PDA

View Full Version : Video Games...Discuss Them

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127

Scar
11-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Three in a row!

What do y'all think the best RPG's available for the PS2/PS3 are?

megladon8
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Three in a row!

What do y'all think the best RPG's available for the PS2/PS3 are?

I know "Final Fantasy X" is supposed to be incredible - it's from 2001, but a lot of people still say it's the best FF game after number 7.

Also "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" for PS3 is again supposed to be incredible. It's an absolutely huge game - like 200+ hours.

"Suikoden 3" for PS2 also got really good reviews, if you like anime RPGs.

I also remember those "Dark Cloud" games getting stellar reviews.

Scar
11-28-2007, 03:40 PM
I know "Final Fantasy X" is supposed to be incredible - it's from 2001, but a lot of people still say it's the best FF game after number 7.

It was pretty damn good. Tried playing it again, but couldn't get back into it.

Also "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" for PS3 is again supposed to be incredible. It's an absolutely huge game - like 200+ hours.

This game rocks, hard. My character is maxed out right now, I should go back and close a bunch of Hell gates.

"Suikoden 3" for PS2 also got really good reviews, if you like anime RPGs.

I heard about that. Might be something worth checking out. I also have an itch to try Okami, but it might be slightly difficult to find, outside of e-bay.

D_Davis
11-28-2007, 03:57 PM
If you like strategy RPGs, like Final Fantasy Tactics, then the PS2 is your heaven. Check out almost anything published by Atlus and developed by Nipponichi. Especially Disgaea 1 and 2. These games are epic, huge, monstrous, and a ton of fun. You can spend hundreds of hours in each - they are among the biggest, most in depth games ever made. Turn based strategy RPGs just don't get any better.

Also, for action RPGs, check out the fist Champions of Norath. It is a ton of fun, and can be played 4-player co-op.

Mr. Valentine
11-28-2007, 05:27 PM
the best rpg hands down on the PS2 is Dragon Quest VIII. incredibly addictive and takes no prior knowledge of the series. and you should be able to find it at most places now for less than $20.

Scar
11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
the best rpg hands down on the PS2 is Dragon Quest VIII. incredibly addictive and takes no prior knowledge of the series. and you should be able to find it at most places now for less than $20.

I tried that one awhile back. Just couldn't get into it. Maybe the graphics were too 'kiddy' or something. Maybe I should try it again.

Milky Joe
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I heartily recommend the Shin Megami Tensei games, Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga. I have a feeling they're exactly what you're looking for Scar.

megladon8
11-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Also the Marvel RPGS beat-'em-ups are great if you like that sort of thing.

"Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" rocks.

bac0n
11-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm curious if the bac0nater has had time to fire up God of War II yet.....

Oh yes. The Godzilla Unleashed Affair of November 2007 is now but a distant unfortunate memory fading into the distance.

This game kicks all kinds of ass. I've made it into the Bog of Whatsitcalled and just beat that barbarian guy with the gigantic hammer.

Scar
11-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh yes. The Godzilla Unleashed Affair of November 2007 is now but a distant unfortunate memory fading into the distance.

This game kicks all kinds of ass. I've made it into the Bog of Whatsitcalled and just beat that barbarian guy with the gigantic hammer.

I've found that of the weapons you get access to, the best is still the blades of athena, so save your red orbs!

bac0n
11-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I've found that of the weapons you get access to, the best is still the blades of athena, so save your red orbs!

Yeah, that's what it was like in the previous game. The Hammer is kinda cool, but it's pretty slow and unwieldy. I'm not gonna bother even upgrading the thing until I have the blades of athena maxed out.

Ezee E
11-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Also the Marvel RPGS beat-'em-ups are great if you like that sort of thing.

"Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" rocks.
The only problem, at least with the X-Men one, is that it doesn't really feel like a RPG to me. In the end, you end up getting the same result.

megladon8
11-29-2007, 04:45 AM
Anyone else think it's bullshit that people have to pay for the new multiplayer maps on "Halo 3"?

Not only that, but they're freaking $8.99 EACH.

That's disgusting.

D_Davis
11-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Anyone else think it's bullshit that people have to pay for the new multiplayer maps on "Halo 3"?

Not only that, but they're freaking $8.99 EACH.

That's disgusting.

Not really. They've already given people so much in the original game, and in a few months these new maps will be free. They pay people to design them, test them, and polish them, so they cost money.

megladon8
11-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Not really. They've already given people so much in the original game, and in a few months these new maps will be free. They pay people to design them, test them, and polish them, so they cost money.

How do you know that in a few months they will be free?

Sorry, but I've already paid full price for the game.

Having to pay another $36 for a couple of maps is pretty scummy, especially since I'm already paying for X-Box LiVE.

Scar
11-29-2007, 11:33 AM

I know they've got stuff like that for Resistance: Fall of Man, and that crazy off road game I've got. I'd be tempted to get them for R:FoM, but I don't multiplay. But I certainly understand that they are expansion packs, and expansion packs aren't stuff just found on the cutting room floor.

D_Davis
11-29-2007, 01:02 PM
How do you know that in a few months they will be free?

Sorry, but I've already paid full price for the game.

Having to pay another $36 for a couple of maps is pretty scummy, especially since I'm already paying for X-Box LiVE.

Because they said so. In 3-6 months these maps will be free, probably closer to 3 months, but don't quote me. They did the same thing with Halo 2.

Also, yes you've already paid for the game, and you got your money's worth. A killer single player campaign, and the most robust console multi-player experience ever made. Tons of maps, modes, the Forge, an intuitive friends and party system, and everything run smooth.

These new maps were not part of the game that were left out in order to make you pay more, later. These are new maps, expansions, add ons. These were designed in addition to everything else you already paid for, thus if you want them, they will cost money. It's not like the game was missing stuff and now they are making you pay for the complete experience, ala Motor Storm on the PS3.

Bungie doesn't owe you anything, except for he best gaming experience they can. They've already given you that with Halo 3. For your money, the delivered an awesome game that people will be playing for years down the road. And now, they've gone back and made more maps to extend the game even further, and these maps they've made took people - who are paid - time to make them, thus they cost money.

megladon8
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I understand what you're saying, D, and you've cleared it up for me - I kind of was under the impression that these were a bunch of maps they just held back on to charge extra later. I didn't know they were newly made. But I must call you on the "tons of maps" thing.

This is just false. Pretty much every review I've read/seen for the game agrees with me, too - there are like 6 maps. Hardly impressive for a game nowadays.

D_Davis
11-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I thought the game was released with 11 maps? Plus the ability to customize each of these in the Forge, and the ability to customize all of the various aspects of the game type. Makes for a ton of possibilities.

That's plenty.

I've played quite a bit of this game, and I am still not bored with what they have given me for my money. And now, if I want more, I can get it.

megladon8
11-29-2007, 05:23 PM
There's the small forest map for 1-on-1 or 2-on-2.

Then there's The Pit, High Ground, Snowbound, Valhalla, Isolation and Construct.

Those are the only maps I have seen, and I'm getting really, REALLY sick of them.

D_Davis
11-29-2007, 05:28 PM
There are 11:

Construct
Epitaph
Guardian
High Ground
Isolation
Last Resort
Narrows
Sandtrap
Snowbound
The Pit
Valhalla

Compared to CoD4 which comes with 16 maps, but it lacks co-op through the single player campaign and The Forge.

megladon8
11-29-2007, 05:31 PM
There are 11:
Epitaph
Isolation
Last Resort
Narrows
Sandtrap

I have never seen any of these.

D_Davis
11-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I have never seen any of these.

Strange, very, very strange. We get these all the time.

megladon8
11-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Strange, very, very strange. We get these all the time.

It's probably one of those "not available in Canada!" things.

Stay Puft
11-29-2007, 06:48 PM
It's probably one of those "not available in Canada!" things.

It's because of the matchmaking playlists. Sandtrap and Last Resort generally only appear in Big Team Battle. Narrows is generally only seen in Team Deathmatch. The small ones you listed are what normally appear in regular deathmatch, but Epitaph is included in that -the reason you probably haven't seen it (or don't remember) is because people seem to hate it so it doesn't show up much.

And on that note I agree you. The maps are too few. There are 11 in all, but only half of them show up in deathmatch (or singles), a couple others are there for team deathmatch, and BTB only gets use of 3. They're specialized, and thus limited. There are plenty of options in forge, true, and custom games are a lot of fun as a result, but you can't actually do matchmaking in custom games - and that is essentially what my problem boils down to. I'd like to join random rocket race matches, but no dice. If I want to do matchmaking - and I love Lone Wolves - then I'm stuck with the same 5-6 maps.

