PDA

View Full Version : The Match Cut Drinking Game

Watashi
01-01-2008, 07:17 PM
- Take a shot every time megladon mentions that "he and Jen watched a movie together"

- Take a shot every time Ivan Drago uses "IMO" (take an extra shot if he ends his post with "I like _____, so what do I know?")

- Take a shot for each film in NickGlass's signature that has a rating of 6.0 or under

- Take a shot for every mention of Danny Huston

- Take a shot for every time Rowland links to a critic review

- Take a shot for every time Electorain/Clipper Ship Captain mentions his disdain for cinema

- Take a shot for every time :pritch: is used

I'll think of more later

Sycophant
01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Awesome. Will there be a rule for Armond White? Or do we not want people to get too plastered?

Ezee E
01-01-2008, 07:25 PM
-Take a shot for every boner pun.

-Take a shot for everytime Wats splooges over the latest animated movie.

-Take a shot for everytime that TC returns.

-Take a shot for everytime Rowland makes a crazy political point.

-Take a shot for whenever Tranny tries to get a rise out of Wats. Take another for when it works.

Ivan Drago
01-01-2008, 08:47 PM
- Take a shot every time Ivan Drago uses "IMO" (take an extra shot if he ends his post with "I like _____, so what do I know?")

:rolleyes:

Here's one:

- Take a shot for every time Ivan Drago's opinion on movies he watches gets disrespected.

Sycophant
01-01-2008, 08:50 PM
- Take a shot every time trans brings up his new message board resolutions while still getting his point across quite pointedly.

Spinal
01-01-2008, 08:50 PM

Here's one:

- Take a shot for every time Ivan Drago's opinion on movies he watches gets trashed.

That happens to the rest of us too, actually.

Spinal
01-01-2008, 09:02 PM
... every time chrisnu makes five uninterrupted posts in the NBA thread.

... every time iosos not only reps someone, but announces that he is repping someone.

... every time meg perceives a particular film's mildly positive critical reaction is a wave of unadulterated praise not seen since the release of Citizen Kane.

... every time doclop talks about a newly released film that he greatly enjoyed and then proceeds to give it a two-and-a-half star rating.

... every time Nick frets over people embracing indie quirk.

Spinal
01-01-2008, 09:03 PM
-Take a shot for everytime Wats splooges over the latest animated movie.

... every time the image of squirting semen is used to get across the point that sometime greatly enjoyed a film.

megladon8
01-01-2008, 09:19 PM
... every time meg perceives a particular film's mildly positive critical reaction is a wave of unadulterated praise not seen since the release of Citizen Kane.

What? I don't even get this one.

jenniferofthejungle
01-01-2008, 09:23 PM
- Take a shot every time megladon mentions that "he and Jen watched a movie together"

Or we could all take a shot every time you didn't have sex.

:P

Sycophant
01-01-2008, 09:24 PM
... every time the image of squirting semen is used to get across the point that sometime greatly enjoyed a film.(or news about a film, or a rumor about a film, or a preview for a film, or any of the above things in any medium)

Spinal
01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
What? I don't even get this one.

It's OK. You don't need to.

Duncan
01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
... every time chrisnu makes five uninterrupted posts in the NBA thread. This is the reason I've never bothered to start an NHL thread. Maybe once the playoffs roll around.

Boner M
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Shot for every mention of 'tonal inconsistency' in the FDT
Shot every time meg boasts about finding conventionally attractive women unattractive
Shot for every 'esque' I use in a sentence
Drink yourself to death once the non-admin top 50 is finished

Boner M
01-02-2008, 12:26 AM
...every time trans identifies us all as being sheepish members of a (usually non-existent) backlash, in effect maintaining a cool air of distance, even if he agrees with us.

Spinal
01-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Shot for every mention of 'tonal inconsistency' in the FDT

This reminds me.

... every time a film based on a play is referred to as 'stagey'.

Sven
01-02-2008, 01:03 AM
... every time iosos not only reps someone, but announces that he is repping someone.

Rep!

Derek
01-02-2008, 01:04 AM
An obvious, but necessary one for MC:

- Every time someone complains about not caring about the characters in a film where you're not supposed to care about them*

- Every time meg denies phallic symbolism when there are clearly things shaped like penises visible*

- Every time E disparages a poster he doesn't like without responding to any valid ideas the post may contain. If no valid ideas are found in said post, drink half a shot for good measure.

