http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/Dukefrukem/BOTHMC/Pazuzu-1.gif

Weapon: Possesses little girls
Advantages: can vomit and curse a lot, rotate body parts
Weaknesses: holy water, prayers,

vs

Poltergeist

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/Dukefrukem/BOTHMC/poltergeist.gif

Weapon: Psychokinesis
Advantages: disables all cable TV to static, rearranges furniture in the house, makes you think you are peeling your face off, creates a giant portal in your closet and sucks you through another dimension
Weaknesses: spiritual mediums

Dukefrukem
08-15-2012, 01:58 PM
the Fight of the round

Irish
08-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Are you kidding? This is a no brainer.

Call me when Carol Anne spits up pea soup and makes sweet, sweet love to a crucifix and that pussy poltergeist stops playing with the TV remote.

Kurosawa Fan
08-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Pazuzu seems to have no power outside of a human host. Poltergeist has proved it can handle humans. Poltergeist wins.

Dukefrukem
08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Are you kidding? This is a no brainer.

Call me when Carol Anne spits up pea soup and makes sweet, sweet love to a crucifix and that pussy poltergeist stops playing with the TV remote.

You mean when that pussy poltergeist makes a tree eat your kids and suck you through a portal into the underverse?

Dukefrukem
08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Pazuzu seems to have no power outside of a human host. Poltergeist has proved it can handle humans. Poltergeist wins.

This was my thought process as well. But there's still a force Pazuzu can inflect without humans.

Irish
08-15-2012, 03:57 PM

That's a good point, but the poltergeist doesn't seem to have much, if any, power outside the house and that Indian burial ground.

Pazuzu and his cronies can kill people anywhere in the world. Speaking of which, what's the poltergeist's body count? Does he (they?) actually hurt anyone in the first movie?

You mean when that pussy poltergeist makes a tree eat your kids and suck you through a portal into the underverse?

I'll give you the tree and that clown on pure creepiness, but that's where I draw the line. :P

Kurosawa Fan
08-15-2012, 04:09 PM
That's a good point, but the poltergeist doesn't seem to have much, if any, power outside the house and that Indian burial ground.

If the fight is gonna take place, and the poltergeist can't leave the burial ground, then the fight has to take place on the burial ground. Victory to poltergeist.

Irish
08-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Victory to poltergeist.

Maybe. Depends on how we're gauging it.

Mano e mano, both these guys are incorpeal and can't be killed by conventional means. Both have limitations in the physical world: The poltergeist is stuck in suburbia and the demon needs human hosts, or some way to manifest itself. I think Pazuzu wins out because the scope of his power is much wider than the poltergeist's.

As movie monsters, Pazuzu is much scarier to me. The poltergeist is creepy, but ultimately harmless. The demon can not only kill you, but before he does that he has the ability to take away and surpress your entire identity.

MadMan
08-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Both of them are pretty scary to me, really. I'll have to think about this one, and I really wish this battle was a final one or at least in the top 4.

Dukefrukem
08-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Looks like KF convinced everyone.

Irish
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Criminal. Inconceivable. I demand a recount!

Kurosawa Fan
08-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Criminal. Inconceivable. I demand a recount!

I am one persuasive bastard. :P

MadMan
08-18-2012, 07:45 AM
I decided, but not because of KF. In fact I was almost considering voting for Pazuzu in a foolish and lame attempt to spite him, but then I realized that the Poltergeist should win this battle.

Scar
08-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Fucking logic.

Irish
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't get the odd love for the Poltergeist. It has won by a good margin in every battle, but it's not all that powerful nor is it deadly.

I also take some small solace in the fact that Scar voted Candyman. :P

Scar
08-18-2012, 09:48 PM
I prefer Exorcist over Poltergeist, but I went with logic on this one.

Irish
08-18-2012, 10:03 PM
We're talking about two non corporeal beings battling it out. Not sure 'logic' is the word you're looking for. ;)