PDA

View Full Version : The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

megladon8
07-24-2015, 09:31 PM
http://youtu.be/UpPx7E27Bc8

Great trailer.

Henry Gale
07-29-2015, 08:44 AM
Tatum may no longer be Gambit, which is a bit of a shock since his desire to do it was seemingly the entire impetus for it getting made.

But with it all starting to film in a couple of months and the budget leaking, there's a good possibility his people just let this idea out there for him to negotiate in public. It worked for Neill Blomkamp and David Lynch!

Ivan Drago
07-30-2015, 03:02 AM
At least now he can play Venom.

TGM
07-30-2015, 07:19 PM
So for no real reason other than I randomly felt like ranking some more shit recently, I at first decided to rank all of the non-MCU Marvel movies that I've seen, then afterwards decided, fuck it, I'm adding the MCU into the mix as well. So here's what I came out with, and keep in mind that this ranking is based solely on personal enjoyment as opposed to quality of film (for example, I'm well aware that X2 is technically a better movie than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but god damn do I enjoy the hell out of the latter's cheesiness). Also, right off the bat, many (read: everyone) will disagree with my #1 choice, but it's a movie that I've grown to love quite a bit and which has gradually become an all time favorite of mine, and that I can defend pretty well in-depth against much of the hate that it gets, so its placement at the top is pretty solid with me.

Spider-Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man 3
The Avengers
Spider-Man
X-Men: First Class
The Punisher
Thor: The Dark World
The Amazing Spider-Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Spider-Man 2
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X2: X-Men United
Hulk
Big Hero 6
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Blade
Blade: Trinity
X-Men: The Last Stand
Daredevil
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
X-Men
The Wolverine
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Punisher: War Zone
Iron Man 2
Fantastic Four
Ghost Rider
Blade II

Also, ranking all the Marvel movies has made me suddenly really want to finally seek out and watch Elektra, as its omission from my list just sorta seems glaring to me. :\

So, anyone else wanna give this a go?

number8
07-30-2015, 07:24 PM
I will not.

megladon8
07-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Spider-Man 3 at the top was a unique choice for sure, but Blade 2 at the bottom makes my head spin.

That's still one of the best comic book movies ever, regardless of studio or subject matter.

Dead & Messed Up
07-30-2015, 07:28 PM
I mean, okay:

MCU:

Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Thor
Iron Man 2

Otherwise:

Spider-Man 2
Blade II
Blade
The Wolverine
Spider-Man
The Punisher
Hulk
Big Hero 6
X-Men
Spider-Man 3
Daredevil

TGM
07-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Spider-Man 3 at the top was a unique choice for sure, but Blade 2 at the bottom makes my head spin.

That's still one of the best comic book movies ever, regardless of studio or subject matter.

I admittedly haven't seen it since it was in theaters, but really, the only thing I even remember about the movie is how much the twist in it pissed me off to the point I couldn't enjoy the rest of the movie, and I seriously can't even recall anything else about it. So not only did it not sit well with me when I watched it, it's also the least memorable to me as well. It may well be due for a rewatch, however, as I've seen lots of praise for it over the years since, and my movie viewing habits have changed considerably since then.

megladon8
07-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Which twist? That Novak was the baddie's son?

TGM
07-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Which twist? That Novak was the baddie's son?

Specifically it was the kid suddenly turning on Blade that pissed me off. But who knows, it's possible such a thing might not even bother me in the least were I to watch it today.

Dead & Messed Up
07-30-2015, 08:06 PM
I thought that twist had a fun payoff.

I've been onto you since day one...

megladon8
07-30-2015, 08:17 PM
I always loved the line "you...do not know...who you are FUCKING WITH!"

TGM
07-30-2015, 08:26 PM
K, I think I'm officially putting that movie back on my "to watch" list, 'cause I literally don't even remember the other three scenes you guys have mentioned so far, so it feels almost as if I haven't even seen the damn thing. :p

Peng
07-30-2015, 10:08 PM
X-Men: Days of Future Past
The Avengers
Spider-Man 2
Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor
Iron Man 3
Spider-Man
X-Men
Hulk
Iron Man 2
Big Hero 6
The Incredible Hulk
The Wolverine
Ant-Man
Spider-Man 3
Fantastic Four
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man 2 is the one that fluctuates the most in term of what placement on the upper half I'm gonna give it. What works is tremendous, but there are some things that really clunk (it's been a long time, but I remember some stuff that is probably supposed to be endearingly 'goofy', but for me it just feels embarrassing instead). Still really good on the whole though.

Skitch
07-31-2015, 04:22 AM
Also, right off the bat, many (read: everyone) will disagree with my #1....

Not I. I wouldnt have it that high, but Ive often said I dont understand its hate in the wake of Spider-Man 2's overlove.

Blade 2 at the very bottom is perplexing, though. I will tackle this ranking after a think. ;)

Skitch
07-31-2015, 04:28 AM
Spider-Man 2 is the one that fluctuates... What works is tremendous, but there are some things that really clunk (it's been a long time, but I remember some stuff that is probably supposed to be endearingly 'goofy', but for me it just feels embarrassing instead). Still really good on the whole though.

Youre memory is correct. And with everyone calling it the best comic book movie ever, Raimi continued in true sequel fashion (more bigger same), which explains Spider-Man 3's emo street walks and dance scenes and etc etc.

megladon8
07-31-2015, 04:29 AM
Completely agree about Spider-Man 2's overlove, Skitch.

Not only do I not see what was so overwhelmingly amazing about it, but I prefer the first movie.

X2 and Blade 2 are better sequels.

Ezee E
07-31-2015, 05:08 AM
If it wasn't for that WWE final fight in Blade 2, it could've been one of the best comic book movies period.

TGM
07-31-2015, 05:13 AM
If it wasn't for that WWE final fight in Blade 2, it could've been one of the best comic book movies period.

Yet another scene that I can't for the life of me recall. Dammit. ;)

Ezee E
07-31-2015, 05:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR55cGldDSg

Here's the suplex at least.

Melville
07-31-2015, 12:24 PM
All the superheroes!

1. Spider-Man 2
2. X-Men: First Class
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Spider-Man 3
6. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
7. X-Men: Days of Future Past
8. Batman
9. The Dark Knight
10. Spider-Man
11. X-Men 2
12. Unbreakable
13. Kick-Ass
14. The Incredibles
15. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
16. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
----------(I like the movies above, dislike those below)
17. The Wolverine
18. X-Men
19. Superman
20. Superman Returns
21. Avengers
22. Iron Man
23. The Amazing Spider-Man
24. Batman Returns
25. Batman Begins
26. Hulk
27. Blade
28. Blade II
29. The Punisher (1989)
30. Superman II,III,IV
31. Daredevil
32. X-Men: The Last Stand
33. Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
34. Batman Forever
35. Kick-Ass 2
36. Spawn
37. Batman & Robin

Dukefrukem
07-31-2015, 12:50 PM
I haven't yet seen a list that works for me so here is the correct list.