- Triple shot every time the 100-pt. scalers have two films in their signature only one point apart. If they attempt to explain the difference, finish off the bottle.

* Use own discretion. When in doubt, drink.

Sven
01-02-2008, 01:16 AM
- Every time someone complains about not caring about the characters in a film where you're not supposed to care about them*

- Triple shot every time the 100-pt. scalers have two films in their signature only one point apart. If they attempt to explain the difference, finish off the bottle.

I haven't seen either of these in a while.

Ezee E
01-02-2008, 01:21 AM
- Every time E disparages a poster he doesn't like without responding to any valid ideas the post may contain. If no valid ideas are found in said post, drink half a shot for good measure.

That's a lot of drinking then... Muahaha.

Ezee E
01-02-2008, 01:22 AM

Here's one:

- Take a shot for every time Ivan Drago's opinion on movies he watches gets disrespected.
Don't pride on this one. It happens to everyone, it's just different tastes that people have. Wats with animation, Spinal with Haneke, me with "macho" stuff, and so on.

Spinal
01-02-2008, 01:27 AM
... every time E responds to 20 different threads in a span of 10 minutes using no more than a total of 50 words.

Ezee E
01-02-2008, 01:28 AM
... every time E responds to 20 different threads in a span of 10 minutes using no more than a total of 50 words.
= Death to everyone but Scar.

Derek
01-02-2008, 01:29 AM
I haven't seen either of these in a while.

Did I not mention my rules are for Bacardi 151 only?

Spinal with Haneke

What? Spinal gets disrespected for loving Haneke? Not cool MatchCut, not cool.

Derek
01-02-2008, 01:30 AM
- Every time the phrase "I drink your milkshake!" is used in 2008.*

*Soon to be understood by all of MatchCut...and probably used by me more than anyone. :)

Spinal
01-02-2008, 01:34 AM

:lol:

Spinal
01-02-2008, 01:37 AM
What? Spinal gets disrespected for loving Haneke? Not cool MatchCut, not cool.

Among my eccentricities, not one of the weirder ones.

I used to get crap for loving Breillat, but she seems to have more supporters nowadays.

Scar
01-02-2008, 01:57 AM

Scar's gettin' old, guys....

Ezee E
01-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Scar's gettin' old, guys....
Looks like Lucky is next up to take your place. Or Lasse.

Boner M
01-02-2008, 02:46 AM
...every time Kurosawa Fan craps on an upcoming film's trailer, even though he digs the cast.

Scar
01-02-2008, 02:48 AM

I can still more then hold my own when it comes to drinking, but I'm staring 30 in the face, and you just don't pop right back up after a hard night of drinkin' like you used to.....

Boner M
01-02-2008, 02:51 AM

Here's one:

...or every time Ivan Drago needlessly victimises himself.

Ivan Drago
01-02-2008, 05:43 AM
Don't pride on this one. It happens to everyone, it's just different tastes that people have. Wats with animation, Spinal with Haneke, me with "macho" stuff, and so on.

I can understand that. But it's just that I got flack for thinking so highly for Superbad in the Grindhouse DVD thread, and I have other times before for different films. And the effect of that flack is...my self-victimizing.

MadMan
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
*Looks over thread* Cool idea. I'm trying to think of something I do regularly here, but I'm drawing a blank.

Derek
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
*Looks over thread* Cool idea. I'm trying to think of something I do regularly here, but I'm drawing a blank.

I got your back. ;)

- Take a shot every time Madman includes anything other than movies (sports, extracurricular activities, going to the laundromat) on his Weekend Viewings in the FDT.

Lasse
01-04-2008, 09:29 PM

Nah, I'm getting too old for this shit.

http://www.seriesblog.es/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/brothers-sisters-danny-glover.jpg

Scar
01-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Nah, I'm getting too old for this shit.

http://www.seriesblog.es/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/brothers-sisters-danny-glover.jpg

Which one of us is which?

Scar
01-04-2008, 09:39 PM
-Every time Scar says he doesn't drink much while drinking a beer, take a shot.

Time to work on y'alls tolerances!

