PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Spartans

number8
12-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Apparently they're not creative enough to come up with a strictly parody of 300, so they had to include other things.

http://media.movieweb.com/news/12.2007/sparthumb.jpg

Watashi
12-15-2007, 04:08 AM
Is that suppose to be a Transformer?

lovejuice
12-15-2007, 07:18 AM
i don't get it.

Sycophant
12-15-2007, 07:22 AM
i don't get it.The world is a terrible place.

Clear things up?

Sxottlan
12-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Apparently they're not creative enough to come up with a strictly parody of 300, so they had to include other things.

Well that's how these lame parodies have gone lately. They're just a hodge podge of lame jokes reference all the big recent blockbusters since the last lame parody.

At least that Walk Hard looks to do right by going after a particular kind of movies.

eternity
12-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh great, they're going to try to fit Shrek and Transformers in there.

I really like the tagline, but this may be even shittier than the first two movies. IT'S NOT A SPOOF OF ANYTHING WHEN YOU JUST THROW RANDOM JOKES ABOUT A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT MOVIES TOGETHER INTO BUBBLING SHIT.

Rowland
12-15-2007, 07:21 PM
I recognize that movie! :lol:

And that movie! :lol:

I saw that character in some trailer! :lol::lol:

OMG, I know that guy from something! :lol:

Paris Hilton! :lol::lol::lol:

number8
12-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I really like the tagline, but this may be even shittier than the first two movies.

What first two movies?

eternity
12-15-2007, 07:56 PM
What first two movies?

Date and Epic Movie. If you haven't seen them, thank god that you still might have your sanity intact.

[ETM]
12-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Good to see Azamat Bagatov is getting work.

number8
12-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Date and Epic Movie. If you haven't seen them, thank god that you still might have your sanity intact.

I didn't know they were related. Are we not including the Scary Movies?

Incidentally, I might not have my sanity intact anymore, because of your avatar. It makes me want to punch my monitor.

Henry Gale
12-15-2007, 09:57 PM
The worst part about these three movies have been how they just want be so timely with what they're spoofing. But just like with the last two and most of the jokes hinted at on that poster, the stuff is are already ridiculously outdated. Sanjaya jokes? Seriously?

I don't see what's spoof-worthy about stuff like Ugly Betty either (if that's even what that is). Plus don't they realize that they're making a mistake by making fun of Dane Cook when basically the movie-going audience for this and his stuff are more or less the same? Not that it matters though, the scene where they rip on him will probably be so masterfully done. I see it going something like:

Dane Cook look-a-like: "Hey guys! I'm telling worse versions of the jokes I do! lol!"
*Spartan character cuts him in half*
(Long gap for audience to laugh hysterically)
*Next reference begins*

Ezee E
12-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't know if they're associated to Epic Movie and Date Movie, because I think there's Superhero Movie on its way.

number8
12-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Plus don't they realize that they're making a mistake by making fun of Dane Cook when basically the movie-going audience for this and his stuff are more or less the same?

Terrible comedians (or comedy writers) always think that they're better than their equals.

Look at the stuff Family Guy has made fun of.

MadMan
12-15-2007, 11:58 PM
This looks like the worst movie of the year. I'm sure others qualify too. But with this one I'm pretty damn sure its that terrible. You don't need to see shit to know when its there-just smelling it is enough. Ugh.

eternity
12-16-2007, 03:48 AM
I don't know if they're associated to Epic Movie and Date Movie, because I think there's Superhero Movie on its way.
Superhero Movie is David Zucker's spoof, so it's coming from the Airplane/Scary Movie 3 and 4 people, not 2 of the 6 writers of Scary Movie (Date/Epic movie)

Ezee E
12-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Superhero Movie is David Zucker's spoof, so it's coming from the Airplane/Scary Movie 3 and 4 people, not 2 of the 6 writers of Scary Movie (Date/Epic movie)
Of course.

Ivan Drago
12-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Personally, I think Walk Hard looks more like an Anchorman/Talladega Nights type of movie than a spoof of biopics. I do see the similarities between Walk Hard and Walk The Line, though.

Back on-topic: This movie will be awful. But you all knew that already.