number8
01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Can you say, HOLY SHIT?

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1214128517/bctid1364247562

lovejuice
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Can you say, HOLY SHIT?

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1214128517/bctid1364247562

based on the trailer, i'm not too hopeful. yet it seems like pinkaew learns a few things or two from tom yum kong. we'll see.

Buffaluffasaurus
01-09-2008, 02:47 AM
I saw this trailer on Youtube the other day but it was too crappy quality to post. That's much better.

I'm there, even though Tom Yum Goong was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Sycophant
01-09-2008, 04:15 AM
I think I'd like to see this. Haven't seen any of the director's other films and the trailer isn't particularly well cut, but looks like it could be fun.

Wryan
01-09-2008, 05:00 AM
What's with the B&W part where they seem to go behind the scenes for a few seconds as the actress gets hit in the eye? Why put that in the trailer? Or am I seeing something that's not there?

Cool trailer though.

number8
01-09-2008, 05:43 AM
What's with the B&W part where they seem to go behind the scenes for a few seconds as the actress gets hit in the eye? Why put that in the trailer? Or am I seeing something that's not there?

Cool trailer though.

Along the lines of the "NO WIRES" text in the Ong Bak trailer. It's to let you know that all this shit is real and people got badly hurt making these stunts.

Sycophant
01-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Along the lines of the "NO WIRES" text in the Ong Bak trailer. It's to let you know that all this shit is real and people got badly hurt making these stunts.HARD. CORE.

krazed
01-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Looks silly to me. But I guess it could be entertaining, or something.

Wryan
01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Along the lines of the "NO WIRES" text in the Ong Bak trailer. It's to let you know that all this shit is real and people got badly hurt making these stunts.

I presume it wasn't written in english?

Anyway, I'm a trailer purist. I like mine holistic and self-contained, mini works of art when done really well, I tells ya. Like the Pearl Harbor trailer or the Episode One trailer.

Sycophant
01-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Anyway, I'm a trailer purist. I like mine holistic and self-contained, mini works of art when done really well, I tells ya. Like the Pearl Harbor trailer or the Episode One trailer.Both superior to their films. By far.

I do like a well-cut trailer that is an enjoyable watch on its own. See The Big Lebowski.

lovejuice
01-10-2008, 01:31 AM
I saw this trailer on Youtube the other day but it was too crappy quality to post. That's much better.

I'm there, even though Tom Yum Goong was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

after the disappointment of TYG, pinkaew got bashed a LOT and quite harshly in thailand. people starts saying Ong Bak is only good because of Jaa. (which i think is true in some degree.) and now the two are falling apart. so i won't be too surprise if he tries to make this one good.

lovejuice
05-26-2008, 03:17 PM
i shamefully admit that i like it more than it deserves. pinkaew is still extremely incompetent as a story-teller, but at least he keeps the story to the most simplistic. the movie is weirdly exploitative. from the obligatory tasteless gay-ploitation to the concept itself -- an exploitation of an 18 year old autistic girl -- to the credit out-take which shows the backwater-ness of thailand; how we shit on human right and stuntmen :frustrated:

anyway the good is there. the action is more balletic than ong-bak gritty. a joy is there to behold in the sight of 18 year old skinny puppy kicks grown-up muscular men's asses. i can live with 5 minutes of the overtiring "climax" cut off.

http://www.flixya.com/content_photos/files/joydozy260790.jpg

you won't believe what this cute puppy can do!

number8
02-12-2009, 03:59 PM
This movie is exactly what you'd expect.

And what you should expect is awesomeness.

D_Davis
02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
It's easily the best film by this group of filmmakers.

It's weird that it is actually coming out here so late....very strange.

number8
02-12-2009, 04:54 PM
It's easily the best film by this group of filmmakers.

I guess because it (deliberately) cribs style from Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies--as well as Kill Bill--but yeah, this is Pingkaew's best directed film. It doesn't suffer from Ong Bak's "look what we can do!" camerawork or Tom Yum Goong's ridiculous attempt at spirituality. It's just nice, clean, incredible action set pieces one after another. Great to watch.

D_Davis
02-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I guess because it (deliberately) cribs style from Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies--as well as Kill Bill--but yeah, this is Pingkaew's best directed film. It doesn't suffer from Ong Bak's "look what we can do!" camerawork or Tom Yum Goong's ridiculous attempt at spirituality. It's just nice, clean, incredible action set pieces one after another. Great to watch.

Plus, it's the only film of theirs in which I actually care about the characters and the story. As sappy as it is (Rain Man with kung fu!), I still found myself involved in the narrative, at least on a base level. That is to say, I didn't fast-forward the non-action scenes.

And, the action scenes themselves are tremendous.

lovejuice
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Plus, it's the only film of theirs in which I actually care about the characters and the story. As sappy as it is (Rain Man with kung fu!), I still found myself involved in the narrative, at least on a base level. That is to say, I didn't fast-forward the non-action scenes.

And, the action scenes themselves are tremendous.

how can you get involved by the narrative? :eek: i'm glad you like it, but it's hard for me to find anything redeeming in the story, except that it's better than tom yum kung.

my pinkaew's ranking.

Ong Bak > Chocolate > Tom Yum Kung

there's actually this assemble movie of four romantic short films among which he directed one. very curious what he brought on the table.

D_Davis
02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
how can you get involved by the narrative? :eek: i'm glad you like it, but it's hard for me to find anything redeeming in the story, except that it's better than tom yum kung.

I said on a base level - which is a very base level. Only speaking in relative terms here, that is, I didn't feel compelled to fast-forward the non-action scenes, which I have don on TYG, OB, and the other one...can't remember the name.

lovejuice
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
on a tangential topic, i really like the fights in chocolate. it's more balletic and has this feminine touch. very fitting to the main character. glad that pinkaew and co. succeeded in not making this "more of the same."