Watashi
01-07-2008, 04:47 AM
Take a shot...

....every time iosos and transmogrifier agree on something

....every time you have to use a dictionary while reading one of Rowland's posts

....every time Spinal mentions Lars Von Trier

....Kurosawa Fan creates a trailer thread for a very bad film

....every time the DVD Releases of the week are declared the "worst week ever"

....Daniel Davis states how Asian cinema is superior to American cinema

....every time Derek watches a horrible film that he just "accidentally" stumbled while channel surfing

transmogrifier
01-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Take a shot every time:

- Spinal mentions his monkey
- iosos argues articulately why a movie sucks without having seen it
- someone complains about "how we've talked about this before"
- Raiders injects seriousness into a previously tongue-in-cheek discussion and shames us all
- D_Davis dislikes some band/singer that is actually the balls.
- meg still finds a movie to be mixed after his fifteenth viewing
- Wats threatens us with negative rep, but never follows through
- I say I'm not going to do something, and then do it anyway

Scull everything in your house if:

- Wats has a bad thing to say about the Bird.
- Nick likes something without someone pointing out that, wow, Nick actually likes something and without him getting annoyed with said comment (all clauses must be satisfied)
- Lasse isn't within 6 feet of an alcoholic beverage while posting.

MadMan
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I got your back. ;)

- Take a shot every time Madman includes anything other than movies (sports, extracurricular activities, going to the laundromat) on his Weekend Viewings in the FDT.Yey! :lol: And yeah, that does happen a lot although it may decrease due to football season ending....

Derek
01-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Take a shot...

....every time Derek watches a horrible film that he just "accidentally" stumbled while channel surfing

I appreciate the effort to include me, but that was only for Are We There Yet?, which I'll admit was mesmerizing in its awfulness and absurdly transparent product placement. Otherwise, I don't watch films on "live" tv, so I can only chalk up the horribleness to friends, family and airplanes. But hey, don't let me stop you from taking a shot if you don't believe me in the future. ;)

Ivan Drago
01-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Take a shot -

- Every time the 3 films I've seen recently in my signature each have a rating of 8 or higher.

I know I do that a lot, so don't take a shot just yet guys, I'm not victimizing myself. ;)

Benny Profane
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Chug a bottle of malt liquor every time a Space Oddity post has asterisk marks in it.

Sycophant
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Chug a bottle of malt liquor every time a Space Oddity post has asterisk marks in it.You want us dead?

*fears*

Scar
01-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Chug a bottle of malt liquor every time a Space Oddity post has asterisk marks in it.

Not even when I was 20.

krazed
01-10-2008, 05:07 AM
-Shot every time horb and/or llops name drop a band whose name you can't pronounce
-Shot every time K Fan talks about his kids
-Shot every time Nick actually enjoys a film
-Shot every time I leave and come back

That should getcha.

megladon8
01-10-2008, 05:12 AM

The purpose of a drinking game is to have people drink a lot :P

Boner M
01-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Shot every time Horb posts about a band with absolutely no info on the net, and whose members consist of insects, forest spirits or fruit.

Shot every time Keyin appears out of the void to school someone on their indie rock knowledge/taste.

Lasse
01-10-2008, 01:06 PM
- Lasse isn't within 6 feet of an alcoholic beverage while posting.

My fridge is very close to my computer. :pritch:

Lasse
01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
- Take a shot every time I mention Kashmir, Mew, D-A-D or some other Danish rock band.

Gizmo
01-10-2008, 02:36 PM
-Take a shot every time one of my local ncaa/professional sports team loses.

We may have a lull during basketball season, but not much of one with Cincy underplaying and Xavier relying too much on the outside game. Don't worry though, spring training is right around the corner.

NickGlass
01-10-2008, 09:49 PM
- Nick likes something without someone pointing out that, wow, Nick actually likes something and without him getting annoyed with said comment (all clauses must be satisfied)

The purpose of a drinking game is to have people drink a lot :P

...it's not gonna work, you guys.

Ezee E
01-10-2008, 10:53 PM
...it's not gonna work, you guys.
That post inplies that you are annoyed.

But you liked There Will Be Blood. Awesome.

