PDA

View Full Version : Your Sister's Sister (Lynn Shelton)

elixir
07-04-2012, 04:20 AM
YOUR SISTER'S SISTER
Director: Lynn Shelton

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1742336/)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TXgp8tuUGiY/T49GJrDAuEI/AAAAAAAACNg/A6IFH3NurM4/s400/Your%2B_Sisters_Sister_poster_ pelicula.jpg

elixir
07-04-2012, 04:23 AM
I was sort of grooving on its low-key, pleasant sensibilities through the first two-third of the film (and I've always have wanted to see more of DeWitt since Rachel Getting Married), but then the third act comes along and killed the minor goodwill it had built up for me with its contrived way of addressing conflict and its Big Emotional Moments and it's just a really annoying final section. So, mild nay seems about right.

Pop Trash
07-04-2012, 04:43 AM
I take it this is better than Jeff, Who Lives at Home right?

elixir
07-04-2012, 04:44 AM
I take it this is better than Jeff, Who Lives at Home right?
Well, I hate that movie, so yeah, I think it's definitely better.

NickGlass
07-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I was sort of grooving on its low-key, pleasant sensibilities through the first two-third of the film (and I've always have wanted to see more of DeWitt since Rachel Getting Married), but then the third act comes along and killed the minor goodwill it had built up for me with its contrived way of addressing conflict and its Big Emotional Moments and it's just a really annoying final section. So, mild nay seems about right.

All this is true, but I gave it a yay (same 3-star rating as you, though) because its been a year since I saw it and it's such a benevolent film and I'm feeling friendly right now.

WHY MONTAGES WHY

Pop Trash
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I was sort of grooving on its low-key, pleasant sensibilities through the first two-third of the film, but then the third act comes along and killed the minor goodwill it had built up for me with its contrived way of addressing conflict and its Big Emotional Moments and it's just a really annoying final section. So, mild nay seems about right.

What's strange is that this may as well be my review for Jeff, Who Lives at Home. Like...exactly. Now I sound like Jeff. IT'S A SIGN MAN!

EyesWideOpen
01-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Surprised more people haven't seen this.