05-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Crimson Tide meets Lost

OWaq3LLQ8Ig

number8
05-16-2012, 04:18 PM
That's a great cast.

Raiders
05-16-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm glad Shawn Ryan is back after his terrific Chicago Code was unceremoniously cancelled after one season.

Morris Schæffer
05-16-2012, 04:32 PM
That's a great cast.

Scott Speedman?! Look dude, I don't mind him at all, but I could have sworn matchcutters weren't too hot about the man. :)

But yeah, Andre Braugher is always fun to watch.

Irish
05-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Chicago Code had a lot of promise, but this looks pretty damn bad.

Andre Braugher s such a terrific actor. He deserves better than cheesy SiFy style "adventure" shows.

number8
05-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Who? I was referring to Braugher, Robert Patrick and Dichen Lachman.

By the way, the pilot is apparently directed by Martin Campbell.

Mara
05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Interesting premise. Wonder how sustainable it is. Looks expensive, too-- they might need some real numbers to keep that up.

Dichen Lachman

I stand by my belief that she is one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

number8
05-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't think it's going to be that expensive. The pilot probably is to set up the premise, but other than that, it's all island locations (which ABC sort of own and has used on a dozen ABC shows since LOST) and the submarine interior.

LOST was the same. The pilot was expensive as hell, but then most of the episodes were just people talking in the same 3-4 locations.

number8
09-28-2012, 12:30 AM
This is all right so far. Hokey dialogue—that's network TV for you—but a nice paranoid mystery with 24's ticking clock feel. I think this is gonna be the popcorn version of Homeland or something.

Acapelli
09-28-2012, 01:04 AM
yeah, i liked this a lot

Lucky
09-28-2012, 02:45 AM
Yeah, it's ok. I'll stay with it for now. I just can't get excited about network dramas anymore.

number8
09-28-2012, 02:49 AM
I think the biggest reason why the pilot felt underwhelming is because it spent 45 minutes telling a story that the trailer told in 2.

Sxottlan
10-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Two episodes in. Problematic execution, but a fascinating story.

Why wasn't the pilot a two-hour movie? At 45 minutes, the events that should have lasting effects for however long this series runs are blown through at lightning speed. As a result, the actual attack on Pakistan was botched. What exactly happened? Was it a nuclear strike? The motive is naturally part of the mystery, but the attack does not seem to register much with people stateside.

The military contractor character is a bit obnoxious. Her whole first scene is painful exposition detailing the Ohio-class submarine. But I like how someone neck deep in the military industrial complex sees right through the lies, even if only because she's so confident in her stealth technology, which the Colorado conveniently has.

Acting is pretty good so far. Andre Braugher in his last scene of the second episode is pretty damn good.

I have no idea how the ratings have gone so far, but I hope this survives. As a big fan of Babylon 5, I like the plot, especially the idea of seeing this crew build an island nation. That is, if that's where the show goes.

Sxottlan
11-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Canceled (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=97160). :cry:

Real disappointed, but not entirely unexpected since it seemed like I was the only one watching it.

The pacing and editing were the only real issues with this show. Events happened very quickly and piled up so fast there were times it didn't resonate or really sink in. This mostly stems from the attack on Pakistan.

I'm surprised they even tried for this on one of the regular networks. A show where our government is the bad guy? Did they really think anyone would watch that? Still, an audacious concept.

And Scott Speedman and Andre Braugher made for a surprisingly good pair.