PDA

View Full Version : Louis C.K.'s "Hilarious"...

Wryan
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Aside from bits you may have caught on the Lenos and Lettermans, this was pretty great. At least three sustained parts when I was laughing very very very hard. The "what if that guy had to finish every time he did that jerking thing?" bit almost made me throw up I was laughing so hard. And it's good to learn the facts about Ray Charles.

Dukefrukem
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
He's my favorite.

Two of my favorite bits ever;

8r1CZTLk-Gk

TG4f9zR5yzY

Dukefrukem
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Another awesome short one

t7UVE5omdaw

Spun Lepton
01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
My favorite living comedian. Love his TV show.

B-side
01-10-2011, 07:53 PM
He's pretty much the greatest person alive right now.

Qrazy
01-10-2011, 08:04 PM
He sure complains a lot about people who complain a lot.

MacGuffin
01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
He's a real piece of shit.

Mr. Pink
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I loved the bit about the overuse of words like "hilarious" and "genius." Anyone ever watch Lucky Louie?

Also, here's part one of him hosting the Opie and Anthony radio show. Three hours long, and funny as hell.

La0gD5eccJA

Kurosawa Fan
01-10-2011, 08:26 PM
He's a real piece of shit.

Hey, thanks for contributing.

Yeah, Louis C.K. is fantastic at bringing scathing observations about the nature of modern society into focus. Sure he's complaining, but isn't that essentially what every comedian does? I love that he is self-deprecating without appearing bitter. That's a fine line, and he balances it brilliantly.

MacGuffin
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM

Yeah, Louis C.K. is fantastic at bringing scathing observations about the nature of modern society into focus. Sure he's complaining, but isn't that essentially what every comedian does? I love that he is self-deprecating without appearing bitter. That's a fine line, and he balances it brilliantly.

Notice how I wasn't necessarily talking about his comedic career. While some of his jokes are pretty good, I ultimately find him a bit complainly as the others do. Overall, the jokes he makes about his daughter are pretty terrible things for a father to say, joking or otherwise. So yeah, he's a real piece of shit.

Sven
01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Overall, the jokes he makes about his daughter are pretty terrible things for a father to say, joking or otherwise. So yeah, he's a real piece of shit.

???

MacGuffin
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcnXpOygKGI#t=3m09s

And also the twenty seconds or so before and probably most of the rest.

B-side
01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
A man will rip off your arm and throw it into a river, but he will leave you as a human being intact. He won't mess with who you are. Women are non-violent but they will shit inside of your heart.

number8
01-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I think he's an overwhelmingly sweet father.

B-side
01-10-2011, 08:41 PM

I really don't understand the problem.

Acapelli
01-10-2011, 08:43 PM
macguffin's a four-year-old girl

Kurosawa Fan
01-10-2011, 08:49 PM
MacGuffin, if you were a parent, you would understand. I can assure you.

B-side
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I think you're taking it way too seriously, Mac. He's merely remarking on how children are treated so much differently than adults. The man adores his children, and he makes that obvious through interviews and all the various times he feels compelled to make sure everyone knows he's not being serious.

Sven
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM

I was already aware of his take on his children. My question marks were more incredulous in nature--a dumbfounded response to your own reaction that left me at a loss for words.

MacGuffin
01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm annoyed by children too, but it's his fault for not wearing a condom.

number8
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
macguffin's a four-year-old girl

I laughed way too hard at this. Maybe not.

number8
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm annoyed by children too, but it's his fault for not wearing a condom.

You're not making sense.

Ezee E
01-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm a semi-detractor of Louis C.K.

I can handle a small dose of him, but after a while, there's just too much negativity to keep on watching. That's why I stopped watching his show halfway through. It started to get eyeroll worthy to me. If I spaced it out to one episode a week, I think it'd probably be just fine.

I intend to watch "Hilarious" though.

