PDA

View Full Version : Never Back Down

Kurosawa Fan
01-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/neverbackdown/trailer/)

*takes shot*

Seriously though, what the hell is Djimon Hounsou doing? This has to be a contractual obligation, right? Right?

Dukefrukem
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
hehe

number8
01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Are you kidding? Do you know what kind of movies Djimon Honsou does? In America and Blood Diamond were flukes. This is his resume after In America, not counting Blood Diamond:

Biker Boyz
Tomb Raider 2
Constantine
Beauty Shop
The Island
Eragon

Dukefrukem
01-24-2008, 05:14 PM
you forgot Deep Rising...and I guess Gladiator was a fluke too? That was an ok supporting role.

Kurosawa Fan
01-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Are you kidding? Do you know what kind of movies Djimon Honsou does? In America and Blood Diamond were flukes. This is his resume after In America, not counting Blood Diamond:

Biker Boyz
Tomb Raider 2
Constantine
Beauty Shop
The Island
Eragon

Wow. I've never seen any of those (aside from Constatine, which wasn't as blatantly ridiculous as this film most certainly will be), and I guess I never attached him to them. That's unfortunate. The guy has a lot of talent. It's a shame to waste it in stuff like this.

number8
01-24-2008, 05:29 PM
you forgot Deep Rising...and I guess Gladiator was a fluke too? That was an ok supporting role.

No, I'm only counting what he did after his Oscar nom. But those are also terrible movies.

megladon8
01-24-2008, 05:34 PM
No, I'm only counting what he did after his Oscar nom. But those are also terrible movies.

Gladiator is a terrible movie?

I can understand not liking it, but saying it's terrible seems a little far.

Morris Schæffer
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Gladiator is a terrible movie?

I can understand not liking it, but saying it's terrible seems a little far.

I kinda thought it kicked serious ass.

Dukefrukem
01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm still interested in his film after this one. 'Push'

The action packed sci-fi thriller involves a group of young American ex-pats with telekinetic and clairvoyant abilities, hiding from a clandestine U.S. government agency. They must utilize their different talents and band together for a final job enabling them to escape the agency forever.

Wryan
01-25-2008, 05:55 AM
He was in Constantine? Where?

number8
01-25-2008, 06:49 AM
He was in Constantine? Where?

He was Papa Midnite. You know, the only black guy in the film?

EvilShoe
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM
I liked that movie where he played this wise African guy.