PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlust (David Wain)

eternity
03-04-2012, 12:06 AM
WANDERLUST

Director: David Wain

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1655460/)

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/wanderlust-poster.jpg

eternity
03-04-2012, 12:08 AM
It's no secret that I worship Wet Hot American Summer and love The Ten and Role Models...

This movie fucking sucks.

eternity
03-04-2012, 03:42 AM
The 30 seconds of the film featuring:

http://0.tqn.com/d/comedians/1/0/k/6/-/-/83223608.jpg

are the only 30 seconds of the film that I even remotely want to remember.

Acapelli
03-04-2012, 05:04 AM
paul rudd just saying the filthiest things imaginable to himself in the mirror had me laughing uncontrollably. dude was the mvp of the movie. justin theroux a close second

jennifer aniston was completely wrong for this. katherine hahn was kind of grating. kerri kenney-silver was wasted. everyone else was fine

eternity
03-04-2012, 05:46 AM
paul rudd just saying the filthiest things imaginable to himself in the mirror had me laughing uncontrollably. dude was the mvp of the movie. justin theroux a close second

jennifer aniston was completely wrong for this. katherine hahn was kind of grating. kerri kenney-silver was wasted. everyone else was fine

Oh yeah. That was definitely funny; Paul Rudd could probably do that for hours and it would never get boring.

Still a total bore of a movie, though. I sat there just waiting for it to end, and finally it did. I have a hard time mustering up anything else to say about it.

Kiusagi
03-04-2012, 06:10 AM
So after all the hype over a Jennifer Aniston nude scene, now I'm hearing there isn't one. Well that just won't do.

Kurosawa Fan
03-04-2012, 06:16 AM
So after all the hype over a Jennifer Aniston nude scene, now I'm hearing there isn't one. Well that just won't do.

Does this really surprise you? Now they're saying they were cut and they'll end up on the DVD release. I wonder how many suckers will fall for that.

Kiusagi
03-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Does this really surprise you? Now they're saying they were cut and they'll end up on the DVD release. I wonder how many suckers will fall for that.

It shouldn't, but it does for some reason. People kept talking about how wild she was gonna get in this movie, as if that was the primary reason to see it. I bought into the hype, I guess. It's not fair! I wanted boobies! :cry:

Pop Trash
03-04-2012, 11:38 PM
I really don't get actresses. Especially of the American-Hollywood sort. It's like Leslie Mann doing CGI for her breasts in The Change-Up. Are your breasts really so private you have to CGI over them?

Thirdmango
03-05-2012, 02:08 AM
I almost saw this a couple days ago, then I didn't. Now I think I'll just wait forever.

Henry Gale
06-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Only mildly entertaining, but intermittently hilarious enough to make it enjoyable enough overall, particularly when it comes to Theroux's character and Rudd when he's in modes like the one in the aforementioned mirror scene.

I think the problem is how much is seems confined by its plotting, which is surprising considering how capable every comic actor here is and how the rest of Wain's work has been to this point. The stuff that feels the least scripted ends up being the funniest and most gratifying elements of the whole thing.

Curious about the Bizarro Cut, which seems like it's made up of the funniest things that didn't make the final film since they clashed with the overall plot movement. It'll be pretty disheartening if the theatrical cut ends up just feeling like the "Mainstream Audience" version, and the Bizarro feels closer to a proper Wain & co. vision.

Pop Trash
07-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Boy howdy this was terrible. Could not even finish it. Painfully unfunny.

Also, as much as I hate to say it, between this and Our Idiot Brother, I think I've reached my limit on Paul Rudd and his Paul Ruddiness. He needs to hook up with a real director or do something outside of his usual box.

Thirdmango
11-14-2012, 07:10 AM

Her breasts were blurred in the DVD version, I didn't watch the theatrical so I don't know. Her breasts were only seen during a news report.

I just watched this today and liked it quite a bit. It's probably more so because I've been watching a lot of Key and Peele, listening to a lot of CBB, etc that I was excited for every person who was in the film. There were parts which were unfunny so it wasn't the best comedy but I enjoyed myself through out most of it.

Peng
06-13-2017, 02:57 PM
Three features in and I seem to like David Wain more when he has plots to work with (or work productively against his riffing instincts), apparently. Wet Hot American Summer has more funny, delightful bits than Role Models, but I probably find the latter more rewatchable, and my favorite so far. Here only Paul Rudd works completely for me.