D_Davis
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Got my own copy of Rock Band today! Oh yeah!

Ezee E
11-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Sandtrap is the best map.

D_Davis
11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Sandtrap is the best map.

I love Sandtrap as well, but it gets vetoed quite a bit. It is a blast in big team slayer.

I think my favorite is territories on Valhalla, especially when we've got all four of us in the same room playing on a team.

Ezee E
11-29-2007, 10:34 PM
I love Sandtrap as well, but it gets vetoed quite a bit. It is a blast in big team slayer.

I think my favorite is territories on Valhalla, especially when we've got all four of us in the same room playing on a team.
Sandtrap can get insane in Big Team Battle when those carriers get right next to each other. 16 people all in the same place with no frameloss is just amazing.

HerzogianRaftMonkey
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Has anyone here played World In Conflict?

I'm trying to decide what game to buy next and I'm thinking World In Conflict might be it, but I'm also looking at:

Crysis
CoD4
The Witcher
or possibly a Wii game

I got Super Mario Galaxy and it's a lot of fun, but it's not as good as all the hype would suggest. Maybe I'm just sick of the same nintendo characters over and over. Who knows.

bac0n
11-30-2007, 03:40 PM
I got your RockBand killer, guys:

http://www.schadenfreudeinteractive.c om/ac_box_big.jpg

Game Info (http://www.schadenfreudeinteractive.c om/accordion.html)

HerzogianRaftMonkey
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
I've got your Accordion Hero killer.

http://www.woot.com/Images/sale/contest/149-solius.jpg

D_Davis
11-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Has anyone here played World In Conflict?

I'm trying to decide what game to buy next and I'm thinking World In Conflict might be it, but I'm also looking at:

Crysis
CoD4
The Witcher
or possibly a Wii game

I got Super Mario Galaxy and it's a lot of fun, but it's not as good as all the hype would suggest. Maybe I'm just sick of the same nintendo characters over and over. Who knows.

I hear The Witcher is really good. Once I get my new PC, I am going to check it out.

CoD4 is amazing - I loved every second of the single player campaign. Short and sweet, and totally engaging.

And I echo your sentiments about the Nintendo franchises. While I still recognize that they are well made games, I simply couldn't care less about these characters and their worlds any more.

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Anyone been following the Kane & Lynch, Eidos, Gamespot, Jeff Gerstmann drama during the past day?

Rumor has it that Jeff was fired from Gamespot for a negative review of K&L because Eidos paid them so much for advertising, and they got pissed.

Penny-Arcade broke the story with a comic, and some of the rumor has been confirmed by Jeff's one-time Hotspot co-host Rich Gallup.

Also, check out the Neogaf and the 1UP forums for more.

If this winds up being true, it could be a major blow to the integrity of the entire CNET family, and that the douche bag who started Maxim and Stuff is now in charge of Gamespot is also telling.

Also, Jeff was the last remaining editor I liked at Gamespot. The dude was a good reviewer, and I liked that he often pissed off the fanboys, especially the Zelda fanboys after he gave their precious Twilight Princess an 8.8 - yes, fans were pissed about an 8.8...which is still a great score. His personality on the Hotspot podcast will be missed. He was funny, well spoken, and in my opinion he gave good, critical reviews, something you don't see too often in this industry. He was with the site for over 10 years, and was the last of the original crew.

If this is true, I am done with Gamespot and I will only by Eidos games used so they don't get any of my money.

A super long thread, with the Penny Arcade breaking-news comic in the first post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212394

1Up's news story
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164656

Man, I can't wait to listen to the 1UP podcasts next week. Hopefully Jeff will get a job at the 1Up networks, he would be a perfect fit, especially on the 1Up Yours podcast.

megladon8
12-01-2007, 05:43 AM
That is absolutely bull. I saw the cartoon on Penny Arcade but I didn't read the post about it - I was wondering what was going on.

I agree with you, D - Jeff was the last great member of the team in terms of written reviews. Alex Navarro does great video reviews, but I find his sense of humor sometimes gets in the way of giving a critical look at the game.

I also miss Greg Kasavin. He was my all time favorite for both written and video reviews.

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 05:50 AM
I also miss Greg Kasavin. He was my all time favorite for both written and video reviews.

Yep - after Kasavin left, I thought, well they still have Rich and Jeff.

:(

Man, the GFW podcast is going to be awesome next week. For those of you that don't listen to it, you should, it is awesome. Jeff Green is the man, and Sean Elliot is freaking hilarious, plus, they get into some really great discussions about all kinds of things. This and 1Up Yours are the best VG podcasts out there. Too bad 1UY is recorded on Thursday nights, because they totally missed this story. Now we'll have to wait a week until we get to hear what the guys have to say. I do know that Garnett and Jeff Green have both extended an open invite to Jeff Gerstmann to come on their shows - I hope he does.

megladon8
12-01-2007, 05:54 AM
I've just never really gotten into podcasts.

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that the only podcast I listen to regularly is GenreBusters :)

Stay Puft
12-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Man, the GFW podcast is going to be awesome next week. For those of you that don't listen to it, you should, it is awesome. Jeff Green is the man, and Sean Elliot is freaking hilarious, plus, they get into some really great discussions about all kinds of things.

The last couple weeks have been wonderfully off-topic.

It might be my favorite gaming podcast, too. The GFW editors are quality people. They're personable hosts, intelligent, and good writers to boot.

Regarding the Gertsmann controversy, certainly ridiculous. It sounds like the new management didn't like the cut of Gertsmann's jib. Doesn't help that this is Eidos we're talking about - they seem to live and die on their marketing. And at least one other Gamespot editor seems to have quit in the wake of this controversy. Crazy.

Saya
12-01-2007, 09:20 AM
So the guy was just doing his job and got fired? That's really sad.

I agree about the GFW podcast. It's the best VG podcast around now. I used to think 1up Yours was the best, but since Luke Smith and John Davison left it's been in a decline. Sure, some of their podcasts are still great, especially the ones with guest like N'Gai Croal, but overall it's been getting worse I think.

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I love it when 1Up Yours gets N'gai, and also when John Davidson stops by. I do like Garnett, he is a good host. The only guy who really bugs me is Shane. However, my least favorite 1Up personality is Jen Frank, she is sometimes on the Retronauts show - my god, she is so annoying.

The GFW crew is by far the best though - these guys have a lot of integrity. And yes, they can actually write well. Sean Elliot's review of Crysis is awesome. I love how he takes a more analytical approach to his reviews.

Also, if you don't yet listen to it, check out the Game Theory podcast, it is amazing. Much more serious than the 1Up or GFW shows, but it is really good.

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Also, for a good hearty laugh, check out the user reviews for Kane & Lynch on Gamespot. Awesome stuff.

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Alleged Gamespot employee tells all:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/alleged-gamespot-employee-spills-guts-on-valleywag-328797.php

Wow, if this is true....

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Destructoid pulls a funny:

http://www.cashwh0re.com/

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Here is a screencap of the Eidos message boards, taken yesterday:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa240/cheet0bandit0/lolgamefaqs.jpg

Spinal
12-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Very good vagina of cousin? :confused:

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Very good vagina of cousin? :confused:

peepeevagina?

:|

Stay Puft
12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
http://frankprovo.livejournal.com/2007/11/30/

Just more confirmation, I guess. It's a damn shame.

D_Davis
12-01-2007, 05:28 PM
http://frankprovo.livejournal.com/2007/11/30/

Just more confirmation, I guess. It's a damn shame.

Yeah - read this as well.

This whole thing could really shake up games journalism, it at least gives more validity to all the whiners who claim that all good reviews are paid for. Not that I believe them, I think many games journalists have integrity, but when something like this happens it is hard not to become more cynical.

Sycophant
12-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Our freelancers are especially guilty of making snide comments, but those are always yanked before the review goes live, because everyone in the office reads these reviews and makes sure they're up to our standards before they get put up.
Snide comments among my major reasons for reading criticism of any kind. *sigh* Games journalism.

Morris Schæffer
12-01-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm 14 stars into Super Mario Galaxy. While the levels so far are wildly imaginative and insanely diverse, they do not really engage on a mental level. Finding stars and other objects appears so easy, the path to them utterly straightforward. The bosses are a joke so far even when their sheer size impresses. That robot!!

megladon8
12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm now at the level of Gunnery Sergeant in Halo 3.

Damn there seem to be a lot of levels. I've played so, so many multiplayer games. I'm finally getting a little better, though.

It's surprising how much skill is required. It's not at all just a straight run-and-gun shooter. Even in death match you have to use some strategy.

