PDA

View Full Version : Bully (Lee Hirsch)

Watashi
04-03-2012, 08:39 PM
As someone who was constantly bullied in middle/high school, I'm interested to see this.

Though I'm wary on how the filmmaker will to try to find a "solution" to bullying. The trailer leads that if we all just hold hands and become friends, it will go away.

number8
04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
My yay is actually mild, by the way. Here's my review (http://www.justpressplay.net/reviews/9266-bully.html).

Ezee E
04-06-2012, 04:07 AM
The big talk about the movie intrigues me. But I'm kind of weirded out by this recent talk about "bullying" being larger then ever. It's always and will always be around.

Derek
04-06-2012, 05:42 AM
But I'm kind of weirded out by this recent talk about "bullying" being larger then ever. It's always and will always be around.

Yeah, kids will always be picked on and taken advantage of because of their weaknesses until they commit suicide. Liberal media needs to man up.

EyesWideOpen
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
The advent of the internet and social networking also has made bullying far worse because kids aren't just getting bullied while they're at school now they can get bullied 24/7.

Bullying disturbs me pretty deeply and I don't think I can even watch this movie. I would be a wreck.

eternity
04-08-2012, 06:38 AM
One of the few outside-world people I trust with movies called this the laugh riot of 2012, and he endured a lot of bullying in his youth. He said it was manipulative, crass, and the presence of a camera crew more or less made it seem like the bullies were playing it up for the camera, like the crew was egging them on.

I'll have to see for myself, but I expect to be really mad after seeing this, and not for the reasons the filmmakers probably hoped.

Watashi
04-08-2012, 07:27 AM
I did not create this thread.

Boner M
04-08-2012, 08:11 AM
I did not create this thread.
It feels like I'm being asked to yay or nay your experiences of high school bullying.

EDIT: 'Nay' in that case

Kurosawa Fan
04-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, my fault. I didn't want to delete the discussion from the previous thread, and thought if I merged them it would keep the first post in that position. I was wrong. Wats, would you mind editing your post to insert the poster and trailer?

eternity
05-05-2012, 08:03 AM
At its best, it's an episode of MTV's True Life. At its worst, it's the laugh riot of the year.

Dukefrukem
01-11-2014, 03:23 PM
At its best, it's an episode of MTV's True Life.

I was thinking this the entire time. Where's the payoff?