PDA

View Full Version : 88 Minutes

megladon8
01-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Trailer for the new Al Pacino thriller can be seen here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/88minutes/large.html).

This kind of came out of nowhere - I had never heard anything about this. The last I heard anything about Al Pacino, was in connection to that project he's doing with De Niro.

This looks like pretty standard, by-the-books thriller fare (ala Untraceable).

And once again...why do they have to give away so damn much in the trailer??

Sycophant
01-29-2008, 12:50 AM
According to the IMDb page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411061/), the Brazillian DVD cut was 110 minutes. Not 88.

And there I was willing to give it a shot 'cause it was so short.

Rowland
01-29-2008, 12:51 AM
And once again...why do they have to give away so damn much in the trailer??I'm sure you already know the answer to that.

You don't have to watch the trailers.

megladon8
01-29-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm sure you already know the answer to that.

You don't have to watch the trailers.

I'm a little lost with both of these comments...

Wryan
01-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Geez, talk about telescoping a likely-weeks-long investigation and slow-burn stalker act into a trash compactor. All that shit couldn't even happen in 88 minutes.

Rowland
01-29-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm a little lost with both of these comments...I thought that was an angry rhetorical question. The reason they give away so much in the trailers is because that is what audiences like to see. They like to feel comfortable in their expectations, so making trailers as mini-narratives that give away most of the movie is ideal.

And like I said, if you are worried about stuff being given away, you should really just avoid watching them.

megladon8
01-29-2008, 02:15 AM
I thought that was an angry rhetorical question. The reason they give away so much in the trailers is because that is what audiences like to see. They like to feel comfortable in their expectations, so making trailers as mini-narratives that give away most of the movie is ideal.

OK - yes, I know this.

It just angers me that it's become so commonplace - and that something like this would make people feel more "comfortable".

I like to feel shock, surprise and awe in a movie.

And like I said, if you are worried about stuff being given away, you should really just avoid watching them.

Again, I agree, but this isn't really a movie I am particularly interested in ever seeing, so it's not like I'm worried about things being ruined for me.

I just meant in general.

Rowland
01-29-2008, 02:22 AM
OK - yes, I know this.Oh... so why didn't you understand when I said that you probably already knew the answer to the question, since you just said you do? *shrug*

megladon8
01-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Oh... so why didn't you understand when I said that you probably already knew the answer to the question, since you just said you do? *shrug*

I don't know - I was confused at the time by what you said.

AAHH! Stop looking at me!