PDA

View Full Version : The Invisible War (Dick)

Lazlo
12-10-2012, 02:53 AM
IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2120152/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkyNjUzOTg4MV5BMl5BanBnXk FtZTcwOTIyMzc4Nw@@._V1._SY317_ .jpg

dreamdead
12-10-2012, 03:28 AM
This was really powerful. Amazing to see how woefully inept the judicial system becomes as it protects itself.

I will say that the sequences where Kori and her husband exhibit marital arguments is awkward and feels "performed" since so little of the rest of the film features these kind of segments.

eternity
12-10-2012, 06:54 AM
What a fucking gutpunch.

EyesWideOpen
12-17-2012, 03:48 AM
This is a film that everyone should be watching.

number8
12-17-2012, 04:40 AM
This is a film that everyone should be watching.

I generally feel that way about all of Dick's docs.

dreamdead
01-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Showed this to a classroom of students. They were rightfully infuriated and belligerent of the cover-ups that the military were exhibiting throughout. I'm pleased.

The focus on Kori still bothers me a little. I think Dick and his team needed to balance the cinema verite coverage with Myla (who also discusses a child) or Trina (the individual raped in Alaska) more to allow it to seem more authentic and less artificially composed around them alone.

Kurosawa Fan
01-25-2013, 01:52 AM
My wife watched this last night and informed me that one of the women was raped while stationed in Saginaw. More notoriety for my wonderful hometown. :|

Grouchy
02-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Showed this to a classroom of students. They were rightfully infuriated and belligerent of the cover-ups that the military were exhibiting throughout. I'm pleased.

The focus on Kori still bothers me a little. I think Dick and his team needed to balance the cinema verite coverage with Myla (who also discusses a child) or Trina (the individual raped in Alaska) more to allow it to seem more authentic and less artificially composed around them alone.
I think this has to do with the simple fact that not everyone is so open about allowing a documentary crew inside their household. Maybe Kori and her husband were the only ones who agreed to that kind of coverage. Those two have a very unhealthy bond, by the way, but how could it possibly be better after what she's going through?

Great doc.