Saya
12-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm 14 stars into Super Mario Galaxy. While the levels so far are wildly imaginative and insanely diverse, they do not really engage on a mental level. Finding stars and other objects appears so easy, the path to them utterly straightforward. The bosses are a joke so far even when their sheer size impresses. That robot!!

Don't expect the bosses to get a lot harder. There are one or two bosses that gave me challenge but most of them are a breeze. But I though some of the later levels were kinda hard (especially if you are going for all the stars).

I'm stuck on 119 stars and can't get the last one. That level is too challenging.

Morris Schæffer
12-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Don't expect the bosses to get a lot harder. There are one or two bosses that gave me challenge but most of them are a breeze. But I though some of the later levels were kinda hard (especially if you are going for all the stars).

I'm stuck on 119 stars and can't get the last one. That level is too challenging.

Too bad I guess. I feel little accomplishment amassing stars and navigating environments in this game, even if I do marvel at the diversity and striking colors of the whole thing. It used to be different for Super Mario 64.

Ezee E
12-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Roommates got Guitar Hero 3. Yay.

megladon8
12-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I used to have a LOT of trouble with the long-ranged weapons in Halo 3.

I found they were almos too accurate...you're off by even a millimeter and you miss.

But I have gotten a lot better - my reflexes are getting pretty OK now.

The battle rifle is now possibly my favorite weapon.

megladon8
12-02-2007, 04:05 AM
OK this post is going to contain both a random thought and a question...I'll get the thought out of the way first...

I was kind of pissed that the incredible cinematic shown in trailers, promos and demos for "Halo 3" was not only not a level in the game, but the cinematic never even appeared. I am talking about the really cool video of Master Chief running across a field dodging bullets and bombs and whatnot, from which this image was taken:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/megladon8/926632_20061130_screen007.jpg

The lighting and atmosphere of that level just seemed really cool and different from a lot of the areas I had seen in the previous Halo games. I wish it had been included in the game.

And onto my question...

I know absolutely nothing about video game resolutions.

Which is a better picture, 720p or 1080i?

Stay Puft
12-02-2007, 04:30 AM
And onto my question...

I know absolutely nothing about video game resolutions.

Which is a better picture, 720p or 1080i?

Good advice is usually sticking to native resolutions. The Xbox 360 renders 720p natively, for example, and televisions/monitors have native resolutions at which they best display information. I prefer progressive signals because of how they are equipped to deal with motion.

Saya
12-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I took the plunge and picked up Assassin's Creed. I''ve finished the first level and it's awesome. The graphics are some of the best I've seen this gen. I'm playing it without any HUD elements so it feels very cinematic. Great game so far, except for the voice acting of Altair. God, that voice is so uninspired and boring.

DSNT
12-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Roommates got Guitar Hero 3. Yay.
I finally got mine yesterday and it rocks.

megladon8
12-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Good advice is usually sticking to native resolutions. The Xbox 360 renders 720p natively, for example, and televisions/monitors have native resolutions at which they best display information. I prefer progressive signals because of how they are equipped to deal with motion.

Hmm...I have no idea what any of that means :)

I've been running at 1080i and basically assumed it was better because 1080 is a larger number than 720 :crazy:

D_Davis
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Hmm...I have no idea what any of that means :)

I've been running at 1080i and basically assumed it was better because 1080 is a larger number than 720 :crazy:

720P is a better image than 1080i. Think of 1080i as 540P (this isn't exactly correct, but it is a good way of thinking about it). Unless you have a TV that is hundred of inches big, 720P is the best way to go.

Most XBOX 360 games have a native resolution of 720P - which means that this is their "natural" resolution. Anything higher means that there is hardware upscaling or downscaling.

Saya
12-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Vivendi (Blizzard) and Activision suddenly announced that they will merge to form Activision Blizzard. Vivendi will own the majority stake (52%) in the new company. As a result of this merger, they just became one of the biggest publishers / development houses in the industry. I think they are bigger than EA and Nintendo now.

Dukefrukem
12-03-2007, 03:48 PM
whos playing Call of Duty 4 and Unreal Tournament 3?

Justin
12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Super Mario Galaxy is pretty awesome, even if it is pretty easy. The whole style of the game is just brilliant and really clears some of my doubt about buying a Wii.

D_Davis
12-03-2007, 04:09 PM
whos playing Call of Duty 4

Already beat the single player campaign, twice. Haven't yet gotten into the multi-player.

megladon8
12-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I've begun playing the Halo 3 campaign on Heroic.

Takes a lot more skill than just running in and shooting the hell out of everything.

I'm already having trouble and I'm still in the beginning jungle levels - I can't imagine how hard it's going to be when I get to the scarab tanks.

Sycophant
12-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I finally figured out a way to justify to myself my spending time playing video games: I listen to commentary tracks. I've been meaning to do more of both and am finding this arrangement to my liking.

Spinal
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Bought a Wii for Christmas. Wouldn't have been my first choice of console, but makes the most sense for the family.

Kurosawa Fan
12-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Bought a Wii for Christmas. Wouldn't have been my first choice of console, but makes the most sense for the family.

Your reasons were the same as mine.

Scar
12-04-2007, 01:45 AM

What? Kids? Please.

megladon8
12-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Whew! Finally got past the jungle section of "Halo 3" on Heroic.

I hate all those damn snipers.

Spinal
12-04-2007, 02:21 AM

How have you been enjoying it? I know I want to get Madden and Tiger Woods, but if you have any other recs, I'd love to hear them.

Mr. Valentine
12-04-2007, 03:25 AM
What? Kids? Please.

yeah i don't understand that rationale either. their are way more kid friendly games for the 360 than their are on the Wii and their actually good.

Spinal
12-04-2007, 03:31 AM
It's not just my kid, but my wife as well. It's the only one that I can see us all playing together.

Kurosawa Fan
12-04-2007, 03:45 AM
How have you been enjoying it? I know I want to get Madden and Tiger Woods, but if you have any other recs, I'd love to hear them.

Guitar Hero is fun. It's addicting and it's challenging and an all-around good time. Plus there's a training mode on it where your son can slow the songs down to a crawl so that he can play too. Dylan loves it.

My son loves Carnival Games (or maybe it's just Carnival). It's a cute game, fun for awhile, but you'll grow tired of it quickly. It's definitely for the kids.

Rayman's Raving Rabids is also fun, but gets old after a while (though what game doesn't?). Dylan has a racing game as well, which was fun for all of 10 minutes, but became a monotonous snooze after that. Dylan likes it though.

Both Madden and Tiger Woods are fantastic. The Wii-mote makes them much more fun. I'd also suggest Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, which is a blast without any blood or excessive violence. Also, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics has been really fun. It's fun for my son but it also gets challenging for Val and I.

And of course there's Mario Galaxy, which I haven't played yet, but I've heard nothing but wonderful things about. I also watched a friend of mine play Metroid and it seemed pretty cool. I'm not big into shooter games (that's probably the least cool term I could have chosen to use), so I doubt I'll get it.

Spinal
12-04-2007, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the input. Personally, all I need is a couple solid EA Sports games and I'm set. My boy played a little bit of the Star Wars Lego game over Thanksgiving and he seemed to enjoy himself. I know that Mario Kart comes out next year. That's pretty much the only Mario game that interests me. Would love to get Guitar Hero at some point, but that's a lot of money. I've played Super Monkey Ball before and that was pretty darn fun. This game (http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/jikkyoupowerfulproyakyuuwii/index.html) looks pretty fun too.

Justin
12-04-2007, 04:15 AM
This game (http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/jikkyoupowerfulproyakyuuwii/index.html) looks pretty fun too.

I honestly would not bother, I had high expectations for it, but it does not use the features of the Wii remote at all. It is just like playing it on a regular console, just pushing the A button to swing and stuff like that. They do have a mode where you can use Wii specific controls like Wii Sports Baseball, but it doesn't feel the same because when you swing the remote, it just feels like they assigned the swing motion to press A for you, instead of actually feeling like you are swinging the bat in Wii Sports.

number8
12-04-2007, 04:18 AM
Speaking of Wii, the Zapper came out today.

Spinal
12-04-2007, 04:20 AM
I honestly would not bother, I had high expectations for it, but it does not use the features of the Wii remote at all. It is just like playing it on a regular console, just pushing the A button to swing and stuff like that. They do have a mode where you can use Wii specific controls like Wii Sports Baseball, but it doesn't feel the same because when you swing the remote, it just feels like they assigned the swing motion to press A for you, instead of actually feeling like you are swinging the bat in Wii Sports.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll just give it a rental one time.

Justin
12-04-2007, 04:49 AM
I will get the Wii Zapper if they eventually release an arcade light gun classics game with Area 51, Silent Scope, Point Blank, and some Virtua Cops.

number8
12-04-2007, 04:53 AM
If they release Virtua Cops, I would buy it a heartbeat. A HEARTBEAT.

