PDA

View Full Version : The Hangover: Part III (Todd Phillips)

TGM
05-24-2013, 05:46 PM
THE HANGOVER: PART III

Director: Todd Phillips

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951261/?ref_=sr_1)

http://static.blogo.it/cineblog/7/706/Una-notte-da-leoni-3-prima-clip-secondo-spot-tv-e-5-nuove-locandine-7.jpg

TGM
05-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Not as terrible as the second movie, but still not a good movie at all, really. It's also not an exact copy of the first movie again, but this thing just feels almost entirely devoid of actual humor. There were a couple of times where the film made me lightly chuckle, but I've already forgotten what those few moments even were.

Also, far too much Ken Jeong. That guy is just misery on screen. Blah.

Skitch
05-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Not as terrible as the second movie, but still not a good movie at all, really. It's also not an exact copy of the first movie again, but this thing just feels almost entirely devoid of actual humor. There were a couple of times where the film made me lightly chuckle, but I've already forgotten what those few moments even were.

Also, far too much Ken Jeong. That guy is just misery on screen. Blah.

Mirrors every review I've heard.

Henry Gale
05-24-2013, 08:59 PM
See, I was actually oddly curious about this when I started seeing the trailers and there weren't very many actual jokes to speak of, but not in the sense of it being a bad comedy or just because it was slightly diverging from the formula in a drier, less commercial way, but since it seemed like they decided for the last movie to go all-out and just make a really dark crime movie with these characters thrusted into a story that made them face the consequences of what they did in the first two movies beyond just leaving Doug outside to get a bad tan for his wedding and Stu's brother-in-law losing a finger (but still having a great weekend, guys!... wait, how?). I'm not sure how they pull off the tone of what I've seen in a lot of footage without at least some major characters dying.

But it just seems like they didn't really bring all of those musings together, and that it still leaves things open for another movie. I'll see this sometime down the line, just with the slight (naive) hope that my initial interest in it is actually tucked nicely into its structure and the generally bad reaction to it is everyone else just not wanting to see the same.

eternity
12-15-2013, 04:17 AM
This might be the best of the three, but I don't particularly like the series anyway. Meh. It exists.