Spider-man 2
The Dark Knight
Captain America: The Winter Solider
The Avengers
Gurdians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Iron Man
Spider-man
Batman
Superman
X-Men
Big Hero 6
The Dark Knight Rises
V for Vendetta
Batman Begins
Iron Man 3
Watchmen
Batman Returns
Blade
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Thor
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
X-Men Days of Future Past
The Rocketeer
Blade 2
Hellboy
Spider-man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spawn
Superman II
The Punisher
-------------------------------------- below this line i would consider "Nays"
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Man of Steel
The Incredible Hulk
The Crow
Iron Man 2
Fantastic 4
Daredevil
The Amazing Spider-Man
X-Men 2
Hulk
The Punisher: War Zone
Kick-Ass
Kick-Ass 2
The Wolverine
The Punisher (1989)
Ghost Rider
Superman II,III,IV
Batman & Robin
X-Men Origins
Catwoman

transmogrifier
07-31-2015, 03:22 PM
All the superheroes!

4.Guardians of the Galaxy
8.Batman
12.Unbreakable
16.Captain America: The Winter Soldier
21.Avengers
24.Batman Returns

And these are the only ones on your list I would whole-heartedly endorse. And even most of those are between 65-70.

number8
08-03-2015, 04:48 PM
You know, if you really have to do a trailer for a trailer, at least make it its own thing, like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

megladon8
08-03-2015, 08:09 PM
I have a feeling the marketing campaign for this will end up being better than the movie.

D_Davis
08-03-2015, 09:11 PM
All the superheroes!

12.Unbreakable

24. Batman Returns

26. Hulk

These are the only three that I would ever actively want to watch again, so long as we're talking Ang Lee's Hulk.

Ezee E
08-04-2015, 04:25 AM
I have a feeling the marketing campaign for this will end up being better than the movie.

Like most comic book movies.

Morris Schæffer
08-05-2015, 05:17 AM
https://youtu.be/FyKWUTwSYAs

And here it is. Comicon trailer basically. I doubt the general violence and irresponsible behaviour is enough of a pull to get me to like this. It looks decent at best regardless of whether Deadpool looks and sounds just right.

Dukefrukem
08-05-2015, 11:38 AM
This will be Fox's biggest hit ever.

Ezee E
08-05-2015, 01:34 PM
This will be Fox's biggest hit ever.

Rated R. Looks to follow the same ol' formula otherwise.

number8
08-07-2015, 02:39 PM
His handlers made him delete this immediately, but screenshots live forever.

https://i.imgur.com/EHMgq6c.jpg

Henry Gale
08-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Yeah, once I heard about the 40 pages of reshoots over the course of a month earlier this year, saw that the newer trailers suddenly had new action scenes where everyone looked different (clearly a part of the new pages), and reviews started saying how scenes from the early promo stuff is completely absent, I felt all this coming.

I also figured Trank would give no fucks and tweet something like that. :lolol:

Skitch
08-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Man, I feel bad for Trank. I feel like I'd rather see his vision than the producers.

Ivan Drago
08-07-2015, 05:11 PM
This has a 10% on Rotten Tomatoes. TEN PERCENT.

My expectations were already low....but jeez.....

number8
08-07-2015, 05:44 PM
That actually makes me want to see it. That's lower than Jonah Hex!

Skitch
08-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Where do you stand on that flick, 8? I thought it was bizarro good bad.

number8
08-07-2015, 05:54 PM
It was a better acted Wild Wild West.

Skitch
08-07-2015, 05:55 PM
It was a better acted Wild Wild West.

That is fucked up. LMAO

number8
08-07-2015, 05:55 PM
10% is also lower than Frank Miller's The Spirit.

It's tied with Catwoman and Elektra.

Skitch
08-07-2015, 06:10 PM
10% is also lower than Frank Miller's The Spirit.

It's tied with Catwoman and Elektra.
Its one percent less than Batman & Robin.

Dukefrukem
08-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Epic.

Since LucasFilm is tied to Fox, I'm sure this is the reason why they pushed him off Star Wars.

Lazlo
08-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Epic.

Since LucasFilm is tied to Fox, I'm sure this is the reason why they pushed him off Star Wars.

Disney owns Lucasfilm. Fox was only the distributer from Empire on.

Lucasfilm probably pushed him off Star Wars for reasons related to FF, but not because they're a division of Fox.

number8
08-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Fox was only the distributer from Empire on.

Fox has the theatrical and home video release rights for all six Star Wars movies. In fact, they own permanent rights to the original film. Disney can never release it.

Dukefrukem
08-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Well how would Disney get a whiff of how bad this movie was then? Has to be through Fox.

Ivan Drago
08-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Well how would Disney get a whiff of how bad this movie was then? Has to be through Fox.

I think Simon Kinberg is also producing one of the Star Wars spinoffs.

Sycophant
08-08-2015, 10:19 AM
I hear Hollywood's a pretty incestuous town. You don't need to work for the same studio to hear how a project's going down.

Dukefrukem
08-08-2015, 12:25 PM
I hear Hollywood's a pretty incestuous town. You don't need to work for the same studio to hear how a project's going down.

I suppose this probably makes the most sense. Sometimes the simplest reason is the most probable.

number8
08-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Never forget this bit from Real Heroes, published last year.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/48c30fb7653b62b2408e6794cd1c37 2c/tumblr_nstk9rSSGH1rg365do1_128 0.png

number8
09-01-2015, 04:08 PM
So this is kind of a big news. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/marvel-shake-up-film-chief-819205)

Kevin Feige and by extension Marvel Studios will no longer have to report to Marvel Entertainment CEO Ike Perlmutter. Instead, Feige will only answer directly to Disney chairman Alan Horn. This is a real power move by him to side up to Disney directly like that.

Perlmutter will continue to be top dog for Marvel's TV, comics, and animation side, but he'll no longer have a say in the movies.

number8
09-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Oooh, the change is even bigger than just circumventing Perlmutter. (http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/09/02/the-marvel-creative-committee-is-over)

number8
09-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Joaquin Phoenix:
(http://www.timeout.com/london/film/joaquin-phoenix-on-being-hollywoods-grumpy-old-man-and-working-with-woody-allen-on-irrational-man)

There was talk of you playing Doctor Strange for Marvel, but the role went to Benedict Cumberbatch. Would you ever be up for making a big film like that, or even a ‘Star Wars’?
‘Sure. When I was younger I was probably a bit of a snob about that. But they’ve gotten better. I’ve flirted with several of those films, having meetings and getting close, but ultimately it never felt like they’d really be fulfilling. There were too many requirements that went against my instincts for character. I’ve been spoiled. I’ve never had to make those compromises. I’ve not met a director yet with one of those films where we go through the script, they say: “You know what, fuck this set-piece, let’s focus on the character!” I understand, but it’s best I don’t do it.’