Qrazy
01-10-2011, 09:07 PM

Right, but he's complaining about the fact that people complain too much. Anyway, I like his stuff and I just watched Hilarious and enjoyed that as well. I just don't drink the OMGZ LOUIS CK IS THE GREATEST THING EVAR kool-aid. Which is not to say that those of you who think that are drinking the kool-aid, only perhaps that such kool-aid may or may not exist somewhere.

Acapelli
01-10-2011, 09:07 PM
he's just pointing out the inherent ridiculousness in the way children act by using his daughters as an example

would it be ok for a single guy without any children to make these same observations based on theoretical children that he's come up with? actually, that would probably be way weirder

at least from my perspective, i don't perceive any hatred from louis in his comments. frustration maybe, but not disdain. i think even in his act it's clear that he loves his children just based on the tone of his voice when he talks about them

Ezee E
01-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah, he definitely shows love for his children. When he speaks badly about them, it's so obviously exagerrated or in most cases, referring to something else, that makes it funny.

Kurosawa Fan
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Right, but he's complaining about the fact that people complain too much. Anyway, I like his stuff and I just watched Hilarious and enjoyed that as well. I just don't drink the OMGZ LOUIS CK IS THE GREATEST THING EVAR kool-aid. Which is not to say that those of you who think that are drinking the kool-aid, only perhaps that such kool-aid may or may not exist somewhere.

I see it less as complaining about people complaining, and more about pointing out how silly it is for people to be complaining as much as they do. Either way, I'm not sure he's the greatest comic ever, but as far as living comics, he's definitely up there.

Qrazy
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
I see it less as complaining about people complaining, and more about pointing out how silly it is for people to be complaining as much as they do. Either way, I'm not sure he's the greatest comic ever, but as far as living comics, he's definitely up there.

Nah, pointing it out is pointing out. He expresses irritation about it, thus complaining.

Sven
01-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Are you guys really dishing out demerits to a dude for expressing irritation with people that complain a lot? So confusing.

Acapelli
01-10-2011, 10:41 PM
you guys are complaining about a guy complaining about other people complaining

Qrazy
01-11-2011, 12:01 AM
you guys are complaining about a guy complaining about other people complaining

Nah I'm just pointing it out, not irritated by it. See my first post which is clearly descriptive in nature. :P

Sycophant
01-11-2011, 12:18 AM

Such a good bit.

Acapelli
01-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Nah I'm just pointing it out, not irritated by it. See my first post which is clearly descriptive in nature. :P
heh, i know. just felt like making that post

number8
01-11-2011, 04:48 AM

I remember an interview with him in which he reveals that sometimes when he complains about other people doing a certain thing, he's actually talking about himself. Like his "Everything is amazing and no one is happy" bit where he's ranting about some asshole who muttered "This is bullshit!" when the airplane didn't have Wi-Fi. In reality, he caught himself doing that on a plane once. He just thought it makes for a funnier story if he attributes it to someone else and poses the rant in second-person.

Wryan
01-11-2011, 03:47 PM
That doesn't bother me when he can still make it so hysterical. Many comedians tell stories that are clearly outright lies created to sound funny, but if they are funny, I don't care. Gabriel Iglesias is great.

Dukefrukem
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
The best bits he does are about his kids and they're a fuckin riot.

about giving his daughter medicine..

Daughter: ewwww
Louis: FUCK YOU Ewwww! You don't get to say Ewwww.

LOL

Qrazy
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I remember an interview with him in which he reveals that sometimes when he complains about other people doing a certain thing, he's actually talking about himself. Like his "Everything is amazing and no one is happy" bit where he's ranting about some asshole who muttered "This is bullshit!" when the airplane didn't have Wi-Fi. In reality, he caught himself doing that on a plane once. He just thought it makes for a funnier story if he attributes it to someone else and poses the rant in second-person.

Makes sense.

Wryan
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I think his best bit is "Awesome Possum," if only because it's near immaculately organized and told. And funny.