PDA

View Full Version : The Change Up (Dobkin)

Dukefrukem
04-21-2011, 11:52 PM
I laughed

FOO0ApRa-p8

Ezee E
04-22-2011, 12:03 AM
I didn't. :lol:

Henry Gale
04-22-2011, 01:42 AM
I mean, they obviously lucked out by having right people on the creative side to imply that it's "From the people that were entirely behind WEDDING CRASHERS and THE HANGOVER" with their advertising, but I don't see why the typical fans of those movies would see this, which the trailer just makes out to be a male, R-rated Freaky Friday. Maybe Olivia Wilde will help.

Either way, I'm not sure there's an excuse for a three-minute red-band trailer for an expensive Summer comedy to have as many lulls as that one does. Bateman seems to be carrying all of the comedic weight there, and I normally like Reynolds.

I'm looking forward to Horrible Bosses much more.

Ezee E
04-22-2011, 01:46 AM
I still say the best change-up would be a mother switching with her son. Why has this not happened yet?

Or has it? Plenty of comedic opportunities.

Henry Gale
04-22-2011, 02:21 AM
I still say the best change-up would be a mother switching with her son. Why has this not happened yet?

Or has it? Plenty of comedic opportunities.

Nah, closest Hollywood seems to have come to that are the purposely awkward scenes in things like Back to the Future and 17 Again where the body/time-switched protagonists find themselves in a situation where their family members start coming onto them without knowing their true relation.

Now that you mention it though, I can't even think of a mainstream body-switch movie that isn't between the same gender. I think we found new life in this tired sub-genre!

Raiders
04-22-2011, 02:23 AM
I don't know... looked kinda funny. Kinda not. I'd rather watch it than the second Hangover film.

Winston*
04-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Weird casting. Reynolds and Bateman are too similar for this to work.

Dead & Messed Up
04-22-2011, 04:07 AM
I feel like this would work better if we could see who each one was. Include your standard mirror shots that show which body they're inside. But Reynolds should be Reynolds, and Bateman should be Bateman.

If that makes any sense.

I'm confused now.

Ezee E
04-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Nah, closest Hollywood seems to have come to that are the purposely awkward scenes in things like Back to the Future and 17 Again where the body/time-switched protagonists find themselves in a situation where their family members start coming onto them without knowing their true relation.

Now that you mention it though, I can't even think of a mainstream body-switch movie that isn't between the same gender. I think we found new life in this tired sub-genre!

I guess the cross gender switch makes it mandatory for an r-rating.

Winston*
04-22-2011, 04:34 AM
I feel like this would work better if we could see who each one was. Include your standard mirror shots that show which body they're inside. But Reynolds should be Reynolds, and Bateman should be Bateman.

If that makes any sense.

I'm confused now.

That way was one of the main reasons Down to Earth with Chris Rock was so terrible.

transmogrifier
04-22-2011, 04:50 AM
What I learnt from that trailer is that Olivia Wilde may in fact be as hot as everyone has been claiming she is after all.

Sycophant
04-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Does this movie seriously not already exist? Kinda surprising.

Doesn't look too spectacular, but it looks to be on the better side of this year's summer comedy crop.

DavidSeven
04-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Reynolds and Bateman are too similar for this to work.

This. Dry comedic straight man takes over the body of ...dry comedic straight man. What the hell?

megladon8
04-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Ha. They used the word "taint" to refer to the section of skin located between the scrotum and the anus.

Gold.

eternity
04-24-2011, 05:49 AM
This. Dry comedic straight man takes over the body of ...dry comedic straight man. What the hell?One's really hot, though.

B-side
04-24-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't know... looked kinda funny. Kinda not. I'd rather watch it than the second Hangover film.

God, yes. This.

number8
05-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Another trailer I watched for the first time because it was playing before Bridesmaids.

What the hell is this movie? Why is the premise weirdly banal, and why, as already pointed out, did they pick two guys who are so similar that it got incredibly confusing when the change happened?

More importantly, why are these two guys I really like in this sleazy-looking shit? This feels like it should be a Vince Vaughn and Dane Cook vehicle.

Dukefrukem
04-09-2012, 01:36 AM
I liked this. More tomorrow.