PDA

View Full Version : The Numbers Station (Kasper Barfoed)

Thirdmango
07-10-2013, 03:07 PM
IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1659338/?ref_=sr_1)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/thirdmango/Match-Cut%20Movie%20Posters/poster-The-Numbers-Station_zpsa8582f91.jpg

Thirdmango
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Very bland thriller with absolutely no ambition. Someone watched a bottle episode of a TV show and thought, even though it doesn't work for a half hour comedy, I betcha it could work for a 90 minute movie.

Skitch
07-10-2013, 07:43 PM
I've seen far worse "thrillers" in the theater, so I don't see why it didn't get a theatrical.

Thirdmango
07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
I've seen far worse "thrillers" in the theater, so I don't see why it didn't get a theatrical.

It's just too bottle episode to be in the theaters. There are maybe 8 people in the movie and the main 2 are alone almost the whole movie. Also besides just orchestral accompaniment there's no music from any rock bands or anything like that. I didn't know much about it before watching it on netflix so I'm sorta surprised that you would wonder why this doesn't get a theatrical release, only now looking back it seems this did actually have a thread in the upcoming films so I guess you guys knew of it's existence. So I guess I can see the wonder, but I'm sure any executive could see it's not theater material.

This feels like a made for TNT TV movie. Cusack was a star at one point sure, and Akerman is hot in Childrens Hospital and it has one of the cool secondary characters from Game of Thrones for like 10 minutes...

Skitch
07-10-2013, 11:41 PM
It's just too bottle episode to be in the theaters. There are maybe 8 people in the movie and the main 2 are alone almost the whole movie. Also besides just orchestral accompaniment there's no music from any rock bands or anything like that. I didn't know much about it before watching it on netflix so I'm sorta surprised that you would wonder why this doesn't get a theatrical release, only now looking back it seems this did actually have a thread in the upcoming films so I guess you guys knew of it's existence. So I guess I can see the wonder, but I'm sure any executive could see it's not theater material.

This feels like a made for TNT TV movie. Cusack was a star at one point sure, and Akerman is hot in Childrens Hospital and it has one of the cool secondary characters from Game of Thrones for like 10 minutes...

Well I'm not championing it as a good movie, just saying I've seen worse get theatrical. But it did have a theatrical release date for a while, and then boom, it was on Netflix. Odd.