Words prevail the quarters I've wasted on that game.

That and Time Crisis.

Justin
12-04-2007, 04:59 AM
I played the first one on computer with the mouse as a child hundreds of time, that and Mad Dog McCree, that is another game I would add to the list.

Sycophant
12-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Is that Zelda game that comes with the Zapper really any fun? At $20, it might not be such a bad purchase. However, I gotta say that I'd had higher hopes for a gun attachment and am not seeing the immediate benefit of having the Wii-mote and nunchuck put together that way.

Saya
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I will get the Wii Zapper if they eventually release an arcade light gun classics game with Area 51, Silent Scope, Point Blank, and some Virtua Cops.

I think there's a big chance they will release those in the future, because House of the Dead 2 & 3 (http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=230223) were recently announced for the Wii. They are sold together for about 30 bucks.

I love those old shooters, but I'd rather play them without the Zapper though.

Morris Schæffer
12-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Whew! Finally got past the jungle section of "Halo 3" on Heroic.

I hate all those damn snipers.

If you have patience, it really isn't too difficult.

D_Davis
12-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Would love to get Guitar Hero at some point, but that's a lot of money..

Just be prepared for Guitar Hero III on the Wii - the sound is only in mono. They royally screwed up the game. Imagine, a game based on audio only being in mono...crazy. As long as you know this and aren't expecting a good auditory experience, I'm sure you'll enjoy the game.

megladon8
12-04-2007, 05:56 PM
If you have patience, it really isn't too difficult.

Maybe for someone who plays a lot of video games.

I don't...I find it quite difficult.

Rowland
12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I want this game released in the US. Seriously.

http://www.destructoid.com/bite-people-s-arses-on-your-nintendo-ds-bottom-biting-bug-is-coming-57704.phtml

bac0n
12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Just be prepared for Guitar Hero III on the Wii - the sound is only in mono. They royally screwed up the game. Imagine, a game based on audio only being in mono...crazy. As long as you know this and aren't expecting a good auditory experience, I'm sure you'll enjoy the game.

Wow. You gotta be kidding. That's like a driving game with no steering!

number8
12-06-2007, 12:04 AM
I played GHIII on Wii. It sucked balls. It seriously sucks.

Scar
12-06-2007, 12:10 AM
I played GHIII on Wii. It sucked balls. It seriously sucks.

I'm guessing someones getting fired over this.

Spinal
12-06-2007, 12:40 AM
That's a shame. How do you manage to screw that up?

D_Davis
12-06-2007, 01:32 AM
That's a shame. How do you manage to screw that up?

Unfortunately, the Wii has already become the dumping ground for sub par ports and licensed properties. Unless Nintendo can ensure the quality of their 3rd parties' software, perhaps by enforcing that "Nintendo Seal of Quality" like they use to (by strictly limiting the amount of games a 3rd party can release for the system per year, like they did on the NES and SNES with a 5 game per year per 3rd party, thus making sure that they put more effort into the games they do release), then this could end up spelling disaster for them in the long run. It usually takes more than a year to start seeing the imbalance between 3rd and 1st party quality on Nintendo's systems, but with the Wii this process has seemingly happened over night because it is seen as THE platform for 3rd parties to make a quick buck on.

Morris Schæffer
12-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Streetfighter 4:

http://www.gamer.nl/images/content/Michel_Musters/200712/1196933984_0_3.jpg

Milky Joe
12-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Prosecutor Takes Aim at Top Video Games (http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=1ed1a769-7225-4a82-913b-6f0e0d6428d3)

Scar
12-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Prosecutor Takes Aim at Top Video Games (http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=1ed1a769-7225-4a82-913b-6f0e0d6428d3)

You'd hope that parents would pull their heads out of their asses and not get them M rated games, or take them to R rated movies. But I guess they want to be 'cool'.

Of course, I don't see video games as the cause of all the violence.

I remember having sleepovers at a buddy's house eons ago when we were in grade school, and his mom would get us Friday the 13th movies. We turned out alright.... *twitch*

Scar
12-06-2007, 11:57 AM
That article does remind me that I never did check out Killer 7, and, if memory serves, I think I can find copies at GameStop that are just a couple bucks.

Dukefrukem
12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Already beat the single player campaign, twice. Haven't yet gotten into the multi-player.

Its very easy to level up in. Makes it feel a lot more fun than playing BF2 or 2142.

Spinal
12-06-2007, 04:45 PM

Interesting that for Resident Evil, they use the word 'enemies' instead of 'zombies'. A little disingenuous.

There doesn't need to be a boycott. You shouldn't be buying these games for your kids anyway. That's why there's a big fucking 'M' on the box.

Scar
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Interesting that for Resident Evil, they use the word 'enemies' instead of 'zombies'. A little disingenuous.

There doesn't need to be a boycott. You shouldn't be buying these games for your kids anyway. That's why there's a big fucking 'M' on the box.

They're not zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin
12-06-2007, 04:50 PM
That screenshot of Street Fighter 4 is beautiful, I was so worried they were going to do a 3d version.

Spinal
12-06-2007, 04:52 PM
They're not zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're not? I haven't played it. I thought Resident Evil was all about zombies.

Sycophant
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
That screenshot of Street Fighter 4 is beautiful, I was so worried they were going to do a 3d version.
Is it not a spectacularly rendered, cel-shaded graphic? That's what I tought it was. Either way, it's real pretty.

Justin
12-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Is it not a spectacularly rendered, cel-shaded graphic? That's what I tought it was. Either way, it's real pretty.

Apparently it is the first screenshot of the in-game engine, I am sure it has been touched up a little, but still.

Scar
12-06-2007, 05:05 PM
They're not? I haven't played it. I thought Resident Evil was all about zombies.

*chuckle*

No, they're not zombies in this one. There was a minor uproar by certain purists about the villagers 'not being zombies'. Personally, I don't care. The game is all kinds of awesome.

I'm gonna have to harrass Spun about getting it back, I'm going through some serious withdrawls. I've lost track of how many times I beat it.

Resident Evil 5 looks absolutely insane.

D_Davis
12-06-2007, 05:09 PM

"Experienced adult gamers call this the most violent and twisted game every played."Maybe these adult writers should learn how to write before posting their article.

Citing a connection between violent video games and a rise in youth crime, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy blasted some of the biggest names in entertainment and urged a holiday boycott of 11 best-selling games.

Killer 7, best selling? :shock:

Ivan Drago
12-06-2007, 08:50 PM
What was wrong with Guitar Hero III for the Wii?

D_Davis
12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
What was wrong with Guitar Hero III for the Wii?

The only thing I know of is that it is in mono.

Winston*
12-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I finished Rachet & Clank 2 and I was like "That was fun!", so I bought Rachet & Clank 3. It is also fun.

megladon8
12-06-2007, 11:36 PM
While that Street Fighter 4 image is very beautiful, I really couldn't care less about that game.

I kind of feel about Street Fighter the same way D_Davis feels about a lot of the old Nintendo franchises - I'm just so tired of these characters and settings, especially in a fighting game where this stuff is arguably more repetitive than a 3D platformer.

Sven
12-07-2007, 12:44 AM
I finished Rachet & Clank 2 and I was like "That was fun!", so I bought Rachet & Clank 3. It is also fun.

The second one is the best of the series (thus far). I anticipate with great relish the PS3 one, where one of the guns shoots out a disco ball and everyone dances.

bac0n
12-07-2007, 12:46 AM
I finished God Of War II a little while ago. Man, that was one sweet game! Can't wait until Scar gets the third, finishes it, and lends it to me ;-)

Winston*
12-07-2007, 12:47 AM
The second one is the best of the series (thus far). I anticipate with great relish the PS3 one, where one of the guns shoots out a disco ball and everyone dances.

How's Ratchet:Deadlocked/Gladiator? It doesn't sound as fun.

bac0n
12-07-2007, 12:51 AM

I can vouch for the awesomeness of the PS3 Ratchet & Clank. It is so much fun and, yeah, the GrooveTron is all kinds of awesome.

D_Davis
12-07-2007, 01:25 AM
I can vouch for the awesomeness of the PS3 Ratchet & Clank. It is so much fun and, yeah, the GrooveTron is all kinds of awesome.

I can't wait to get a PS3 and play this and Uncharted. Insomniac and Naughty Dog are both awesome developers. I pray for a Jak game on the PS3.

Sven
12-07-2007, 03:19 AM
How's Ratchet:Deadlocked/Gladiator? It doesn't sound as fun.