Do you think those filmmakers end up thinking you’re awkward or hard to please?
‘Yeah, but I’m not just being difficult. I’m just trying to find what works for me. I don’t want to commit to something and not fulfil those obligations. I enjoy watching those movies. Did you see the rebooted “Star Trek”? That kid Chris Pine who plays Kirk is fucking genius. I just don’t know if I want to have the experience of being in them. I’ve read some of those scripts and 75 percent is a description of some asteroid going through space.’

Grouchy
09-02-2015, 08:19 PM
I really don't feel the need for actors like Joaquin Phoenix to be in blockbuster superhero movies. It's clearly not fulfilling for them as artists, and they end up giving their worst performances as a result. It's ultimately a move to give prestige to something that doesn't need it on the first place.

Melville
09-02-2015, 08:36 PM
I really don't feel the need for actors like Joaquin Phoenix to be in blockbuster superhero movies. It's clearly not fulfilling for them as artists, and they end up giving their worst performances as a result. It's ultimately a move to give prestige to something that doesn't need it on the first place.
When the actors aren't given a lot to do, that might be true. But sometimes great performances can be integral to a blockbuster's quality. Fassbender and McAvoy were a major reason I liked the last couple X-Men movies. Fassbender was also the highlight of Prometheus. In other words, just put Fassbender in every movie.

number8
09-02-2015, 08:36 PM
My belief has always been that superhero movies, especially the way Marvel makes them, should be the chance for character actors to get to be a lead.

Dukefrukem
09-05-2015, 01:37 PM
“Listen, if Marvel wants me they got me. I’ve never had such a relationship where you have such—I mean look at my resume, I’m used to being on set being like, ‘Ah is this movie gonna be terrible?’ Marvel just can’t stop making great movies, they do it in their sleep. It’s wonderful directors and producers and actors and scripts, and it’s like a playground as an actor.”

Hmm.

megladon8
09-11-2015, 04:07 AM
So Fox might have maybe, perhaps, perchance, possibly changes Apocalpyse to be more in keeping with the comics.

Either that or he has multiple appearances in the film.

OR the supposed set/VFX photo is fake.

number8
09-15-2015, 06:10 PM
I honestly don't know what people are on about because he looks exactly the same to me in that leaked screenshot.

megladon8
09-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Maybe we're not talking about the same screenshot then, because the one I saw (I'll try to find it and post it - difficult on my phone) is Apocalypse ripped straight out of the comics.

megladon8
09-16-2015, 04:50 PM
http://s17.postimg.org/gyt50xxfz/image.jpg

The collar/suit could very well be the same, but the face has changed completely. Lighter blue skin, the pronounced blue lips tracing his cheekbone, white eyes.

number8
09-16-2015, 06:42 PM
The line from the lips to the cheekbones were in previous pics also. Look:

https://salondelmal.files.wordpress.co m/2015/07/apocalypse1.png?w=800&h=250&crop=1

And I just assumed that the lighter color scheme is because it's a shitty pic instead of a real screenshot, which also makes the yellow eyes look white.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/151/766/i02/ApocalypseHeader.jpg?143706432 7

Henry Gale
10-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Haha what?! Taiki Waititi set to direct Thor: Ragnarok. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/taiki-waititi-direct-third-thor-829089)

As much as I love What We Do In The Shadows, I never thought it would be the film that immediately preceded an MCU entry from him.

[ETM]
10-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Let's hope he pulls a Gunn instead of a Trank.

Henry Gale
10-02-2015, 09:59 PM
;546376']Let's hope he pulls a Gunn instead of a Trank.

Well, I feel like the former is more likely since the relationship between Trank and Fox seemed to have been to just withhold information and each of their intentions from one another until very last possible minutes in production, resulting in complete distrust and near-unsalvageable elements of a final product. With Marvel's already established mega-franchise beyond just the previous Thor films and Feige's guiding (if not outright pushing) hand, Waititi is walking into a pretty sturdy foundation, and they had to be the ones to choose him for him, or at the very least, his openness to doing whatever they tell him.

But Gunn walked into Guardians with an existing script, all the characters and their arcs that couldn't be changed, and all the action setpieces firmly in place, and they still let his voice through pretty prominently.

number8
10-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Marvel loves them comedy directors.

Henry Gale
10-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Marvel loves them comedy directors.

From the article:

Ruben Fleischer, Rob Letterman and Rawson Marshall Thurber were the other directors that were finalists for the gig.

:/

Skitch
10-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Its still kinda freaking me out that I absolutely cannot see Oscar Isaac in the Apocalypse make-up. He is in there, right? I dig it, just...can't...see...him...

transmogrifier
10-02-2015, 11:31 PM
From the article:

Ruben Fleischer, Rob Letterman and Rawson Marshall Thurber were the other directors that were finalists for the gig.

:/

Thank God they managed to choose the only one with some semblance of personality and craft.

megladon8
10-09-2015, 02:33 AM
The budget for Infinity War Part 1 & 2 is $1 billion.

That's fucking ridiculous.

Lazlo
10-09-2015, 02:54 AM
The budget for Infinity War Part 1 & 2 is $1 billion.

That's fucking ridiculous.

What's incredible is $400 million of that is for writers, directors, producers, and actors. While I'm sure there's a lot of those folks under that chunk, allegedly Downey is getting half of the acting budget.

Skitch
10-09-2015, 03:31 AM
It is ridiculous....until you reconsider....its highly probable both parts will easily make at least 1.5 billion each.

megladon8
10-09-2015, 04:01 AM
The sad thing is that if they don't make that kind of profit, they'll be seen as utter failures.

This type of budget and revenue expectation has ruined movies (and video games).

And this so coming from a fan of these movies.

Dead & Messed Up
10-09-2015, 06:22 AM
I'm still going cross-eyed from that director list.

"Get me the director of Gulliver's Travels and Shark Tale!" someone said unironically.

Dukefrukem
10-09-2015, 12:08 PM
With an Ant-Man sequel confirmed, Phase 3 is looking awfully crowded now.... Marvel has also announced that three untitled MCU movies will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and Nov. 6, 2020. Ridiculous lineup indeed. What does DC have? Like 3 confirmed dates?

Captain America: Civil War May 6, 2016

Doctor Strange November 4, 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 May 5, 2017

Untitled Spider-Man film July 28, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok November 3, 2017

Black Panther February 16, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 May 4, 2018

Ant-Man and the Wasp July 6, 2018

Captain Marvel March 8, 2019

Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2 May 3, 2019

Inhumans July 12, 2019

Skitch
10-10-2015, 06:57 AM
Marvel just selects all the dates, that way when competing comic book movies are announced they can go "oooooohhhh whos gonna blink" nonsense.

