PDA

View Full Version : We're The Millers (Rawson Marshall Thurber)

eternity
08-07-2013, 06:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/U4ZwfQc.png

eternity
08-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Well...it's better than The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, I guess.

Fezzik
08-07-2013, 07:26 PM
God, this was so disappointing.

It had its moments, but it mostly fell flat. I expected so much more. Just ugh.

D_Davis
08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
God, this was so disappointing.

It had its moments, but it mostly fell flat. I expected so much more. Just ugh.

Can I ask why you expected more? Not to be an ass or anything, but I might have missed something, because from the trailer all I could think of was why would anyone make this or want to watch it?

Fezzik
08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Can I ask why you expected more? Not to be an ass or anything, but I might have missed something, because from the trailer all I could think of was why would anyone make this or want to watch it?

The cast, for one. I liked the cast. The red band trailer gave me hope. Misplaced, yes, but hope nonetheless.

eternity
08-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd have to actually read the script to confirm, but a lot of what doesn't work in the movie seems like it might have worked on the page. I've read a few review blurbs that say the same thing; the tone of the film and what's actually happening/being said seem to be completely at odds with each other.

Fezzik
08-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I'd have to actually read the script to confirm, but a lot of what doesn't work in the movie seems like it might have worked on the page. I've read a few review blurbs that say the same thing; the tone of the film and what's actually happening/being said seem to be completely at odds with each other.

This is totally accurate. There were many times during the film where I'm like "That should have been funny. why wasn't that funny?" The tone was off for pretty much the entire film. Trying to juxtapose in your face "Adult" humor with tinged with slight darkness is fine. This movie just didn't know how to do it.

Instead of coming off as edgy, it just felt uncomfortable.

Fezzik
08-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Side note:

Jennifer Aniston? Still getting hotter with age.

Kurosawa Fan
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Side note:

Jennifer Aniston? Still getting hotter with age.

NO. The plastic surgery she's had on her face is awful.

wigwam
08-10-2013, 07:48 PM
:|

Dukefrukem
08-10-2013, 10:38 PM
NO. The plastic surgery she's had on her face is awful.

Huh?