PDA

View Full Version : Mansome (Morgan Spurlock)

EyesWideOpen
09-25-2012, 05:17 AM
imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294729/)

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc261/gothamcentral79/mansome.jpg

EyesWideOpen
09-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Morgan Spurlock has now released two incredibly average documentaries this year. I'm giving this the mildest of yay's due to the Arnett and Bateman banter (which is only like 10 minutes of the movie) and a fucking hilarious Zach Galifianakis joke. Otherwise this documentary doesn't know where it's going or what it's talking about. The stuff with the celebrities is occasionally funny but the actual people this film documents in each segment which makes up 80% of the film did nothing for me.

Henry Gale
09-25-2012, 06:21 AM
Yeah, it's somewhat entertaining but goes on for way longer than it should and ultimately amounts to very little. And though it's fun to hear a bunch of actors and comedians I like share their thoughts on the type of broad ideas the film brings up, even then a lot of their comments have a sort of "But what I do know / care?" tone to them, and those points are never really balanced with enough actual examples or filmed evidence to develop an interesting enough thesis.

This might have worked better as a series of individual webisodes or something, since all of this material together as a final product doesn't really gel, despite some of it being pretty funny. But about every ten minutes I found myself checking exactly how far I was in it, something I hardly ever do, and the whole thing is only 80 minutes.

transmogrifier
09-25-2012, 06:28 AM
This has to be one of the most boring possible topics for a theatrical documentary I could ever imagine. I can't believe someone heard the pitch and thought "Yes, that is exactly the thought-provoking topic the world has been yearning for. Take my money now."

I will never, ever watch it. In fact, this post will be the final time I give this project any thought.

eternity
12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
This has to be one of the most boring possible topics for a theatrical documentary I could ever imagine. I can't believe someone heard the pitch and thought "Yes, that is exactly the thought-provoking topic the world has been yearning for. Take my money now."

I will never, ever watch it. In fact, this post will be the final time I give this project any thought.

In The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, you get to watch former NBC co-chair/executive producer Ben Silverman pitch Mansome to Spurlock. Considering how aggressively pointless this documentary is, it really puts the rampant decline of NBC post-Friends into a bit of a new perspective.