PDA

View Full Version : Transformers The Last Knight (Bay)

Dukefrukem
10-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Looks like it's going to happen with even the possibility of Bay directing (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hasbro-talks-fo-fourth-transformers-ouija-budget-249277?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnew s+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29)

Where could they take the story that they haven't already been? Simply adding another city to destroy feels very tiresome. Would it still appeal to the mass public?

Maybe Time travel?

Ezee E
10-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Looks like it's going to happen with even the possibility of Bay directing (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hasbro-talks-fo-fourth-transformers-ouija-budget-249277?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnew s+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29)

Where could they take the story that they haven't already been? Simply adding another city to destroy feels very tiresome. Would it still appeal to the mass public?

Maybe Time travel?
Does anyone even understand the story of #2 or #3? If so, they were trying too hard.

Move on to something else Bay. Preferably rated R.

number8
10-17-2011, 05:25 PM

Bad Boys 3 coming right up!

Dukefrukem
10-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Does anyone even understand the story of #2 or #3? If so, they were trying too hard.

I've erased #2 from my mind but... i can't remember... the story in 3. Something about a guy wanting to help the bad robots?

megladon8
10-17-2011, 05:42 PM
While I kind of abhor the franchise reboot, this is a franchise I would love it to happen to.

Let's have the big, chunky Transformers back. No more of this 300 million pieces so you can't tell what the hell is going on stuff.

Morris Schæffer
10-17-2011, 05:46 PM
While I kind of abhor the franchise reboot, this is a franchise I would love it to happen to.

Let's have the big, chunky Transformers back. No more of this 300 million pieces so you can't tell what the hell is going on stuff.

While you do have a point, the designs were somewhat more discernible in part three and in their blu-ray counterparts, seen on a big TV with nice, high contrast. I just don't know if "chunky" would have worked. I suppose it might have, but the ones from the TV show were perhaps too chunky to fit in a live-action movie. In any case, the films had faaaaaaaaar bigger issues then the designs. I think you would agree. Although Part III entertained me enough, the great 3D is at least one promise Michael Bay kept.:)

megladon8
10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
I never bothered with 3.

When people were saying "it's so good! It's almost as good as the first!" I was like, "wow, what an endorsement".

Dukefrukem
10-17-2011, 06:21 PM
3 was good and I loathed the first two.

TGM
10-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Part 3 was shit.

Morris Schæffer
10-18-2011, 10:57 AM
They can't really be going after Statham for this right? Still, Statham > Labof

Skitch
10-18-2011, 11:14 AM
I enjoyed all three, but I'm ready for a non-Bay vision.

Dukefrukem
10-18-2011, 11:41 AM
So Bay will serve as an executive producer alongside Spielberg but Bay still may direct. AND they may Shoot 4 & 5 back to back. (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118044618?categoryid=13&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews)

Skitch
10-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Joblo felt compelled to tag this at the end of their story: "Is there really a contingent clamoring for more of these movies? Just because audiences show up to make something profitable doesn’t mean the series should continue forever."

Seriously? Part 3 made 1.1 billion dollars. Are you an idiot? So if a series is popular and successful, you expect a studio to stop? Sir, you may dislike them, but clearly lots of people don't agree with you.

Irish
10-19-2011, 01:00 AM
That's an oddly naive editorial coming from JoBlo.

[ETM]
10-19-2011, 01:04 AM
They're gonna run this ship into the ground... wait, no, they'll keep digging until it comes out in China.

Skitch
10-19-2011, 01:29 AM
I'm not even talking about the quality of the films! How many crappy Star Trek movies are there? They've brought that series around, and what, the tenth or so movie is great. If there's a fan base, why wouldn't the Hollywood shit machine continue to try? I don't know, that statement just really irritated me.

Morris Schæffer
02-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Official. Bay returns, but it's a reboot.

http://collider.com/michael-bay-transformers-4-reboot/145200/

Dukefrukem
02-14-2012, 11:33 AM
A reboot where the transformers will look exactly the same only new character lines? Or same universe different part of Earth?

number8
02-14-2012, 05:42 PM
A reboot, but still in the same continuity, and Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are still in it.

I think reboot is just their nice way of saying "we're firing Shia LeBeouf."

megladon8
02-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Is it asking too much to make the Transformers less terrible looking?