Dukefrukem
10-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Rumors have it that now there's an Ant-Man sequel in the works, the Inhumans movie is canceled, which would be pretty disappointing since after Dr Strange next year almost everything else on Marvel's plate is a sequel. (Black Panther and Capt. Marvel seem so far away)

megladon8
10-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Inhumans was one of the movies I was most interested in.

That sucks.

slqrick
10-15-2015, 09:15 PM
Fantastic Four rights going back to Marvel in exchange for TV rights to X-Men going to Fox? Sure.

Lazlo
10-15-2015, 09:51 PM
Fantastic Four rights going back to Marvel in exchange for TV rights to X-Men going to Fox? Sure.

It's not true, apparently.

Dukefrukem
10-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Don't fucking tease me.

bac0n
10-16-2015, 02:28 PM

I wish Marvel had a clause in their contracts that said "if you fuck up our superheroes too much in your movies, we get the rights back"

number8
10-17-2015, 03:08 PM
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/mark-ruffalo-thor-ragnarok-hulk-1201619246/

Ruffalo co-starring in Thor: Ragnarok.

Rumor is that it's going to be a buddy movie with Hulk as the sidekick.

Dukefrukem
10-18-2015, 07:46 PM
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/mark-ruffalo-thor-ragnarok-hulk-1201619246/

Ruffalo co-starring in Thor: Ragnarok.

Rumor is that it's going to be a buddy movie with Hulk as the sidekick.

As a planet Hulk movie looms. This could be the prelude.

Dukefrukem
10-18-2015, 11:39 PM
http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/96/42/2e9ba3e1a70e1e66c616328eef51e6 ab.gif

Dukefrukem
10-24-2015, 12:24 AM
For Arya.

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/e1ff08f8278dfbbc339eee0c21c139 9b/202854240/marvelphasetwo.jpg

number8
10-24-2015, 12:11 PM
Yuuup about time.

Dukefrukem
10-24-2015, 12:49 PM
It's almost 50% more expensive this time around.

Irish
11-25-2015, 04:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43NWzay3W4s

OH HELL YES

Ezee E
11-25-2015, 06:56 AM
I may actually see that one.

Milky Joe
11-25-2015, 08:14 AM
f-f-f-f-f-uh-k yeah.

Morris Schæffer
11-25-2015, 10:37 AM
I certainly have somewhat high hopes for this, it's just that some story beats begin to blur into one another with all of these movies. I mean, the idea that superheroes aren't really desired just strikes me as a familiar idea. It's possible that the trailer for Batman vs. Superman has given me that idea. The X-Men movies had some of that.

I'm also skeptical about how far these opposing characters will be taken since they're still part of the Avengers. I think this will deliver, but I'm not sure it'll have a more engaging story than Winter Soldier.

megladon8
11-25-2015, 11:05 AM
Really intrigued by that fight scene with Buck, Cap and Iron Man. Looks like it's shot in a cool way.

Skitch
11-25-2015, 11:41 AM
I love that Cap has the best movies in the MCU.

number8
11-25-2015, 12:20 PM
One can dismiss RDJ's acting for the past few years, but honestly that one line delivery in the trailer manages to make Stark more sympathetic than seven whole issues of the comic.

megladon8
11-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Yes! I thought that was great.

Dukefrukem
11-25-2015, 12:32 PM
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

megladon8
11-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Can't wait to see Black Panther in action. Got a couple quick glimpses, looks badass.

Dukefrukem
11-25-2015, 12:41 PM
This is another perfect Marvel trailer. Perfection. Tone, what is shown. What is not shown. I so want to know (right now) if William Hurt's role is bigger than it appears.

Lazlo
11-25-2015, 01:02 PM
Been awhile since I've had trailer goosebumps. Got 'em now. Let's go!

number8
11-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Best poster.

https://i.imgur.com/j2OhvhH.jpg

slqrick
11-25-2015, 06:35 PM
T'challa looks fucking beast.

Ivan Drago
11-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Glorious. Simply glorious.

Watashi
11-25-2015, 09:33 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12274689_917836868251337_12768 32428028204348_n.jpg?oh=4f4941 f084b907bad8af63b386fb9dd1&oe=56E170CB

Skitch
11-25-2015, 09:46 PM
I see Tony's pain in that moment...and then I remember his cocky attitude towards Steve in Avengers...why would Steve pick you, Tony? You're an ass.

Dead & Messed Up
11-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Moreover, why does Tony think they were friends? They teamed up for fights, but I can't remember a time where they get along and actually demonstrate a genuine friendship. The shawarma joint and the party at Tony's apartment, maybe?

Reminds me of that moment in Sith where Kenobi's all "You were my brother, I loved you!" Wait, when did that happen? In, like, the first 20 minutes of one of three films?

Watashi
11-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Stuff happens off screen.

Dead & Messed Up
11-25-2015, 10:48 PM
Stuff happens off screen.

Pics or it didn't happen.

number8
11-26-2015, 12:20 AM
You're spoiled by franchise filmmaking and expecting the set up to be doled out in multiple previous movies. Fact is this movie will probably start with several scenes of them being besties.

Skitch
11-26-2015, 01:18 AM
Moreover, why does Tony think they were friends? They teamed up for fights, but I can't remember a time where they get along and actually demonstrate a genuine friendship. The shawarma joint and the party at Tony's apartment, maybe?

Reminds me of that moment in Sith where Kenobi's all "You were my brother, I loved you!" Wait, when did that happen? In, like, the first 20 minutes of one of three films?

But even in those scenes they had distaste for each other. At best they had "brother in arms" respect for each other but hardly an undying bond, imo.

Kenobi and Skywalker bonded in The Clone Wars show. :D

Irish
11-26-2015, 04:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hXRvL0p.gif

YOU GUYS SAW THIS RIGHT?

LET'S GET OUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, FFS.

;)

Dukefrukem
11-26-2015, 12:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hXRvL0p.gif

YOU GUYS SAW THIS RIGHT?

LET'S GET OUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, FFS.

;)

I didn't even notice in the trailer that they actually pass around the shield.

DavidSeven
11-27-2015, 04:42 AM
Lord help me, but I felt Snyder's Batman Vs Superman trailer was better and that showdown was made to seem more immediately compelling.

Needed more of Starks's perspective. Don't really get what's driving either guy here to be honest. I'm sure the movie fleshes this out, but the trailer itself sort of left me unmoved and scratching my head.

Grouchy
11-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Hahahah you're reviewing the two trailers as if they were the actual movies?

Peng
11-28-2015, 03:55 AM
Snyder makes great trailers. I still rewatch Man of Steel's from time to time.

TGM
12-08-2015, 06:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVqZzlwWsAE25HQ.jpg

megladon8
12-09-2015, 08:35 PM
With how much they're talking about Spidey's costume bring heavy CGI I'm really curious what's going on with it.

First thing I thought was that it could be like Deadpool where the eyes are animated and move.