I found it quite fun... mostly, it's just one big arena-battle section from the games. I think it'd probably work best with two people. That's how I had the most fun with it.

Saya
12-07-2007, 09:14 AM
New GTA IV trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28634.html)

Too bad there's no real gameplay, just cutscenes I think.

Morris Schæffer
12-07-2007, 10:39 AM
New GTA IV trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28634.html)

Too bad there's no real gameplay, just cutscenes I think.

Looks reasonably in-game though. Amazing stuff! Great action.

Scar
12-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I finished God Of War II a little while ago. Man, that was one sweet game! Can't wait until Scar gets the third, finishes it, and lends it to me ;-)

Go and lend it to Spun, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

I'm tempted to pick up a new game for the PS3, and I think Ratchet and Clank might be leading the list.

KK2.0
12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
While that Street Fighter 4 image is very beautiful, I really couldn't care less about that game.

I kind of feel about Street Fighter the same way D_Davis feels about a lot of the old Nintendo franchises - I'm just so tired of these characters and settings, especially in a fighting game where this stuff is arguably more repetitive than a 3D platformer.

I thought the visuals on that Street 4 pic look superb, at least artistically they seem to be on the right track, the choice of a more illustrated look instead of the saturated HDR/bump-mapped look of most next-gen games actually feels fresh and closer to the classic arcade, more cartoony and colorful looks.

But i also agree with you that my expectations for the gameplay are nearly impossible to match. SF2 was a revolution for the genre, and while 3 was more refined and plays great, it lacked the feeling of innovation and most of the new characters were uber-lame. 4 has become this almost mythical 'saviour of the fighting genre' to me. I'm screwed.

bac0n
12-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I can't wait to get a PS3 and play this and Uncharted. Insomniac and Naughty Dog are both awesome developers. I pray for a Jak game on the PS3.

I played a demo of Uncharted on my neighbor's PS3. It's a pretty fun game! The graphics are pretty cool. Has an Indiana Jones - meets Solid Snake sorta vibe to it.

Scar
12-07-2007, 03:40 PM
I played a demo of Uncharted on my neighbor's PS3. It's a pretty fun game! The graphics are pretty cool. Has an Indiana Jones - meets Solid Snake sorta vibe to it.

I'm not a huge proponent of Solid Snake. Sure, he's cool as shit, but, goddamn, I hate sneaking around!

D_Davis
12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm not a huge proponent of Solid Snake. Sure, he's cool as shit, but, goddamn, I hate sneaking around!

I hate the Metal Gear games. Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, game play, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. They also suffer from some of the most archaic gameplay mechanics I've ever experienced.

bac0n
12-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Well, during the demo of Uncharted, there were a lot of firefights, and you could hide behind rocks and duck under walls to avoid getting hit. That was what kinda gave it a Solid Snake vibe - there was a bit of sneaking to get yourself into a better position to take someone out or to line yourself up a better shot, but thats it, really. You can't Rambo your way through. You need to be a bit stealthy about it.

To be sure, you're out to kill everybody in your way, not sneak around them and then engage in a philosophical discussion about the unbearable lightness of being.

One thing that I thought was particularly cool about the game was you could control the trajectory of your grenades by tilting the controller back and forth.

Scar
12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Well, during the demo of Uncharted, there were a lot of firefights, and you could hide behind rocks and duck under walls to avoid getting hit. That was what kinda gave it a Solid Snake vibe - there was a bit of sneaking to get yourself into a better position to take someone out or to line yourself up a better shot, but thats it, really. You can't Rambo your way through. You need to be a bit stealthy about it.

To be sure, you're out to kill everybody in your way, not sneak around them and then engage in a philosophical discussion about the unbearable lightness of being.

One thing that I thought was particularly cool about the game was you could control the trajectory of your grenades by tilting the controller back and forth.

Ah. Duck and cover is more then alright with me. Thats what I love about Resistance Fall of Man. A shitload of shooting, but you gotta know what you're doing!

D_Davis
12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Uncharted reminds me of the action mechanics of Gears of War mixed with the platforming and exploration of Tomb Raider.

Spinal
12-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Replacement discs to be sent out to fix Guitar Hero Wii problem. (http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/9715)

D_Davis
12-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Replacement discs to be sent out to fix Guitar Hero Wii problem. (http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/9715)

That's good news.

Sycophant
12-09-2007, 01:38 AM
So I picked up Zack and Wiki and played about an hour tonight. I think I'm going to really like this game. It's a style of gameplay I just haven't seen enough of lately.

Scar
12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Lets talk Wii:

The 'wife' might be picking one up for me for Christmas. What are the good exclusives?

Milky Joe
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
super mario galaxy (duh)
excite truck (super fun arcade racer)
zelda (duh)
metroid? (haven't played it but it's there)
zack and wiki (haven't played it but I don't think I've heard a bad word about it)
kororinpa (should put a delightful grin on the face of anyone who picks it up)
wario ware: smooth moves (best with two or more people handing the controller back and forth)
ssx blur (frustrating at first but oh so rewarding)
rayman: raving rabbids 1+2 (not much depth, but an extremely fun collection of minigames, some more amazingly fun than others)
elebits? dewy's adventure? I haven't played the latter but it sure looks fun. of course you have Smash bros. coming out next year as well.

Sycophant
12-10-2007, 04:02 PM
zack and wiki (haven't played it but I don't think I've heard a bad word about it)

As someone who sunk four hours into this game over the weekend and didn't make too much of a dent in it, I heartily recommend this game. It's damn fun, it's truly challenging, it's got a collaborative way for other players to help out, and it's really unlike anything else currently out there. Also, the visual design is very impressive, being pretty cute, while at the same time being strangely dark.

Beyond that, uh, that's actually the first game I picked up since I bought Zelda last November. I'm borrowing Super Paper Mario from a friend right now, but can't say I'm terribly impressed with the first hour of gameplay.

Saya
12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
I like this new update for the Wii Virtual Console. This new gifting feature allows you to purchase VC games and send them to anyone on your Wii friend's list.

Later in the day on Monday, Nintendo will make your holiday shopping just a little bit easier. If some people on your gift list have visions of classic video games dancing in their heads, you're in luck. Starting this week, Wii Shop Channel patrons can use a new Gifting feature to send games to other Wii owners with whom they've traded Friend Codes. It's an easy and inexpensive way to give your fellow Nintendo buffs the gift of a classic game—no wrapping paper required. And don't worry about duplication. If your friend already has the game you're trying to give, you'll get a simple message and be bumped back into the catalog to continue shopping.

Scar
12-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm fairly certain the end is near in Resistance: Fall of Man. So, do I fire up Okami or Ratchet and Clank next?

number8
12-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Odin bless Harmonix.

After a long day sitting at the computer working, there is nothing better than pounding away at the drums on Rock Band.

Morris Schæffer
12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I love the Burnout games with passion, but bouncing cars?!!!!

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_5628_en.html

D_Davis
12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Odin bless Harmonix.

After a long day sitting at the computer working, there is nothing better than pounding away at the drums on Rock Band.

Hell yeah.

Too bad their guitars suck though. :(
I'm going to have to send back in my second broken one.

Scar
12-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Hell yeah.

How many times do I have to tell you? Do not smash the guitar against the amp!

D_Davis
12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
How many times do I have to tell you? Do not smash the guitar against the amp!

That's old school. I smash them across my own face!

bac0n
12-12-2007, 02:30 PM
I love the Burnout games with passion, but bouncing cars?!!!!

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_5628_en.html

*slobber*

That is gonna be SO FUN with a head full of liquor...

number8
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Hell yeah.

Mine hasn't, but the clerk who rang me up at Best Buy told me about how they had to replace their guitar display twice because it's so flimsy, so I bought a $30 plan that allows me to exchange any broken peripheral with a brand new one at Best Buy, instead of having to send it in. Good for 2 years, so it's a cool deal.

Mr. Valentine
12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
i'm a few hours into Assassin's Creed and it's really fun. the combat takes a little bit to get used to but jumping around roofs is pretty thrilling.

number8
12-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I tried singing and playing guitar at the same time on Rock Band.

It's fun.

megladon8
12-17-2007, 03:34 AM
I tried singing and playing guitar at the same time on Rock Band.

It's fun.

I could never do that...I have zero coordination with music.

I can't even sing and strum on my guitar. I'll either start singing to the rhythm I'm strumming at, or vice versa.

:cry:

megladon8
12-17-2007, 05:11 AM
I'm having a bit of trouble with Halo 3.

I beat the campaign on Heroic, watched the ending cinematics and whatnot, got the "love letter" page from Bungie, then was brought back to the main menu, and got the "Achievement Unlocked" notification.