Dead & Messed Up
02-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Is it asking too much to make the Transformers less terrible looking?

No way they're changing the formula now. Witwicky will be replaced by an identical character.

megladon8
02-15-2012, 12:51 AM
No way they're changing the formula now. Witwicky will be replaced by an identical character.

I know, I just continue to be amazed by how shoddily realized these movies were, in every regard.

Including (and especially, for me) the horrific designs of the Transformers themselves.

Dead & Messed Up
02-15-2012, 04:29 AM
I know, I just continue to be amazed by how shoddily realized these movies were, in every regard.

Including (and especially, for me) the horrific designs of the Transformers themselves.

They are ugly. It looks like the result of a tornado that swept through a glue factory and then a trash yard. They just look so unappealing to me.

They're fuckin' Transformers. It's absurd. Revel in the candy-colored absurdity. Make it an asset. Speed Racer it.

Ivan Drago
02-15-2012, 04:44 AM
It will be terrible, don't fall for the ads. . .it will be terrible, don't fall for the ads. . .

Morris Schæffer
02-15-2012, 06:08 AM
I guess I fall in the other camp....kinda. The original cartoon bots, though not without charm, are rather spartan looking. They had to movie-ize them somewhat and they way parts I and II were shot, certainly didn't allow us to really digest their intricacies. Dark of the Moon was an improvement in that regard and the great 3D was part of the reason. I think that DAMU's idea to Speed Racer-ize the 4th movie is still something I'd like to see as it might be exactly the right approach.

Kiusagi
02-15-2012, 06:39 AM
I like what Bay does to an extent, but at this point I just want to see someone else's vision of Transformers. After three movies, I think we get it by now. I'd rather see something different, for better or worse. Still, I can't blame Paramount for not wanting to change what's raking in the dough.

megladon8
02-15-2012, 11:30 AM
They are ugly. It looks like the result of a tornado that swept through a glue factory and then a trash yard. They just look so unappealing to me.

They're fuckin' Transformers. It's absurd. Revel in the candy-colored absurdity. Make it an asset. Speed Racer it.

Completely agree. This attempt to seemingly ground them in some kind of reality by having them be a giant jumble of thirty trillion nuts and bolts (and lips - WTF??) was an ugly design choice, and led to the action sequences (particularly in the first film) being an incoherent mess.

That the effects were impressive from a technical standpoint became irrelevant.

I do think that Spielberg's high concept summarization of the first film's birth - the love story between a boy and his first car - was inspired. But Michael Bay, um...Michael Bay-ized the whole thing, taking out any humanity that Spielberg's idea had and replaced it with uncomfortably racist humor, poor pacing (did all three of these films REALLY need to be nearly 3 hours long?) and an over-reliance on macho bravado that even James Bond would call silly.

In attempting to make a movie for the 13-year-old boy in all of us, Bay made a film for his perpetual 13-year-old erection.

baby doll
02-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I never bothered with 3.I never bothered with 1, but the Chinese were eating it up last summer. Not necessarily because they like it, but because it was the "fashion" to see it. Accordingly, whenever it comes up that I haven't seen the film Titanic, people can't believe it. It's a conformist culture.

baby doll
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Also, in 2009 I had a dispiriting conversation with a very nice but not particularly worldly young boy who enthusiastically told me about how much better Transformers 2 would have been had it been a bit bloodier (robot blood? I didn't have the presence to ask such logical questions at the time) instead of going for the PG-13 rating.

megladon8
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't see what point (if any) you were trying to make either of those posts, baby doll.

People who see Titanic or Transformers do so because they're conformists?

Skitch
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
I never bothered with 1, but the Chinese were eating it up last summer. Not necessarily because they like it, but because it was the "fashion" to see it. Accordingly, whenever it comes up that I haven't seen the film Titanic, people can't believe it. It's a conformist culture.

Anti-conformist is the new conformist.

number8
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Hahahaha:

What I would expect to change is the humor - Bay seems intent on cutting down on the goofy, tone-deaf comedy bits that have seen some of our finer actors pissed on and tickled by giant robots.