Lazlo
12-11-2015, 02:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQcilG-7as

Sign me up. Always enjoyed Apocalypse.

Irish
12-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Looks silly, but I'm up for the cast.

At least this time it looks like they'll be fighting someone other than themselves.

Lazlo
12-11-2015, 03:08 PM
At least this time it looks like they'll be fighting someone other than themselves.

Yeah, that has me the most excited. Magneto's still there, but he's not the mastermind. Apocalypse looks formidable and daunting. The struggle for the soul of Mystique is a storyline I'm glad to see (hopefully) downplayed. Did not enjoy First Class at all and only mildly liked Days of Future Past.

number8
12-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Oscar Isaac seems like he's having fun.

Dukefrukem
12-11-2015, 05:29 PM
First reaction: Could you copy the Avengers 2 trailer more?

megladon8
12-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Lol!!

"Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? He got that one from the Bible."

"Or maybe...the Bible got it from him!"

Man, this stuff writes itself.

Watashi
12-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Apparently Singer is heavily influenced by the 90's cartoon and not the comics.

Milky Joe
12-12-2015, 05:24 AM
Apparently Singer is heavily influenced by the 90's cartoon and not the comics.

Good.

Awesome trailer, I'm sure the movie will deliver. Singer + X-Men is can't miss.

Morris Schæffer
12-28-2015, 07:55 PM
http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/12/22/00-ew1397-1398-marvel-first-look.jpg

Dukefrukem
12-31-2015, 05:56 PM
Very intriguing stuff from Kevin Feige on the next Thor movie....

“I don't think people will read into that title alone [regarding] what the movie's going to be,” he said. “It's going to be, perhaps, as totally different from the two prior Thor movies as Winter Soldier was from the first Captain America. We want to take it to new places, we've got new characters that will show how big we're swinging on this. And we have a Hulk.”

“The film takes place within the cosmos primarily which is to say, frankly, very little Earth.”

So Hulk is in the next Thor and he may very well be off Earth.

Henry Gale
12-31-2015, 08:51 PM
I mean, that's exactly what I want to hear, but is that anything we didn't already assume? Once you have the Guardians, Doctor Strange and even Ant-Man (Microverse / Quantum Realm) in your universe, it'd be such a missed opportunity not to go more cosmic with one of the originals who's already gone rainbow-beam-hopping between worlds.

Plus, no one's officially said a word as to whether Portman, Skarsgard and Dennings are even returning.

number8
01-12-2016, 02:01 AM
Just made official. Ryan Coogler is doing Black Panther.

Dukefrukem
01-12-2016, 11:44 AM
I gotta see Creed a-sap.

Dukefrukem
02-08-2016, 02:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWXxPvBk6oo

Dukefrukem
02-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Weird that Gunn came out and said

there won't be a Thanos appearance in GotG2 or Infinity Stone reference.

Feels like Thanoes already exists in this universe so advance the story that way. Easy.

Just makes me wonder when we are going to see the rest of the stones and the threat leading up to Infinity war. I guess there's plenty of time in Thor 3, Dr Strange and Black Panther (maybe Spider-man) but I'm anxious.

Grouchy
02-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Thor 3 seems like the movie for that then.

Dukefrukem
02-16-2016, 08:52 PM
HA!!!!

Fox Says Wolverine 3 Will Be Rated 'R'

number8
02-16-2016, 09:03 PM
We'll see if it sticks. Jackman said he's not keen on making an R-rated Wolverine movie, and I'm with him 100% on that. But yeah, it's reaaaaaally predictable for Fox to do this.

Skitch
02-16-2016, 09:54 PM
We'll see if it sticks. Jackman said he's not keen on making an R-rated Wolverine movie, and I'm with him 100% on that. But yeah, it's reaaaaaally predictable for Fox to do this.

Yep, all of this. I'll believe it when I see it.

Dukefrukem
02-17-2016, 01:33 AM
Seems like a no brainer for Fox. 5 of the 6 largest openings are X-men movies.

20TH CENTURY FOX - OPenings.

1 Deadpool $132,434,639
2 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith $108,435,841
3 X-Men: The Last Stand $102,750,665
4 X-Men: Days of Future Past $90,823,660
5 X2: X-Men United $85,558,731
6 X-Men Origins: Wolverine $85,058,003

TGM
02-17-2016, 02:17 AM
Woulda thought Episode I would be on there of any of the prequels based on the hype alone.

Dukefrukem
02-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Kurt Russell has officially joined GotG2. Pom Klementieff as playing Mantis and Elizabeth Debicki, and Chris Sullivan.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--37lIbVpw--/kilmjzc9w5sjraabyq6b.png

Ezee E
02-17-2016, 09:41 PM
Like that Groot is still small Groot

Dukefrukem
02-24-2016, 01:26 AM
Holy shit. Wolverine III is going to be an adaptation of Old Man Logan... which is wicked fucking violent. Also confirmed to be rated R. This will top Deadpool's records.

Morris Schæffer
02-24-2016, 10:54 AM
Holy shit. Wolverine III is going to be an adaptation of Old Man Logan... which is wicked fucking violent. Also confirmed to be rated R. This will top Deadpool's records.

The blu-ray of Batman vs. Superman will also be rated....R.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74508

(http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74508)

Morris Schæffer
02-24-2016, 10:55 AM
And wait, holy shit, the new Die Hard will also be rated R!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, well, ok, that's not actually true.

Irish
03-10-2016, 04:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us

!!!

Wryan
03-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Ha, that wide shot of the teams running at each other at the airport looks so chintzy.

Looks good overall though. Hope it works.

Dukefrukem
03-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Not watching!

Lazlo
03-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Not watching!

Stay strong!

Dukefrukem
03-10-2016, 06:53 PM
Stay strong!

I take after you Lazlo!

Lazlo
03-10-2016, 07:18 PM
I take after you Lazlo!

"You must spread some reputation around..."

Skitch
03-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Why are people freaking out about 1.5 milliseconds of Spider-Man? Was nowhere near enough to judge up or down.

Irish
03-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Why are people freaking out about 1.5 milliseconds of Spider-Man? Was nowhere near enough to judge up or down.

1. The way his voice cracked when he tried to be all casual was spot-on for the character. He's always supposed to have been a kid out of his depth.
2. The "Underoos" line was funny and a perfect introduction.
3. Seeing Spider-man in an actual Marvel Studios movie, after all these years and several bad outings, is pretty f'ing cool.
4. Personally, I wish they could do or would do more crossover stuff.

Dukefrukem
03-11-2016, 12:26 AM
Irish nailed it.

Also, I didn't watch the trailer, but that didn't stop the headlines everywhere along with this gif.

How do people feel about the eyes here?

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--znoBscdP--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_63 6/kxmkjzqjkgsq4qad4rzo.gif

Scar
03-11-2016, 01:02 AM
His eyes squinted in the cartoons I grew up with, yes?