Ivan Drago
01-11-2008, 03:45 AM
- Take a shot for every minute I'm not watching Raiders of the Lost Ark. :lol:

Sven
02-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Anytime Ivan Drago talks about his ass in the context of its potential presence at a theater.

MadMan
02-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Chug a beer everytime I make a post promising the following:

*A review/write up for one film or more

*Some list that I've been planning for ages

*To actually finish a list I haven't yet finished or I haven't updated a thread I created.

Sven
02-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Whenever anyone suggests something for the Match Cut Drinking Game having to do with themselves.

Whenever meg lauds or derides a celebrity based on what he's heard about whether they're a cool or uncool person.

dreamdead
02-19-2008, 02:38 AM
Whenever someones mentions something new they've written on their blog that they don't simply cut-n-paste into a thread or new topic on the forum. :frustrated:

megladon8
02-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Take a single sip of water every time megladon8 says something unfunny/inappropriate/completely stupid.

Sure it's not alcohol, but everyone will die of water-poisoning within the next 24 hours.

Sven
02-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Take a single sip of water every time megladon8 says something funny/inappropriate/completely stupid.

:chug-a-lug:

megladon8
02-22-2008, 11:29 AM
:chug-a-lug:

The funny thing is, it was supposed to say unfunny.

:)

Watashi
03-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Take a shot...

Every time Barty mentions Regal in his posts and/or how his theater has the 2nd biggest screen in the world.

Every time number8 randomly talks about him having sex with his wife the other night.

Every time Madman adds a movie to his "long list to see" list.

Every time dukefrukem creates a new thread of a topic that still's on the first page

Every time anyone points out someone's rating in a signature in a non-film related thread

Every time KF goes nuts in a sports thread and declares his fanship over after a few bad games.

Watashi
03-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Oh, and every time rouge mentions how much she wants me.

MadMan
03-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Oh, and every time rouge mentions how much she wants me.So that one exists to give us time to sober up? Awesome!

Take a shot...

Every time Madman adds a movie to his "long list to see" list.Heh, nice. But hey its a very long list! ;)

Best way to get everyone drunk: chug a beer everytime MadMan requests an avatar.

Kurosawa Fan
03-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Every time KF goes nuts in a sports thread and declares his fanship over after a few bad games.

I don't recall ever having done this. Care to point me to a post where this has happened?

Watashi
03-26-2008, 05:23 PM
You don't remember your whole rant against Millen and the Lions?

Scar
03-26-2008, 05:31 PM

The Lions have had a touch more then just a few bad games. Or seasons.

MadMan
03-26-2008, 05:31 PM
You don't remember your whole rant against Millen and the Lions?Hell I don't blame anyone for quitting being a Lions fan because of Millen. KF had very valid reasons for abandoning that shithole of a franchise.

Kurosawa Fan
03-26-2008, 07:15 PM

You call that a few bad games? Are you kidding? Do you watch the NFL? They've won one playoff game since the merger. Their record over the last 6 years is 29-67. That's a winning percentage of .302. And it's not just Millen, as I've pointed out several times. The problem is the Ford family, and until they die and someone else gets the team, they'll always be bad. And through all this, much as I want to, I still can't stop caring about them.

Watashi
03-26-2008, 07:15 PM
*drink*

Kurosawa Fan
03-26-2008, 09:41 PM

*drink*

This isn't a sports thread, and it wasn't a few bad games, and it's not a very common thing that I do in the first place.

You suck at this game.

Derek
03-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Destry Rides Again (1939) - 9.5

Thoughts on this one? I like it a good deal, especially for the greatest chick fight until probably some time in the 60s, but surprised to see a score that high.

Raiders
03-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Thoughts on this one? I like it a good deal, especially for the greatest chick fight until probably some time in the 60s, but surprised to see a score that high.

If this wasn't intentional, it's the funniest thing I have encountered today.

Derek
03-26-2008, 10:12 PM
If this wasn't intentional, it's the funniest thing I have encountered today.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Really, I don't. :)

Raiders
03-26-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

Really, I don't. :)

Every time anyone points out someone's rating in a signature in a non-film related thread"

Derek
03-26-2008, 10:24 PM
*Sigh*

I know Raiders, I was being coy. Perhaps I should have used the *wink* smiley in the spoiler.