"Michael realized it needs to be more like the last hour [of Dark of the Moon]," this source told me. So expect lots of big action, lots of carnage, lots of military badasses, very few silly bits.

http://badassdigest.com/2012/02/15/insiders-say-transformers-4-will-have-more-action-less-jokes

Henry Gale
02-15-2012, 11:33 PM
That seems to contradict the Bay that Kurtzman/Orci described from their experience on the first two movies. Whenever they were considering writing out a silly gag, he would constantly tell them: "Never leave the Kiddie-Fun Button unpushed!"

But as much as I hate to admit it, I think the two robots that the comic relief was relegated to in Dark of the Moon actually... kinda... um, made me laugh a few times? They never should've included the Ken Jeong stuff though.

Ezee E
02-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Fairly sure we've had that promise before, and it only led to 20-30 some minutes of the guy from The Hangover doing his jig.

Ivan Drago
02-16-2012, 12:22 AM
They never should've included the Ken Jeong stuff though.

This. The guy isn't that funny. Then again I haven't seen Community or his stand-up.

EDIT: 4000 posts! w00t

Dead & Messed Up
02-16-2012, 02:47 AM
I don't see what point (if any) you were trying to make either of those posts, baby doll.

People who see Titanic or Transformers do so because they're conformists?

From what I understand, the Chinese are hardcore into American culture, not because they like it, but because it is American and therefore imperative to digest.

Henry Gale
02-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Also forgot that Alan Tudyk and Andy Daly were in DotM too. I think I'm starting to remember why I thought it was the best of the three (though ultimately still a failure).

This. The guy isn't that funny. Then again I haven't seen Community or his stand-up.

Well he shouldn't be a reason to stay away from it. Even though he's technically a regular on the show, he's not an essential character to what makes or breaks the plotting of each episode. But it's also one of the very best shows on TV, so it should be watched regardless.

Ivan Drago
02-16-2012, 04:35 AM
Well he shouldn't be a reason to stay away from it. Even though he's technically a regular on the show, he's not an essential character to what makes or breaks the plotting of each episode. But it's also one of the very best shows on TV, so it should be watched regardless.

I'm not staying away from it because he's in it. I just haven't had the time to watch it. But all the positive stuff I hear about it makes me want to watch it.

Morris Schæffer
02-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Ez6CoLprqKc

baby doll
02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Anti-conformist is the new conformist.I'm happy to conform if a film looks more or worthwhile (L'Artiste, for instance), but I can't imagine any non-hopeless cases (i.e., Dan Kois) deriving much pleasure from watching CGI-generated stuff smashing other CGI-generated stuff for two and a half hours. The larger point I'm making is that there does seem to be an element of obligation to such blockbusters: Summer (for reasons that elude me) is "supposed" to be a season for dumb fun because the media tells us that it is.

Skitch
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
So what you're saying is in the summer time you curl up by the fireplace with a hot cocoa and a book, and in the winter time you take picnics?

baby doll
02-17-2012, 12:12 PM
So what you're saying is in the summer time you curl up by the fireplace with a hot cocoa and a book, and in the winter time you take picnics?Most of my movie watching takes place indoors, so the season has little influence on what type of film I'm in the mood to see.

MadMan
02-18-2012, 05:45 AM
A friend of mine at work came up with an idea for Transformers 4 with his co-workers in a rather joking fashion. When I told him that there was actually going to be a Transformers 4, he couldn't believe it. This is why I don't make any Twilight 4 jokes. Because its going to happen.

So what the hell is the plot going to be this time? Are they going to fight on Mars? How about they battle through space and time? Might as well mix it up.

TGM
02-18-2012, 06:20 AM
This is why I don't make any Twilight 4 jokes. Because its going to happen.

It actually already has. :P

Morris Schæffer
02-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Transformers vs. Machete

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/996/996015/ocd-robocops--20090617072404098-000.jpg

number8
02-18-2012, 12:53 PM
A friend of mine at work came up with an idea for Transformers 4 with his co-workers in a rather joking fashion. When I told him that there was actually going to be a Transformers 4, he couldn't believe it. This is why I don't make any Twilight 4 jokes. Because its going to happen.

So what the hell is the plot going to be this time? Are they going to fight on Mars? How about they battle through space and time? Might as well mix it up.

You realize that there are 5 Twilight movies, right?

MadMan
02-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Since I hate the Twilight franchise so much, I didn't bother to count how many movies/books there are. I'm sure that they won't stop at 5.