Dukefrukem
03-11-2016, 01:11 AM
His eyes squinted in the cartoons I grew up with, yes?

Yeah. Very Deadpooly. I think Black Panther's eyes are going to do this too. Just wondering what everyone thought of using this method rather than the static format.

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/sandbox/news/140505/spiderman-600x450.jpg

Skitch
03-11-2016, 01:58 AM
Irish nailed it? I watched three times and never noticed a cracked voice (nor do I remember reading that in a Spidey book), the Underoos line was fine I guess though kinda weird with bunch of costumed people standing facing each like a dodge ball line, and his other two points didnt have anything to do with performance. Im not dogging Spideys appearance, just saying it was far from worthy any hub bub.

Skitch
03-11-2016, 01:59 AM
Btw i think the eyes look sweet. In fact I'm far more interested in the science behind those than the webshooters.

megladon8
03-11-2016, 02:14 AM
I think he looks great. Definitely my favorite live action Spider-Man look thus far.

Dead & Messed Up
03-11-2016, 03:42 AM
Spider-Man Shmider-Pan. Best moment was when Cap said, "I could do this all day."

megladon8
03-11-2016, 03:48 AM
So nice to not have those big ugly webs protruding out of the costume for once.

Morris Schæffer
03-11-2016, 07:37 AM
looks exceptionally good. The stakes appear massive and the conflict between the leads appears genuine, powerful. Can't be here soon enough.

@damu: that line's ripped from an Arnold movie though. :) Maybe The Last Stand.

Scar
03-11-2016, 11:51 AM
@damu: that line's ripped from an Arnold movie though. :) Maybe The Last Stand.

I'm guessing that line is as old as Arnold.

megladon8
03-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Guys, c'mon.

It's a reference to the first Cap flick.

Scar
03-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Guys, c'mon.

It's a reference to the first Cap flick.

I'm just pointing out that it wasn't 'ripped' from an Arnold movie.

transmogrifier
03-11-2016, 12:36 PM
First trailer was better. This just looks generic.

number8
03-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Ha, that wide shot of the teams running at each other at the airport looks so chintzy.

https://scontent.fbkk1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1918856_1180853091959144_79510 65334208849044_n.jpg?oh=703a2a 234be24caf3f0afdfa136db19a&oe=575A705E

Dukefrukem
03-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Yeah. Very Deadpooly. I think Black Panther's eyes are going to do this too. Just wondering what everyone thought of using this method rather than the static format.

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/sandbox/news/140505/spiderman-600x450.jpg

I watched a video on youtube where they were talking about spider-mans eyes and they showed the clip. If you listen closely, you can hear what sounds like a camera lens focusing. I think this may be the Tony Stark Spidey suit.

Grouchy
03-12-2016, 09:59 PM
I'd really love it if the characters from the Netflix TV shows had at least a cameo in this that shows their alignement.

Wryan
03-12-2016, 11:41 PM
I watched a video on youtube where they were talking about spider-mans eyes and they showed the clip. If you listen closely, you can hear what sounds like a camera lens focusing. I think this may be the Tony Stark Spidey suit.

You're right. The eyelids also have an aperture-like lens (but in the shape of his eye) that narrows, probably some kind of zoom or HUD, if Tony was involved in his suit. Dunno how that comports with comic stuff.

DavidSeven
03-13-2016, 06:17 AM
I'm sure the CGI on Spider-Man will get better, but why even go there? The costume looks silly in the trailer, so I can sympathize with the negative reactions.

Dukefrukem
03-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Dunno how that comports with comic stuff.

THe suit in the comics was amazing. It gave spidey 4 more arms (like Doc Oc)

Dukefrukem
03-20-2016, 03:08 PM
They better have some tricks up their sleeve because personally I'd see Batman-anything over anything.

So untrue now.

Ezee E
03-20-2016, 03:11 PM
I don't even think I'll see this. I didn't see Avengers 2 either.

But I will see Capt America: Civil War.

Dukefrukem
03-20-2016, 04:59 PM
The reason I was going back in 2014 posts is because I wanted to see when Phase 3 was officially announced and when we could possibly start to hear about Phase 4.

They announced movies into 2019 at their standalone event, 5 years before and 2 years before Phase 3 even started.

I'm wondering if we will start to hear lineups at this years comic-con since that was their initial plan but they weren't ready to announce in July of 2014. I'm also really curious if Inhumans is still in the pipes.

TGM
03-20-2016, 05:03 PM
Do you really want to know that far ahead, though? Personally I found the gradually expanding MCU far more intriguing back when we didn't know the full plan, and only had an idea what the next movie was based on the post-credits teases. *shrug*

Dukefrukem
03-20-2016, 05:05 PM
Do you really want to know that far ahead, though? Personally I found the gradually expanding MCU far more intriguing back when we didn't know the full plan, and only had an idea what the next movie was based on the post-credits teases. *shrug*

The more Marvel stuff I read, the most interested I am on their master plan. I want it all. I want it all.

Ezee E
03-20-2016, 05:26 PM
I figure they need to see if some of these lesser-known superhero movies pan out before planning 2020-forward. If Iron Man/Captain America/Thor is done, will Black Panther/Captain Marvel/Doctor Strange/Inhumans truly be the way to go for the next ten years?

Skitch
03-20-2016, 07:11 PM
I hate knowing their layout too far in advance. It robs any drama from Spider-Man reboot version 3 knowing parts 2, 3, 4, 5, and Mary Jane and Aunt Mae spinoffs are already scheduled.

Dukefrukem
03-20-2016, 07:14 PM
I figure they need to see if some of these lesser-known superhero movies pan out before planning 2020-forward. If Iron Man/Captain America/Thor is done, will Black Panther/Captain Marvel/Doctor Strange/Inhumans truly be the way to go for the next ten years?

Don't forget Spider-man, Ant-man and GotG. I'd say Black Panther, Cpt Marvel and Dr Strange are in good company.

Dukefrukem
04-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Kinda weird that their still filming Dr Strange. I'm hoping they're reshoots.

Pic below.

Movie is out in 6 months.

number8
04-02-2016, 11:57 PM
Haha that is a terrific picture.

Peng
04-03-2016, 02:29 AM
weirdest 12 Years a Slave reunion ever.

Ezee E
04-04-2016, 04:17 AM
I don't know much about Dr. Strange, is it basically a Hulk premise mixed with Thor?

Skitch
04-04-2016, 04:52 AM
I would say no. Its a surgeon with god complex that loses use of his hands and becomes extremely depressive, then learns to bypass reality via magic. But I'm not Dr. Strange expert (as some will quote this and say "obviously"). The animated film seemed to be a fine primer based on what I've researched online.

Dukefrukem
04-04-2016, 10:50 AM
He's also part of the Illuminati which IMO, is one of the coolest things in the Marvel Universe and the MCU already has 5 members. Stark, Strange, Black Bolt, Black Panther and Namor.