Raiders
03-26-2008, 10:28 PM
*Sigh*

I know Raiders, I was being coy. Perhaps I should have used the *wink* smiley in the spoiler.

Or the tongue smiley. Any of them but the generic. That's way too ambiguous.

Derek
03-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Or the tongue smiley. Any of them but the generic. That's way too ambiguous.

Shall we drink?

Raiders injects seriousness into a previously tongue-in-cheek discussion and shames us all

Raiders
03-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Shall we drink?

I think we've gone too deep into the rabbit hole as my post was tongue-in-cheek as well.

Kurosawa Fan
03-27-2008, 11:58 PM

Well, serious or not, I'll respond anyway. Chick fight aside, which was amazing, I loved the complexity of the conclusion.

I loved that Destry in the end had to pull a gun to show his worth in the town. Instead of resorting to mindless propaganda, they showed that the answer isn't easy. He won the respect of the town by not turning to the gun right away, by not using it as a tool to bully obedience out of people, but wouldn't have survived, and wouldn't have restored order without using that gun as a tool for justice. Not only that, but the hooker with a heart of gold was a lot more complex. Even when she was falling in love with Destry, she still set him up so the corrupt members of town could spring their friend from jail. It was her hand that pushed things to their inevitable conclusion. She sacrificed herself, and in doing so atoned for the things she had done, but until the very end there was fear and manipulation in most of her actions.

I'm just surprised that a film from that era didn't take the easy way out in any situation. It really won me over.

Spinal
04-18-2008, 06:37 AM
* Every time monolith rushes to the defense of a Russian film, even ones he doesn't really like.

* Every time a review of a documentary contains a random swipe at Michael Moore just for the hell of it.

* Every time a new Match Cut member reveals themselves to be a Tarkovsky lover and/or an Asian cultist.

MadMan
04-18-2008, 06:40 AM
So that one exists to give us time to sober up? Awesome!

Heh, nice. But hey its a very long list! ;)

Best way to get everyone drunk: chug a beer everytime MadMan requests an avatar.I have a much better one: Drink everytime MadMan mentions how much he loves westerns. Or when he plugs a random western in one of his posts.

Scar
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
*drink*

Benny Profane
09-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Whenever MadMan starts out a post by saying "Pretty much" you must funnel 10 beers.

MadMan
09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Whenever MadMan starts out a post by saying "Pretty much" you must funnel 10 beers.Where's that damn embarrassed smiley? :lol:

Spinal
09-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Whenever a Benny Profane post is directly followed by a supporting Shaun post or vice versa.

Scar
09-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Whenever a Benny Profane post is directly followed by a supporting Shaun post or vice versa.

I suppose we could make one about posts supporting the Democrats, but most don't have the alcohol tolerance for that....

Raiders
09-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Whenever trans comments on a perceived Match Cut quirk.

Ezee E
09-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Has MadMan's, "I should read/watch it, but I'm too lazy, so I won't" been mentioned yet?

:)

MadMan
09-17-2008, 05:29 AM
Has MadMan's, "I should read/watch it, but I'm too lazy, so I won't" been mentioned yet?

:)Maybe. I donno. I'm, um, too lazy to go back through this thread ;)

Watashi
12-07-2010, 05:57 AM
This needs to be updated for a new generation.

- Take a shot for every time DavidSeven asks a rhetorical question to the Match-Cut boards.

- Take a shot for everytime MadMan bumps a consecutive amount of threads in less than one minute.

- Take a shot when Ivan Drago uses the word "AWSUM".

- Take a shot everytime someone links to a review of Armond White panning a popular film

- Take a shot for everytime Spinal mentions "Hot Tub Time Machine".

MadMan
12-07-2010, 08:32 PM
- Take a shot for everytime MadMan bumps a consecutive amount of threads in less than one minute.Clearly you are trying to give these people alcohol poisioning :lol:

Ivan Drago
12-08-2010, 06:00 AM
- Take a shot when Ivan Drago uses the word "AWSUM".

Or when my head explodes.

Sycophant
12-08-2010, 09:17 PM
When someone is accused of not liking movies or ordered that they should find a new hobby, make a Molotov cocktail.

Lucky
12-09-2010, 01:34 AM

Hah, I just saw this. I will proudly take the crown of Match-Cut's local drunk. ...everyone has their niche, right?