Dukefrukem
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Summer 2014 release

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/06/21/transformers-4-michael-bay-purges-stars-may-go-into-space/

“It’s a new cast,” Bay said with a matter-of-fact tone. “We’ve moving on to something different.”

[EDIT]

“It’s not a reboot, that’s maybe the wrong word,”

[EDIT]

We’re taking the story that you’ve seen — the story we’ve told in three movies already — and we’re taking it in a new direction. But we’re leaving those three as the history. It all still counts.

[EDIT]

Could the new story involve a departure from Earth? “I think so, yeah, a little,” Bay said. “That feels like the way to go, doesn’t it? I want to go a little off but I don’t want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded.That’s what works in these movies, that’s what makes it accessible.”

[EDIT]

...not just characters but a new type of action, I hope – and that’s a lot for someone new to bite off. And so after this one I will leave it in the best hands possible. That’s the plan.”

Morris Schæffer
09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Brand new bots will storm the screen in this fourth installment....because the same line-up of returning autobots and decepticons in the past three flicks has resulted in a decrease of toy figure sales.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35189

So no Optimus Prime and no Megatron.

Dukefrukem
09-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Well Megatron appeared for exactly 17 seconds in the 3rd movie so I'm not really that upset about it. Not having Optimus Prime in a transformer movie is weird to me.

max314
09-13-2012, 04:41 PM
The appeal of the TV series was that the Transformers themselves were characters. They possessed a humanity that meant they didn't depend solely on the struggles of one human character to ensure audience engagement with the material.

While I can't say I'm thrilled to see Bay returning for yet another installment (someone get Joss Whedon on the job!) I do hope he decides to actually imbue the Transformers with real character instead of using them as metal-gasm window dressing in his action scenes.

Dukefrukem
09-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Whedon has way better, more interesting projects to care about. The only thing I've liked about this entire franchise was the teaser for the first movie and the sky diving scene in the 3rd movie (which was some of the best use of 3D I've ever seen).

max314
09-13-2012, 06:07 PM
If Whedon were to tackle a Transformers reboot, it would instantly become one of his "more interesting projects" for me.

The guy knows how to tell ensemble stories. It's his forté. And Transformers fits the bill in this respect.

I do agree that the most interesting part of the entire franchise was that initial trailer for the very first movie. It's the highest point Bay's franchise ever reached. A close second would be the Autobots' arrival on Earth.

Morris Schæffer
09-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Well Megatron appeared for exactly 17 seconds in the 3rd movie so I'm not really that upset about it. Not having Optimus Prime in a transformer movie is weird to me.

He'll be in the movie, Bay confirmed, as well as his (kinda hilarious) motivation for doing a fourth:

"I thought I was done," he tells The Huffington Post. "Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you're thinking, Oh my God, someone's going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I'm about to do a little movie, Pain & Gain ... and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know? So I'm thinking that if I do this last one, we set it on a new footing, we change a lot of things -- but we keep the history of the three in place. But we broaden it so it can be set up and be carried on -- it would have a better chance for survival, I guess. You know?"

Ezee E
09-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I'd love to go on a Transformers ride.

Morris Schæffer
09-22-2012, 05:27 PM
I'd love to go on a Transformers ride.

Same here, but we don't have that shit in Belgium or in the neighboring countries.

max314
09-22-2012, 07:10 PM
"I thought I was done," he tells The Huffington Post. "Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you're thinking, Oh my God, someone's going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I'm about to do a little movie, Pain & Gain ... and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know? So I'm thinking that if I do this last one, we set it on a new footing, we change a lot of things -- but we keep the history of the three in place. But we broaden it so it can be set up and be carried on -- it would have a better chance for survival, I guess. You know?"

:|

Morris Schæffer
11-09-2012, 05:53 AM
http://michaelbay.com/2012/11/08/michel-bay-re-teams-with-his-pain-gain-star-mark-mark-wahlberg-for-transformers-4/

Mark Wahlberg will star.

Grouchy
11-09-2012, 06:32 AM
I don't understand why they write lame storylines with humans for these movies. Who cares about the fucking humans?

Same goes for the Alien vs. Predator franchise. I'd like to see one of those movies that featured half an hour of pure monster vs. monster filmmaking. No puny, stupid humans. Zero dialogue.

