PDA

View Full Version : The Apparition (Todd Lincoln)

Bosco B Thug
08-25-2012, 01:46 AM
http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/The-Apparition-Poster-Hi-res.jpg

Not that anyone's as much a sucker as me, but for the love of God no one see this movie.

Joe Lozito, Big Picture Big Sound:

And this is not a subjective judgement. Speaking strictly quantitatively: there is absolutely nothing to recommend about this film.

Sxottlan
08-25-2012, 07:00 AM
I never even saw a trailer for this. And the TV ads just show a Kristen Stewart lookalike being groped.

MadMan
08-25-2012, 08:00 AM
I never even saw a trailer for this. And the TV ads just show a Kristen Stewart lookalike being groped.I believe that is Ashley Greene, who I think was in the Twilight movies with Kristen Stewart. Why she chose this crappy looking horror film as her next project is puzzling. Reminds me of when Ebert, upon reviewing a terrible movie, would note that perhaps the actors involved should consider finding new agents.

Bosco B Thug
08-25-2012, 05:37 PM
I never even saw a trailer for this. And the TV ads just show a Kristen Stewart lookalike being groped.
There were times in the movie where they made her up to be pretty dead-ringerish to Kristen Stewart, even though she doesn't really look like her.

I'd seen the full trailer numerous times behind films in the theater, and it's a real bamboozle. It tricks you into thinking it's a psychological ghost film that looks at the idea, "Once you believe, then you die," but actually, that phrase isn't even in the movie and it's an entire construct made for the trailer! Real hilarious stuff (not).

It's just another vapid entry into the "haunted suburban home" genre.

Spun Lepton
08-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Its RT score is sad.

[ETM]
08-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Greene is beautiful and really, really hot.

MadMan
08-26-2012, 07:40 AM
;439109']Greene is beautiful and really, really hot.Yes. That's why I wish she would make better movies.