PDA

View Full Version : CBS' Vegas (the 60's, Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis)

Morris Schæffer
05-17-2012, 09:15 AM
ZIJSII0LwSY

Looks good. Nice evocation of the period from what I can tell.

Lazlo
05-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Looks alright, but it's on CBS, so it will suck.

Irish
05-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Looks alright, but it's on CBS, so it will suck.

I'm confused why you'd say this -- CBS has one of the strongest broadcast schedules out there right now. Or are you just not a fan of broadcast tv?

I think this is gonna be a mixed bag. Quaid is infinitely watchable, but this show looks a year too late after both ABC and NBC tried and failed to do the retro Mad Men style approach. Plus, the whole cowboys-versus-gangsters thing looks a bit tired and juvenile.

I'll watch it because it's Quaid and CBS tends to be fairly consistent with the kind of stuff they pick up.

Lazlo
05-17-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm confused why you'd say this -- CBS has one of the strongest broadcast schedules out there right now. Or are you just not a fan of broadcast tv?

Because, while immensely popular, their shows are too often procedural, case of the week nonsense displaying little to no ambition or quality. Though admittedly I haven't seen The Good Wife.

Dukefrukem
05-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Meh. This has been done.

Raiders
05-17-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm confused why you'd say this -- CBS has one of the strongest broadcast schedules out there right now.

I've given most of them a shot and there isn't a single show on CBS I really like. My wife is a big fan of The Good Wife and I watch it with her. It's OK.

Irish
05-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Because, while immensely popular, their shows are too often procedural, case of the week nonsense displaying little to no ambition or quality. Though admittedly I haven't seen The Good Wife.

Yeah, I hear that. It's purely mainstream stuff with zero ambition, but I also think you could level that criticism at all the broadcast networks, not just CBS.

I think this has chance of being passably watchable just because it got picked up by CBS. If it were on FOX or NBC, I wouldn't even bother. :lol: