PDA

View Full Version : Finding Film Again Through Travel

DCC
03-03-2011, 02:53 AM
For about three years there I really wasn't watching many films. There are a number of reasons that contributed to why I wasn't watching film as frequently of which I'm not going to go into. Anyway, last October I got my first chance to leave the States and I went to Peru for a two weeks. I absolutely loved it. A couple of months after that trip I was really getting I fed up with my job. I was just in a rut. So, about a month before Christmas I decided I was going to go do some backpacking in SE Asia and maybe a few other places. I put my notice in at work about three weeks before Christmas and worked my last day on Christmas Eve. On December 30th I left North Carolina to go stay with my brother in Brooklyn for a week over New Years. Then I had a one way ticket to Singapore from NYC on January 6th and only a rough plan of what I was going to do. I've been away for over 2 months now and I'm currently in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

So, that's the back story. The point of this thread is describe how my travels have inspired me to get back into film and to describe some of the cinema experiences I've had in SE Asia.

I figured this would be something different that some of you might find interesting. This might be a slow moving thread because I'm going to be moving around a lot and not every hostel has reliable wifi or wifi at all. Of course I'm also keeping myself pretty busy seeing the sights and just taking in everything. Also, if anyone is interested I've got a travel blog going on at statictravel.com (http://statictravel.com).

kuehnepips
03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
*subscribed*

Kurosawa Fan
03-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Wow. Long time, DCC. Good to see you back.

MadMan
03-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Sounds like you had one hellva a trip.