So, everything seems fine and normal.

But now that I want to try beat the campaign on Legendary, it won't seem to let me. I can start a new game, it only says "Resume Solo Game", and when I click on that, it brings me back to the last level.

Any ideas/suggestions? Am I missing something?

Stay Puft
12-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Any ideas/suggestions? Am I missing something?

I don't have a copy anymore, but I remember you can select each level individually. Just start at the beginning of each mission and set the difficulty to Legendary on the main menu.

Scar
12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I beat Resistance on Saturday, and promptly started it right back up, 'cause a few weapons have been unlocked. The first ones you get are 'Reapers', which are twin pistols that have kickass targetting.

Saya
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I started Dead Rising again and man this game still holds up extremely well. Killinng zombies never gets old. :P Gonna try to get that special gun, the one you can unlock by killing 50k zombies.

number8
12-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I started Dead Rising again and man this game still holds up extremely well. Killinng zombies never gets old. :P Gonna try to get that special gun, the one you can unlock by killing 50k zombies.

I have that. It's fun, and it's convenient when you just want to kill zombies and not bother with the boss fights.

Saya
12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I have that. It's fun, and it's convenient when you just want to kill zombies and not bother with the boss fights.

Cool. I'll definitely need that gun if I'm going to save all the people in the mall.

Sycophant
12-17-2007, 04:57 PM
There is far too much unfunny dialogue in Super Paper Mario.

Sycophant
12-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Stories about video game console scalpers/speculators/resellers/something-even-more-innocuous-if-you-must really bother me.

megladon8
12-17-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't have a copy anymore, but I remember you can select each level individually. Just start at the beginning of each mission and set the difficulty to Legendary on the main menu.

Yeh but that's for if you want to play co-op or online or whatever.

I'd like to actually play through the solo campaign from start to finish on Legendary...and it doesn't seem to want me to do that.

Stay Puft
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Yeh but that's for if you want to play co-op or online or whatever.

I'd like to actually play through the solo campaign from start to finish on Legendary...and it doesn't seem to want me to do that.

Ah, no I just remembered - at the very top of the screen is the lobby menu wherein you can easily access which menu you want (campaign/multiplayer/theatre/etc.). When you get in the campaign menu you have the options for selecting mission and difficulty and launching game (or resuming game). I'm pretty sure that's the same menu you can add players to your party if you want to do co-op, but if it's just you it's going to be solo (maybe that was a menu option too? It might be.). If you tell the game to begin at the first chapter of the first mission (the cutscene, not Sierra 117) you'll be playing through the entire game without going back to the menu. Whenever you do leave the game, however, you have to manually go back to the start of whichever mission you were on instead of resuming if you want the achievement. I think there was a bug about that (you have to watch the opening cutscene on Legendary too, since it counts as a mission).

If that isn't working for you then I have no idea what could be wrong.

D_Davis
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Stories about video game console scalpers/speculators/resellers/something-even-more-innocuous-if-you-must really bother me.

Me too. I hate the whole consumer resell thing that eBay has turned into. I don't even want a Wii, so this is not me complaining about not being able to get one. If I did get one, I would simply return it to the store.

I have no problem with people selling used things as "collectors items" above the original MSRP. However, when someone goes to the store, buys something off of the shelf that has already had its price set, and then resells for a profit, I do think this is wrong. This is not entrepreneurship, this is people taking advantage of others. Although, if people just quit paying over the MSRP for these things, this wouldn't be problem, so I guess both sides are to blame.

Companies look down upon retailers for raising the prices of hot items, and I don't even know if this practice is actually legal or not.

Sycophant
12-17-2007, 06:37 PM
I have no problem with people selling used things as "collectors items" above the original MSRP. However, when someone goes to the store, buys something off of the shelf that has already had its price set, and then resells for a profit, I do think this is wrong. This is not entrepreneurship, this is people taking advantage of others. Although, if people just quit paying over the MSRP for these things, this wouldn't be problem, so I guess both sides are to blame.I object to people paying such outrageous prices, as well. If it weren't profitable, people wouldn't do it. But they're willing to, so to hell with 'em.

My sympathies are with the reasonable people who won't pay $600 for a $250 console, who show up 15 minutes after a store opens to find 20 people who don't even want the damned thing each bought five Wiis. So they get screwed for trying to abstain from this vicious cycle.

KK2.0
12-19-2007, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWVzDG9CslM

hell freezes over

Stay Puft
12-19-2007, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWVzDG9CslM

hell freezes over

Always bet on Duke.

D_Davis
12-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Always bet on Duke.

Sweet. That trailer was fifteen years in the making!

Justin
12-20-2007, 03:27 AM
I want to get excited for Duke, but I am not going to bother until I start seeing some more coverage.

Morris Schæffer
12-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Remember this Duke Nukem Forever trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPX_y7wP_ko

Man o man o man, what went wrong again? Every time I watch that trailer, I'm amazed at how incredible it looked back in 2001.

D_Davis
12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Remember this Duke Nukem Forever trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPX_y7wP_ko

Man o man o man, what went wrong again? Every time I watch that trailer, I'm amazed at how incredible it looked back in 2001.

I dont think I've ever seen that trailer. That's pretty cool.

KK2.0
12-20-2007, 05:03 PM
me neither, production looked pretty advanced, i wonder what led to the multiple cancellations and delays

Ivan Drago
12-20-2007, 06:39 PM
There is far too much unfunny dialogue in Super Paper Mario.

I agree. The game is really, REALLY fun, though.

EDIT: FINALLY! Duke Nukem!

megladon8
12-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Wow...playing "Halo 3" on Legendary is infuriating.

I thought Heroic was hard. I've been playing the same section of a level for going on 3 days now.

I can actually feel my grip on sanity loosening.

Mr. Valentine
12-21-2007, 01:32 AM
i'm surprised by the amount of people who at this point actually give a shit about a new Duke Nukem game that still has about a 1% chance of ever being released.

Scar
12-21-2007, 02:23 AM
i'm surprised by the amount of people who at this point actually give a shit about a new Duke Nukem game that still has about a 1% chance of ever being released.

Duke was the shit back in the day.

megladon8
12-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Yeh, Duke Nukem 3D is still a fun game.

I even remember playing the old Duke Nukem sidescrollers on DOS. Now those were damn hard games.

Scar
12-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Okami is a fucking trip! :)

bac0n
12-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I fired up SSX3 the other day, cuz every year around Christmas, I get a serious SSX jones - probably because the SSX games always came out around Christmas time, and I spent a good chunk of the holidays down in the basement playing them.

I'm surprised at how well the game holds up. Has anybody played the Wii version? Is it any good?

Kurosawa Fan
12-21-2007, 08:49 PM
I fired up SSX3 the other day, cuz every year around Christmas, I get a serious SSX jones - probably because the SSX games always came out around Christmas time, and I spent a good chunk of the holidays down in the basement playing them.

I'm surprised at how well the game holds up. Has anybody played the Wii version? Is it any good?

I will be playing it after Christmas. :cool:

I love the franchise. I've heard it's very difficult to get the hang of, but once you do it's totally worth it. I'm excited.

Mr. Valentine
12-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Duke was the shit back in the day.

i know and if this was shown a year or so after the last one i could see people being excited but they've been talking about this game for 6+ years now and they still seem to be in the same place they were 6 years ago.

Milky Joe
12-21-2007, 10:41 PM

It's really good, although there's not much in the way of new tracks. It is very frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of it it is glorious, mainly due to the music. The music starts off really simple and it builds and layers itself the more you land tricks, and once you wipe out the music cuts out like a needle being pulled off the record player and starts again with the basic beat. It's really encouraging that way. This in addition to the Wiimote controls turn it almost into a pseudo-dancing-rhythm game. It's really satisfying.

Morris Schæffer
12-22-2007, 09:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

wow!

number8
12-22-2007, 10:53 AM

wow!

Yes! That guy is a fucking genius. Check out his other Wiimote projects. It's insane how cool he is.

Morris Schæffer
12-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes! That guy is a fucking genius. Check out his other Wiimote projects. It's insane how cool he is.

It's amazing how those targets suddenly seem to pop out of the screen. Totally wild!

bac0n
12-24-2007, 03:04 PM

wow!

Damn, if they release a game that can take advantage of this thing that guy did, I'll be in there to slap my money down for a wii the day it is released.

megladon8
12-24-2007, 03:31 PM
So I finally managed to beat that section in Halo 3 on Legendary.

I am now in the level where the Flood have arrived - just after taking out all the anti-aircraft guns.

Morris Schæffer
12-24-2007, 08:41 PM
So I finally managed to beat that section in Halo 3 on Legendary.