Morris Schæffer
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I...disagree Grouchy. There's nothing wrong with adding humans, provided they're memorable and well-written ones. I think I'd get really bored watching just monsters fight each other without a tangible human element.

number8
11-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't understand why they write lame storylines with humans for these movies. Who cares about the fucking humans?

Same goes for the Alien vs. Predator franchise. I'd like to see one of those movies that featured half an hour of pure monster vs. monster filmmaking. No puny, stupid humans. Zero dialogue.

That sounds really boring.

EvilShoe
11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
That sounds really boring.
It could work as an arthouse film loosely based on Hell in the Pacific, I suppose. Like Enemy Mine, but better.

Kickstart that shit, Grouchy!

Grouchy
11-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I was half joking, of course, but only half. I think it'd be an interesting idea. The first Alien vs. Predator comic-book issue was like that, although it did have a human V.O.

Predators aren't mindless monsters. They have a culture and a value system that the audience of an AvP movie is supposedly somewhat aware of. So it's not impossible to imagine quality storytelling without the need of dialogue.

And they'd be better characters than the generic humans they put into those movies, simply because they're Predators.

Morris Schæffer
11-10-2012, 06:35 AM
No, the Predator is certainly no mere killing organism, even the xenomorphs in aliens have proven to be sentient beings, but it would be a tough challenge to get it right. The monsters would perhaps have to be humanized too much, and might that not cut short their appeal, their iconic value as terrifying movie villains?

Grouchy
11-10-2012, 05:02 PM
http://i1.tinypic.com/nwyaea.jpg

You just gotta read the mini-series that started it all. It begins like that and then some humans are introduced.

Dukefrukem
04-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7jmKo7US0Kw

Skitch
04-17-2013, 08:12 PM
About 20 of the first 23 were stupid so I quit.

Morris Schæffer
05-29-2013, 04:49 PM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/merrick/optimus-prime-980v2_large.jpg

MadMan
05-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I forgot this movie was happening. Wait is it happening? No wait I don't know why I want an answer to that question....

Dukefrukem
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
It's fascinating to watch a movie being filmed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUjsOXodTD8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdkPGhtjwlk#at=52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDH7WG-Q_uU

Dukefrukem
08-05-2013, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coILsXxlUqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVjtsEmmoYo

Dukefrukem
08-26-2013, 02:04 PM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/merrick/mb-1st-look-980-980x560_large.jpg

Morris Schæffer
09-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Dinobots!

Q & T
09-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Just a normal day in Detroit.

Morris Schæffer
09-04-2013, 05:19 AM
Transformers 4: Age of extinction

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/papa_vinyard/jgjgcgdxg_large.jpg

Morris Schæffer
09-26-2013, 05:15 AM
http://www.empireonline.com/images/uploaded/9942249125_d6d0d965da_z.jpg

"AHHHH!! YOU WANT SOME MORE?! COME AND GET IT ASSHOLES!!!"

Rock
09-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Looks like a Michael Bay movie, alright. I liked his last two films so I'm open to the possibility of it being good, although I have my doubts.

Dukefrukem
09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/merrick/screen_shot_2013-09-30_at_8.43.59_am_large.png

Morris Schæffer
09-30-2013, 03:34 PM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/merrick/screen_shot_2013-09-30_at_8.43.59_am_large.png

Someone else said it best. This looks like an album cover.

Dead & Messed Up
09-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Someone else said it best. This looks like an album cover.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OtY0sMRatEM/TCjfg2uJuQI/AAAAAAAAAAM/BLwxm3G4a4k/s320/southpark.jpg

Henry Gale
09-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Even more fittingly...

http://www.qpratools.com/gallery/0003/linkin_park-minutes_to_midnight-front.jpg

Walhberg channeling his inner Shinoda.

EvilShoe
10-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Transformers' humans. Interesting, show me more.

Dukefrukem
10-17-2013, 04:25 PM
I guess Bay was attacked on set yesterday?

"Two brothers surnamed Mak, aged 27 and 28, approached Bay on the set during filming for the American science fiction film and the younger brother demanded payment of HK$100,000 ($12,900), a police spokeswoman told Reuters.

As a discussion ensued in a busy area of Hong Kong island, the elder Mak walked up and assaulted the director, the spokeswoman said. The elder brother then attacked three police officers who tried to intervene, she added.

