PDA

View Full Version : Celeste & Jesse Forever (Lee Toland Krieger)

EyesWideOpen
08-26-2012, 10:46 PM
imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1405365/)

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc261/gothamcentral79/celeste-and-jesse-forever-poster.jpg

Fezzik
09-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Saw this tonight. I had no idea what it was about going in (its what my date wanted to see), but it wasn't bad.

It wasn't the deepest experience of my life but a lot of what happened felt real - definitely a plus in the "romcom" universe. I enjoyed it, and there were a few inspired comic moments and the camera work was a surprise - very well done.

Rashida Jones was excellent in this, too. I've never seen her better, actually.

Mal
01-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Great script, great acting from Rashida Jones. Probably won't attract a lot of folks beyond fans of the actors involved, but it surprised me by actually giving a damn about being about something.

dreamdead
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
I can see being generous to this film because there are illuminating moments throughout that have the touch of truth, but it's couched equally in scenes that are blatantly artificial and Screenwriting 101--see Celeste's dates with the Yoga guy or Celeste digging through the trash just as Jesse and Veronica show up. Again, there's a good sense of care and love for these characters, but it's trying to be a crowd-pleaser as well as a truer "indie" film, and these dueling interests neuter one another.

Jones is good in this, but she's natural in everything she does. The more interesting performance was Samberg's... he's not called on to go through as many nuances as Jone, but he does well in this. Like to see him be more experimental.

DavidSeven
04-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Met my expectations, and I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was. I thought it was almost entirely successful in being what it wanted to be. There were a few forced bits and it never really hits any great cinematic heights, but I found it engaging, funny and, at times, deeply affecting. I was impressed by how well it tapped into that comfortable goofiness exhibited in the relationships of young-ish couples. Your standard Hollywood romcom fare never seems to get it right.