PDA

View Full Version : Saw 3D

Dukefrukem
07-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Good news everyone!

Lionsgate, producers and star Tobin Bell will announce on Friday at the San Diego Comic-Con that Saw 3D, opening October 29, will be the final installment of the franchise.

"It's time to stop," producer Oren Koules told the USA Today, "We have told the story we wanted to tell, and this is going to be a great farewell."

Also funny to note...

The film was re-edited and submitted six times to the MPAA to bring it from an NC-17 to an R rating. "I'm surprised we got it," said producer Mark Burg. "It's more violent than any of them. But it's in 3-D, it answers all the questions, it comes full circle. We have the goods on this one."

CS.net (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68163)

eternity
07-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Got tickets to see (only) 8 minutes of the film. We tore them up.

MadMan
07-25-2010, 05:14 AM
How is good news that we're getting another shitty Saw movie? In 3D? Hopefully this is the last one, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dukefrukem
07-25-2010, 09:38 PM
How is good news that we're getting another shitty Saw movie? In 3D? Hopefully this is the last one, but I'm not holding my breath.

My post answers both of your questions.

Dukefrukem
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM
and we have a trailer (http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/saw3d/). pretty funny lookin traps.

number8
07-30-2010, 06:11 PM

:lol: Reading is important.

MadMan
08-02-2010, 10:41 PM
My post stated "How is it good that we are getting another shitty Saw movie? In 3D?" It was asking why that's supposed to be good, as I hate the series, and I'm not a fan of 3D, either. Plus horror series have a long standing tradition of saying that this entry and that entry is "The FINAL ONE!" when its all bullshit. I'll believe this is the last Saw entry when they finally stop making them. I'm sure if the Internet was around when they made Friday the 13th The Final Chapter, Duke would be believing that it was going to be the last one in the series at the time, too. :rolleyes:

[ETM]
08-02-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm waiting for "3D: The Movie... in 3D!!!"

Dukefrukem
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
My post stated "How is it good that we are getting another shitty Saw movie? In 3D?" It was asking why that's supposed to be good, as I hate the series, and I'm not a fan of 3D, either. Plus horror series have a long standing tradition of saying that this entry and that entry is "The FINAL ONE!" when its all bullshit. I'll believe this is the last Saw entry when they finally stop making them. I'm sure if the Internet was around when they made Friday the 13th The Final Chapter, Duke would be believing that it was going to be the last one in the series at the time, too. :rolleyes:

Why would they announce that it's the final movie in the franchise at a convention? :confused:

number8
08-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Well, you know, there's no guarantee that they're not just gonna reboot it later, but this is the planed last entry of the saga. That's why they got Tobin Bell and Cary Ewles back.

Although I was hoping for a Miles-Ben reunion.

megladon8
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
But Tobin Bell never left?

number8
08-03-2010, 02:01 AM
My bad. I stopped watching. I was under the impression he died in III. Turns out he appeared as a corpse in IV and was in flashbacks in V and VI.

Philosophe_rouge
08-03-2010, 02:48 AM
I haven't seen a single Saw movie, but because this is in 3-D, I'll see it.

Dead & Messed Up
08-03-2010, 03:42 AM
...we have told the story we wanted to tell...

Ooh, maybe someday they can share it with us.

Derek
08-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Ooh, maybe someday they can share it with us.

Hmm, I'm cool with them keeping it to themselves.

Henry Gale
08-03-2010, 07:03 AM
If this doesn't have any 3D pies in faces, I'm saving my money. (And I know exactly what for.)

Dukefrukem
08-03-2010, 11:19 AM
If this doesn't have any 3D pies in faces, I'm saving my money. (And I know exactly what for.)

Would you consider a 3D car with a spike on it in your face?

And what supports this being the last movie in the franchise, the writers from the Saw movies are moving on to do an Outer-Limits movie... We'd already be hearing about Saw VIII right now if they were planning on another one next year.

number8
08-03-2010, 01:08 PM
They did plan SAV VIII. They were gonna announce that as the last one. But then SAW VI bombed so Lionsgate nixed it and told 'em they only get one more movie.

Dukefrukem
08-03-2010, 01:12 PM
They did plan SAV VIII. They were gonna announce that as the last one. But then SAW VI bombed so Lionsgate nixed it and told 'em they only get one more movie.

What I mean is we'd be hearing about the production of Saw VIII (http://www.match-cut.org/showpost.php?p=186847&postcount=16)- casting, plot etc...

number8
10-29-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm really not too fond of writing fluff pieces like this, but whatever. There are some amusing quotes in here.

http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/movie-news/7099-saw-3d-finishing-the-jigsaw-puzzle.html

Dukefrukem
10-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Were you forced to write that? It feels like you were.

You were right though; "don't know how many fans of Princess Bride will come and see Saw"

haha!

number8
10-29-2010, 02:50 PM
No, but I had a Cary Elwes interview I didn't know what to do with. And since I've only ever seen the first two, I don't have any specific criticism of the goddamn thing.

Mostly, I selected quotes that sound positive, but I secretly think are batshit insane. Figured some people would get a laugh.

Dukefrukem
10-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Gotcha. Your write up did convince me to consider seeing it though. I didn't know Elwes was making an appearance, but I haven't seen Saw 6.

You have no interest in seeing the franchise out?

Dukefrukem
10-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Mostly, I selected quotes that sound positive, but I secretly think are batshit insane. Figured some people would get a laugh.

Yup.
It's without a doubt the most graphically violent movie I've ever seen. Hands down, it's relentless. At one point, I was just laughing hysterically, it was so unbelievably intense,

number8
10-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Nope.

Also, what the fuck is "spiritual psychology?"

eternity
10-29-2010, 09:27 PM
So it's official: just about EVERY survivor in these films either becomes a copycat killer or a Jigsaw apprentice. Is that the lesson we learn from this? If Jigsaw doesn't kill you, he becomes your bestie?