The younger brother was arrested on suspicion of blackmail and assault, while the elder Mak was also arrested on suspicion of assault, she said.
Bay sustained injuries to the right side of his face, although he declined to seek treatment,"

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/transformers-4-director-attacked-set-hong-kong-104950607.html

number8
10-17-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm gonna hazard a guess that it was blackmail and a woman was involved.

Dukefrukem
11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Looks the same.

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/merrick/77408_large.jpg

Henry Gale
11-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Looks the same.

Except Optimus Prime now looks like that, which seems like a massive shift. And Nicola Peltz is easily a more attractive empty vessel of a Bay-certified "strong female lead" than Fox or Whitely to me, despite the awkwardness of her having been Shyamalan's Katara only a few years ago.

These movies are just such a dependably and competently varnished pieces of weightless junk food at this point, I always think they're varying shades of terrible, but can never exactly get mad at them because I know exactly what I signed up for. Bay is both the reason they're awful and why they succeed. It's his secretly deft skills at building action setpieces and all other sorts of strong visual atmosphere and against everything he attempts to portray to connect to anyone's intellect. It's his concrete blocks of eye candy supported by straws of why any of it happens.

It's his undoubtedly skewed Looks vs. Personality worldview translated into smashy extraterrestrial machine stories. It's almost kind of sweet at this point, the boy just can't let go of his toys. Too bad he's made a mess of the house with them over and over with no sign of ever cleaning it up.

Dukefrukem
11-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Except Optimus Prime now looks like that, which seems like a massive shift.

It is?

http://www.picgifs.com/wallpapers/movie-and-tv-shows/transformers-2/wallpaper_transformers-2_animaatjes-27.jpg

Henry Gale
11-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Unless that's an unfinished or weird-looking still, it looks like they've rounded and simplified the crowded jaggedness of how he looked in the first three, focusing on the blue more than the firetruck's reds and generally narrowed down the amount of parts on him. Maybe it won't look all that different on screen, but my first reaction was that it was consciously revised significantly.

What I am sure of is that it doesn't really matter.

Dukefrukem
11-26-2013, 07:19 PM
What I am sure of is that it doesn't really matter.

:lol: You have a good eye because as I said, it looks the same to me.

Morris Schæffer
11-28-2013, 04:11 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/77525.jpg

http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/77520.jpg

http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/77522.jpg
LOOOL
http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/77524.jpg
LOOOOOOL

megladon8
11-29-2013, 02:11 AM
Ugh. More of the same. Yawn.

Let me know when the Transformers are big and blocky, and the movies don't look like Maxim ads.

Dukefrukem
02-03-2014, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F33PCUTWPk

Wryan
02-03-2014, 02:02 AM

Ezee E
02-03-2014, 02:08 AM
Is it just that bad, or did I become immune to Bay previews?

Dukefrukem
02-03-2014, 02:09 AM
It looks exactly the same as the first 3 movies.

Ezee E
02-03-2014, 02:10 AM
It looks exactly the same as the first 3 movies.

Then I suppose I have grown an immunity. Thankfully.

Henry Gale
02-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Kinda crazy to see effects from these movies that look that unfinished. Bay has mentioned that since they are partially filming with the new IMAX 3D digital cameras, they'd be looking at considerably more rendering for every shot than usual for any film.

But Dinobots, I guess that's new enough at this point.

TGM
02-03-2014, 03:15 AM
Is it just that bad, or did I become immune to Bay previews?

Nope, this one really is just that bad.

Morris Schæffer
02-03-2014, 10:52 AM
At least no silly humour this time.

max314
02-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Let me know when the Transformers are big and blocky, and the movies don't look like Maxim ads.

Honestly, I can live with the pointy corners on the character designs, the underwear commercial aesthetics, and even the borderline racist humour — but what I really want is for the Transformers to be treated as actual characters that we actually care about instead of as an excuse for CGI set pieces.

Unfortunately, Michael Bay.

number8
02-04-2014, 02:31 PM
To be fair, Bay will probably give you CGI robots treated as characters to care about before he'll give you women treated as characters to care about.

Dukefrukem
02-04-2014, 02:56 PM
To be fair, Bay will probably give you CGI robots treated as characters to care about before he'll give you women treated as characters to care about.

If you believe this is intentional, does it make it OK?