They'd just be missing Professor X and Richards.

Grouchy
04-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Huh? Where are Black Bolt and Namor?

Dukefrukem
04-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Huh? Where are Black Bolt and Namor?

Well I'm assuming they'd introduce him in the Inhumans movie.

And Marvel has held the rights to Namor since ~2013 when they took them from Universal and could introduce him anywhere theyd like.

Edit: Namor would be awesome in the MCU. He's such a cock. They should cast Cary Elwes.

Dukefrukem
04-04-2016, 06:43 PM
Hmm.. Sony registers Spidermanhomecomingthemovie.co m

Spider-man: Homecoming ?

number8
04-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige told EW, yes – not only does Spidey end up helping Iron Man in Civil War, but the plan is for some Marvel Cinematic Universe stalwarts to appear in Spider-Man’s film. “He is in the universe now, and the fun of the universe is that characters go back and forth,” Feige said.

So essentially future Spidey movies are really just Marvel Studios movies and Sony is just skimming money off the top, like a venture capitalist.

Dukefrukem
04-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Was just gonna post that 8.

I want "What if" with Doctor Strange.

Dukefrukem
04-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Early screenings of Civil War are positive.

http://heroichollywood.com/reactions-critics-screening-captain-america-civil-war/

Peng
04-10-2016, 04:14 AM
Hm, wondering when critics I follow will have a chance to see it. I am going to see this either way, but those are the very typical 'first-wave' enthusiastic critics who usually get the first screening. Well, maybe except Devin Faraci, whom I can't stand but whose opinions of films are ok enough.

Irish
04-10-2016, 04:44 AM
I think it'll be fine (it's Disney). But I wonder whether, from a distance, the central conflict of Civil War will look too similar to BvS.

Once the "superheroes fighting each other" motif runs out of steam, where will these franchises go?

Edit: Also Faraci is a huge and unabashed Marvel fanboy. He doesn't even pretend to approach these movies from a straight angle.

Morris Schæffer
04-10-2016, 07:45 AM
Early screenings of Civil War are positive.

http://heroichollywood.com/reactions-critics-screening-captain-america-civil-war/

Expected as much. It can't come soon enough!!

megladon8
04-10-2016, 12:07 PM
More than positive. People are ecstatic about it.

Ezee E
04-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Same initial reviews happened for BvS though. I do expect it to be better, but this happens every single super hero movie.

Henry Gale
04-11-2016, 02:24 AM
Same initial reviews happened for BvS though. I do expect it to be better, but this happens every single super hero movie.

Naah, those were rando Twitter accounts gushing there. WB embargoed anyone with anything resembling a profile from saying anything until only a couple of days before BvS's release.

I actually know (and more or less trust) most of those reacting there.

Skitch
04-11-2016, 03:05 AM
Once the "superheroes fighting each other" motif runs out of steam, where will these franchises go?

I would like these fucking superheroes to fight their fucking supervillains, and I'd like some characters who deserve a flick get it. Mandarin? Brainiac? Darkseid? Mr. Sinister? Venom (for real)? Green Arrow?

Ezee E
04-11-2016, 05:44 AM
I would like these fucking superheroes to fight their fucking supervillains, and I'd like some characters who deserve a flick get it. Mandarin? Brainiac? Darkseid? Mr. Sinister? Venom (for real)? Green Arrow?

X-Men is actually fighting a super villain.

Dukefrukem
04-11-2016, 11:59 AM
The Avengers will eventually fight a super villain. (Thanos)

It would be boring if they fought a super villain in every Marvel movie that comes out.

Skitch
04-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Didnt say I wanted it in every one. Answering where I want it to go.

Irish
04-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Love to see Brainiac, but I doubt WB execs would greenlight a $200MM picture when Marvel already did a "killer robot" villain.

Darkseid ... man. He might be too weird. I dunno how'd you explain stuff like New Genesis, Omega Beams, and the Anti-Life Equation to a general audience.

These movies tend to lean toward heroes and villains that have limited to no powers, can't fly, and can be explained in a 90 second teaser trailer. A lot of the stuff from the comics feels like it's too big, too confusing, or too goofy for a mass market film.

(I think this is why WB, in particular, keeps going back to The Joker and Lex Luthor).

Dukefrukem
04-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Duke Speculation Time

“There’s an overarching story that’s going to be told through all four films, “And I think having the amount of characters we have in [Civil War] certainly prepares us to deal with probably triple the amount of characters in Infinity War.”

Triple??????

Okay... Let's do this:

----------------------------------------
Civil War Characters (15)
Hawkeye
Cap
Winter Solder
Scarlet Witch
Ant-Man
Agent 13
Falcon
----------
Iron Man
War Machine (dead?)
Vision
Black Widow
Black Pather
Spider-man
------------
Bad Guys
------------
Crossbones
Baron Zemo

Infinity War Characters (15x3= 45!! (Say 40-45))
---------------------------------------
Everyone from Above
- Crossbones and Zemo (assuming)
+Thanos
+Thor
+Hulk
+Dr Strange
+The Ancient One
+Wong
+ Peter Quill
+ Drax
+ Groot
+Gamora
+Rocket
+The Collector
+ Mantis
+ the Wasp
+Captain Marvel
+Nick Fury
+Maria Hill

So the best I can do is get that number up to 15-2+17 = 40

Anyone else want to take a stab ?

bac0n
04-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Lets not forget that Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron First exist in the MCU. And so does Punisher.

Dukefrukem
04-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Has Marvel ever indicated that the TV would crossover into movie?

number8
04-11-2016, 05:21 PM
No. Kevin Feige generally resents/doesn't care about the TV universe.

Moreso now with the company shakeup last year that has him reporting to Disney directly instead of Marvel. It's a one-way shared universe. Marvel builds their TV in response to the movies, but the movies are more or less self-contained.

Dukefrukem
04-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added Spider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now. How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet.

Bummer.

Ezee E
04-12-2016, 12:44 AM
The thing with Darkseid, for me, is that he seems basically just like a DC Thanos.

I've never read his comics, but the look and idea seems to be there.

Skitch
04-12-2016, 10:44 AM
The thing with Darkseid, for me, is that he seems basically just like a DC Thanos.

I've never read his comics, but the look and idea seems to be there.

You're not wrong, except I believe Darkseid came first, so Thanos would be Marvel's Darkseid. :)

number8
04-12-2016, 04:15 PM
It was intentional, too. Jim Starlin admitted that his approach in building up the cosmic side of Marvel was by ripping off Kirby's New Gods.

Dukefrukem
04-12-2016, 06:02 PM
It was intentional, too. Jim Starlin admitted that his approach in building up the cosmic side of Marvel was by ripping off Kirby's New Gods.

What makes this ironic is Thanos is way cooler than Darkseid.

number8
04-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Well, Darkseid didn't have his own helicopter.

