PDA

View Full Version : True Blood (Season 6)

EvilShoe
07-06-2013, 05:02 AM
Anyone else watching? Not the worst season so far, but kind of boring.

Henry Gale
07-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Watched the first episode and felt it was about as unremarkable (though a tad more enjoyable and potentially promising) than the previous year's premiere. Last year things eventually improved, but I think I'm going to let at least a few more weeks of it pile up so that I can just breeze through them all on a lazy afternoon, and hopefully by I'll automatically enjoy it more in that sort of condensed, hopefully more potent way with major developments arriving at a more satisfying pace, rather than every Sunday seeing things inch towards little by little with days in between where I barely think much of it.

Most serialized shows find a way to design themselves where there's an upside to spacing out the time between episodes, but at this point, True Blood has generally gotten thinner and slower in the amount of story it wants to tell and how it long it's content with doing so, all while making unnecessary pit-stops and detours along the way.

Lucky
07-15-2013, 01:42 AM
How much time has passed since Season 1? I think there was a gap in time between the 3rd and 4th seasons when Sookie disappears, but isn't the story mostly consistent? I find it a little funny when characters like Jason talk about how much they've changed when I'm pretty sure we've only known him for two years tops.

Lucky
07-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Pam's pain monologue was aces. Hopefully that wasn't a send off.

Lucky
07-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Carrie Preston often gets overlooked in this ensemble, but she can really step up when asked. Glad the new showrunner is proving he's not afraid to trim some fat. Keep it up. Making the show more intimate and personal is definitely the right direction.

EvilShoe
07-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Terry was always a bit in the background though, season 5 not withstanding. To truly trim the fat they should get rid of Alcide or Sam. Seriously Alcide, just die already.

Lucky
07-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Well, the storyline is shaping up to not being big enough for both of them in the same town. I wouldn't be surprised seeing your prediction come to fruition during the finale. Maybe the girl with Sam will expose the wolves and the humans will kill them all. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

Dukefrukem
07-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I watched an episode with my GF the other night, and it was the worst thing Iv'e ever seen on TV. I don't know how this is so popular. My god the acting...

amberlita
07-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I was really hoping...

that they would kill off Eric, so I could stop watching this show.

It's bizarre to me that Sookie, the main character, is not even involved in the central storyline (the war between vampires and humans)...

And the turn of events between her and Warlow at the end of last night's episode were ludicrious. Once he got tied up, I knew what they were going to do, logic be damned. Just an excuse to get Anna Paquin naked. Otherwise it makes no fucking sense, which is why Sookie gave that lame-ass reason for doing it in the first place.

I just need one more reason to dump this show. I'm tired of hate-watching it.

Lucky
08-05-2013, 02:23 AM
This show has become must watch for me again. The high heeled murder sequence was awkwardly exhilirating. If this season manages to stick the landing, it will be my favorite since the second.

Raiders
08-19-2013, 05:03 PM
This show has been pretty lame for a while now (basically the past two seasons have been awful, with season 4 being bad in a very entertaining way), but I have stuck with it out of a determination to see where the threadlines go for these characters.

Well, not any more. That finale was so utterly lame with writing that was frequently sub-daytime-soap level, woeful pacing and unenthused acting. One of the worst episodes of TV I have ever seen.

Lucky
08-19-2013, 09:17 PM
The last two episodes were an embarrassment to the HBO brand.