PDA

View Full Version : Sleepwalk with Me (Mike Birbiglia & Seth Barrish)

EyesWideOpen
09-08-2012, 06:25 AM
imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2077851/)

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc261/gothamcentral79/Sleepwalk-With-Me-Poster.jpg

ledfloyd
09-08-2012, 07:19 AM
i watched this tonight. it's not super original or memorable, but i laughed quite a bit. birbiglia's sense of humor is right up my alley.

Thirdmango
10-29-2012, 03:59 AM
I loved Birbiglia before I saw this movie so when I heard about it I knew I had to see it. It's only playing in one theater here in Utah and I saw it yesterday and absolutely adored it. It resonated with me extremely well and anyone who likes Birbiglia's humor or his story telling will love this film.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
This was pretty enjoyable. Not particularly great or anything, but I liked it. I'm already a fan of Birbiglia's stand up so I don't know how much that influenced my opinion, but either way it's worth a watch.

I generally get bored quickly watching a movie about couples with relationship issues, but it seemed pretty genuine/natural here so that was definitely a plus. The movie itself might have needed a little something extra to really push it over the top, but it's good for what it is.

eternity
12-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Mike Birbiglia Treats His Girlfriend Like Shit For 79 Minutes: The Movie

dreamdead
12-20-2012, 04:35 PM

This isn't far from the truth. The film's strength is in how Lauren Ambrose imbues Abby with warmth and trust. Even though Birbiglia dismisses much of what kept the couple together, Ambrose transcends the character type so that the eventual reality of how non-compatible they are resonates beyond the script's easy dismissal.

Abby as portrayed doesn't deserve the shitty treatment that she's given, and it's due to Ambrose's performance (coupled with good writing) that this film rises above the formula. It might be the best performance that I see in an average film.

Skitch
12-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Not without fault, but a definite yay.

EyesWideOpen
01-07-2013, 01:41 AM

That's pretty truthful. Mike is unlikable and an idiot. But I don't need to like a protagonist to like a movie and this was very funny and poignant throughout.