PDA

View Full Version : Looking For That Tom Cruise Clip?

Scar
01-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Its been hosted by a kind soul at RT....

http://www.mediafire.com/?bjdqvv9hmks

Ezee E
01-16-2008, 12:40 AM
what Tom Cruise clip?

Scar
01-16-2008, 12:41 AM
what Tom Cruise clip?

Crazy Scientology gobbly-gook.

number8
01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
So I saw a YouTube link for this, clicked, and this message came up:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International

Derek
01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
So I saw a YouTube link for this, clicked, and this message came up:

That makes sense. I'd imagine they need to brainwash you for at least a couple hours before you're prepared for 9+ minutes of batshit crazy Cruise.

[ETM]
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
I need to meditate for a few days before I attempt watching that again...

shaun
01-16-2008, 08:36 PM
What is SP and why does he laugh maniacally when talking about it? Other than him being mad as a hatter of course.

It's sort of creepy.

Rowland
01-16-2008, 08:54 PM
What is SP and why does he laugh maniacally when talking about it? Other than him being mad as a hatter of course.Suppressive Persons, aka enemies of Scientology.

D_Davis
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Suppressive Persons, aka enemies of Scientology.

They have a list of all the SPs, and the church's lawyers and accountants go after them to bring about personal and financial ruin.

Here is the best information available in the world on Scientology.

I've spent months scouring all of this information:

http://www.xenu.net/

Raiders
01-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Meh. Change around a few words, call SPs 'non-believers' and 'spectators' to 'Christmas & Easter Christians' and that's hardly any different than many-a-sermon I have seen/heard coming from church ministers. Cruise may have a wild, somewhat scary look in his eye, but he's really just giving a testimony to his faith. I don't really feel comfortable criticizing him for it.

Derek
01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Meh. Change around a few words, call SPs 'non-believers' and 'spectators' to 'Christmas & Easter Christians' and that's hardly any different than many-a-sermon I have seen/heard coming from church ministers. Cruise may have a wild, somewhat scary look in his eye, but he's really just giving a testimony to his faith. I don't really feel comfortable criticizing him for it.

Does D_Davis's point that "the church's lawyers and accountants go after them to bring about personal and financial ruin" make you at least a bit more comfortable? Scientology is about as "faith-based" as most cults and simply having faith in something doesn't mean you shouldn't be criticized for it. I could believe that David Koresh was the second coming of Jesus Christ or that after we die, we'll live amidst mountains of ice cream and chocolate syrup will rain from the skies, but if I did, I sure wish most people would have the common courtesy to tell me I'm a fucking moron. And actually, I think both of those beliefs make more sense than Scientology.

Raiders
01-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Does D_Davis's point that "the church's lawyers and accountants go after them to bring about personal and financial ruin" make you at least a bit more comfortable? Scientology is about as "faith-based" as most cults and simply having faith in something doesn't mean you shouldn't be criticized for it. I could believe that David Koresh was the second coming of Jesus Christ or that after we die, we'll live amidst mountains of ice cream and chocolate syrup will rain from the skies, but if I did, I sure wish most people would have the common courtesy to tell me I'm a fucking moron. And actually, I think both of those beliefs make more sense than Scientology.

I know little about the religion, I was just commenting on Cruise's appearance here. His religious beliefs may be batshit crazy, but he didn't come off in that interview any different than most devout believers of many religions.

D_Davis
01-16-2008, 10:24 PM

There is one main difference:

I can tell you all of the deepest most spiritual aspects of Christianity, and give you our Bible, which is the only book you would need to further your Christian walk, for free, and you would never, ever have to pay another dime to secure your salvation. Yes Jesus does ask Christians to tithe, in order to help the church pay its bills, but your salvation does not rely on tithing.

With Scientology, and other like minded cults, they have a pay structure that is strictly enforced. You literally have to pay money to become the "saved" equivalent. You can download the official pay scale that Scientology uses. It shows how much money it cost to gain certain OT levels.

I am also not aware of any Christian Church sanctioned lawyers or groups appointed by the Christian church, as official representatives of the church, whose sole purpose it is to destroy the lives of people who speak out against Christianity. Yes there are crazy individuals, but they are not "official" groups of the Christian church.

Okay, so that's two differences.

On paper, all of the world's religions sound silly. However, I believe there is a difference when it comes to the world's righteous religions and those whose main goal is only financial gain. You may argue that some Christians have used the church to gain wealth, and while this is true, it is not sanctioned in the Bible and actually goes against the teachings of Jesus Christ (The Beattitudes, Blessed are the poor and humble...). However, Scientology was set up as a tax shelter for Hubbard and its sole purpose was to make its leaders wealthy.

Spend some time on the website provided above, download some of the official literature and stuff written by embedded journalists and ex-members (the Time article is especially damning, as is the book called The Bare Faced Messiah) and I am sure you will see a huge and dangerous difference between Scientology and the rest of the world's more genuine spiritual beliefs.

Scar
01-23-2008, 04:17 PM
The Fat Kid From Stand By Me:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3f716ffebe