I am now in the level where the Flood have arrived - just after taking out all the anti-aircraft guns.

Remember it like it was yesterday.

Elite: more grunts?
Master Chief: Worse

I'm not a big fan of the flood, but there's an awesome awesome moment when exiting some hangar and seeing the giant derelict Flood vessel before one's eyes that blew me away. Halo 3 frequently packed out with some jaw-dropping vistas.

megladon8
12-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Remember it like it was yesterday.

Elite: more grunts?
Master Chief: Worse

I'm not a big fan of the flood, but there's an awesome awesome moment when exiting some hangar and seeing the giant derelict Flood vessel before one's eyes that blew me away. Halo 3 frequently packed out with some jaw-dropping vistas.

Yes, it definitely does have some great moments.

It's my favorite of the 3 games, for sure.

That said, I still don't think this whole Halo phenomenon is all it's cracked up to be. I had a much better time playing through the HL2 games.

Morris Schæffer
12-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Finally started to play Call of Duty 4 online and it's incredible! Still, will more maps be unlocked as I gain a higher rank? There seem to be some memorable levels from the single-player experience missing in multi. The total absence of lag is so damn important and wonderful.

Kurosawa Fan
12-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Ugh. I've about had it with the Madden franchise. I was having problems with the game freezing on my 360, and read online that EA was aware of the problem (though they didn't say anything in the way of fixing it). In other words, the flaw was the game, not my system. Now it's happening with the Wii as well. Apparently it's every platform. (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/ea_games.html)

I wish I had known this before purchasing the game. What a waste. I tried twice this morning to play just one full game and both times it froze. Thanks EA.

Kurosawa Fan
12-27-2007, 04:12 PM
In other news, Super Mario Galaxy is way too fun. My behavior today with my kids has bordered on neglect (which is why we're leaving the house in a bit). It's so addictive. Sure, it's a bit too easy, but it's so fun and imaginative, it doesn't really matter. I've barely scratched the surface, so perhaps it gets a bit more challenging. I'll find out soon enough, as I'm going to have a hard time doing anything else for the next few weeks.

Saya
12-27-2007, 04:14 PM
The Guitar Hero battle against Lou (The Devil Went Down to Georgia) is kicking my ass on hard. Anyone got tips?

Ivan Drago
12-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Apparently it's every platform. (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/ea_games.html)

Eh, I have it for PS2 and I haven't had any problems. Well one - in my Franchise mode the Chicago Bears relocated to....Lincoln, Nebraska, and became the Lincoln Bandits. That's fucked up.

Spinal
12-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Ugh. I've about had it with the Madden franchise. I was having problems with the game freezing on my 360, and read online that EA was aware of the problem (though they didn't say anything in the way of fixing it). In other words, the flaw was the game, not my system. Now it's happening with the Wii as well. Apparently it's every platform. (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/ea_games.html)

I wish I had known this before purchasing the game. What a waste. I tried twice this morning to play just one full game and both times it froze. Thanks EA.

God damn it.

Ezee E
12-27-2007, 05:45 PM
God damn it.
I rarely have freezes during the game, but it has froze on me when I'm in the middle of a draft, or starting the new season. You usually forget to save during the offseason because you can do it all at once, and when you lose it all, you don't really feel the need to do it again.

Now for Madden, I just play online.

Scar
12-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Ratchet and Clank on PS3 is in-fucking-sane.

Kurosawa Fan
12-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Eh, I have it for PS2 and I haven't had any problems. Well one - in my Franchise mode the Chicago Bears relocated to....Lincoln, Nebraska, and became the Lincoln Bandits. That's fucked up.

If you read the article, it mentions that it's only next-generation consoles. PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii. I wrote EA an email asking for a refund. I'm sure it'll get ignored. I'll write another in a week or so with the words "report you to the Better Business Bureau", which in the past has produced results. :)

Kurosawa Fan
12-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I've collected 13 stars thus far in Super Mario Galaxy. What an addictive game. I'm really impressed. I'm not usually one for adventure games like these, but this one is ridiculously entertaining. I'm having a blast.

Raiders
12-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Guitar Hero III's battle system is simply aggravating. Zapping the opponent's amp? Breaking his string? Please. That type of cartoonish filler is useless to me.

Nonetheless, playing Metallica's One is glorious.

Kurosawa Fan
12-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Guitar Hero III's battle system is simply aggravating. Zapping the opponent's amp? Breaking his string? Please. That type of cartoonish filler is useless to me.

Nonetheless, playing Metallica's One is glorious.

Yeah, I don't much care for them either.

Ezee E
12-28-2007, 03:17 AM
Eh, I like the Battle Mode on Multiplayer just because it makes it quicker to play someone else. No need to play an entire song when it's usually clear from the get-go who is better.

DSNT
12-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I don't much care for them either.
I can't stand the battles either, on multiplayer or otherwise.

One is amazing, lotsa fun, but tires my hands out on Medium and Hard. Expert is unthinkable at this point.

My favorite song to play is When You Were Young, not just because its easy.

Spinal
12-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Are there any problems with Madden 2007 for the Wii? I wouldn't mind an older version of the game if it was less buggy.

Kurosawa Fan
12-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Are there any problems with Madden 2007 for the Wii? I wouldn't mind an older version of the game if it was less buggy.

I haven't heard of any, but at this point you might think about just holding out for 09. The #1 selling sports game in the world isn't going to release two bombs in a row. My guess is the next Madden will be right back on track, and perhaps will a few cool new features.

Sycophant
12-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Yes! That guy is a fucking genius. Check out his other Wiimote projects. It's insane how cool he is.Holy shit. I didn't realize this was the guy who made my steadicam.

Ivan Drago
12-28-2007, 11:03 PM
If you read the article, it mentions that it's only next-generation consoles.

I read it. It also said that the PS2 version had glitches, but not as bad as the next-gen consoles.

Yxklyx
12-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Does anyone have Crysis? I'm wondering if I should upgrade my GeForce 6800 to an 8800.

megladon8
12-29-2007, 02:06 AM
"Crysis" looks pretty sweet, though I've never caught on to the whole "upgrading your entire PC so you can play one game" thing.

I hope it gets a console release eventually. I'm sure it will.

Justin
12-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Bought Stranglehold today, it is pretty ridiculous. The sheer amount of chaos that goes on during the battles is pretty amazing sometimes.

Raiders
12-29-2007, 05:33 AM
One is amazing, lotsa fun, but tires my hands out on Medium and Hard. Expert is unthinkable at this point.

I'd like to think of myself a pretty good player at this game, but this does indeed look a little beyond me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TR6tv1nmcA

Yxklyx
12-29-2007, 05:59 AM
"Crysis" looks pretty sweet, though I've never caught on to the whole "upgrading your entire PC so you can play one game" thing.

Well, it's been a couple of years since I bought the computer and the upgrade would also boost performance for some older games that I'll probably replay, like Far Cry.

Scar
12-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I'd like to think of myself a pretty good player at this game, but this does indeed look a little beyond me:

Dear.... God.

Ezee E
12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Dear.... God.
Through the Fire and Flames is even crazier.

Hard is as far as I get. I can't beat most of those either.

Sven
12-29-2007, 02:10 PM

Looks passable. The hardest thing would be that machine gun bridge, where it switches real fast to that triplet. Other than that difficulty, I would just power through some of the harder shredding with the rock out juice and probably get three stars, possibly four with some practice, as I haven't played the game in months. You wanna see hard, check out that Dragon Force song. Yikes.

Raiders
12-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Looks passable. The hardest thing would be that machine gun bridge, where it switches real fast to that triplet. Other than that difficulty, I would just power through some of the harder shredding with the rock out juice and probably get three stars, possibly four with some practice, as I haven't played the game in months. You wanna see hard, check out that Dragon Force song. Yikes.

:eek:

I'm speechless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4M7f4-bhbE

Kurosawa Fan
12-29-2007, 05:14 PM
:eek:

I'm speechless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4M7f4-bhbE

This video is better (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg&feature=related), as you actually get to see the guy playing.

Morris Schæffer
12-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Hahaha. that's crazy!!!

megladon8
12-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Well, it's been a couple of years since I bought the computer and the upgrade would also boost performance for some older games that I'll probably replay, like Far Cry.

For what it was, I thought "Far Cry" was a damn good little shooter.

It did what it set out to do, and it did it well.

megladon8
12-29-2007, 10:27 PM
GameSpot gave their "Game of the Year" award to "Super Mario Galaxy".

I'm sure it's a great game and all, but I'm gonna have to side with D_Davis on this and say this was a pretty unoriginal choice for game of the year.

I love Mario as much as the next guy, but damn.

