PDA

View Full Version : Magic Magic (Sebastián Silva)

Rowland
08-21-2013, 08:10 AM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn52/drowland811/magic-magic-poster_zps1b9e7cce.jpg

IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1929308/)

ciaoelor
08-22-2013, 01:06 AM
catalina sandino moreno.. if i ever see this she'll be the reason why

Henry Gale
08-22-2013, 01:38 AM
I kept confusing this and the other Michael Cera one from this year (Crystal Fairy), and then I found out Silva directed both of them too.

Suddenly viewing them as unusual counterparts that made things less complicated in my mind.

eternity
09-02-2013, 12:00 AM
One of the year's best. Rarely does a film ever genuinely disturb me, but this one grips you and doesn't let go.

wigwam
09-05-2013, 04:58 AM
:|

Yxklyx
09-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Wow, what an intense engrossing experience! Definitely going to be one of my favorites of this year. Have no idea where that 5.1 IMDB rating comes from.

eternity
09-28-2013, 03:57 AM
Three out of the four ratings on here are 5/5.

More people need to see this. It's so hard to shake off.

Rowland
09-28-2013, 07:40 AM
I wasn't as sold on it as the rest of you, but it's an interesting piece that definitely deserves to be seen by more people, and even if I'm not convinced it really holds together, it contains some of my favorite moments of the year.

"Three!... Two!... One!........."

Mal
01-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Been there done that, but it was still okay to watch, even with super annoying/creepy Cera.

Gizmo
01-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Juno Temple was wonderful in this, but otherwise, half of the film was so dark I couldn't make out what was going on. Then there was the odd events and rituals that also made things confusing, and not all that realistic. I get the idea of the madness Alicia felt, but I never really felt engrossed in the story as it meandered along from instance to instance without a real flow. Then it just ended.

Ezee E
01-29-2014, 08:51 PM
If I could find somewhere to view it I would. Not on Netflix or Redbox...

Rowland
01-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Juno Temple was wonderful in this, but otherwise, half of the film was so dark I couldn't make out what was going on. I experienced nothing like this. It sounds like either an issue with the media, or you need to tinker with the picture settings of whatever you watched it on.

Gizmo
01-29-2014, 11:08 PM
I experienced nothing like this. It sounds like either an issue with the media, or you need to tinker with the picture settings of whatever you watched it on.

It's probably somewhat to do with the copy I got, but still seemed like a lot of scenes were at night with the lighting set by fire and flashlights. It seemed styled to be realistic lighting, which led to a lot of scenes of single lit faces, and body shadows.

Rowland
01-30-2014, 02:22 AM
It's probably somewhat to do with the copy I got, but still seemed like a lot of scenes were at night with the lighting set by fire and flashlights. It seemed styled to be realistic lighting, which led to a lot of scenes of single lit faces, and body shadows.Oh yeah, there were definitely scenes like that, mostly towards the end, but I always felt like I was seeing everything that I was supposed to see.