PDA

View Full Version : HBO Movie Thread - Now Showing: Clear History

Lucky
10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
The Girl premieres tonight on HBO at 9 EST. You know, the other Hitch movie with Toby Jones. Focus is on Hitch's relationship with leading lady Tippi Hedren.

HxMslIwsCZU

Anyone else planning on watching?

Lucky
10-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Man, this was dull. Sienna Miller is beautiful, though.

ledfloyd
10-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Man, this was dull. Sienna Miller is beautiful, though.
Well then, I don't feel too bad about missing it.

Lucky
02-13-2013, 02:37 AM
New Miniseries: Parade's End

Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch and a blonde Rebecca Hall

eTDCj9-spF8

I thought we used to be able to edit thread titles, has that feature been disabled with the new site?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out!

EyesWideOpen
02-13-2013, 03:39 AM
I thought we used to be able to edit thread titles, has that feature been disabled with the new site?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out!

Yeah it never did. I had to pm a mod to change a title before and now also. When you edit it just changes the title of your original post but it doesn't change the actual thread title.

Thirdmango
02-13-2013, 06:43 AM
I will regularly be checking this thread out so if you put up a new one I'll change the title.

Lucky
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
I will regularly be checking this thread out so if you put up a new one I'll change the title.

Great, thanks!

Lucky
02-27-2013, 03:26 AM
This started tonight, by the way. I'll probably watch the first two parts when I get off work tomorrow.

Lucky
02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Well this isn't off to a very good start. Cumberbatch is the only one holding my interest here. I'm not familiar with the original novels, but Sylvia is one of the most despisable literary creatures that I've had the displeasure of experiencing. I thought Rebecca Hall was charming in Vicky Christina Barcelona, but she comes off so amateur here. Her performance feels self-aware and overplayed--like a highschool drama star unable to suppress her histrionics while playing dress up. The unknown actress playing the supporting role is starting to appeal to me, but she had a clumsy emotional outburst earlier that is still leaving a bad taste. The production value is impressive, the adaptation has our characters sprouting dialogue straight out of an old novel, and everyone is having an affair. And the war has started. Right on schedule.

amberlita
03-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Still have the full 5 hours sitting on my DVR. Your lukewarm response has kept me from watching it, despite the presence of Cumberbatch. Did it improve at all, Lucky? Is it worth it?

Lucky
03-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Still have the full 5 hours sitting on my DVR. Your lukewarm response has kept me from watching it, despite the presence of Cumberbatch. Did it improve at all, Lucky? Is it worth it?

No, it did not. It's no Mildred Pierce. I was multitasking during parts 4 and 5 so it didn't even get my undivided attention. I feel like it's pretty consistent throughout, though. If you like part 1, by all means continue.

Lucky
03-10-2013, 12:49 AM
I am looking forward to the upcoming Pacino/Mirren film.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJK4i_K_38E

EvilShoe
04-08-2013, 11:32 AM
How was the Phil Spector one?

Behind the Candelabra looks really good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QqAC1yiIROw

amberlita
05-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Bumping to remind folks of Behind the Candelabra. Sunday at 9pm. Read a couple of glowing reviews and I think it looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqAC1yiIROw

ledfloyd
05-26-2013, 03:31 AM
Cannot wait.

Henry Gale
05-26-2013, 03:35 PM
I love for how currently raved about it's being at Cannes that we get to see it so immediately. Not sure another case where the festival to home (or really even widely theatrical) window has been so uniquely short.

Apparently it's still getting a theatrical release in places like the UK too.

Mara
05-27-2013, 06:41 PM
I would watch an entire spin-off movie about Cheyenne Jackson and his bitch-face.

Thirdmango
08-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Gonna probably watch Clear History today, for those that don't know it's a Larry David driven comedy. There's a post for those who have seen it already in the 2013 thread, but I thought I'd post here in case people didn't know this was an HBO movie.