PDA

View Full Version : Film Criticism

MacGuffin
12-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Ever since Rowland had posted that interview featuring Armond White, I've been fascinated with film criticism. Well, really, I've always been fascinated with film criticism, but up until reading that interview, I hadn't really stopped to think about the people writing the criticisms, but merely, the criticisms themselves. So this is a thread devoted to theory and to writings regarding film. I want to be able to share links devoted to film criticism, but also be able to discuss the ideas within these writings, as well as the style behind the writings themselves. I'd also like for people to feel free and post their own writings on film for critique or discussion, or both.

To start things off, I thought I'd share a link which was contained in the link that Rowland had posted. This one links to a blog called The House Next Door, and it features ten of Steven Boone's favorite quotes from articles written by Armond White, a critic who equally annoys me and fascinates me. The link can be found here (http://mattzollerseitz.blogspot.com/2007/12/white-power-ten-armond-white-quotes.html).

Also, I do plan on writing some more, and if time allows, I'll probably start a new blog tonight or tomorrow. I recently got the book "A Short Guide to Writing About Film" by Timothy J. Corrigan to help me out, since I often find myself having trouble articulating my thoughts (perhaps, just as much as you all find reading them.)