PDA

View Full Version : In Treatment

Lucky
09-26-2010, 02:15 AM
How have I never even heard of this show before? After a quick search of Match Cut, I don't think it's ever been posted about. Do any of you watch this?

I just finished the first episode and am very intrigued how this format is going to play out. I assume the patients return week after week, so I'm expecting multiple episode arcs per character. What a great outlet for actors, I'm sure these roles are highly sought after. Melissa George set a strong bar in the first ep. It took me half the episode to realize it was her as a brunette, but I'd recognize that lip quiver anywhere.

Anyway, I'm watching more right now, I just wanted to hear some talk from you guys so I can have an idea of what to expect.

Lucky
09-26-2010, 03:02 AM
This show is 2/2 with interesting patients so far. I like that Alex is a new patient. Since we get to hear so much of his backstory, his character has a stronger foundation. I feel like I already know the guy. The first episode was much more specific since Laura was an established patient already. I also like that Alex is reluctant about therapy. I was hoping they'd have a patient like this, as I think it's very natural. It will be interesting to watch him turn around, and I think that ice is already thawing with doc's mini-diagnosis at the end of the session.

I can see myself becoming obsessed with this show very soon.

Lucky
09-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Hey, it's Alice! Girl is talented. Her character is a bit grating, but I suppose a tween in therapy wouldn't be the most pleasant character to be around. Still thoroughly intrigued by this show. Wish I was watching it as it was broadcast, I think it's a clever format.

And yes, I'm going to keep posting to myself until one of you who has seen the show chimes in or one of you decides to watch with me.

[ETM]
09-26-2010, 11:48 PM
I can't get myself to watch this. There's a local version already and I found the atmosphere to be unbearable.