PDA

View Full Version : SHROOMS!

Wryan
01-16-2008, 03:38 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/shrooms/trailer

AHAHAHAHA! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

/cries tears of golden joy

And the Wilhelm scream at the end? That's Mastercard Priceless right there.

Sven
01-16-2008, 03:47 AM
And the Wilhelm scream at the end? That's Mastercard Priceless right there.

That scream is familiar, but it's not the Wilhelm (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio).

My favorite exchange:
"He took the phones."
"What a dickhead."

megladon8
01-16-2008, 03:49 AM
It looks like it could be fun, but that trailer seems to have spoiled pretty much every potentially scary/creepy/surprising moment in the movie.

And I would be really pissed if at the end it turns out it was all just a bad trip, or one of them had a trip so bad that he/she killed the rest of them.

EDIT: And it's also apparent, at least from that trailer, that no one involved in writing the movie has ever done shrooms.

Wryan
01-16-2008, 03:54 AM
That scream is familiar, but it's not the Wilhelm (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio).

My favorite exchange:
"He took the phones."
"What a dickhead."

Dammit! Then what's that scream called? It nearly as ubiquitous (and just as annoying) as the Wilhelm.

Sven
01-16-2008, 04:05 AM
Dammit! Then what's that scream called? It nearly as ubiquitous (and just as annoying) as the Wilhelm.

After doing a quick ten minute search for the answer, I got nothing. I came across several threads of several message boards querying about it, but with no answers.

megladon8
01-16-2008, 04:19 AM
I recognize that scream from the game StarCraft...does that help at all?

I know StarCraft lifted a lot of sound effects and voice-overs from Aliens.

number8
01-16-2008, 05:12 AM
Fantastic idea that is probably bungled.

Wryan
01-16-2008, 05:56 AM
I recognize that scream from the game StarCraft...does that help at all?

I know StarCraft lifted a lot of sound effects and voice-overs from Aliens.

Holy shit you're right. I played SC a ton but had forgotten that said scream was in there. You're also right that it lifts from Aliens. I remember now. The scream is from when dude carrying the cartridges in the bag gets a face full of flamethrower and topples over the railing or whatever. Same scream. Now if we could only figure out where IT came from.

Bosco B Thug
01-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Doesn't look like it capitalizes on its premise. I see little "trip" in there.

MadMan
01-16-2008, 08:54 PM
It looks like it could be fun, but that trailer seems to have spoiled pretty much every potentially scary/creepy/surprising moment in the movie.

And I would be really pissed if at the end it turns out it was all just a bad trip, or one of them had a trip so bad that he/she killed the rest of them.

EDIT: And it's also apparent, at least from that trailer, that no one involved in writing the movie has ever done shrooms.Yeah I agree that the trailer probably spoiled all of the possible scary moments in the film. Still the film has a decent premise, even if it will probably descend into the usual cliched slasher picture.

Justin
01-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I much prefer that scream to the Willhelm scream, although I have never been able to find out much about it. I do know it makes an appearance in AHHH Real Monsters, Face/Off and in Broken Arrow(When Howie Long gets kicked off of the train).

monolith94
01-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah, that scream is very reminiscent of the sound from Starcraft which is connected to the Terran academy.

For once, I'd like to see a film where there are teenagers behaving badly but it isn't them who're getting killed.

MadMan
01-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah, that scream is very reminiscent of the sound from Starcraft which is connected to the Terran academy.

For once, I'd like to see a film where there are teenagers behaving badly but it isn't them who're getting killed.You mean something like the older folks who inhabit the town nearby get wasted instead? That would be an at the very least a decent twist/take on the whole thing....