Dead & Messed Up
02-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I will be completely honest. Optimus Prime riding a robot dragon with a big Pacific Rim sword makes this look about 20% better than the previous three films.

Scar
02-08-2014, 11:40 PM
I will be completely honest. Optimus Prime riding a robot dragon with a big Pacific Rim sword makes this look about 20% better than the previous three films.

Wasn't expecting to see Optimus riding Grimlock (one of the Dinobots). I don't mind the previous ones, I just don't go out of the way to see them.

And Grimlock is a T-Rex, not a dragon. ;)

Scar
02-08-2014, 11:44 PM
And if he doesn't say "Me Grimlock", I will be very, very dissapointed.

Henry Gale
02-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Fucking hell, these movies.

They'll always be garbage but I'll always gleefully subject myself to bask in them for the pieces of perfectly polished shit they so unapologetically are.

Kinda.. aaah.. looking--- urrrgh-- forward... to -this.. I CAN'T

Ivan Drago
02-09-2014, 07:33 AM
:watches Super Bowl spot again:

Must not fall for the trap.....must not fall for the trap.....

Skitch
03-05-2014, 12:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYDGqmxMZFI

Dukefrukem
03-05-2014, 01:33 AM
I just want to know 1 thing... why at 2:14 does Optimus Prime have a warm breath?

Skitch
03-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Johnny 5...alive?

Dukefrukem
05-15-2014, 01:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKD5SNYUpUk

Irish
06-28-2014, 02:18 AM
This is for you, Skitch. :D

On criticism:

I used to get bothered by it, but I think it's good to get the dialogue going. It makes me think, and it keeps me on my toes, so it's good.

On fanboys:

They love to hate, and I don't care; let them hate. They're still going to see the movie! I think it's good to get a little tension. Very good.

http://www.thewrap.com/transformers-age-of-extinction-michael-bay-haters/

I've never been a fan of his movies. But during the last couple of years, every time I see something about Bay in the press, I like him a little bit more.

Dukefrukem
06-28-2014, 02:36 AM
I've never been a fan of his movies. But during the last couple of years, every time I see something about Bay in the press, I like him a little bit more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4rMy1iA268

megladon8
06-29-2014, 01:30 AM
Just saw the "payoff trailer" posted above by Duke.

Did I see a Transformers with a beard?

And I thought their having lips was silly. Actually, no, that's still more silly.

Dukefrukem
05-20-2015, 02:29 PM
This is laugh out loud funny.

Im Jenny....
I'm - KABOOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTe5fvozyg

Dukefrukem
05-19-2016, 02:39 AM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.Sit eFiles/imagefeed/featured/gamerculture/transformers-the-last-knight/Transformers610.jpg

Ezee E
05-19-2016, 03:14 AM
Looks Game of Thrones like lol.

Henry Gale
05-19-2016, 06:11 AM
I don't care about this movie at all and I still want them to change that typeface immediately.

(Looks like a hybrid of the Stars Wars and Sonic The Hedgehog logos.)

Dukefrukem
08-01-2016, 01:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQUG3oawBbs

TGM
12-06-2016, 05:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLA6cpLwr6A

Henry Gale
12-06-2016, 10:31 AM
*Puts a magnifying glass to the screen*

Hmmmm...

*Explosion*

Yup, that's a Transformers movie.

Henry Gale
12-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Also, a synthesized, acappella "Do You Realize??" has to be the weirdest instance yet of this modern trend of dour cover versions/remixes of classic songs for trailers, right?

Skitch
12-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Unicron?? Wow. Interesting.

number8
12-06-2016, 02:05 PM
The Baycameral Mind at work.

Ivan Drago
12-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Also, a synthesized, acappella "Do You Realize??" has to be the weirdest instance yet of this modern trend of dour cover versions/remixes of classic songs for trailers, right?

I find this use of the Eurythmics to be just as awesomely odd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a21NrTgiBUY

megladon8
12-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Why is Anthony Hopkins in these movies now?

Dukefrukem
04-12-2017, 02:23 PM
How many times are we going to go back in time to find something secretly hidden on Earth or the Moon? IS there a transformers timeline somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDNaK-fwAM

Skitch
04-12-2017, 04:53 PM
As I recall, the show was equally shatter-brained lunacy and randomness.

Edit: Isn't there a Transformers 5 thread?