PDA

View Full Version : Indie Game: The Movie (Lisanne Pajot & James Swirsky)

Stay Puft
06-16-2012, 10:14 PM
INDIE GAME: THE MOVIE
Directors: Lisanne Pajot & James Swirsky

IMDb page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942884/)

http://i.imgur.com/dofkx.png

Stay Puft
06-16-2012, 10:19 PM
This movie started as a kickstarter campaign, premiered at Sundance, and has recently had various theatrical engagements (missed it when it played Toronto a couple weeks back).

It is now available on Steam! I'll probably grab it and watch it next week.

EyesWideOpen
06-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks for reminding me. Giant Bomb has been talking this up a bunch and as a huge fan of Fez I'm looking forward to watching this. Maybe I'll watch this tonight.

EyesWideOpen
06-30-2012, 03:20 AM
This was fantastic. Highly recommended especially if you're a videogame fan. I am pretty unknowledgable when it comes to how people actually makethem though so this film was endlessly fascinating for me. Phil Fish is awesome sauce.

eternity
12-08-2012, 11:37 PM
A fluff piece that is too insignificant for those who don't care about the subject and too redundant for those who do.

Skitch
12-09-2012, 03:47 AM
A fluff piece that is too insignificant for those who don't care about the subject and too redundant for those who do.

As someone who would fall square in the middle of those two groups, I thought it was terrific. I figured I would enjoy it, but by the end I was totally enthralled, and dare I say almost a little teary.

Thirdmango
06-05-2013, 11:07 AM
The one saving grace of this movie was the Super Meat Boy plot. Those people I really want to get to know. Everyone else bothered me or I was just not entertained by. Phil Fish and Jonathan Blow I'm sure are nice and they're good at making videos games but they shouldn't be in front of a video camera.

Stay Puft
12-28-2013, 02:07 PM
I was organizing my Steam library earlier and saw this and wow I totally forgot about this but anyways I just watched it and eh, I mostly agree with eternity. It's a shallow, unfocused fluff piece. I didn't find it terribly engaging or illuminating or anything.