PDA

View Full Version : Ginger & Rosa (Sally Potter)

Rowland
08-05-2013, 08:41 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn52/drowland811/tt2115295_ginger_und_rosa_zpsd 6a804d1.jpg

IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2115295/)

Kurosawa Fan
08-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I love that three people have seen and rated this, yet no one can even muster the effort to post about it. The silence, paired with the rating, is so much more effective than a negative review. :lol:

dreamdead
08-07-2013, 08:23 PM
It occurs to me that I've only seen Orlando, so has Potter done other quality work? Wasn't Yes well-received here?

Rowland
08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Five now, all negative, only three could be bothered to rate, and this is a film with a 79% on RT. Good job being right, MC.

Here's my review:

War = metaphor?!
Fanning = great
War = metaphor?!
Rosa = who was Rosa again?
War = metaphor?!
Benning & Platt = why?
War = metaphor?!

Boner M
08-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I knew it was doomed when it began with a mushroom cloud followed by a shot of its titular duo as newborns.

It's probably a bit better than my rating suggests (Fanning is very good) but it's also the worst kind of bad movie; banal, toneless, ambition-phobic.

Winston*
08-07-2013, 09:51 PM
A mistake to cast Christina Hendricks because it reminds that the latest season of Mad Men already did the coming of age in the 60s/father is a cad plot much more compellingly this year.

Those Platt and Benning characters were so extraneous that I assumed that they must have been holdovers from the film's source material. Nope. Original screenplay.

eternity
08-07-2013, 10:13 PM
So what you guys are telling me is that I should take this off my Netflix queue immediately?

wigwam
08-09-2013, 01:40 AM
:|

baby doll
08-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Oh and how much emotion are we supposed to extend to these dummies worried about nuclear bombs that we as the audience know nothing came of it? Let's make a period piece where people fret about Y2K next :roll:I hope this is sarcasm.

Izzy Black
08-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm sure there's a fun drinking game to be made with every time Elle Fanning looks in the mirror as Scary Nuke News plays on the radio and she Makes Faces, but after the umpteenth sub-Malick fingertips-to-a-surface (water) or handheld swoopy ephemeral communing with nature (snow angels make daddy fucking your best friend okay!) I couldn't be in the same room as this shitfest. There were a couple cool shots where she used a tripod, but the rest... ugh. Oh and how much emotion are we supposed to extend to these dummies worried about nuclear bombs that we as the audience know nothing came of it? Let's make a period piece where people fret about Y2K next :roll:

Cold War era was a legitimately scary time. Y'know...