Raiders
12-29-2007, 10:40 PM

I'm sure it's a great game and all, but I'm gonna have to side with D_Davis on this and say this was a pretty unoriginal choice for game of the year.

I hate the unoriginal argument as if all the hard work into revamping and creating a brand new experience from a familiar series is easy work and should go unnoticed simply because the character is a household name. The fact that the game is so fresh and unique speaks volumes to the effort and detail put into its creation. This is the best game of the entire Mario series. I haven't played many other platforms so it seems entirely likely there are other games as deserving or maybe even more so, but of the games I have played, it certainly does deserve the honor.

Ezee E
12-29-2007, 11:00 PM

I couldn't imagine Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 being more original either.

Anyway, I got the Scene-It Movie game on the X-Box 360 for my roommates for Christmas, and we played it today. I kill them. I wish it had online because it would be great to play with you guys.

Kurosawa Fan
12-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Super Mario Galaxy is far and away the best game I played this year, though I'm not a gamer, so what do I know. Calling it unoriginal is absurd though. That game oozes originality and creativity.

Milky Joe
12-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I don't see what would be any less "unoriginal" about giving the GOTY to one of the dime-a-dozen FPS games that come out every year rather than what is possibly the best platformer ever made.

megladon8
12-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't know why my words are being twisted to sound like I called the actual game unoriginal.

I wouldn't know, I've never played it. And like I said, I'm sure it's a great game and all.

For the record I would have been just as disappointed if "Halo 3" won the award - and I own and love that game.

It just seems like "Super Mario Galaxy" practically won the award before it was even released.

Like what happened with Jeff Gerstmann getting fired for giving "Kane & Lynch" a mediocre review...I wonder who would have ended up getting fired or written off if they gave the award to some other game?

Kurosawa Fan
12-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I don't think they should worry about reputation when choosing the game of the year either, but avoiding titles because of their reputation is no different than including titles because of their reputation. They should just give the award to the best game, period. I don't think Mario, or Halo from what I've heard, are bad choices just because they're predictable.

D_Davis
12-30-2007, 08:23 PM
There is no game made this year better than Portal.

But if that game is too short, then it should have gone to The Orange Box, no question.

Milky Joe
12-30-2007, 08:39 PM
The Orange Box is not a game, though. It's a collection of games. A collection of games does not qualify for the Game of the Year award.

D_Davis
12-30-2007, 08:51 PM
The Orange Box is not a game, though. It's a collection of games. A collection of games does not qualify for the Game of the Year award.

Well, then give it to Portal, like I originally said.

number8
12-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Kevin Smith's X'mas gift:

http://lh5.google.com/dr.ramon/R3VEPAXvRbI/AAAAAAAAAUs/Ddiriml4umI/kswii-01.jpg?imgmax=720

http://lh4.google.com/dr.ramon/R3VEQwXvRcI/AAAAAAAAAU0/D52_cmeLrJE/kswii-02.jpg?imgmax=720

http://lh5.google.com/dr.ramon/R3VOVAXvRkI/AAAAAAAAAV4/5YqWtYMm8Gs/IMG_2200.JPG?imgmax=720

megladon8
12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
The new Penny Arcade cartoon is awesome for people like D_Davis and me who were very enthusiastic about "Portal" :)

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8379/pacartoonnt1.th.jpg (http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pacartoonnt1.jpg)

Sycophant
12-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Kevin Smith's X'mas gift:
Sometimes I wonder... If I were to have as wildly successful creative properties as Kevin Smith does, would I want to surround myself with as much of my own merchandising as Kevin Smith does?

At any rate, that's a pretty sweet design job.

Watashi
12-31-2007, 01:06 AM
Super Mario Galaxy is a Top Ten game fo sure.

I can't wait to replay it with the green one.

Gizmo
01-02-2008, 03:49 AM
So I officially got Guitar Hero 3 today, and officially just wasted 2 hours playing it with and against my brother.

bac0n
01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks to a now defunct Best Buy gift card, I am now the proud owner of Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the PS2.

So... what team should I start out with?

megladon8
01-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks to a now defunct Best Buy gift card, I am now the proud owner of Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the PS2.

So... what team should I start out with?

Swwweeeeet.

I love that game.

My first time was Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America and Spider-Man.

Though I got rid of Spider-Man pretty quickly. He kinda sucks.

D_Davis
01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Has anyone here shopped at a Play N' Trade, yet?

Spinal
01-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Madden (07) for the Wii is pretty fun. I was kind of dubious about the controls at first, but now that I've got the hang of it, I'm hooked.

bac0n
01-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is pretty flippin' sweet. I was totally marking out at all the villains I've come across so far. It seems everybody who's anybody is in the game, tho it's rather disappointing to find out that Moon Knight is playable only in next-gen versions of the game (even tho there's a moon knight load screen in the PS2 version :frustrated:). I hate it when developers do that shit.

My current team consists of: Captain America (I love his shield chuck. It's fun trying to angle the shots so it bounces off stuff and takes out multiple targets), Thor, Wolverine and Dr. Strange. Good to see that they kept the guy who voiced Wolvie in the X-Men cartoon and the guy who voiced Iron Man in XML2, and they got a dead-on sound alike for Patrick Stewart to voice Prof. X.

Ezee E
01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah, the Wolverine cartoon voice is just perfect casting. Hugh Jackman is great in the movies, but it still doesn't compare to the voice.

megladon8
01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah, the Wolverine cartoon voice is just perfect casting. Hugh Jackman is great in the movies, but it still doesn't compare to the voice.

Anything animated/video game Batman just isn't good unless it's Kevin Conroy.

That's like, the very definition of perfect voice casting.

...though Michael Ironside was pretty sweet as Batman, too.

number8
01-09-2008, 11:12 PM
d000dz!!!!!! D00000000DZZZZ!!111!!!1!!!

Darth Vader and Yoda are in Soul Calibur IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Scar
01-09-2008, 11:15 PM
d000dz!!!!!! D00000000DZZZZ!!111!!!1!!!

Darth Vader and Yoda are in Soul Calibur IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

BLARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OMFGWTFICFWFTFGNIN!!!!!!!

Scar
01-10-2008, 06:45 PM
BLARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OMFGWTFICFWFTFGNIN!!!!!!!

http://www.soulcalibur.com

I just shat myself.

Sycophant
01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Bastards aren't putting SC4 on the Wii. So bleh.

megladon8
01-10-2008, 06:57 PM
*drool*

That looks sweet.

But is it going to be like previous entries in the series where you only get certain characters on certain consoles?

I always thought that was pretty lame.

Scar
01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
*drool*

That looks sweet.

But is it going to be like previous entries in the series where you only get certain characters on certain consoles?

I always thought that was pretty lame.

Vader on PS3.

Yoda on XBOX.

w00t!

Mr. Valentine
i don't really understand how throwing in characters from one of the most over-milked franchises in entertainment into a fighting game where they don't belong is such great news but i guess that shows my distance from what the average videogamer gets excited about these days.

megladon8
Vader on PS3.

Yoda on XBOX.

w00t!

Argh!

Well, won't be getting that game, then.

Scar
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
i don't really understand how throwing in characters from one of the most over-milked franchises in entertainment into a fighting game where they don't belong is such great news but i guess that shows my distance from what the average videogamer gets excited about these days.

Hello Debby Downer.

Mr. Valentine
01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Hello Debby Downer.

:P

number8
01-10-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't understand why you don't understand.

It's a fighting game with Darth Vader. This shit hadn't happened since Teras Kasi. And I LOVED Teras Kasi.

Scar
01-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't understand why you don't understand.

It's a fighting game with Darth Vader. This shit hadn't happened since Teras Kasi. And I LOVED Teras Kasi.

The closest I've come to playing with Vader is being his wingman in Tie Fighter, so I'm going all kinds of crazy.

Ezee E
01-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Teras Kasi was actually a great fighting game. The combos you could set up with the Jedis were nuts.

number8
01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Totally. I mastered Luke's devastating lightsaber move that depletes the opponent's health in half. I can beat any sucka with Luke.

Ezee E
01-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Totally. I mastered Luke's devastating lightsaber move that depletes the opponent's health in half. I can beat any sucka with Luke.
Yeah. Once you were good with one of them, it was impossible to win with Boba Fett or anyone without the force.

bac0n
01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow, they're putting Vader on PS3 and Yoda on XBox? Talk about Xbox owners getting mud in the eye.

Scar
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Wow, they're putting Vader on PS3 and Yoda on XBox? Talk about Xbox owners getting mud in the eye.

*giggles*

Morris Schæffer
01-11-2008, 04:44 PM
*giggles*

Mudhole?