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/thanos-copter.jpg

Morris Schæffer
04-12-2016, 08:32 PM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2016/horrorella/doctor_strange_large.jpg

Dukefrukem
04-13-2016, 12:14 AM
Super awesome rumor for the new Spider-man movie. The Vulture may be the villain.

TGM
04-13-2016, 01:16 AM
Super awesome rumor for the new Spider-man movie. The Vulture may be the villain.

That's who was supposed to be the villain in Raimi's last one, before the studio was against his idea to go that rout and he ultimately pulled out, resulting in The Amazing Spider-Man series. So it'd be funny to see Marvel's first outing with the character go right back to that. :p

Irish
04-13-2016, 04:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcSki7r9cQ

Inception meets Constantine?

Ezee E
04-13-2016, 04:17 AM
Looks to have a totally different direction than the other Marvel movies. I wouldn't have even thought this was in the Avengers world.

Winston*
04-13-2016, 04:26 AM
Hiring Cumberbatch then making him put on a dodgy American accent seems an odd decision. Why not just make the character English?

Swinton looks fun.

Milky Joe
04-13-2016, 05:17 AM
aw hell yeah.

Dukefrukem
04-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Perfect teaser.

And that is all I will be watching until November.

Skitch
04-13-2016, 11:53 AM
I was more excited about Derrickson directing than Cumberbatch starring. Looks pitch perfect.

Edit: And I still am.

Dukefrukem
04-13-2016, 12:37 PM
LOL where is Sony presenting all this?

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2016/harry/cf5mo0kwwae8dm1.jpg-large_large.jpeg

Lazlo
04-13-2016, 01:24 PM
LOL where is Sony presenting all this?

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2016/harry/cf5mo0kwwae8dm1.jpg-large_large.jpeg

CinemaCon. Big trade annual convention for distributers and exhibitors going on right now. The studios use it to get the theater chains excited about the upcoming product (which seems somewhat unnecessary) and we get announcements like this as a byproduct.

number8
04-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Dope ass poster.

http://i.imgur.com/sMcMH6m.jpg

number8
04-13-2016, 03:10 PM
If this is gonna be like what I think it's gonna be, I may actually choose to see this in 3D.

megladon8
04-13-2016, 04:47 PM
I know the character is American but I kind of wish he had kept his Brit accent.

Mostly because I just love his voice.

megladon8
04-13-2016, 04:48 PM
I know the character is American but I kind of wish he had kept his Brit accent.

Mostly because I just love his voice.

number8
04-14-2016, 05:08 AM
Oh shit Keaton may be the villain in Spidey.

Peng
04-14-2016, 05:25 AM
Finally a legitimate critic I actually follow: Justin Chang liked it! (http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/captain-america-civil-war-review-1201752643/) Only read the first paragraph but promising, especially: "viewers who have grown weary of seeing cities blow up ad nauseam will scarcely believe their luck at the relative restraint"

Dukefrukem
04-14-2016, 11:52 AM

Yes!!

I remember when they were talking about vulture being the villain in Spider-man 3 and his name came up.

Ezee E
04-14-2016, 07:11 PM
Yes!!

I remember when they were talking about vulture being the villain in Spider-man 3 and his name came up.

I thought it was Kingsley.

Just paint his Birdman costume green, and it's done.

Dukefrukem
04-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Fox Confirms Deadpool 2 Will Return With Ryan Reynolds And Director Tim Miller... not that we didn't think it wouldn't happen.

Dukefrukem
04-14-2016, 08:45 PM
I thought it was Kingsley.

Just paint his Birdman costume green, and it's done.

Oh maybe. I forget. I remember Raimi was pushing for someone.

number8
04-14-2016, 09:09 PM
lol it was neither, you guys. Raimi wanted John Malkovich.

Ezee E
04-15-2016, 04:28 AM
lol it was neither, you guys. Raimi wanted John Malkovich.

That's right, lol. And I remember that now. Would've been solid.

Dukefrukem
04-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Fuck. I just watched a Winter Solder vs Stark, Agent 13, Black Widow, Black Panther fight scene.

Dukefrukem
04-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Rumor has it the next X-men movie will be X-MEN: THE DARK PHOENIX SAGA.

Ezee E
04-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Rumor has it the next X-men movie will be X-MEN: THE DARK PHOENIX SAGA.

That would be Mr. Sinister, right?

Skitch
04-17-2016, 02:13 PM
I'm only game for that if they go full bore off planet and everything.

Dukefrukem
04-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Fox interested in doing cross-overs with Marvel!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/371247-deadpool-creative-team-open-to-spider-man-crossover#/slide/1

number8
04-19-2016, 12:22 PM
DEADPOOL director ≠ Fox.

Dukefrukem
04-19-2016, 12:24 PM
DEADPOOL director ≠ Fox.

Kinberg ≠ Fox?

number8
04-19-2016, 02:31 PM
No, he doesn't work for Fox. He's primarily a screenwriter. He's producing the new Star Wars movies for Disney.

Dukefrukem
04-19-2016, 03:18 PM
My fault.

Dukefrukem
04-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Tony Stark to co-star in Spider-man: Homecoming

Dukefrukem
04-21-2016, 08:47 PM

Deadline is reporting that Michael Keaton is no longer in talks, and won’t be appearing in the film.

Irish
04-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Tony Stark to co-star in Spider-man: Homecoming

Marvel knows where its bread is buttered. Only thing I'm curious about is what they're giving Downey to keep him on.

number8
04-21-2016, 09:19 PM
Marvel knows where its bread is buttered. Only thing I'm curious about is what they're giving Downey to keep him on.

He's the only one out of all the stars to have a backend deal. Dude had a $80 mil payday from Age of Ultron alone. He's not going anywhere.

Ezee E
04-22-2016, 02:46 AM
Will Downey ever do any other role in the next ten years??

Dukefrukem
04-22-2016, 03:05 AM
Will Downey ever do any other role in the next ten years??

Sherlock Holmes 3

Irish
04-22-2016, 09:13 AM
He's the only one out of all the stars to have a backend deal. Dude had a $80 mil payday from Age of Ultron alone. He's not going anywhere.

I know. But after a certain point, the money is meaningless. He could do anything now, but he's choosing to do more mainstream, big budget stuff a la Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford.

I find that curious. What's the draw? Magazine covers and red carpets?

slqrick
04-22-2016, 01:35 PM
I know. But after a certain point, the money is meaningless. He could do anything now, but he's choosing to do more mainstream, big budget stuff a la Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford.

Maybe he enjoys playing the character?

number8
04-22-2016, 03:11 PM

He's talked about this, actually. He said he doesn't want to do indies anymore. He doesn't enjoy the harder work, dealing with a crew with a learning curve, trying to get the word out at film festivals, etc. He prefers doing big budget tentpoles because he gets to just act and get pampered on set and be treated like a rock star during press tours.