PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstein's Army

Ezee E
05-06-2013, 10:08 PM
http://theawesomer.com/photos/2011/05/050611_frankensteins_army_t.jp g

IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1925435/?ref_=sr_1)

Spun Lepton
05-06-2013, 10:19 PM
The concept art for this is really fucking cool. If I can find it, I'll post it.

Winston*
05-06-2013, 10:23 PM
"Toward the end of World War II, Russian soldiers pushing into eastern Germany stumble across a secret Nazi lab, one that has unearthed and begun experimenting with the journal of one Dr. Victor Frankenstein. The scientists have used the legendary Frankenstein's work to assemble an army of super-soldiers stitched together from the body parts of their fallen comrades -- a desperate Hitler's last ghastly ploy to escape defeat. "

Really?:|

Spun Lepton
09-19-2013, 12:53 PM
This makes the same mistake that Apollo 18 does by setting a found-footage movie at a time when camera technology would not have been able to produce the image quality shown. All the filters and "clickety-click" sound effects in the world won't change that. The filmmakers obviously know it will be a big hurdle for suspension of disbelief, so they even have their characters address it, "I've never seen a camera like that. Is that a microphone?" And later, when we finally see the camera in a mirror, suspension of disbelief is dealt a major blow.

And that would have been fine if the story had been fun and interesting. It had a few clever moments, but not enough to add up to something worthwhile. Most of the movie is, "We're being attacked! Run!" All of the characters are flat and unlikeable, especially the cameraman. Accents are spotty, especially Dr. Frankenstein. Oh, did I mention there's not a single American/English character, but everybody speaks English?

The creature designs are cool. That's probably the biggest pro going for it.

Dukefrukem
09-19-2013, 01:04 PM
This makes the same mistake that Apollo 18 does by setting a found-footage movie at a time when camera technology would not have been able to produce the image quality shown.

Just want to quibble- this shot below was taken by a camera in June of 1966, and its equivalent to a 20MB digital photo taken today. I'd like to think that NASA was testing and developing tech that was way before it's time, and is now a commodity, which helps me get over this issue.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/Apollo_1_crew_during_water_egr ess_training,_June_1966.jpg

Spun Lepton
09-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Just want to quibble- this shot below was taken by a camera in June of 1966, and its equivalent to a 20MB digital photo taken today. I'd like to think that NASA was testing and developing tech that was way before it's time, and is now a commodity, which helps me get over this issue.

The image quality wouldn't have been a sticking point for either movie if the films themselves had seemed fun or worthwhile.

Dukefrukem
09-19-2013, 06:14 PM
The image quality wouldn't have been a sticking point for either movie if the films themselves had seemed fun or worthwhile.

And that's all fine, but that's not the argument.

Dukefrukem
06-27-2014, 05:54 PM
This was difficult to get into. When you have dialog like:

"Try to start that generator"
"Why?"
"Don't argue, just do it!"

Oh you mean so they can have the shot of experiment with a drill for a hand coming to life.