PDA

View Full Version : BOTHMC Round 1 Fight 24: Ghosts vs Ghosts

Dukefrukem
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I hope you guys don't give me a hard time on this one... Pretend the events are happening at the same time.

Battle of the Horror Movie Characters

Round 1: Fight 24

Ghosts (Kairo )

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/Dukefrukem/BOTHMC/47GhostsinPulse.jpg

Weapon: the internet
Advantages: mass suicide, can bring the apocalypse
Weaknesses: unknown

vs

Ghosts ( Ju-On )

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/Dukefrukem/BOTHMC/48Ju-On.png

Weapon: manifestation
Advantages: can make really annoying sounds and spreads the curse to whomever encounters it or a person who has encountered it
Weaknesses: hides in a closet, fire

Skitch
02-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Tough one! I'll go with Kairo. Ju-On's seem tied to one house and Kairo's well...we know what they did. Damn was that a badass movie.

Spun Lepton
02-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Well, I wasn't too impressed by either, but I think the Kairo ghosts would have the edge, here.

MadMan
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Post a picture from the original Pulse (Kairo), damnit!

Anyways I have not seen Ju-Oh. However, its clear that the ghosts from Ju-Oh have a weakness, while the ghosts from Pulse do not. So I'm voting the ghosts from Pulse.

Dukefrukem
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Post a picture from the original Pulse (Kairo), damnit!

I couldn't find any good ones on Google.

MadMan
02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
I couldn't find any good ones on Google.Fair enough, although the appeal of the original 2001 version is that the ghosts were hard to see and not really obvious for most of the movie. The remake looks awful, but I'll watch it just so I can trash it.

Ezee E
02-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Grudges never die.

Spinal
02-10-2012, 02:47 AM
I hope you guys don't give me a hard time on this one...

:lol:

I love it!

Ivan Drago
02-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Fair enough, although the appeal of the original 2001 version is that the ghosts were hard to see and not really obvious for most of the movie. The remake looks awful, but I'll watch it just so I can trash it.

I don't know, man. Just looking at it, the screencap Duke posted from the remake is incredible. Is that shot in the original as well?

Dukefrukem
02-13-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't know, man. Just looking at it, the screencap Duke posted from the remake is incredible. Is that shot in the original as well?

No. The imagery in the first movie was absent. Most of the horror adn tension was implied with the exception of the air plane crashing.