PDA

View Full Version : Carl Sagan's Ghost - Live 5/14

D_Davis
05-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Here is an hour-long, edited video of our recent live performance.

http://www.vimeo.com/11871658

The sound quality isn't the greatest, but it does capture the general mood and atmosphere of the evening.

We will be working on a much better "live" DVD to be released later this year. Basically, we'll be going into the studio and performing the set again, but this time we'll get a direct feed of the audio. Then we'll mix and edit in live footage from the show, from the studio, and of Kurt's visuals.

Anyhow, enjoy.

Russ
05-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Woah, at 39:25. I'm tripping! :lol:

D_Davis
05-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Woah, at 39:25. I'm tripping! :lol:

I think that's about where I started to forget that I was performing, and just started to get really lost in the music.

Russ
05-20-2010, 01:37 AM
I think that's about where I started to forget that I was performing, and just started to get really lost in the music.
I think it's also the point where the acid kicked in for whoever was filming the show. :)

D_Davis
05-20-2010, 01:39 AM
I think it's also the point where the acid kicked in for whoever was filming the show. :)

Oh yeah - that!

:)

The second 1/2 of the set was much better. I really started to relax.

Russ
05-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Waitaminit...was it Sven? Please tell me it was Sven.

D_Davis
05-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Waitaminit...was it Sven? Please tell me it was Sven.

HA, no. We just set up some video cameras. Although Sven was looking really into it...

Sven
05-20-2010, 03:29 AM
It was during that song, actually, the one where the video goes all weird, that this guy started to do this baby T-rex robot breakdown thing. There are no words that I know of to describe it. But I was entranced.

D_Davis
05-20-2010, 09:35 PM
It was during that song, actually, the one where the video goes all weird, that this guy started to do this baby T-rex robot breakdown thing. There are no words that I know of to describe it. But I was entranced.

Man - wish I could've seen that. Was it the dude looked like a steam-punk elven wizard?

Russ
05-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Alright, you guys are just fucking with me now, right?

:lol:

Would have loved to have been there. What exactly was that venue? Art gallery? Bar hybrid?

D_Davis
05-20-2010, 09:44 PM
It was at an art gallery - total hippie fest. They were serving mugwart tea or something. Very cool. Lot's of unique people. The guy who set up the show looks like an elf. Seriously. And the guy who ran sound was a huge stoner, also seriously cool. Spaced out, far out, totally trippy, and as nice as can be.

The floor was littered with huge pillows and stuffed animals for people to rest on. And there was a guy painting in the back room. Really great artist.

They actually want me to come up to the mountains with them in July and play a trip-fest in the middle of the night. They're going to have generators all set up, and they said people will just be camping out under the stars, tripping out to nature and ambient music.

They probably thought I was a total square with my shaved head and tucked in shirt.

:)

Russ
05-20-2010, 11:16 PM
They actually want me to come up to the mountains with them in July and play a trip-fest in the middle of the night. They're going to have generators all set up, and they said people will just be camping out under the stars, tripping out to nature and ambient music. :)
You should totally, absolutely do this. Middle of the night, country setting in the mountains, powered by generator. Hmmm. Could it be any better? Just if you're hawking 'shrooms, I suppose. You could make a pretty penny.

All kidding aside, it sounds pretty cool.

Ezee E
05-21-2010, 01:53 AM
Didn't watch the entire show, but I checked out a bit of the beginning and the "acid trip" part which I liked a ton. Good stuff man. Good luck on getting more shows.

D_Davis
05-21-2010, 02:24 AM
You should totally, absolutely do this. Middle of the night, country setting in the mountains, powered by generator. Hmmm. Could it be any better? Just if you're hawking 'shrooms, I suppose. You could make a pretty penny.

All kidding aside, it sounds pretty cool.

Wish I could, but it's the weekend after I'm back from Australia, and they want to play on a Sunday, which would mean having to take another day off of work. And after having a month off, I'm pretty sure taking another day off so soon would be frowned upon.