PDA

View Full Version : George Lucas to make movie with CGI dead celebs...hilarity ensues!!

megladon8
12-07-2010, 09:35 PM
OK, so it's more than likely a pile of bullshit, but Mel Smith, who knows and has worked with Lucas in the past, says that Lucas is planning a project in which CGI brings back dead actors like Orson Welles and Barbara Stanwyck to work with modern actors. (http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/12/06/george-lucas-to-make-movie-starring-dead-celebrities/)

Sounds fantabulous to me!

number8
12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Lucasfilm already responded to this. They said it's not true.

megladon8
12-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Lucasfilm already responded to this. They said it's not true.

It's still fun to talk about.

Though I would honestly see James Cameron doing this before Lucas.

Mysterious Dude
12-08-2010, 12:18 AM
I actually think this could be an interesting idea, some day. We could finally have movies about not just celebrities but other historical figures where they actually look like the real people. They should still use living actors, but they could CGI the face, a la Benjamin Button, for a more convincing recreation.

baby doll
12-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Speaking of Benjamin Button, did anybody else get the heebie-jeebies when Brad Pitt turns up at one point looking exactly like he did in 1993?

Ezee E
12-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Sky Captain did this already, and did it convincingly.

Actors won't be happy about when this eventually happens though.

DavidSeven
12-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Would rather see Vincent D'Onofrio act like Orson Welles and look kind of like himself than see a computer manipulated image of the actual Orson Welles interacting with Johnny Depp. Just my opinion. Though I'm sure there's a decent novely factor with the latter.

megladon8
12-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Would rather see Vincent D'Onofrio act like Orson Welles and look kind of like himself than see a computer manipulated image of the actual Orson Welles interacting with Johnny Depp. Just my opinion. Though I'm sure there's a decent novely factor with the latter.

+1 Ed Wood love.

One of my "any time, anywhere" movies. I swear I've seen it 100 times and I could watch it again right now.

DavidSeven
12-08-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm actually not big on Ed Wood, but I love D'Onofrio's brief scene. And it would be a shame if that movie had been made with footage of Wood and Welles instead of performances by Depp and D'Onofrio.

MadMan
12-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Speaking of Benjamin Button, did anybody else get the heebie-jeebies when Brad Pitt turns up at one point looking exactly like he did in 1993?I thought it was amazing, really.

Irish
12-08-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm actually not big on Ed Wood, but I love D'Onofrio's brief scene. And it would be a shame if that movie had been made with footage of Wood and Welles instead of performances by Depp and D'Onofrio.

To me, this is the most memorable scene of any Burton movie, the way it plays off the similarities between the two (visionary, loves making movies, can't get financing).

There was a time I'd cite this scene and then ask people who'd they'd rather be, Wells or Wood.

Winston*
12-08-2010, 02:43 AM
I'm actually not big on Ed Wood, but I love D'Onofrio's brief scene. And it would be a shame if that movie had been made with footage of Wood and Welles instead of performances by Depp and D'Onofrio.Though Welles in that film is a composite of Vincent D'Onofrio's look and Maurice LaMarche's voice, so it's not without its film trickery.

number8
12-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Though Welles in that film is a composite of Vincent D'Onofrio's look and Maurice LaMarche's voice, so it's not without its film trickery.

I was going to say the same thing. It was a bad example since it was basically a creation rather than an actor's performance.

DavidSeven
12-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Well, the point still holds up, I think. There's still a lot of D'Onofrio in the performance. Visually, at least. I don't think I was aware, or maybe forgot, that his voice got dubbed though. It's still not noticeable enough to render the scene a novelty over a dramatic interaction between D'Onofrio's character and Depp's character.

Sycophant
12-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Maurice Lamarche's Orson Welles is something that doesn't get used often enough.

baby doll
12-08-2010, 02:58 AM
More importantly, everyone knows that it's an actor (or actors) playing Orson Welles, where as a CGI zombie would lay claim to a sort of documentary reality, as if we were the "real" Orson Welles.

Grouchy
12-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Like that Tales from the Crypt episode.