04:11 AM
dp9Zan5BpFk

This is a an interesting departure from Bungie's typical action bombast with their live-action advertisements for "Halo" games.

Acapelli
09-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Bought the latest Ratchet and Clank game and rented the Quest for Booty mini game to play before hand. These games are fun.
very fun

looking forward to the multiplayer dealy that they're releasing soon

Skitch
09-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Playing through RE5 on difficult, I'm about 3/4ths done, and it hasn't been noticably harder than 'normal'. Curious.

Morris Schæffer
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Took a break from Cod: MW 2 multiplayer with Aliens VS predator on the 360. Now, the game received merely decent reviews, but after only 2 or 3 beeps of the motion tracker I'm already massively on edge. Mommy!

D_Davis
09-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Hey guys. I've got lots of game stuff (many collectible, niche games) for sale if anyone is interested:

Dreamcast w/ the following -

2 controllers - work

1 mega memory card

Games:

Bomberman online
Draconus
Blue Stinger
Power Stone
Sega GT
Fur Fighter
Mars Matrix
Illbleed
Sonic Adventure 2
Crazy Taxi
Worms Armageddon
Jet Grin Radio
Space Channel 5
Rayman 2
Sword of the Berserk
Toy Commander
Rainbow 6
Red Dog
Soul Fighter
Zombie Revenge
Elemental Gimmick Gear
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue
Phantasy Star Online
MDK 2
Grandia II
Shadow Man

Plus lots of extras.

$200

Ikaruga - DC - $50
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002G5HXNY/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Tail Concerto - PS1 - $25
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00001ZUHU/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Strikers 1945 - PS1 - $25
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005B2CW/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

R-Type Delta - PS1 - $40
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00002STPR/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Strider 2 - PS1 - $30
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004SWLY/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Raycrises - PS1 - $25
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004XOM7/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Raystorm - PS1 - $25
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00002SWCI/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Silhouette Mirage - PS1 - $25
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000K1W9/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Thunderforce V - PS1 - $25
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00002STPU/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Shining the Holy Ark - Saturn - $35
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004SW24/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Enemy Zero - Saturn - $30
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000BWDKR2/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Shinobi - Saturn - $30
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004SVZA/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Nights (never opened) w/ 3D Controller - Saturn - $75
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0009VM2Y2/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Guardian Heroes - Saturn - $75
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004SVZT/?seller=AX4APH7YXNU8O

Let me know if you want anything.

Skitch
09-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Thought of another game that would make my top 25: Return Fire.

Qrazy
09-10-2010, 08:04 PM
The Room: The Game (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/547307)

Kurosawa Fan
09-10-2010, 08:37 PM
That's as unbearable as the movie.

D_Davis
09-12-2010, 03:13 AM
Anyone here play Darksiders? Man, it's pretty sweet so far. It's a mix between Zelda and God of War. I like that, unlike the Zelda games, it's fully voice-acted, and darker, a little more visceral, and I think that the story is more interesting. However, it's still really colorful - they didn't slather everything in brown like so many other "mature" games. The combat is fun, and there seems to be some good exploration, although it is not an open world game at all. The levels are self-contained, at least so far. I'm getting the same kind of vibe I got off of Beyond Good and Evil. My only complaint is that the controls are a little cumbersome. It controls well, it just uses every single freaking button on the controller, in multiple combinations.

megladon8
09-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Anyone here play Darksiders? Man, it's pretty sweet so far. It's a mix between Zelda and God of War. I like that, unlike the Zelda games, it's fully voice-acted, and darker, a little more visceral, and I think that the story is more interesting. However, it's still really colorful - they didn't slather everything in brown like so many other "mature" games. The combat is fun, and there seems to be some good exploration, although it is not an open world game at all. The levels are self-contained, at least so far. I'm getting the same kind of vibe I got off of Beyond Good and Evil. My only complaint is that the controls are a little cumbersome. It controls well, it just uses every single freaking button on the controller, in multiple combinations.

I've heard great things about this one. It seems to have been one of the sleeper-hits of the year.

Everyone I know who played it said it was great fun and a cool universe.

Morris Schæffer
09-12-2010, 08:11 AM
No, haven't played Darksiders. I'm playing the alien campaign right now of Aliens vs. Predator and it seems I need to readjust me preconceptions a bit. Playing as the xenomorph ain't half bad. Not nearly. There are cool ideas such as hitting lights with your tail to engulfe the area in near darkness. But it's equally cool to be able to continue the marine or Predator campaign in midgame. And the alien controls can be tricky, but I gotta say I'm experiencing no problems with them. Visually, it may not be top tier, but it does what it needs to do to immerse the player methinks and the lighting is great! The Marine campaign is awesome so far. The missions may be meh, but the game drips with atmosphere, the titular foes so legendary that my nerves were on edge as soon as the motion tracker started beeping, mere minutes into the game.

EyesWideOpen
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I loved Darksiders. I had more fun with it then I did with God of War III which was good but didn't have close to the amount of depth that Darksiders did.

I finally finished up Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition. Final play time was 82 hours. I did pretty much every thing you can do in the game and I still didn't hit the level cap until I was on the last few Broken Steel missions.

megladon8
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
JEHPwAvrc_U

I want to play this...

Dukefrukem
09-13-2010, 12:04 AM

I posted pages back how good Darksiders is. It borrows from like, 6 games, but it's fun as hell.

megladon8
09-13-2010, 12:09 AM
"Halo: Reach" on Tuesday!

F- Yeah!!

Pre-ordered it. Got $10 off for paying in advance. Can't freaking wait.

Dukefrukem
09-13-2010, 12:27 AM
"Halo: Reach" on Tuesday!

F- Yeah!!

Pre-ordered it. Got $10 off for paying in advance. Can't freaking wait.

Not sure if this applies in Canada, but you could have got $20 credit (http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA20M).

megladon8
09-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Not sure if this applies in Canada, but you could have got $20 credit (http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA20M).

Nah, that's only in the USA. Thanks anyways :)

Morris Schæffer
09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
On September 13th, 1985, Super Mario Bros was released in Japan. Today is Mario's 25th birthday.

PRESS START TO PLAY

WOOHOO

http://www.2-game.be/games/Super%20Mario%20Bros.jpg

http://universaldork.files.wordpress. com/2009/10/ron-jeremy-super-mario.jpg?w=420

Dukefrukem
09-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Nah, that's only in the USA. Thanks anyways :)

Man you guys get screwed out of all the good deals.